PDA

View Full Version : Expansions discussion

Leftoverture
08-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Is Red99 set on the same course as P1999 originally was? I sincerly hope not, as I don't think most people want to play int casterfest for 1.5+ years. What do the players think of an accelerated Kunark release or even putting it out with Kunark?

juicedsixfo
08-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Is Red99 set on the same course as P1999 originally was? I sincerly hope not, as I don't think most people want to play int casterfest for 1.5+ years. What do the players think of an accelerated Kunark release or even putting it out with Kunark?

I think it would own. In my opinion, anything before Luclin is "classic."

Humerox
08-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Acceleration maybe based on population.

I think most people aren't wrapping their heads around the fact that there seems to be enough interest in this project to have a group-centric environment. If there isn't, it won't fly anyway.

The only advantage int casters really have is in solo 1v1, which is what everyone has been doing thru all the emu boxes it seems.

Besides, solo gankers are going to have anti to deal with, something that hasn't been seen since RZ.

XiakenjaTZ
08-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Personally I would not mind moving up Kunark a bit.

Extunarian
08-29-2011, 03:40 PM
The original timeline was 13 months...not 1.5 years but it does seem excessive. I'd hope they wait at least 5-6 months. Vanilla is fun.

georgie
08-29-2011, 03:42 PM
it's not WoW.. classic not vanilla, also i think it shouldn't be too long of a wait for kunark.

juicedsixfo
08-29-2011, 03:42 PM
The original timeline was 13 months...not 1.5 years but it does seem excessive. I'd hope they wait at least 5-6 months. Vanilla is fun.

Yeah, 5-6 months would be about right. As much fun as Guk/Sol B fights are, the heyday for me was Karnor's.

XiakenjaTZ
08-29-2011, 03:59 PM
9 months sounds good.

Galacticus
08-29-2011, 04:49 PM
I played from launch of everquest live until the end of planes of power. After Velious the game changed dynamically.For pvp servers it included areas that were pvp safe zones which screwed up pvp. I think that Velious is alot of people's favorite expansion. They added a cold snowy area because it complimented kunark and classic worlds lack of snowy areas and it seemed to level the playing field for melee classes with better weapons. Right now on p99 there are all kinds of weapons with velious weapons dmg/dly ratios. The devs put them in the game because they know it helps to balance the game more for melee. There were also alot of spells that made hybrids more capable in their rolls, and it defined alot of classes. At no time were classes more different then in velious.( in core dynamic roles, AAs changed minor details )

I know coding isnt near complete and its a huge project in itself to get velious up. I think there is also a lack of code for it.

But for me and a lot of people i know that was the peak of everquests time.

Knuckle
08-29-2011, 04:49 PM
they heyday for juice was kunark so we need to get kunark out sooner

juicedsixfo
08-29-2011, 05:11 PM
they heyday for juice was kunark so we need to get kunark out sooner

As opposed to your heyday being vztz 2.0/3.0?

but yes I agree

bakkily
08-29-2011, 05:14 PM
from what i heard, was going to be 5 months after the sever comes out

Rushmore
08-29-2011, 05:58 PM
Lets do velious then kunark ppppls.

Buhbuh
08-29-2011, 06:56 PM
I played from launch of everquest live until the end of planes of power. After Velious the game changed dynamically.For pvp servers it included areas that were pvp safe zones which screwed up pvp. I think that Velious is alot of people's favorite expansion. They added a cold snowy area because it complimented kunark and classic worlds lack of snowy areas and it seemed to level the playing field for melee classes with better weapons. Right now on p99 there are all kinds of weapons with velious weapons dmg/dly ratios. The devs put them in the game because they know it helps to balance the game more for melee. There were also alot of spells that made hybrids more capable in their rolls, and it defined alot of classes. At no time were classes more different then in velious.( in core dynamic roles, AAs changed minor details )

I know coding isnt near complete and its a huge project in itself to get velious up. I think there is also a lack of code for it.

But for me and a lot of people i know that was the peak of everquests time.

Y'now despite half the zones in Luclin being essentially superfluous and some of the AA's being complete horse shit, some of the raid content was intense and I had almost as much fun PvP going on in Fungus Grove as in Velks Lab. That was only because it was far enough away from a safe zone, though. The safe zones were garbage.

beentheredonethat
08-29-2011, 07:05 PM
please no Velious, starting Velious the old world became trivial. it was a fun expansion because population was large anyway, but it trivialized a whole lot.

mitic
08-29-2011, 07:14 PM
to early to say, first we need to see how many will play on the server... there is no need for kunark if there are only 100 online on prime

also, i remember rogean thinkin about classic only

Rushmore
08-29-2011, 08:14 PM
please no Velious, starting Velious the old world became trivial. it was a fun expansion because population was large anyway, but it trivialized a whole lot.

it was a joke brah

Leftoverture
08-30-2011, 07:05 PM
bump to put this before the WoW threads