PDA

View Full Version : BETA idea

XiakenjaTZ
08-27-2011, 12:31 PM
I will start this off by saying that I am not even sure this needs a beta test. I would think that they can patch a few PvP resist issues and mele issues as we go. P99 code is great as we all know.

Is this possible?

Week 1: everyone starts level 1 and plays.
Week 2: toons are bumped to level 15 if not there
Week 3: toons are bumped to level 30 and appropriate "goody bag" is loaded via /claim
Week 4: toons are bumped to level 48 and appropriate "goody bag" is loaded via /claim (end game resist gear, planar items, etc...) Even the possibility of just having a GM summon the gear you think you would have at 50.

That would give time to test each level of PvP with possibly 2 weeks of testing the 48+ PvP with appropriate resist gear. We all know PvP vs badly geared people is no where similar to a geared person.

I know I don't want to grind 1-50 on a beta with these xp rates so I thought this would be a pretty good compromise if they do decide to beta test.

Xiakenja

Deattas
08-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Classic or nothing.

XiakenjaTZ
08-27-2011, 01:27 PM
You want EQ PvP, bugs, overpowered classes, broken pets, un-resistable spells and all.

I get it.

Harrison
08-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Beta for a few months.

mitic
08-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Beta for a few months.

since summer is over, beta starting at christmas, release next summer, imo.

XiakenjaTZ
08-27-2011, 02:31 PM
haha, so a year? WAYYYY too long.

We should be playing this game in a month or 2 I would think. It is basically done per the posts by Rogean.

Smedy
08-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Good idea imo, we will need some kind of testing like this prior to launch. There's no way everything will just work perfectly instantly.

Something like this would help.

Galacticus
08-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Good idea imo, we will need some kind of testing like this prior to launch. There's no way everything will just work perfectly instantly.

Something like this would help.

If were testing pvp then why even have leveling? Just per week boost everyone to the same level and keep them there for a week and test whatever you want to test then. It could even be done faster if no leveling was required.

That is to say if beta even needs to happen...

raptorak
08-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Beta at classic exp rates = no thanks.