PDA

View Full Version : Concern: Line of Sight Issues

Doors
08-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Is healing through walls going to be addressed on red99? I was just reminded that it was possible on other boxes. I can't remember for sure if it was like this on classic. and I'm almost positive it existed on vztz. I know its possible on p99 but would like to see that changed for red99.

Healers glitching into terrain or unpassable terrain with a levitate brings back some memories. Also whats going to happen with casting ranges dealing with people who use levitate to get 2000 feet above someone and just cast on them? Is there going to be range values for that similar to the range values dealing with horizontal casting range values?

Kope
08-25-2011, 07:06 PM
If they can cast on you, you can cast on them (pumice). If they are levitated over 200 ft in the air and can cast, they're not going to be happy while falling that far on your head :P

raptorak
08-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Haha nice idea - will definitely try that :)

raptorak
08-25-2011, 07:16 PM
...and will I be jumping into water to avoid your spells? Yes. Yes I will.

Kope
08-25-2011, 07:17 PM
...and will I be jumping into water to avoid your spells? Yes. Yes I will.

Maybe my experiences have been off but that doesn't work on p99 does it?

lethdar
08-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Uh what? Hiding your healers during pvp has been a part of everquest forever. You don't need LoS for healing people, never have and it's always been an awesome part of everquest pvp.

Misto
08-25-2011, 07:21 PM
if you're not in LOS you shouldnt be able to cast the spell. that is all.

P.S. - I want to give Abacab hard buttsex

Doors
08-25-2011, 07:25 PM
I think I still have vent recordings of people trying to land offensive based spells on healers stuck in lguk walls and them getting LOS issues. Of course if they were casting greater healing it landed. I'm aware its always been around, sometimes it was cool but mostly it was annoying as fuck.

I'm impartial either way as to if this aspect gets changed or not, but either way we should probably be discussing something other than YT all day long.

Macken
08-25-2011, 07:26 PM
If they can cast on you, you can cast on them (pumice). If they are levitated over 200 ft in the air and can cast, they're not going to be happy while falling that far on your head :P

exactly but a 2000 ft sword is a different animal.

lethdar
08-25-2011, 07:26 PM
if you're not in LOS you shouldnt be able to cast the spell. that is all.

P.S. - I want to give Abacab hard buttsex

Not classic, nor has ever happened during eq live w/r/t heals.

Macken
08-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Beneficial spells have a range check only. You do not need to see, hear or smell your target.

Detrimental spells settled upon needing los to cast only. No los needed to land.

If you change any of the above two mechanics, you have deviated so far from EQ that you now have the custom box that everyone seems to abhor.

Knuckle
08-26-2011, 01:37 PM
How Line of Sight SHOULD work.
Healing spells work at any angle with or without line of sight.

Detrimental spells work at full range if character is in Line of Sight.
Detrimental spells can not cast without first making line of sight with target.
Detrimental spells can still land if a target breaks line of sight, but has their range reduced to 40% normal range.

How spells will work 'classic' . Spell can be cast with no line of sight on enemy target. Or Spell will land full range if a target breaks line of sight.

Fuck innovation or intelligent gameplay let the frothing masses begin the trolling.

Buhbuh
08-26-2011, 01:41 PM
exactly but a 2000 ft sword is a different animal.

Whoa, pal. That's what she said.

Macken
08-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Detrimental spells can still land if a target breaks line of sight, but has their range reduced to 40% normal range.

could have just said " i want to play a melee and make a living off fighting casters in dungeons"

Would have read the same way.

Buhbuh
08-26-2011, 01:51 PM
My name is Macken, I read between the lines. Look at me! Macken the ENCHANTER

Macken
08-26-2011, 02:13 PM
My name is Macken, I read between the lines. Listen to me! Macken the ENCHANTER!

Listen now or believe later.

Your choice.

Buhbuh
08-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Is that your God complex talking or a candid opinion?

Macken
08-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Usually those that are jealous of Macken are the ones i raped daily.

Since i've never heard of you, I guess you are a bluebie who is jealous because of a different reason?

Harrison
08-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Buhbuh in his short time here has shown he knows more about pvp than you ever have.

Macken
08-26-2011, 02:49 PM
consider the source

Kope
08-26-2011, 03:13 PM

Since i've never heard of you, I guess you are a bluebie who is jealous because of a different reason?

So I know Macken was on SZ right? That was...8...10 years ago?

He's still acting like he's 16, was he 8 yrs old on live?

Macken you do have some intelligence, you've displayed it when you aren't ranting and raving for attention. Please man, for the love of all that is holy get over your obsession with attention.

Macken you have the intelligence to do so, just be a little introspective for a second.

Macken
08-26-2011, 03:19 PM
I am on such a level , it is confounding to you.

It has so far proven impossible for you to even understand what it is I am/have been doing here.

Until you do, you will always be a few steps behind.

Get on my level.

Knuckle
08-26-2011, 03:36 PM
could have just said " i want to play a melee and make a living off fighting casters in dungeons"

Would have read the same way.

With no line of sight restrictions i could start casting ice comet in the evil eye spot in a corner, run around levitated kiting a melee for 5 seconds, then land right back in the spot i started and nuke them for 740 damage on vztz 2.0. killed bandius that way i believe.

Crenshinabon
08-26-2011, 04:02 PM
With no line of sight restrictions i could start casting ice comet in the evil eye spot in a corner, run around levitated kiting a melee for 5 seconds, then land right back in the spot i started and nuke them for 740 damage on vztz 2.0. killed bandius that way i believe.

No LOS was broken in classic. In Highkeep.. ohhh man I had some fun on my enchanter. Literally could just cast away with no chance of them finding me. Jerked best loot in my EQ career there. Couple fbss, couple miths, couple blue diamond gears. Blind was awesome.

Buhbuh
08-26-2011, 04:14 PM

Don't be coy. Opposing guilds for over a year.

I'm only new to these boards, Harrison. =p

Macken
08-26-2011, 04:33 PM

And your point is...?

Buhbuh
08-26-2011, 04:41 PM
He's arguing that casters don't have it that bad, either.

My name is Macken, I turn off my ability to read between the lines at times. LOOK AT ME.

Seriously though, where does your know-it-all-I'm-uber-as-fuck complex come from? How tall are you irl? 5'5, huh?

See, I'm 6'2, so I've never felt the itch to be something I'm not via cocky, dipshit swagger.

Kringe
08-26-2011, 04:43 PM

Actually sad but true, thats how it was on classic for the first say 6-10months on release. You could stand at the zone-in to Lower Guk Dead Side,
Have someone target someone in the safehall on the way to frenzy /assist and hit them with Ice Comet from the zoneline... Was pure lols.... But again, theres so much trolling etc on these forums its hilarious.... Pretty sure their collaborative effort will give a solid server for everyone to play on...