eastadam55
08-18-2011, 09:25 PM
'

muffins
08-18-2011, 10:27 PM
project zek is good but no one plays it

eastadam55
08-18-2011, 11:29 PM
i was promised a gm spot on zek and i had it for a sec then it was taken away :(

Crazyboyo
08-19-2011, 05:24 AM
Red69 is fun

hagard
08-19-2011, 03:36 PM
been playin on that red69 server seems stable just lacks a population.
also the pvp leaderboard is pretty sweet

deakolt
08-19-2011, 03:38 PM
clearly red69 and project zek should combine talent, codebase & player base. Why are devs so egotistical

Aenor
08-19-2011, 04:32 PM
clearly red69 and project zek should combine talent, codebase & player base.

Clearly. Or they can both sit with no population and continue to be masturbatory exercises.

freakyuno
08-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Clearly. Or they can both sit with no population and continue to be masturbatory exercises.

Clearly you all know whats going on too right? The VZTZ code and the Red69 code arent compatible, and it'd be more effort to patch one to the other than it's worth.

VZTZ | Project Zek has no population, so there's nothing to combine with R69 - I wish there was, a single combined PvP server MIGHT have enough population to support some healthy pvp activies.

Right now none of the PvP servers have any population, and this really is for 3 reasons.

1.) People are tired of leveling. They did it through how many VZTZ wipes back on Gronkus's box, and Secrets Box, and Now Mine and R69?

2.) Half the PvP population refuses to play on servers they cant hack on, or servers where they'll be banned if they do hack.

3.) With the possibility of Red99 comming around the corner, most that would play, wont invest in a char on any other box right now - and I dont blame them.

Tonomar
08-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Clearly you all know whats going on too right? The VZTZ code and the Red69 code arent compatible, and it'd be more effort to patch one to the other than it's worth.

VZTZ | Project Zek has no population, so there's nothing to combine with R69 - I wish there was, a single combined PvP server MIGHT have enough population to support some healthy pvp activies.

Right now none of the PvP servers have any population, and this really is for 3 reasons.

1.) People are tired of leveling. They did it through how many VZTZ wipes back on Gronkus's box, and Secrets Box, and Now Mine and R69?

2.) Half the PvP population refuses to play on servers they cant hack on, or servers where they'll be banned if they do hack.

3.) With the possibility of Red99 comming around the corner, most that would play, wont invest in a char on any other box right now - and I dont blame them.

Definitely #3. People just don't want to waste their time on some temporary shit box. Even though I'm pretty sure Rogean is just trolling us and likes the extra website hits, people are still hopeful for Red99.

deakolt
08-19-2011, 06:55 PM
So the codebases aren't compatible. Why not get the 6 or so devs on IRC and discuss working on the most advanced codebase, together?

Shit in the real world gets done in teams not 1 man hack boxes all day

08-19-2011, 07:05 PM
So the codebases aren't compatible. Why not get the 6 or so devs on IRC and discuss working on the most advanced codebase, together?

Shit in the real world gets done in teams not 1 man hack boxes all day

I can answer this question for you.

The Project99 team wants x developers to work on the P99 code and fix certain issues.

The code changes I have made on eqpvp.com are intended for eqemu public (eg server code submissions, however there is no interest for the eqemu dev team to even input fixes into the public source) - see http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=669

VZTZ code scares me when I hear some of the bugs, but people like it so developers will exist for it.

Different objectives and you have a different idea of why we are here.

SearyxTZ
08-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Don't need to make a big detailed list for why red servers fail: the reason they fail is because they are run like sandboxes.

Example: releasing a box on old crappy code with no promotion/internal testing/etc and calling it "Red69"

Smedy
08-19-2011, 08:15 PM
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/8058/searyxdloottables.jpg

sup searyx, never forgive never forget, endless nights in chardok forever traumatize me

freakyuno
08-19-2011, 08:39 PM
I can answer this question for you.

The Project99 team wants x developers to work on the P99 code and fix certain issues.

The code changes I have made on eqpvp.com are intended for eqemu public (eg server code submissions, however there is no interest for the eqemu dev team to even input fixes into the public source) - see http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=669

VZTZ code scares me when I hear some of the bugs, but people like it so developers will exist for it.

Different objectives and you have a different idea of why we are here.

Just for the record, the current VZTZ code I'm running isn't VZTZ code anymore at all. It's the public sources up to the latest revision, other than the changes I've made after that, and the classic VZTZ database. The previous VZTZ code was highly specific and public revision 1400 and something, ancient buggy shit.

It's been quite a bit of work to get things working up to the latest revision, but it's been worth it to get rid of the bugs and other issues.

Rushmore
08-19-2011, 08:58 PM
What happen to box 3.0 code? with kunark epics and shit? It wasn't so bad.
OR did I miss a lot.

Miss all my pals... and pals that soon will be

Crenshinabon
08-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Example: releasing a box on old crappy code with no promotion/internal testing/etc and calling it "Red69"

Red69 is really great as far as stability and non buggy issues. The devs have already fixed more than most all the other pvp servers combined.

This is literally the most bug free, complete server I have played on. More quest included than any other, Jewelcrafting works, devs are maintaining every day. This is damn nearly R99 with 1/4 of the grind (equals a good amount!) and everyone is fkin it over by not playing.

Been playing there a bit myself and even the leveling goes by fairly quickly. It really does seem to build some community and to feel more epic as your character. I am just super surprised there are not more people.

Currently there are a few top end pvp guilds who would love some competition and no one on this forum is giving it. A chunk of the trolls were banned for using third party programs, so that might explain something. Sad.

Bardalicious
08-19-2011, 09:57 PM
What happen to box 3.0 code? with kunark epics and shit? It wasn't so bad.
OR did I miss a lot.

Miss all my pals... and pals that soon will be

I'm fairly sure the box 3.0 code is what Secrets ran on Locked and Loaded. It has everything set up for Kunark, he just didn't enable it, from what I've seen.

That "ancient piece of shit" that freaky is referring to is because Secrets created the differential patch based off an old EQEmu source revision, something like 1740, to filter out the scrubs that wouldn't know how to use an SVN repository properly to patch from the appropriate file revisions.

I'm still working on the VZTZ source and database in private. Having a stable source with an accurately populated database through Kunark with the ultimate goal of Velious for PVP would be badass imo. I like my vanilla EQ pvp as much as the next guy, but having epics and actual content to raid would be baller.

Bardalicious
08-19-2011, 10:00 PM
And while i'm on the topic, has anyone played on a server that used the AXClassic database? I haven't gotten a chance to look at it, just curious if anyone knows how closely they've actually emulated classic with it?

fiegi
08-19-2011, 10:13 PM
red69 was going good

till they took boxing out

then i jumped ship like they were taking water

freakyuno
08-19-2011, 10:23 PM
And while i'm on the topic, has anyone played on a server that used the AXClassic database? I haven't gotten a chance to look at it, just curious if anyone knows how closely they've actually emulated classic with it?

Pretty sure you did. The VZTZ code before secrets got it, ran off the axclassic database, if you download the sources and db from the public vztz repository thats what it's running.

Misto
08-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Definitely #3. People just don't want to waste their time on some temporary shit box. Even though I'm pretty sure Rogean is just trolling us and likes the extra website hits, people are still hopeful for Red99.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2mfk65l.jpg

Darksinga
08-19-2011, 11:13 PM
red69 was going good

till they took boxing out

then i jumped ship like they were taking water

Funny thing is people don't really want classic. They take boxing out, population goes down. They take pets zoning with you out, and half of the server which is compromised of necros/mages rage quit until its put back in. They make xp x2 of live, pretty slow rate, and people rage quit.

So on R99 when you have one box, pets poofing on zones, x1 xp not x2, how many people will actually play?

BTW- With these changes all going in within a few days the population went from 101 to 40s tops in prime. Over half of the population left at classic changes.

Bardalicious
08-19-2011, 11:26 PM
Funny thing is people don't really want classic. They take boxing out, population goes down. They take pets zoning with you out, and half of the server which is compromised of necros/mages rage quit until its put back in. They make xp x2 of live, pretty slow rate, and people rage quit.

So on R99 when you have one box, pets poofing on zones, x1 xp not x2, how many people will actually play?

BTW- With these changes all going in within a few days the population went from 101 to 40s tops in prime. Over half of the population left at classic changes.

101 / 2 = roughly 50-60 players if 2 boxing was enabled. So you lost all of what, 10-20 people? Wow, that's terrible bro.

It's not a conspiracy. The box being run by Image and Devnoob after people saw how they ran KaB combined with Rogean alluding to things to come = people are tired of wasting their time. Stop being so fucking salty that nobody wants to play on the PVP boxes you end up sinking all of your time unwisely into.

Classical implementations like slow xp and single boxing will work when you actually have the reputation and population to support + warrant it.

Lazortag
08-19-2011, 11:40 PM
101 / 2 = roughly 50-60 players if 2 boxing was enabled. So you lost all of what, 10-20 people? Wow, that's terrible bro.

It's not a conspiracy. The box being run by Image and Devnoob after people saw how they ran KaB combined with Rogean alluding to things to come = people are tired of wasting their time. Stop being so fucking salty that nobody wants to play on the PVP boxes you end up sinking all of your time unwisely into.

Classical implementations like slow xp and single boxing will work when you actually have the reputation and population to support + warrant it.

All this is true, but darksinga still makes a valid point. Most of the vocal red crowd really does not want classic. They want everything handed to them on a plate (hence why most of them are on welfare)

eastadam55
08-19-2011, 11:43 PM
just because boxing isn't allowed that wont stop ppl from doing it anyway, a bunch of ppl in gwb were boxing in vztz.

Darksinga
08-19-2011, 11:45 PM
population hit 101 with 1 box. Not sure how it went downhill so fast after that population wise.

Btw, I've heard/seen only good things from Image/Devnoob for the few months that I've played on their servers and their reputation from previous pvp boxes were great. The only people that I know of who are truly salty about not being able to play on their servers are you and Salty himself. The rest of the people who got banned were curb stomped because of hacks, i dont really know why you were banned, but I can't see how your telling the truth in saying you weren't banned for hacking when 95% of the others who got banned was because of MQ.

Not trying to start shit, just don't get why every time one of Dev/Images pvp servers go live you spend hours on end trying to bash um. Man up and admit your rage and maybe get some counseling. It's a game bud.

Bardalicious
08-20-2011, 12:02 AM
Not trying to start shit, just don't get why every time one of Dev/Images pvp servers go live you spend hours on end trying to bash um. Man up and admit your rage and maybe get some counseling. It's a game bud.

As a counter-point, every time Dev/Images pvp servers die out you spend hours on end soaking the forums with your tears in an effort to bring people back to justify all of the time you wasted playing on them.

I don't need to bash their servers. They did a pretty bang-up job of representing themselves on the matter, don't you think? The population has spoken as a testament to that.

It is indeed a game. Perhaps you should invest your time more wisely so that you don't have to worry about washing the sand out of your vag because of it later? Don't come crying here then expect not to be called on it pal.

Giovanni
08-20-2011, 12:03 AM
Dropping hints about red99 just fractured a population that was already burned out from grinding back to back 3 times straight.

I can't play much at the moment, but I will try and report all the bugs/database issues that I can on red69. Image/devnoob get stuff done.

Amuk
08-20-2011, 12:09 AM
No boxing was classic? Sam Dea... nvm. Lowering exp to craptastic slow rates with no boxing and a 50 population. I hear this population was over 100 1 box garbage, it was one night and the next night it was at 45, and since then hasn't gone over 50 every time I'm on the list. I'm not some super dev pro but for it to have over 100 for like an hour one night in it's existence and then not come anywhere near close to that again seems shady, but what do I know.

Maye you're refering to p99 style? Yeah Red69 didn't have close to the population to do the changes they did, he catered to the few retards who acted like they were good changes, and all he did was create a server for a player base that doesn't exist, well not at least wihout some interest to build in the server.

In the end- new players won't level that shitastic exp rate solo or wait 8 hours for their one main cleric to log on so they can do the planes. When everyone on the boards was saying they'll wait 2 weeks before trying a server out because the devs usually fuck it up this is exactly why, and instead of letting the server grow image/dev did what secrets and every other fucker has done since vz/tz shut down.

So when's red9 commen out yo.

Bardalicious
08-20-2011, 12:10 AM
The only people that I know of who are truly salty about not being able to play on their servers are you and Salty himself.

Don't kid yourself. You make the same pathetic, transparent arguments every time you come here. If I were banned for hacking and had any remote desire to still play on their servers, I would be doing so.

openvpn.net

Also, I can't speak for what Salty did on Red69, but I can attest to the fact that I personally went through the logs for VZTZ Locked and Loaded and can verify that he did not hack there. If he states that Dev and Image banned him for something he said, it's probably pretty fucking accurate.

Amuk
08-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Also, I do think mage pets poofing on zone is a good change - but with emu gay ass grp bugs that happen every 2 minutes I can see the frustration.

muffins
08-20-2011, 02:20 AM
EQ PVP IS DEAD.

RIP.

hagard
08-20-2011, 02:47 AM
EQ PVP IS DEAD.

RIP.

say it aint so

JayDee
08-20-2011, 04:41 AM
EQ PVP IS ALIVE AND WELL.