PDA

View Full Version : Teams Poll

Blayze
09-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Created a post earlier about teams and had some constructive feedback. Some people wanted teams (with good reasoning) and some didnt (also some with good reasoning). Just looking to get an idea on where the numbers fall.

casdegere
09-01-2011, 04:20 PM
I played on the Factions server on Live, had SO MUCH fun with that. Organized battles and raiding parties was a hoot.

Nirgon
09-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Let's all roll iksars, dark elves and ogres.

Rainflush
09-01-2011, 06:20 PM
I'd like team PvP personally, with measures taken against opposing teams "communicating" with one another in-game. One of the problems with EQ PvP as I recall was that whenever you killed someone they would inundate you with insults and derisions for the next hour and a half. I'd rather keep RnF out of the game.

Tombom
09-01-2011, 06:45 PM
I'd like team PvP personally, with measures taken against opposing teams "communicating" with one another in-game. One of the problems with EQ PvP as I recall was that whenever you killed someone they would inundate you with insults and derisions for the next hour and a half. I'd rather keep RnF out of the game.

you will not last a day

Yukahwa
09-01-2011, 06:45 PM
The insults were the best part. Problem with teams is that ogres can only be on 1 team.

Buhbuh
09-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Pros to teams: More forgiving on new players, inherent allies, the sense of an actual "team" or community in that way.

Cons: Less targets, potential for imbalanced teams, potential for invuln PvP is much greater (unless hard coded otherwise), X-teaming will occur immediately (unless hard coded otherwise, in which case it sort of takes away from the sense of community as a whole. Not a big fan of the WoW format for R99).

I honestly would love teams if the population was able to support it. I'd probably love it either way. I understand that the same races killing each other in newbie zones makes things tougher for the new player though. That's a big one. I think the population is a stronger idea, something bigger to consider than the potential for an individual to have a hard time in the beginning stages of leveling, though.

Lasher
09-01-2011, 08:01 PM
TZ was fun but i hated teams. Even day one of tz it was more about lights vs darks, all the lights x teamed. Few guilds like Tiny terrors and Human Retribution kept tru to the idea of teams but thats about it

Quint- TZ human ench

Rushmore
09-01-2011, 08:10 PM
I would have never thought the poll would have been this close as it is

Lasher
09-01-2011, 08:23 PM
its a small sample size so far

Titanuk
09-01-2011, 09:35 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2cru235.jpg

Lasher
09-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Hey thats a ME.

Thats the TZ Battle royal or something before zeks merged. My Group won and then the group had to FFA and all 5 of them focused burned me down

Rainflush
09-01-2011, 09:51 PM
you will not last a day

I expect not. I was as scurrilous as ever back in my UO griefer days and what not though I've since come to find the constant textual defecation rather wearisome.

Titanuk
09-01-2011, 09:53 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/mm4sar.jpg

Titanuk
09-01-2011, 09:56 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2u7snyg.jpg

mimixownzall
09-01-2011, 10:09 PM

Hahahahahahahahahah WTF? That's the whole fun of it.

mimixownzall
09-01-2011, 10:11 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2cru235.jpg

Someone didn't like the DE or Halfer SoL models.

Xareth
09-01-2011, 10:14 PM
What year is that PDM ss from? Toee has to be the 2nd owner of the char at that point. And why is the Evil Team's tags in yellow? Orange right? The faggotty elves were yellow.

mimixownzall
09-01-2011, 10:18 PM
If it were coded like SZ, xteaming is non existent.

Especially if you made it where you could only make chars from one team on each account.

Also, if you log off, you can't log on to an account that has a different team as characters on the pvp server for an hour.

That would help with most of the problems.

Only problems we ran in to was a level 47 bard was purchased by some goods and was used to train fear over and over. Finally we got a newt to come kill the bard for us.