PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes, Saturday, September 10th, 2011

Rogean
09-10-2011, 03:16 PM
EQEmu Launcher
In addition to manually patching files, we now officially support the use of the EQEmu Launcher (http://www.moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip). This is not a requirement, however it may be easier for some people than downloading the patched files and extracting manually.

This patch contains new files. Please obtain the latest EQChanges V14 (http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv14.zip) from the setup guide, or obtain the latest files via the EQEmu Launcher (http://www.moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip).

The Hole and Veeshan's Peak
Originally we were hoping to get an event out for the opening of these zones, unfortunately we haven't had the time to work on one in addition to everything else that needs to be done.
- The Hole is now open.
- Veeshan's Peak will remain closed. We do not feel the behavior of the top raiding guilds over the last several months merits new content for them.

Ivandyr's Hoop
This item has caused an inbalance in the raid game, and as such we have made some changes. In addition to a global resist increase to all lifetap spells, Ivandyr's Hoop has had it's rarity slightly increased, it has had it's merchant value removed (it can not be sold or recharged to merchants), and it will be disabled in Veeshan's Peak. We will evaluate if further changes need to be made.

Secrets of Faydwer
Secrets of Faydwer support will be removed within a month. Please see this post (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47664) for details.

Code

Rogean: Map has been disabled in all zones.
Rogean: Target ring has been disabled.
Rogean: Spell Sets have been disabled.
Kanras: Food/Drink duration now varies per item.
Kanras: Lifetaps cannot land for partial damage.
Kanras: More precise discipline durations.

Content

Nilbog: Mistmoore gypsies use the correct models.
Nilbog: North Ro guards assist versus all dune tarantulas.
Nilbog: Charlotte Diggs sells small sleeves sectional mold.
Nilbog: McNeal Jocub's quest triggers will be more appropriate.
Nilbog: Fixed a variety of faces.
Nilbog: Corrected Tenralus Brackmar's merchant items.
Nilbog: Added missing text from Paineel 'Avatar' quests.
Nilbog: East Karana guards assist versus gorge hounds.
Nilbog: Corrected text for dwarven axe quest.
Nilbog: East Commons guards will attack lions
Nilbog: Merchants no longer sell Component Mortar.
Nilbog: 'Magic Elixir for Warriors' quest now yields more varied rewards.
Nilbog: Gypsy textures should now display properly.
Nilbog: Felhammer drop added in Sebilis.
Nilbog: Rizyra F`Lok will sell Spell: Word of Spirit.
Nilbog: Ollysa Bladefinder now sells more items.
Nilbog: Guard Valon's quests now reward proper factions.
Nilbog: Cutthroat Rings' and 'Reserve Militia' quests now require amiable faction.
Kanras: Lifetap spells have been changed from unresistable within level range to -200 resist mod.
Kanras: Siphon set to -200 resist mod (was 0).
Kanras: 'Fungal Regrowth' is now a self-only spell.
Kanras: Rogue Safe Fall cap reduced to 94.
Uthgaard: Removed class check when asking for the Material Pack from Maesyn Trueshot
Uthgaard: Added coin loot to kunark rhinos
Uthgaard: Naygog Mitope placed on DarkReflection primary faction
Uthgaard: Fixed failed crypt raider faction, loot, and spawngroups
Uthgaard: Corrected faction name: CoalitionofTradefolkIll, not CoalitionofTradefolkIII
Uthgaard: Overwrite protection from lower rank See Invis spells for Acumen and Plainsight. Acumen and Plainsight should continue to overwrite each other
Uthgaard: Removed all references to the duplicate CoalitionofTradeFolkIll and merged faction standings from the two in the db

Mardur
09-10-2011, 03:18 PM
inb4 hoop nerf not classic

Haul
09-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Why can Ivandyrs hoop not be recharged, thats gonna piss people off for red99 lolol.

Roanoke
So Necro's are going to suffer thanks to guilds exploiting Ivandyr's Hoop?

/sadpanda :(

edit: Appreciate everything the Devs are doing though, thanks guys!

Apex
Love the patch even more of a classic feel!

bluejam
Opening up VP may have solved some of the problems. ;)

Bubbles
09-10-2011, 03:23 PM
EQEmu Launcher
- Veeshan's Peak will remain closed. We do not feel the behavior of the top raiding guilds over the last several months merits new content for them.

/salute and /amen.

EQEmu Launcher
Ivandyr's Hoop
This item has caused an inbalance in the raid game, and as such we have made some changes. In addition to a global resist increase to all lifetap spells, Ivandyr's Hoop has had it's rarity slightly increased, it has had it's merchant value removed (it can not be sold or recharged to merchants), and it will be disabled in Veeshan's Peak. We will evaluate if further changes need to be made.

Global resist rate bump is gonna suck. But i'm still in a good mood. ;)

Webwolf
09-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Just name the server "Custom 1999" already lol

Seaweedpimp
09-10-2011, 03:27 PM
woot

maultar
09-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Whe will cultural armor crafting be added? Just add elf blood to the bandits and all elf NPC's please :)

achtung
09-10-2011, 03:30 PM
haha end of target ring should make life as an ENC much more entertaining

Haul
Is anyone else getting "Please delete wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll from your Everquest Titanium Directory" When you click eq button on desktop. I coulda swore I already deleted wsock32.dll and I don't even see file for eqgame.dll. When I try to delete wsock32.dll it says I require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this file. God I hate computers. Paying 1k in game for explanation/help.

fuark
Anyone know if Pyzjin happened to get fixed?

Rogean
09-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Is anyone else getting "Please delete wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll from your Everquest Titanium Directory" When you click eq button on desktop. I coulda swore I already deleted wsock32.dll and I don't even see file for eqgame.dll. When I try to delete wsock32.dll it says I require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this file. God I hate computers. Paying 1k in game for explanation/help.

Just run the EQEmu Launcher

Haul
09-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Alright thanks Rogean I'll give it a try. Is it safe for me to leave the wsock32.dll on my computer as well?

maximum
09-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Going to add more maps soon, because the NERF

www.steveprutz.com/eq/ (http://www.steveprutz.com/eq/)

:)

slapen
09-10-2011, 03:38 PM
I know how to fix the server. Make necros USELESS, that will show them. Sounds like alot of fun to take turns igniting raid mobs with 10 necros so i can take a break from twitching every 30 min to pyro a mob woot!

Wanderfar
09-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Sept 10th Patch problem.

What folder do I extract either the emulator or the PPU files to?!? When I log in my characters are gone and a message, please see this site and update spells. Guess I can't figure how to work the emulator launcher. Can anyone help?

Lanuven
09-10-2011, 03:39 PM

Same problem, wsock32.dll and eqmain.dll are not in my project99 files. only wsock32.dll file is in my windows system files and i cant delete that even with administrator rights.

Vsynk
09-10-2011, 03:40 PM
I am unable to run P99 through the EQ Emu launcher, when I do it states it has to update files, then as soon as it finishes it stops working and has to start over.

Haul
09-10-2011, 03:41 PM
EQEmuLauncher has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Dang keeps happening when I'm patching. FML.

Glitch
09-10-2011, 03:42 PM
http://zam.zamimg.com/images/f/5/f569d8737a32be38a18a7e5e69782067.png

HOOP, there it is!
HOOP, there it is!

matrixman2005
09-10-2011, 03:44 PM
The short cut opening to everquest keeps telling me to delete wsock? I DID!! Still says it!

Thulack
09-10-2011, 03:45 PM

http://www.eqmacwiki.com/eqatlas/atlas.html

Lazortag
09-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Disabled maps/targeting rings? Sweet. Next disable the song window!

Haul
09-10-2011, 03:48 PM
It keeps creating a File folder on desktop and patching 35 files into it then crashes. I moved the file folder into my EQ folder then it just restarts over patches them to desktop and crashes. WTB help I'm not emo but im strongly considering hurting myself irl.

Vsynk
09-10-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm having the exact same issue that Haul is.

Haul
09-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Can people who got fixes for this post seriously I'll give you 1k in game, Lord have mercy.

Pyrocat
Sept 10th Patch problem.

What folder do I extract either the emulator or the PPU files to?!? When I log in my characters are gone and a message, please see this site and update spells. Guess I can't figure how to work the emulator launcher. Can anyone help?

Grab the zip. Everything on the root level of the zip, but in your /sony/everquest folder. Everything in the /resources folder in the zip, put in /sony/everquest/resources. Then delete eqgame.dll and wsock32.dll from /sony/everquest.

hdawg06
weird time of day to bring the servers down for a patch.

Wanderfar
09-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Since there is no "patcher" like on Live EQ some instructions would be helpful Admins. I understand the EMulauncher probably does this but some instructions on how to get that working would also be nice :)

odizzido
09-10-2011, 03:53 PM
I don't care much that necros got nerfed despite my main being a necro since I almost never play anymore, but it seems silly to not just keep lifetaps the same and take away the charges on the hoop.

and lazortag I think we should just go all the way and play in a 240X180 window with a single unfilterable text window. Then we can bring back the drowning from beta.

Haul
09-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Grab the zip. Everything on the root level of the zip, but in your /sony/everquest folder. Everything in the /resources folder in the zip, put in /sony/everquest/resources. Then delete eqgame.dll and wsock32.dll from /sony/everquest.

that makes absolutely zero sense to me bro

Swindle
09-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Yes, something step by step to resolve this issue. Some of us aren't that PC savvy.

Vsynk
09-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Could really go for some help to get My Emulator working again, I can't start up the game at all or run the launcher. When I try and run the Executable for just EQemu I get the wsock32.dll & eqgame.dll. Then when I try and use the EQ EMUlauncher, I get a message it has stopped working and must be closed by windows.

RahlaeRuffian
I don't really like target rings being disabled, but I like most of the other stuff with this patch. The Hole especially.

Lazortag
I don't care much that necros got nerfed despite my main being a necro since I almost never play anymore, but it seems silly to not just keep lifetaps the same and take away the charges on the hoop.

and lazortag I think we should just go all the way and play in a 240X180 window with a single unfilterable text window. Then we can bring back the drowning from beta.

The song window brings functional changes in the gameplay; the dumb UI doesn't.

Resil
09-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Hi, how i can configurate the EQ EMU Patcher first time? im a little afraid for dont broken the folders or doing something wrong :S ...

I can get the .exe of patcher in another folder or in the Desktop? or i need download the files of the patcher exactly in the same EQ Folder?

Folder path is exactly where i have the EQ archive exactly right?.
And the Exe Path? ... is the exe have on Desktop? or in the EQ Folder??

For what is the option of Use one CPU? (i supose is for fix the problem of Dual Cores or Quad Core right?)

I hope the answers eagerly :)

Haul
09-10-2011, 04:00 PM
How the hell are there 500+ logged in what did ya'll do for easy fix. WTB help for god sake. This is the worst saturday freaking ever.

Wanderfar
09-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Thx Pyrocat for taking the time to answer. The EQ CHnages14 only contains one zip file. So don't understand about the putting resources since I don't see them. When I delete the eqgame.dll and the wsock32 the game won't load at all but crashes trying to get started. I'm decently computer literate and if we can find a work around I will post notes.

Thulack
09-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Step 1. Click link to the patch
Step 2. Hit open on the popup that comes up asking to download the link
Step 3. Once winzip open hit the extract to button.
Step 4. Highlight whatever folder is your EQ folder and hit ok
Step 5. Hit yes to all when it asks you if you want to replace files.
Step 6. Goto your EQ folder and delete the wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll files
Step 7. Log in.

Haul
09-10-2011, 04:03 PM
dude we freaking did all that are you trolling or something?

Lavahorn
09-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Spell Sets disabled? Lets make us look at our spellbook to med while we are at it.

Maxpower
09-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Ive installed and ran eqemu launcher it updated everything but i get the same error as when i manually replaced new files.. The exact msg im getting when it tries to launch is this: Eqgame.exe - Application Error X the application failed to initialize properly (0x000001d). Click on OK to terminate the application. Please toss me a bone if anyone has any idea where im going wrong thanks!

achtung
09-10-2011, 04:07 PM
My windows PC patched fine but the wife's linux box is getting a "your spells file is out of date" naked human message at character select. I know you guys don't directly support linux and I"ll have to wait for some guru in the linux thread to figure it out, but if anyone knows, please let me know. Doesn't seem to be an issue with eqgame.dll or wsock32.dll,. as I deleted both (and removed the wine override for native use of wsock32.11).

RahlaeRuffian
09-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Step 7. Log in.

Deleting those two files did the trick for me.

Mardur
09-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Spell Sets disabled? Lets make us look at our spellbook to med while we are at it.

They would if they could! Maybe next patch.

snorri
09-10-2011, 04:08 PM
When I try to delete wsock32.dll it says I require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this file.

I stole this from a google result for "permission from TrustedInstaller":

1. Please navigate to the target file/folder.
2. Right-click on the file/folder and choose Properties.
3. Click the "Security" tab and see if your current user is listed in the "Group or user names" list. If not, please click Edit-> Add button, type the name of your current user in the "Enter the object names to select " box, then click "OK" to add this group.
4. Select the user from the list and then check the "Allow" checkbox next to "Full Control".
5. Click the Advanced button and click the "Owner" tab. Then, press "Edit" button.
6. Select current user from the list and check the "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" checkbox.
7. Click "OK" to save changes and wait for Windows 7 to transfer the ownership of all the objects on the partition.
8. Click OK again to save changes and exit the Properties window.

and 9. Be sure to turn off the "Read Only" attribute, if checked.

wert6
09-10-2011, 04:10 PM
I have the same problem as maxpower

inyane
09-10-2011, 04:13 PM
i really don't see the point in taking away things that have been around since the server started at this stage of the game.

target rings? spell sets? really?
i know they aren't classic...but really?

as we can see from the necro nerf, the claims of "but its classic"
doesn't really hold water here anymore

so, a few nerfs, the hole opens, and welcome back cheaters! its a great day
on p99

oh, and really, you are just punishing everyone else by not opening VP.
think everyone is more than ready to have the uber guilds in there.
if you wanted to punish them, you should have doubled the hps and damage
on all the dragons in there

vitalious
09-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Ok, ill take the time to help people the best i can. Im a little knowledgeable when it comes to computers so i should be able to dumb it down. I had the issue, found the files and just deleted them.

Extract the zip file(changes14) to your sony->EQ file.
When it asks to replace other files, say yes.
Now finding wsock and eqgame.dll. Generally they are a couple of the last files in that folder, but if they arent. click on one of the icons and hit the "w" key over and over. Your selection will change from file to file that starts with a "w". Go slowly until you find Wsock.dll and delete it. The same goes for eqgame.dll, except hit the "e" key. If you cant find these files, make sure you didnt place them somewhere else. Go back to your basic "sony" file directory, which means the main folder by hitting the up arrow on a folder icon at the top of your window. Then hit control+F on your keyboard. Type in the file name, select search all files and folders and hit search. When it comes up, write down the location and then go to that file location.

Mobb
09-10-2011, 04:14 PM
I got the please delete wsock and eqgame.dll also... Since I deletes the wsock file before hand, deleteing the eqgame.dll will remove the message. I think even if u dont have wsock and just have the eqgame.dll it will trigger the message for both them.

Maxpower
09-10-2011, 04:15 PM
still saying application failed to initialize properly (0x000001d) something to do with eqgame.exe little help plz when anyone can

kirkrunner
09-10-2011, 04:15 PM
same problem as maxpower

Resil
09-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Ok its done :3 ... and playing
(the patcher delete the 2 archives?)

Haul
09-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Ok, ill take the time to help people the best i can. Im a little knowledgeable when it comes to computers so i should be able to dumb it down. I had the issue, found the files and just deleted them.

Extract the zip file(changes14) to your sony->EQ file.
When it asks to replace other files, say yes.
Now finding wsock and eqgame.dll. Generally they are a couple of the last files in that folder, but if they arent. click on one of the icons and hit the "w" key over and over. Your selection will change from file to file that starts with a "w". Go slowly until you find Wsock.dll and delete it. The same goes for eqgame.dll, except hit the "e" key. If you cant find these files, make sure you didnt place them somewhere else. Go back to your basic "sony" file directory, which means the main folder by hitting the up arrow on a folder icon at the top of your window. Then hit control+F on your keyboard. Type in the file name, select search all files and folders and hit search. When it comes up, write down the location and then go to that file location.

Dude we already know how to do that stuff, the wsock32.dll will not delete because of trustedinstaller shit blocking, and as for EQemulatorlauncher its even worse. It patches shit to desktop then just crashes.

Wanderfar
09-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Alas, I have tried all these fixes. Stuck on application failed to initialize after all. Gonna check out some other servers until this gets sorted out.

Tarathiel
09-10-2011, 04:22 PM
eqemu keeps having errors for me too, this is why i prefer duxa's launcher =P

Uaellaen
09-10-2011, 04:27 PM
still saying application failed to initialize properly (0x000001d) something to do with eqgame.exe little help plz when anyone can

that is because your screen resolution is not set / invalid ... either go into the options of your EQ install (there is a shortcut in start => programs) or change the eqclient.ini

this is the section you are looking for, it might look similar ..
[VideoMode]
WindowedWidth=1280
WindowedHeight=960

just change it to your resolution (this one is 1280x960 ;))

and here is a youtube video on how to install the eqemulauncher step by step ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOxyLIKI4N4

just ignore the second part wich is akkas funhouse specific

Overweight
09-10-2011, 04:28 PM
I know they arent classic, but I sure am going to miss spell sets and target rings :( RIP little buddies.

snorri
09-10-2011, 04:31 PM
the wsock32.dll will not delete because of trustedinstaller shit blocking

Can you still not delete the file after making yourself the owner and clearing read only attribute? Does it say anything differently? Do you have administrator access to the computer?

Haul
09-10-2011, 04:33 PM
I did these steps on http://bucarotechelp.com/computers/wintips/92082801.asp then restarted comp, was able to delete wsock32.dll finally, but shit is still screwed up. Can't load game still.

Uaellaen
09-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Dude we already know how to do that stuff, the wsock32.dll will not delete because of trustedinstaller shit blocking, and as for EQemulatorlauncher its even worse. It patches shit to desktop then just crashes.

because you did not set your everquest directory as patch directory ... watch the youtube video and it will all make sense ...

Haul
09-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Can i get a link to youtube video or steps to fix it Uaellaen?

Haul
09-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Fairly sure I set the patch path in directory on EQemulatorLauncer but it just patches it to desktop.

Uaellaen
09-10-2011, 04:41 PM
i just posted the video like 5 posts above you ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOxyLIKI4N4

here it is again

Haul
09-10-2011, 04:42 PM
I already found it on youtube like 2mins ago but thx, watching it hope all works.

Yukahwa
09-10-2011, 04:44 PM
I love removing minor UI differences between classic and EMU and then throwing in non classic item nerfs that actually change the game. Good stuff. Spellsets / mourn

Haul
09-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Ya so I freakin followed the youtube video did everything correctly and its still patching to my freaking desktop and im getting EQEmuLauncher has stopped working shit STILL. For god sake someone help more plz.

Haul
09-10-2011, 04:52 PM
If my stuff is patching to desktop, where do I need to move the files to?

Uaellaen
09-10-2011, 04:55 PM
it should not patch to desktop, extract the launcher to C directly ... like c:\launcher\ or whatever ... i think your launcher configfile (the xml) is not saved because it does not have acces to your desktop

Maxpower
09-10-2011, 04:58 PM
thx uaellaen that corrected that error but now im getting this similar one lol its (0xc000001d) hate to bug ya again but really appreciate the help gotta have my fix ;p

kirkrunner
09-10-2011, 05:02 PM
i keep geting the application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000001d , after the patch

Uaellaen
09-10-2011, 05:04 PM
WTF is anyone even READING what im posting lol ... i posted the solution for that error also ... http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=396095&postcount=59

wert6
09-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Same problem

Uaellaen
09-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Same problem

read the post above yours, click the link and read that post (wich actually links to like 20 posts above you where i already posted the solution for the error)

Phallax
09-10-2011, 05:13 PM
This seemed to have broken some custom UIs like vert

Haul
09-10-2011, 05:15 PM
I can't stop getting the EQEMULauncher to patching to my desktop. Uaellaen where should i move the files folder it patches to my desktop to. I honestly have done all youtube video steps all that shit everythings correct. Any clue where I should move it to?

Uaellaen
09-10-2011, 05:15 PM
the eqemulauncher also patches your default UI to a default P99 classic UI

wert6
09-10-2011, 05:21 PM
i cant even launch eqem says im missing .net framework what ever that is

Uaellaen
09-10-2011, 05:21 PM
I can't stop getting the EQEMULauncher to patching to my desktop. Uaellaen where should i move the files folder it patches to my desktop to. I honestly have done all youtube video steps all that shit everythings correct. Any clue where I should move it to?

okay, do this step by step .... download the launcher zip file, extract it to C: ... so you end up with a folder like "C:\EQEmulauncher" wich has the files "EQEmulauncher.exe" and "Interop.SpeechLib.dll" in it ... do NOT put it in C:\Program Files, do NOT have the exe on your desktop ...

once you did that, follow the steps in the video, the launcher will then create a "eqemulauncher.xml" file after you started it, and after you selected the server and clicked play it will also create another folder called "files" in there ... if you set the path to your everquest folder in the options like shown in the video, it will then copy the new files to your everquest directory, delete the necessary files like nektullos.eqg and start your EQ client ...

Maxpower
09-10-2011, 05:22 PM
they were 2 seperate errors cause the resolution change in client corrected first error i posted about

Haul
09-10-2011, 05:22 PM

Trying your next posted steps, will let you know how it goes. Appreciate help.

Uaellaen
09-10-2011, 05:24 PM
i cant even launch eqem says im missing .net framework what ever that is

.net framework is a windows library, if you do not have windows 7 or higher you will need to go to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263 and install / update your .net framework to version 3.5 or higher (4 is the current one and is downwards compatible) ...

Phallax

thx, just re installed vert and worked fine

kirkrunner
the application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000001d changed my video mode in eqclient still same problem , i tryed everything posted, just gonna wait till someone with same problem fixes it

Treats
09-10-2011, 05:25 PM
i keep geting the application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000001d , after the patch

This is a different problem Uaellean, it doesn't have anything to do with screen resolution.

Default Dsetup.dll = load to char select

Patched Dsetup.dll = application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000001d

Tewaz
09-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Hey Haul, if you don't make it back, can I have your stuff?

Uaellaen
09-10-2011, 05:26 PM
they were 2 seperate errors cause the resolution change in client corrected first error i posted about

try changing "WindowedMode=false" to "WindowedMode=TRUE" in your eqclient.ini for now and see if you get into the game, you can adjust the options inside the game and see if you can switch to fullscreen again ...

Prahadigm24
09-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Rogean: Map has been disabled in all zones.

I love it! This should have been in from the start, but better now than never.

Thanks devs, another great patch!! You're doing an amazing job.

h0tr0d (shaere)
09-10-2011, 05:30 PM

Not sure what to say or rather it might be correct not sure how to feel. What's the key count?

Senamar
09-10-2011, 05:30 PM
I am getting sick of this "its not classic" shit that keeps happening here. You guys keep picking out one or two things that are "not classic" while ignoring the fact that you keep changing what was classic. WTF taking out spell sets, give me a break this is just stupid. Maps omg again FREAKING STUPID there is already only maps in starter zones but removing them ....... Hit yourself please.

If you really want classic pull out the stupid changes to warriors, monk, mages and every single caster that has to wait a sec to cast a spell after they just cast one. No you idiots cool down between casting is not "classic".

If your going to make stupid changes just come out and say this is how I want the server. I am going to warn if you keep up the stupid changes this server is going to die because I am not the only one getting extremely sick of the stupid crap you keep doing in the name of "classic"

Old saying "if it aint broke don't fix it"

Maxpower
09-10-2011, 05:33 PM
was already set to TRUE but i tried putting to false to see if that made a diff, still getting that same error either way

Haul
09-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Uaellaen I followed the new steps and still getting EQEmuLauncher has stopped working :l FML any other ideas. It's extracting the files into the new folder in C: that i made, not in program files but C. Then its crashing EQEmulauncher after downloading the patch files.

Autotune
09-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Not sure what to say.

i'm kinda glad and i'm in TMO. I'm just not ready to fool with VP crap.

Uaellaen
09-10-2011, 05:35 PM
what OS are you using, you probably also lack the .net framework 3.5 or higher haul ...

Haul
09-10-2011, 05:37 PM
what is an OS, im using a brand new computer not sure what .net framework 3.5 or higher is :(

Haul
09-10-2011, 05:38 PM
the problem has to be that its extracting the patch files into the same file as the eqemulauncher and not into the eq directory.

Kevlar
09-10-2011, 05:38 PM
i don't get the disabling maps. Is it really more "classic" to have to alt-tab out to eq atlas? I mean yeah, I know it is, but its still stupid.

Haul
09-10-2011, 05:39 PM
.net framework is a windows library, if you do not have windows 7 or higher you will need to go to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263 and install / update your .net framework to version 3.5 or higher (4 is the current one and is downwards compatible) ...

gonna try that

achtung
09-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Linux fix is in the post below, hooray!

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=396161&postcount=4

Treats
09-10-2011, 05:42 PM
I am getting sick of this "its not classic" shit that keeps happening here. You guys keep picking out one or two things that are "not classic" while ignoring the fact that you keep changing what was classic. WTF taking out spell sets, give me a break this is just stupid. Maps omg again FREAKING STUPID there is already only maps in starter zones but removing them ....... Hit yourself please.

If you really want classic pull out the stupid changes to warriors, monk, mages and every single caster that has to wait a sec to cast a spell after they just cast one. No you idiots cool down between casting is not "classic".

If your going to make stupid changes just come out and say this is how I want the server. I am going to warn if you keep up the stupid changes this server is going to die because I am not the only one getting extremely sick of the stupid crap you keep doing in the name of "classic"

Old saying "if it aint broke don't fix it"

You aren't the first and definitely not the last to say the server is going to die because of xxxxxxxxxx. If you don't like the changes don't play here. It's pretty simple.

Haul
09-10-2011, 05:43 PM
I have 3 dsetup.dll files, 2 are caps locked DSETUP.dll 1 is lowercase, should i delete the 2 caps locked ones?

h0tr0d (shaere)
09-10-2011, 05:45 PM
i'm kinda glad and i'm in TMO. I'm just not ready to fool with VP crap.

NT

h0tr0d (shaere)
09-10-2011, 05:47 PM
I have 3 dsetup.dll files, 2 are caps locked DSETUP.dll 1 is lowercase, should i delete the 2 caps locked ones?

Did you never overwrite any of the previous ones?

Also is there a chance to get README files included with these?

Haul
09-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Ya i havn't done any of that and don't know how, would that possibly fix the situation and make EQEmuLauncher stop crashing? I still think it has something to do as well with the files patching into same location as EQEmuLauncher even after I followed the youtube video and have correct directory information setup. Shouldn't they be patching into eq directory?? Any ideas anyone I'm hella stressed out and need more help. <3

Unbreakable
09-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Haul if it makes you feel any better I can't get on either and this seems to happen to me after every patch now

h0tr0d (shaere)
09-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Just delete all the dsetup.dll files you have in your EQ directory and put the new one in. You can't copy but keep the originals when you're 'patching'.

Uaellaen
09-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Haul if it makes you feel any better I can't get on either and this seems to happen to me after every patch now

thats why you should try to have a working installation of eqemulauncher, it will autopatch and keep everything updated without you even noticing (appart from the download bar) ...

Haul
09-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Are the majority of folks using old login way or new EQEmuLauncher, because I deleted both wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll and original way says I still have em on computer. Then the EQEmuLauncher sucks even more dick and I've done all the fixes, watched the youtube videos and its still f-ed. Like seriously Rogean or someone any clue? Should I complete uninstall and reinstall, delete the 2 files again and it'll work? Or what Im grasping at thin air been working at this for seriously over 3 hours, hella stressed I freaking hate computers someone who is intelligent please help me here, Lord have mercy. Seriously classic case of fix something that wasn't broken.

Uaellaen
09-10-2011, 05:58 PM
haul what operating system are you using .. windows? linux? macos?

Haul
09-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Just delete all the dsetup.dll files you have in your EQ directory and put the new one in. You can't copy but keep the originals when you're 'patching'.

trying this. I use windows. did that 4.0 install thing you posted too.

Uaellaen
09-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Are the majority of folks using old login way or new EQEmuLauncher, because I deleted both wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll and original way says I still have em on computer. Then the EQEmuLauncher sucks even more dick and I've done all the fixes, watched the youtube videos and its still f-ed. Like seriously Rogean or someone any clue? Should I complete uninstall and reinstall, delete the 2 files again and it'll work? Or what Im grasping at thin air been working at this for seriously over 3 hours, hella stressed I freaking hate computers someone who is intelligent please help me here, Lord have mercy. Seriously classic case of fix something that wasn't broken.

sorry, its a classic case of something messed up on your end and no knowledge what your actualy doing ...

Piance
09-10-2011, 06:00 PM
give TR their own server and get it done with, so the rest of the server can actually do raids and actually get loot. atleast open vp so they can spend all their time there.

I am sorry if this was already mentioned. I have a feeling it was.

h0tr0d (shaere)
09-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Did you delete the wsock and eqgame.dlls in your eq directory? Do you have more then one dir? I simply deleted them and poof. Sort files or view files by type in the folder. Empty recycle bin. And get rid of the duplicates ffs.

Haul
sorry, its a classic case of something messed up on your end and no knowledge what your actualy doing ...

not gonna disagree dude, and yes shaere ofcourse all the files are deleted hehe, thats the very first thing i did 3 hours ago

h0tr0d (shaere)
give TR their own server and get it done with, so the rest of the server can actually do raids and actually get loot. atleast open vp so they can spend all their time there.

I would say so we can enjoy the game not so we can get loot but it amounts to the same for most.

JDFriend99
09-10-2011, 06:03 PM

I was told once (when i asked why i have to play a nerfed necro for over 3 months when live only did it for 2 weeks) simply that he doesn't like necros.... if you have to ask me who HE is, you need not reply.

Sympathetic to all of you who still play/struggle to play your necro after it is being systematically destroyed wack by wack :(

Roll Cleric or Shaman, they seem to be ok through every patch/nerf/slice

Haul
09-10-2011, 06:03 PM
it just keeps f-ing patching into the EQEmuLaunch folder over and over and over, ffs, even after deleting all the dsetup.dll's

Smedy
09-10-2011, 06:10 PM
our take on the patch, we love this shit pals, praise rogean jesus

http://if-guild.com/2011/09/rogean-doing-big-things/

h0tr0d (shaere)
09-10-2011, 06:10 PM
DON'T USE THE PATCHER. GAWD.

How can you continue to do the same thing and expect different results.

Tigranis
09-10-2011, 06:12 PM
For those folks who don't remember which exact spells are in their spell lists, here's a way to figure it out:

Open up a file found in your Everquest directory called < Player Name > _project1999.ini, might also appears as a "configuration setting" in your windows file viewer of choice. Replace < Player Name > with your character name, should be obvious when you look for it. Open with Notepad.

Find the text block that starts with [SpellLoadouts], a clip is copied below.

[SpellLoadouts]
SpellLoadout1.inuse=1
SpellLoadout1.name=Buffs
SpellLoadout1.slot1=1776
SpellLoadout1.slot2=269
SpellLoadout1.slot3=516
SpellLoadout1.slot4=268
SpellLoadout1.slot5=655
SpellLoadout1.slot6=86
SpellLoadout1.slot7=421
SpellLoadout1.slot8=256

You could use the Lucy database from here http://lucy.allakhazam.com/. You have to correlate the spell id with the spell name, from there it will be up to you to remember why you have Summon Water in your battle spell list or other such oddities.

An easier way to get to the same result is to use the spell file in the p1999 Everquest directory:

Copy and paste spells_us.txt another location, just in case you mess something up when looking at it. Open with Excel, it's a ^ delimited file.

First column is the spell ID number, second column is the spell name. Using that, I can see that the spell set I had above is:

[SpellLoadouts]
SpellLoadout1.inuse=1
SpellLoadout1.name=Buffs
SpellLoadout1.slot1=1776 Spirit of Wolf
SpellLoadout1.slot2=269 Feet Like Cat
SpellLoadout1.slot3=516 Barbcoat
SpellLoadout1.slot4=268 Strength of Earth
SpellLoadout1.slot5=655 Eyes of the Cat
SpellLoadout1.slot6=86 Enduring Breath
SpellLoadout1.slot7=421 Skin Like Steel
SpellLoadout1.slot8=256 Shield of Thistles

See, rangers are in fact good for something. I don't really use the spell sets that much, but Adra was ready to quit when she lost access to the 10 spell sets she kept. Now instead, she's happily using Lucy and Notepad to figure it out.

Haul
09-10-2011, 06:15 PM
DON'T USE THE PATCHER. GAWD.

How can you continue to do the same thing and expect different results.

What am I susposed to be doing then bro? Can you give me more details not just a fucking 1 sentence shot at my lack of computer skills. :l

Uaellaen
09-10-2011, 06:16 PM
What am I susposed to be doing then bro? Can you give me more details not just a fucking 1 sentence shot at my lack of computer skills. :l

i sent you a PM

Nreekay
09-10-2011, 06:20 PM

still having this problem.. deleted all the files i was suppose to..

Unbreakable
09-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Yeah I've tried all this stuff myself also, including the patcher, it's patching to the right place far as I can tell. Last time Rogean had to give us a specific file to fix it for me. We had to rename the file and copy it into our directory.

Nreekay
09-10-2011, 06:28 PM
dont know what i did but it works now..

h0tr0d (shaere)
09-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Download the file eqchangesv14 blah blah. Open it up, and extract all to a folder of the same name. You choose the location but the folder will be named the same as the download. Eqchange_v14 or such. Go into the folder. Ctrl A or edit - select all or drag your mouse cursor and select everything. Once the contents are completely highlighted right click and hit copy. Now go to your EQ directory and right click anywhere inside the folder except on an actual file and hit paste. Choose to replace or overwrite.

Done.

Unbreakable
09-10-2011, 06:35 PM
I usually just select "extract all" to my eq directory. Is there really a difference?

h0tr0d (shaere)
09-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Nope. Sometimes with win7 people can have issues tho. And doing it manually provides and understanding. Right now if his problem is hitting patch it is akin to the same thing as extracting for him. Trying to get him down to basics.

Haul
09-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Uaellaen is my hero he fixed it! Everything is fixed I am forever thankful!!!!!!!

pecete
09-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Recently got my EoT 59 pet spell so I fast wanted to test it against green mobs, I was amazed how my pet could only do 55 to 70 hits per attack and going low in life fast, now again my best spell to hit thouse skymobs gets increased resist, thx for it, by the way great work on launcher you are fantastic on that

nilzark
09-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the good work guys.

Ixx
09-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Can do without maps, it only worked for starter zones anyway ... can even do without target rings, altho i cant really recall them _not_ being in the game. I didnt start untill late 2000 so it might be that they were introduced soon enough after that.

What bugs me most is the spellsets, as a chanter with s**tloads of spells they helped make grouping less of a pain, i had all 10 spellsets filled up and could easily have filled another 10.

Ya, ya, ya it's not "classic", but neither is _not_ allowing boxing or _not_ releasing epics/VP together with Kunark ... my point is, please stop F'ing the gaming experience, reintroducing these annoying details should be way down the list together with "running servers on hardware from 1999".

I'm guessing the important definition of "classic" for most people is stopping at Velious and NOT releasing Luclin, you dont have to work overtime reintroducing every annoying little detail just because thats how it looked originally ... the gaming experience can never be like it was then (15" monitor anyone?). This server already captured the memory and feel of the original, thats not broken so theres no need to "fix" that.

With that being said; tons and tons of cred to the whole team for making this server happening!!

\\V

h0tr0d (shaere)
09-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Sec Ixx, got something for ya.

This is the first time I saw a target ring in game. I ss it because I didn't know what it was, (didn't read notes ).

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j283/h0tr0d/eq/EQ000023.jpg

Ixx
09-10-2011, 07:23 PM
So, it came with POP then ... late 2002 in other words.

Still gonna miss em =/

\\V

Ixx
09-10-2011, 07:28 PM
/off topic
Hey WTF, just remebered that name"Mayax" ... that was the name of a Ogre War in my guild on Drinal, "Darkmoons" ... i can't possibly be the same?
I played a DE chanter named Vild in that guild (and the exact same combo on P1999).

\\V

Jakanden
09-10-2011, 07:33 PM

I never knew about this site - thanks!

Ellia
09-10-2011, 08:05 PM
hmmm, ate 10 a chunk of meat in a row, you'd think i'd be full, but i'm not.

Webwolf
09-10-2011, 08:29 PM
It's just silly to keep removing user interface improvements. Focus instead on bringing us the classic game content and mechanics, that is what brought us all here not the old interface.

h0tr0d (shaere)
09-10-2011, 08:30 PM
It is the same. Remember he dropped guild cuz he was trying to join TC, the guild formed out of NR?

Spud
09-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Ouch, really going to miss spell sets. Time to organize the ol spell book i think.

kanras
09-10-2011, 09:13 PM
The lifetap resist changes weren't balance changes, they are timeline correct AFAIK.

Lagaidh
09-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Since you all can now modify the client behavior with your DLLs, and have removed spell sets from the game (classic is not enough of a reason in my humble opinion), then I would petition that the following classic behavior be restored: I want to be able to sit for long casts without interrupting a spell just like it used to be in classic.

It made using my Deepwater Helm for healing a time to med too.

Hey. It's classic right? So let's get that coded in for the blind devotion to classic for ill or good. Right? I mean it may benefit players, but it's classic so we have to do it!

SyanideGas
09-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Well done guys!

Lavahorn
09-10-2011, 10:28 PM
does flippy have spell sets? i'm interested

Lazortag
09-10-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm surprised how much bitching there is about target rings (seriously?) but there's very little bitching about VP.

Lagaidh
09-10-2011, 10:40 PM
I should think there'd be more bitching over spell sets. That's truly useful and the reason for removing them is ... not enough... in my own opinion

Tarathiel
09-10-2011, 11:04 PM
How come the ability to turn off helm graphics has been disabled but wasn't in the patch notes?

zenevan
09-10-2011, 11:06 PM

totally, losing maps sux too

achtung
09-10-2011, 11:13 PM
How come the ability to turn off helm graphics has been disabled but wasn't in the patch notes?

Still working for me as of a few seconds ago

sineroth
09-10-2011, 11:23 PM
199nerf i always say still cool but......not classic
and yeah pick 1 classic or modded cause it really aint classic

...............false negatives i think?

Autotune
09-11-2011, 12:52 AM

yeah i have the same problem. I can turn my helm graphic off, but it comes right back when i zone.

Lostprophets
09-11-2011, 02:40 AM

yep, having this same problem.

Iksars look like crap with Exe Hoods...WTB fix.

Yukahwa
09-11-2011, 03:26 AM
Since you all can now modify the client behavior with your DLLs, and have removed spell sets from the game (classic is not enough of a reason in my humble opinion), then I would petition that the following classic behavior be restored: I want to be able to sit for long casts without interrupting a spell just like it used to be in classic.

Hey. It's classic right? So let's get that coded in for the blind devotion to classic for ill or good. Right? I mean it may benefit players, but it's classic so we have to do it!

Quoting this for truth. Gotta stay classic dudes.

P.S. if you want no helm graphic..don't wear one!

pakman37
09-11-2011, 04:16 AM
Just the way I wanted to spend my Saturday night..... hell, its Sunday morning now. I've read through this thread about three times, tried every suggestion I saw. Downloaded patch files manually..... nope. Downloaded .net framework v4.0..... nope. Downloaded EQemu launcher, everything's set up to patch files to the right directory, and............... still nope.

On the surface it looks like I should be gtg, but every god damn time I get that infuriating error message that the application failed to initialize. I'm not sure what else to do aside from either doing a complete reinstall of titanium or throwing this friggin dinosaur from 2002 that is my computer into the closet and getting a new one, and neither of those things are gonna happen tonight.

If anyone has a suggestion other than what's already been posted on this thread, please let me know. I would like to try again tomorrow and actually waste my time playing this game, not just trying to get it to work.

:mad:

ojamajoe
09-11-2011, 04:25 AM
No maps and no target ring makes me smile! That is all.

h0tr0d (shaere)
09-11-2011, 05:01 AM
2002 is old but certainly capable of eq doubt that is the issue. I'd try the reinstall first man before you sacrifice chickens!

And all that stuff be it target rings, maps, or spell sets were not classic. I don't think helms not showing or able to be disabled was either hm. Not that it proves anything but...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j283/h0tr0d/eq/cyc3.jpghttp://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j283/h0tr0d/eq/sg4.jpg

Wanderfar
09-11-2011, 06:06 AM
I patched correctly. Using WIN7. My game used to run fine with the eqgame.dll and the wsock32,dll. Once I deleted these files I started getting this error. Now the game crashes before loading anything with the above error.

What fixed Haul's problem?

Wanderfar
09-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Here is my log file from EQemulauncher:
6:23:02 AM]: Running EQEmuLauncher

[6:23:11 AM]: Error while updating!

[6:23:11 AM]: EQEmuLauncher - V1.24 http://moestaverne.com

[6:23:11 AM]: An unofficial EQEmulator Launcher

[6:23:11 AM]: Loading config...

[6:23:11 AM]: Checking for updates

[6:23:11 AM]: Loading serverlist ...

[6:23:14 AM]: Version 1.24 is up to date!

[6:23:14 AM]: 58 servers found.

[6:23:20 AM]: Checking for permissions...

[6:23:20 AM]: Searching updates for Project 1999

[6:23:21 AM]: 28 file(s) available. Checking files...

[6:23:21 AM]: All files up to date.

[6:23:21 AM]: Initializing patching for server Project 1999

[6:23:21 AM]: Loaded 13 backup files.

[6:23:21 AM]: Patching 35 file(s).

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \dsetup.dll.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \dbstr_us.txt.

[6:23:21 AM]: Patching: \spells_us.txt.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \Resources\GlobalLoad.txt.

[6:23:21 AM]: Patching: \Resources\loadscreen.jpg.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \uifiles\default\classic_pieces01.tga.

[6:23:21 AM]: Patching: \uifiles\default\EQLS_background_01.tga.

[6:23:21 AM]: Patching: \uifiles\default\EQLS_background_02.tga.

[6:23:21 AM]: Patching: \uifiles\default\EQLS_background_03.tga.

[6:23:21 AM]: Patching: \uifiles\default\EQLS_background_04.tga.

[6:23:21 AM]: Patching: \uifiles\default\EQLS_background_05.tga.

[6:23:21 AM]: Patching: \uifiles\default\EQLS_background_06.tga.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \uifiles\default\EQUI_Animations.xml.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \uifiles\default\EQUI_BankWnd.xml.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \uifiles\default\EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \uifiles\default\EQUI_GemsGameWnd.xml.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \uifiles\default\gemicons01.tga.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \uifiles\default\gemicons02.tga.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \uifiles\default\gemicons03.tga.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \uifiles\default\spells01.tga.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \uifiles\default\spells02.tga.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \uifiles\default\spells03.tga.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \uifiles\default\spells04.tga.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \uifiles\default\spells05.tga.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \uifiles\default\spells06.tga.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \uifiles\default\spells07.tga.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \uifiles\default\window_pieces02.tga.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \uifiles\default\window_pieces01.tga.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \arena_EnvironmentEmitters.txt.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \arena.eqg.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \lavastorm.eqg.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \nektulos.eqg.

[6:23:21 AM]: Already patched: \Nektulos_EnvironmentEmitters.txt.

[6:23:21 AM]: Deleting: \wsock32.dll.

[6:23:21 AM]: Deleting: \eqgame.dll.

[6:23:21 AM]: Launching EverQuest...

[6:23:21 AM]: Minimizing Launcher in 3...

Wanderfar
09-11-2011, 06:29 AM
after patching I am hitting play from the EQemulauncher then this error.

"eqgame.exe has stopped working" options to close the program or look for solution and close.

When I try launching directly from the eqgame 1999 from Duxa's installer it gives me the application unable to start (oxc0000096) error.

pakman37
09-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Well, I lied, but it didn't do me any good. Fresh install of titanium, fresh patch, same result. Not to mention I'm getting a patch error message now, saying access to such and such ui file is denied.

Screw it, I might try again tomorrow and hopefully have time to play before I get called in to work.

Nordenwatch
09-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Sigh, im getting the same error, the delete wsock and eqgame one. wsock has been successfully deleted, but eqgame just comes back when i delete it, and the log says that /eqgame.dll is already patched, not deleting... just lost my spot in a seb group cause of this, anyone have a solution?

greatdane
09-11-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm pretty sure the -200 resist check for lifetaps is correct. They're not meant to be unresistable, just almost. With -200, you'll never get resists except against mobs that are virtually immune to magic anyway. It'll have absolutely no influence on 99.9% of gameplay.

greatdane
09-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Also, the game won't launch for me. I skimmed some pages and it's obvious that others are having the same problem, but is there a solution on any particular page? I'm not reading every post of a 17-page thread to track it down. Could we maybe get a post with the solution in server chat?

Hobby
09-11-2011, 10:07 AM
I doubt anyone else wants to read a 17-page thead either.

Try making a thread in the Tech support section (which this clearly is) that way people dont have to wade through all the bullshit here.

greatdane
09-11-2011, 10:27 AM
There's a thread in tech support, but the things that worked for some aren't working for others, and it doesn't even look like the problem is universally caused by the same thing.

AreYouAngered MyBrother
09-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Step 7. Log in.

Worked for me!

greatdane
09-11-2011, 11:02 AM
The wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll files simply aren't there on my end. They aren't in the EQChanges V14 zip either.

Mbaulmer
09-11-2011, 01:02 PM
To everyone having problems deleting wsock32 and eqgame:
If you had everquest installed in C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest don't forget that windows Vista and windows 7 has virtualstore and will put a copy of those files there.
Check C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progr am Files\Sony\EverQuest
Don't forget to show hidden files and folders when looking for the virtualstore

sineroth
09-11-2011, 02:03 PM

so bloody true but wtf can ya do

Bubbles
09-11-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm surprised how much bitching there is about target rings (seriously?) but there's very little bitching about VP.

Amazingly, it seems 99.5% of the server doesn't have VP keys.

Maps i can live without, life tap nerfs were going to happen eventually anyways, spellsets were pretty spiteful and unnecessary, but whatever.

But the helm graphic? C'mon, it's been a bad day to be a 60 necro. Forcing everyone to see my pointy hat is like getting pushed to the ground all day and *THEN* kicked in the nuts. a gnome can only take so much. :(

Uthgaard
09-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Just going out on a limb here, but I doubt the helm graphic was intentional. Helm on/off has always been a bit inconsistent in the client, and Rogean posted somewhere that he forced Velious textures on for all clients through the .dlls

That likely forced helms on as a byproduct. It seems a bit unnecessary, since they will automatically come on when the server's expansion is set to Velious. At that point, anyone who wants to see them, will be free to take the time to dick around in their eqclient.ini

Humerox
09-11-2011, 05:39 PM
If you go into options and click the helm graphic on and then off again, it will remove the graphic. Unfortunately, you have to do this each time you zone.

Uthgaard
09-11-2011, 05:49 PM
The problem with that is that it's a setting that only updates when you zone. So what you're seeing applies to your client's viewport exclusively, and doesn't actually represent a change in the setting.

greatdane
09-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Any news for those of us who still can't get the game to run? We've tried all the things that have been suggested and it has been over 24 hours now.

Rogean
09-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Any news for those of us who still can't get the game to run? We've tried all the things that have been suggested and it has been over 24 hours now.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48159&page=2#post396313

greatdane
09-11-2011, 05:57 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48159&page=2#post396313

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=397014&postcount=26

guineapig
09-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Food duration changes didn't happen until after Velious though:

APRIL 17, 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Food Changes:
Food items now have a 'duration'. This means that some food items will not sustain a character as long as others, and some items will sustain your character longer than they did before.

Namika
09-12-2011, 12:15 AM
I was confused at first, but here's what I did:
Open the Everquest folder.
Hit Ctrl+F (opens the 'find' function)
Find the 2 items the pop up window says to delete
Delete them

I was stumped at first, but it was simple in the end.

Foxx
09-12-2011, 12:21 AM
ONO MY PIXELS

sineroth
09-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Food duration changes didn't happen until after Velious though:
not much is classic except for random acts of nerfing so o well
such is life a big fuckin nerf

Wanderfar
09-12-2011, 11:45 AM
I was getting the appl could not start (0cxx00000005) code. turned off my anti virus program which I found was causing the error thru the event log and PRESTO, I am in.

Nedala
09-12-2011, 01:44 PM
not much is classic except for random acts of nerfing so o well
such is life a big fuckin nerf

reminds me of this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D84tty-d04 (watch it you will love it!)

also stop whining

sineroth
09-12-2011, 01:57 PM
haha funny video
and besides i never thought i was whining i thought of it as constructive bitching lol

Loremasten
09-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Spell slots will be sorely missed, resurrection needed, PST

Great job on patcher! Love it!

Never have had a hoop yet, so eh?

Havent been in a guild yet that could do any raid mobs so VP is a long way away.

I think most of us have our newbie areas already memorized, so no biggie there.

Target rings will be missed. My chanter silently sobs.

Only problem I had with patcher, that I didnt read any postings of, is I didnt have access to modify. Just had to go to properties and allow the access.

Great work guys!

Uaellaen
09-13-2011, 10:33 AM
I started to compile a list of the errors with solutions here http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=398963#post398963

If you know of an error that is not listed in that post and also know the solution add it please

greatdane
09-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Antivirus programs cause problems with the new dsetup.dll, and the file looks so much like a virus that "gaming mode" and soft disables aren't always enough. I had to shut my antivirus off completely (which is kinda difficult with some antivirus programs) and I'm guessing some people think they've tried that but haven't actually fully disabled their antivirus. Many of them have options that claim to toggle the constant protection off but don't actually disable whatever it is that prevents the game from accessing dsetup.dll, so be sure to mention that they might have more luck removing the program from startup in msconfig. Most antivirus programs should have an option to exclude specific files from the blanket protection, but the user would first have to confirm that the problem is actually caused by their antivirus.

That fixed the problem for a few of us, but apparently none of our various antivirus programs ever gave any kind of indication that it had blocked access from eqgame to dsetup.dll, so we didn't discover the problem for like two whole days. The fact that so many people had no such problems and nobody brought up the possibility of antivirus conflicts for days makes me wonder if most of the playerbase hasn't bothered to actually use antivirus. That might explain why there were so many account thefts at one point.

Use antivirus. An online computer without antivirus is like asking a gypsy to hold your wallet.

sineroth
09-13-2011, 04:10 PM
WTB gypsy poison

Xeliso
09-13-2011, 05:32 PM
paylasimınız güzel.

Hello young spammer. Thx 4 share.

Dr.Spike
09-15-2011, 09:48 AM
------------------------------
November 5, 2003
------------------------------
** Interface **

- We have added the consider color to the Target window. The art used
to display the consider color can be removed or edited via XML by
custom skins.
- We have also added a 3D target indicator._ The ring color indicates
the con color of the target._ This can be turned off in the Options
window. A new settings file in the UI folder can be edited by players
to customize the appearance of the indicator, including different
animated textures for each con color and other interesting settings.

about target ring and when it came

cadiz
09-15-2011, 11:29 PM
Antivirus programs cause problems with the new dsetup.dll, and the file looks so much like a virus that "gaming mode" and soft disables aren't always enough. I had to shut my antivirus off completely (which is kinda difficult with some antivirus programs) and I'm guessing some people think they've tried that but haven't actually fully disabled their antivirus. Many of them have options that claim to toggle the constant protection off but don't actually disable whatever it is that prevents the game from accessing dsetup.dll, so be sure to mention that they might have more luck removing the program from startup in msconfig. Most antivirus programs should have an option to exclude specific files from the blanket protection, but the user would first have to confirm that the problem is actually caused by their antivirus.

That fixed the problem for a few of us, but apparently none of our various antivirus programs ever gave any kind of indication that it had blocked access from eqgame to dsetup.dll, so we didn't discover the problem for like two whole days. The fact that so many people had no such problems and nobody brought up the possibility of antivirus conflicts for days makes me wonder if most of the playerbase hasn't bothered to actually use antivirus. That might explain why there were so many account thefts at one point.

Use antivirus. An online computer without antivirus is like asking a gypsy to hold your wallet.

I may be a in a different boat here but I usually play P99 on Fedora Linux in Wine (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21734) on my laptop when I'm travelling.

When I'm at home I have a winXP gaming machine that only plays games, doesn't touch the internet outside of steam and spell file updates. I use DD-WRT (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/DD-WRT) Open Source, Linux-based firmware on my Linksys router and utilize A separate, isolated VLAN (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Virtual_LAN) via the router for traffic for the Windows machine.

Because of this I have no need for antivirus. I know most folks use the same comp they use for internet/email/etc for P99 so this may not work for you, just illustrating a different approach someone might find useful.

I do image my Windows machine frequently so if it gets compromised I just take ~10minutes to re-image it.

Vladesch
09-24-2011, 11:40 AM
I hope they can patch it soon to force 640x480 resolution and disable task swapping. Perhaps force us to set back the clip frame and slow the framerate.
So I can immerse myself in the true glory of eq circa 1999.

Vladesch
09-24-2011, 11:49 AM
If you don't like the changes don't play here. It's pretty simple.

I heard the same sort of thing back in 2004 before EQ nosedived and they closed half the servers.
Be careful what you wish for.

Palemoon
09-24-2011, 12:09 PM
I heard the same sort of thing back in 2004 before EQ nosedived and they closed half the servers.
Be careful what you wish for.

They don't have investors to answer to, Sony did.