PDA

View Full Version : IP limits

Sniperfire
09-04-2011, 04:19 AM
are not classic

bakkily
09-04-2011, 04:22 AM
lol, well it happens to happen here on this emu, though could i ask you a question? ive heard, well im guessing you usally play rangers, how well do they do in pvp? thats what im tending to create when ever red99 finally decides to happen

georgie
09-04-2011, 07:26 AM
they will probably suck unless full planar-literately.

Sniperfire
09-04-2011, 07:29 AM
lol, well it happens to happen here on this emu, though could i ask you a question? ive heard, well im guessing you usally play rangers, how well do they do in pvp? thats what im tending to create when ever red99 finally decides to happen

it depends on the server and the player i like them cause they have an anser to most situations but there dps in classic is real weak you will be very gear dependent IE flux axe windstriker mistwalker = rape till then your caster bait

they do shine in grp pvp early in classic your not generally a concern so your free to pell and snare your ass off but again its a very gear dependent class

Harrison
09-04-2011, 09:27 AM
are not classic

tough shit

Boxing ruins mmos, especially those with pvp.

Smedy
09-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Let Sniperfire box if he pays 100$ a month for his dual accounts.

He fails at playing a solo ranger with windstriker (most ez mode in the game) he sure as hell can't box pvp.

PS. Boxing sucks, ruins the game, everyone runs around fully buffed, not classic.

LastBoss
09-04-2011, 09:44 AM
boxing is fun if you cant play.. so sniperfire enjoys it!

Grozz
09-04-2011, 09:46 AM
are not classic

to be nostalgic rogean will only allow 28k / 56 k modems on the server , since it was a very oldschool connection setup.

nilbog
09-04-2011, 09:50 AM
are not classic

Players owning 2 PCs, with 2 internet connections (or a router and magical cable modem) prior to Luclin comprised maybe.. 1% of the eq population? < 1%?

We are statistically recreating classic.

Scribbles
09-04-2011, 10:11 AM
ive heard, well im guessing you usally play rangers, how well do they do in pvp?

its a rough life as a ranger if ur name is sniperfire

Scribbles
09-04-2011, 10:12 AM
aka he is v bad

Aenor
09-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Players owning 2 PCs, with 2 internet connections (or a router and magical cable modem) prior to Luclin comprised maybe.. 1% of the eq population? < 1%?

We are statistically recreating classic.

I two boxed pre luclin. There was no IP restriction so I didn't need any magical cable modem, just a standard router. Was using them side by side at the time... hadn't discovered the KVM switch and EQ Windows hadn't been written. I wasn't rich enough to have a "Hydra" like Scott Adams or to 6 box farm the fungi like Brock Pierce.

nilbog
09-04-2011, 10:56 AM
I two boxed pre luclin. There was no IP restriction so I didn't need any magical cable modem, just a standard router. Was using them side by side at the time... hadn't discovered the KVM switch and EQ Windows hadn't been written. I wasn't rich enough to have a "Hydra" like Scott Adams or to 6 box farm the fungi like Brock Pierce.

Yep, I'm saying you're a statistical anomaly when compared to the total amount of live eq players from 1999-2001. I boxed too, in velious, but never with an additional account I paid a monthly subscription for. It would be from a spare lan setup pc and a RL friend's account. What we have here is a collection of players comprising that 1% which would seek out and play a 12 year old emulated game. These people do not need to own 2+ pcs, the client allows for windowing, and no one pays a subscription fee.

My biggest problem with boxing, especially in pvp, is that boxing is not so much an option as a necessity. If someone can box, they *should* box, or be a great detriment to themselves.

To recreate a classic experience, the average player you encounter should be an individual, not a player with a robot in tow.

Aenor
09-04-2011, 10:59 AM
It seems to have done wonders for the population of P99 so I'm all for it. More interested in a target rich environment than two boxing.

Envious
09-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Fungi could be 2 man'd during Velious.

Just saying

Vile
09-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Make sure you block IP ranges from various free VPNs ;)

Aenor
09-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Fungi could be 2 man'd during Velious.

Just saying

Yeah but Brock Pierce did it during Kunark era. That's how he formed IGN and made millions. Defiant was formed to get 12P out of Seb.

Sniperfire
09-04-2011, 12:09 PM
just pointing out your selective note of what is and what is not classic

as for the haters i have screen shots of killin all of you fags hate more

also i cant 2 box in pvp to save my life....i camp my box for pvp as do most with noteworthy exceptions boom etc....
and the best part is you cant stop it so really what your doing is making the majority go without while the select few who know how to get around it will box

Sniperfire
09-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Yep, I'm saying you're a statistical anomaly when compared to the total amount of live eq players from 1999-2001. I boxed too, in velious, but never with an additional account I paid a monthly subscription for. It would be from a spare lan setup pc and a RL friend's account. What we have here is a collection of players comprising that 1% which would seek out and play a 12 year old emulated game. These people do not need to own 2+ pcs, the client allows for windowing, and no one pays a subscription fee.

My biggest problem with boxing, especially in pvp, is that boxing is not so much an option as a necessity. If someone can box, they *should* box, or be a great detriment to themselves.

To recreate a classic experience, the average player you encounter should be an individual, not a player with a robot in tow.

im not being a dick but have you ever pvped? like ever

nilbog
09-04-2011, 01:27 PM

Classically in EQ, I played on Erollisi Marr, which was PVE. I had a character on RZ which I would play when emarr was down, or when I needed to pvp. The short time I played Shadowbane, I pvped. In 2004 when eq started really sucking, I started wow beta. Played pvp wow from 2005-2006 as a pvp guild leader on Burning Legion. Played Vanguard after that, till late 2007 or 2008(?), when I came to eqemu. First server I played here was VZTZ, item loot era. Got to 50, killed people, and realized to continue I would need to be boxing (to have my own healer as well as being a requirement of joining Heresy, iirc). Shortly after that, I tried a couple of the classic servers available here, then made my own. I am one of the only p99 developers that cares about pvp whatsoever, btw.

Screenshot of this era. No idea what vztz box # it was.

http://i55.tinypic.com/euoxzd.jpg

Aenor
09-04-2011, 01:32 PM
What server in Vanguard?

Smedy
09-04-2011, 01:32 PM
oh shiii big nilbog totally red brews, red99 coming

Now confirmed by nilbog to the community.

Crenshinabon
09-04-2011, 01:35 PM
WTF Nillbog, punch for 338? lol . . . .

Aenor
09-04-2011, 01:37 PM
...you cant stop it so really what your doing is making the majority go without while the select few who know how to get around it will box

I've learned to stop underestimating what the P99 devs can and cannot do.

Aenor
09-04-2011, 01:38 PM

LOL what third party program is HE running?

nilbog
09-04-2011, 01:39 PM
What server in Vanguard?

Florendyl/Telon.

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/characters.vm?characterId=51539726404

nilbog
09-04-2011, 01:39 PM

Vztz code at the time I guess. That's a nuke.

Aenor
09-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Florendyl/Telon.

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/characters.vm?characterId=51539726404

Ah brew you missed out not playing on Tharridon... it was a blast, especially after SOE banned Ebonlore. Here was my box combo:

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/characters.vm?characterId=81604508742

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/characters.vm?characterId=81604440135

Was the third best geared tank in Xanit K'ven when the raid zone opened but I got a second job and dropped out before I could do big things. Warriors got fucked royally by Sigil.

Foxx
09-04-2011, 01:54 PM
cool story bro

now back to the point. ip limit is not classic, immersion going to be ruined

nilbog
09-04-2011, 02:05 PM
cool story bro

Glad to be of service. If you have intentions of making your own pvp server, send us a link to your forums. I have input.

Amuk
09-04-2011, 02:10 PM
After reading Uthgaard/Nilbog convo, and Nilbogs forums posts I'm on team Nilbog.

Aenor
09-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Smedy we need a nickname for Nilbog now that he is confirmed Red.

I suggest "Czar Nillbog, Sovereign of all PvP and Provider of Input."

Foxx
09-04-2011, 02:16 PM

no

p.s stop swinging

Harrison
09-04-2011, 04:05 PM

You are a retarded nobody.

"lol boxing is classic derp"

Bardalicious
09-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Glad to be of service. If you have intentions of making your own pvp server, send us a link to your forums. I have input.

Stop tailoring the server to the vocal VZTZ crybabies and release Beta with item loot damn you. RZ hooaahh!

Sniperfire
09-04-2011, 09:22 PM
cool story bro

i dont think pvp is about immersion but thats just my opinion

Crenshinabon
09-05-2011, 12:33 AM
i dont think pvp is about immersion but thats just my opinion

Think thats why you are the minority here. Everquest IS immersion.
Or well, it is supposed to be, which none of the accelerated boxes never really had.

Mrcurtloco
09-05-2011, 04:51 AM

How about "Nillbog Investigator for the Greater Good of Executing Red99"

Just dont make that an acronym ;)

dusk883
09-05-2011, 02:44 PM
tough shit

Boxing ruins mmos, especially those with pvp.

Anyone remember Sam Deathwalker's 6 boxing? THAT was a show... and while he could smoke 24 people in a zone within minutes, a duo could also take him out. Sam Deathwalker was a fun multiboxing presence and didn't "ruin" anything while he was terrorizing neighborhoods.

Not that I'm for boxing... haha

IP limits weren't classic because people were paying money.

Where is SAM DEATHWALKER anyway? I never laughed so hard reading that forum whore's posts in my life

Doors
09-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Because boxing on a red box is almost fun.

Scribbles
09-06-2011, 12:08 AM
You are a retarded nobody.

"lol boxing is classic derp"

lolo 1st harrison post that i have ever agreed with

Sniperfire
09-06-2011, 04:19 PM
i didnt say boxing is classic i simply said ip limits arent there is so much stressed on no yt cause it inst classic etc seems like a dbl standard

point being some small things we accept either cause it balances something out or from popular demand......you 1999 guys are such cry babys