PDA

View Full Version : Possible hit box radius increase for pvp server?

Crenshinabon
08-26-2011, 02:13 PM
I have been playing on P99 testing hit box type stuff. It just seems like hitbox is really small atm and would make it easier on all us melees if it was increased a bit.

What do you think?

juicedsixfo
08-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Just gonna quote myself from the "PvP concerns and issues" thread

My biggest concerns are melee related:

• Melee damage mitigation for PvP

• Hit/miss rate tweaks (I've heard PvE hit/miss with 2h on p1999 is abysmal)

• Hit box area and size issues

• Will the devs listen (I think they will)

Basically I just hope it's being put into consideration.

God-King Abacab
08-26-2011, 02:20 PM
I have been playing on P99 testing hit box type stuff. It just seems like hitbox is really small atm and would make it easier on all us melees if it was increased a bit.

What do you think?

The following patch notes should be in effect on this server because they greatly increased viability in PvP

PvP Combat Changes:

- Melee attacks have a 50% increased range. This does not affect thrown weapons or archery.

- The maximum damage any one spell can do is now capped at 40% of the target's total hit points, down from 75%.

- Archery damage has been increased to 80% of its base damage in PvP, up from 66%.

- Lowered player melee mitigation, effectively lowering Armor Class by 20%.* This will increase the damage potential of melee weapons in PvP.* Originally the targets full armor class was considered.

- Player spells now have a separate duration field for PvP.* Individual spells will continue to be tuned during beta.

- Player spells now have a PvP specific resist mod.* Spell lines with resist mods differing from their normal adjusts initially include:
*Movement Rate
*Root
*Enthrall
*Mana Drain
*Stuns
*Direct Damage
*Damage over Time
*Pet procs/innates

Source: http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/news_article.vm?id=63142&month=082004

Highlighted the parts that would be complimentary to your post

Crenshinabon
08-26-2011, 02:23 PM
- The maximum damage any one spell can do is now capped at 40% of the target's total hit points, down from 75%.

- Archery damage has been increased to 80% of its base damage in PvP, up from 66%.

- Lowered player melee mitigation, effectively lowering Armor Class by 20%.* This will increase the damage potential of melee weapons in PvP.* Originally the targets full armor class was considered.

Yea, didn't melee/spells do full pvp damage in classic when damage was a lot lower?

God-King Abacab
08-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Yea, didn't melee/spells do full pvp damage in classic when damage was a lot lower?

Melee didn't because AC was taking it's full check, spells could one shot but that was mostly at higher levels, it was changed to 3/4ths rule then to 2/5ths at this time they also redid the spell system and added specific PvP spells (I.E PvPstun2, PvPsnare1) on a point vendor to "hotfix" the issue.

God-King Abacab
08-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Pushback was in effect as well, if a melee was able to touch you and you didn't have a massive amount of channeling you would be interrupted from pushback. To fix this I'd re-tune the channeling rate to an <80% to interrupt casting if channeling is below 100, from 100 up it lessens the chance by 2% every 5 points so if you have maxed channeling you'd only be interrupted 20% of the time

Harrison
08-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Melee push is almost nonexistent in its current form, here.

Crenshinabon
08-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Man i was really lookin forward to melee pushback, it is nonexistant on P99?
Was thinking dual wield + kick would be caster killer.

God-King Abacab
08-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Melee push is almost nonexistent in its current form, here.

That's why channeling needs to be penalized with an 80% interrupt rate if less than 100 points, and a 2% reduction for every 5 skill points beyond 100

juicedsixfo
08-26-2011, 02:39 PM
Pushback was in effect as well, if a melee was able to touch you and you didn't have a massive amount of channeling you would be interrupted from pushback. To fix this I'd re-tune the channeling rate to an <80% to interrupt casting if channeling is below 100, from 100 up it lessens the chance by 2% every 5 points so if you have maxed channeling you'd only be interrupted 20% of the time

This is a big one. Back in Classic, low to mid level casters absolutely had to root/slow to get spells off in PvP. But on these last few sets of boxes, they could channel through anything.

hagard
08-26-2011, 03:24 PM
think this has all patch notes from 99-07
http://www.waringmcmarrin.com/?page_id=43

Crenshinabon
08-26-2011, 04:06 PM
think this has all patch notes from 99-07
http://www.waringmcmarrin.com/?page_id=43

Holy crap. Those patch notes gave me chills to read. Blast from the past. Notice how bad ass their patches all were? Huge fixes in like every one. I am dying a little inside waiting for this server.

raptorak
08-28-2011, 07:10 PM
p99 is totally imba in favour of casters and I can't imagine red99 will be any better. At least tz/vz made it fun to play melee - but I guess we can only wait and see.

BTW 2h is still a complete joke as is the slam for large races playing warrior or SK doing too little damage. Sometimes I think the p1999 server is only classic for the million and one hacking druids that just got banned.

Galacticus
08-28-2011, 08:10 PM
http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/santorum.jpg

Crenshinabon
08-28-2011, 08:43 PM
p99 is totally imba in favour of casters and I can't imagine red99 will be any better. At least tz/vz made it fun to play melee - but I guess we can only wait and see.

BTW 2h is still a complete joke as is the slam for large races playing warrior or SK doing too little damage. Sometimes I think the p1999 server is only classic for the million and one hacking druids that just got banned.

This is why we have to be confident that Rogean will balance classic as much as possible. Making slightly higher hit boxes is not a far stretch from classic and I think it would go a long way.

Yukahwa
08-28-2011, 08:47 PM
I agree with this. Feels like I have to stand on mobs to hit them..when they are hitting me and I'm not paying attention I will start "you are too far away to hit your target" while I am standing there taking damage. Lol way great