PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - Sunday, March 28th 2010

Rogean
03-28-2010, 01:48 AM
Code

Rogean: Mobs will no longer continue to check for vicinity aggro when already engaged.
Rogean: Removed the ability to change or clear surnames after one is set.
Rogean: A charm pet's owner will now inherit all aggro generated by the charmed pet when the pet dies or is no longer charmed.
Haynar: Added resist check exemptions for bind sight, and Alliance line of spells.
Haynar: Adjusted interval for mob kick/bash skills.
Haynar: Rogues rejoice!! They can now sneak while dotted.
Haynar: Reset hell levels from (29, 34, 39, 44) to (30, 35, 40, 45)
Haynar: Fix for targeting issues, after charm lands.
Haynar: Applied pet response message filter type to several pet responses.
Haynar: Removed sending pet buff information to client (classic adjustment).
Haynar: Fixed command /pet who leader
Haynar: More faction war fixes.
Secrets: Dwarves now start with 50 sense heading.

Content

Haynar: Removed component requirement for item clickies: Pegasus Feather Cloak, Mystic Cloak, Summoned Waterstone, Summoned Ring of Levitation
Haynar: Fixed Song Duration on Cassindra's Chant and Chorus of Clarity
Secrets: Ancient Crocodile now works properly.
Secrets: Removed the "firepots" in neriak and qcat.
Secrets: Fixed The Jeweled Skull combine.
DOACleric: Spawn time decreased significantly in Qeynos Catacombs for low level hunting
DOACleric: Brother Zephyl is no longer a pushover. You have been warned!
Aeolwind: Fixed Brother Qwinn, I mean it this time!
Aeolwind: Genni fixed.
Aeolwind: Adjusted Hollow Skull in another attempt to fix that combine.
Aeolwind: Adjusted Holy Cask combine in another attempt to fix that combine.
Nilbog: Meldrath the Malignant will now spawn every 22 minutes.
Nilbog: Ancient Cyclops/ph in the Ocean of Tears will have 6 min respawn times. The AC in OOT will always be level 40. Cyclops ph stats adjusted.
Nilbog: Seafury cyclops stats adjusted. some were way too hard.
Nilbog: a spectre spawn in oot/feerrott was matching that of qeynos catacombs. Fixed
Nilbog: plague rats will now proc plagueratdisease
Nilbog: moss snakes, large spiders, stonesnakes will now proc feeble poison
Nilbog: large snakes, bullnose snakes, spiderlings, wooly spiderlings will no longer poison
Nilbog: asps, kerra snakes, giant rattlesnakes, shoal serpents, giant water moccasins, carrion spiders will now proc poison instead of weak poison
Nilbog: ice boned skeletons will now require magical weapons and cast cold-based spells
Nilbog: Karg and Martar Icebear will now be 8 hour spawns +/- 2 hours.
Nilbog: Martar Icebear will now be kos to all and be kos to WolvesoftheNorth.
Nilbog: Bladestorm, Katana of Steel Sleet has ceased to drop.
Nilbog: created varying level prisoners 8-12 for High Hold Keep.
Nilbog: hhk prisoners will call for help from the guards, but the guards won't assist.
Nilbog: hhk prisoners will provide no faction hits
Nilbog: hhk prisoners now have coin drop
Nilbog: hhk prisoners will assist each other, and kos humans, elves, trolls, and ogres.
Nilbog: hhk prisoners will now attack osargen if you bring him within their aggro radius
Nilbog: North qeynos beetles, with the exception of the queen, will be level 2
Nilbog: Replaced klicnik noble and klicnik warrior spawns with more classic npcs
Nilbog: Cleaned up script for fire hatchlings. when killing queen klicnik, she will always spawn 3-4 tiny beetles on death. They will depop if not engaged for 30 seconds.
Nilbog: "newbie log" area of Nektulos redone, you will see many more mobs.
Nilbog: Griffawns will no longer drop griffenne charm. Added missing levels of griffawns.
Nilbog: Griffennes will have more chances to spawn.
Nilbog: Deathly Ushers can now drop Rune of Ivy(top).
Nilbog: Aeris Greymalkyn is now on faction Donovon.
Nilbog: Jovan will now spawn in a static location in Highpass, with a 3 hour respawn timer.
Nilbog: warbone spearman created. you will rarely see him in lavastorm mountains.
Nilbog: Rock Dervishes are now immune to non-magical weapons.
Nilbog: Lesser Nightmares will now be kos and drop nightmare hides.
Nilbog: BoneCracker will now proc ghoulroot.
Nilbog: Dervish Thugs added to respective locs at camps in North Ro, Oasis, South Ro, and West Commons.
Nilbog: Ran`un and Thena Lonnes will drop Red Sash of Order and Torn Brown Shirt 100% of the time.
Nilbog: Fixed direction you face when arriving at West Freeport NW sewer entrance.
Nilbog: Created missing eastern sewer zoneline From North Freeport<->West Freeport (perl, not perfect)
Nilbog: Guard Willia will only be spawned via Merko. Untouched, she will escape to the zoneline and depop. She will now drop the token of truth 100% of the time.
Nilbog: Altunic Jartin will now path properly.
Nilbog: Squire Narl will provide correct combat and death text. He will also drop his head 100% of the time.
Nilbog: There will now be SEVERE faction hits for killing a royal fish. You will feel the hatred of an entire race rest upon your soul.
Nilbog: The evil eye of lower guk will drop the bag of sewn evil eye 100% of the time.
Nilbog: Pegasus Feather Cloak is no longer instant cast.
Nilbog: Drelzna will no longer drop Journeyman Boots. She will now drop Ashenwood Short Spear.
Nilbog: emperor fae drake will now be on Skytalons faction.
Nilbog: Fixed various Ogre faces as per Brut's Ogre research.
Nilbog: Lenka's Pouch quest will no longer result in negative RoguesoftheWhiteRose faction.
Nilbog: Made certain 2hs weapons brd/rog wieldable. These classes have no 2hs skill, so it will only be the graphic represented.
Nilbog: Dark Deathsingers spawn location corrected.
Nilbog: Added Cros Treewind and Holly Windstalker's correct aggro message.
Nilbog: Zartok Ru`Soe (jewelcraft in Neriak) vendor list fixed.
Nilbog: Fixed vampire bats on Erud's Crossing. Rarely a necromancer version will spawn, which drops the Thin Boned Wand.
Nilbog: hastashi the mermaid has been created. You might see her very rarely in erud's crossing.
Nilbog: Hojo will now act as the "Holly Windstalker" of Erud's Crossing. He will protect the kerran creatures.
Nilbog: Removed a frantic kerran from Erud's Crossing. Added, rarely, a fire elemental.
Nilbog: Removed Aviak Beak. Added Aviak Talon to appropriate npcs.
Nilbog: Aviaks in OOT will now provide no faction hit, but will be social. They will now /con dubious. Slightly lowered their aggro radius.
Nilbog: Dark Boned Bracelet will now only drop from greater dark boned skeletons.
Nilbog: flame goblin foreman will now drop foreman's tunic commonly and obsidian scimitar rarely.

Daewen
03-28-2010, 02:05 AM
Are the Pegasus Feather Cloaks looted prior to this patch going to maintain their instant cast? Or are they being nerfed across the board?

Salty
03-28-2010, 02:09 AM
Salty's bday today bros.

nilbog
03-28-2010, 02:15 AM
Are the Pegasus Feather Cloaks looted prior to this patch going to maintain their instant cast? Or are they being nerfed across the board?

Enough evidence was provided for them to be temporarily instant click. Just like live, they will all now have a casting time.

Hasbinbad
03-28-2010, 02:17 AM
Beautiful.

Audacious93c
03-28-2010, 02:32 AM
How is the hell lvl thing going to work? Im 44 now, half way through it. Did I just sit through that extra time in this hell lvl for the fun of it or am I going to be like 45 now or what? Just trying to see if Im getting the shaft here hehe :P

Abacab
03-28-2010, 02:33 AM
Nilbog: Fixed various Ogre faces as per Brut's Ogre research.

He's just earning his plastic surgery practice

"Cuts and sluts by Brut"

Zobex
03-28-2010, 02:48 AM
3/4 of the way through 44.. gtfo.... i have to do it all over AGAIN???? gtfo.... oh, gtfo

Gorroth
03-28-2010, 02:49 AM
Code

What? Why?!

Why remove something that was classic? The firepot system was compensation for evil races since they have a harder time getting around due to factions.

Zobex
03-28-2010, 03:17 AM
response of Pegasus Feather Cloak casting... "You feel bogus as an unknown spell accosts you". Even after zoning, same thing. Figured I should post it here instead of being reamed by a certain individual for an innocent tell..............

Finawin
03-28-2010, 03:17 AM
Lev rings do the same thing

Rogean
03-28-2010, 03:20 AM
Get the latest spells file.

Finawin
03-28-2010, 03:22 AM
Just did that, sorry. I didn't see a note to do so on the patch notes so I didn't right away lol

Atennu
03-28-2010, 03:37 AM
Have the people who complained about the Hell levels changing even logged in yet? I logged off today with my alt being 17% through the level. I came back online after patch and i was 38%. I'm sure you'll be credited for the XP

guineapig
03-28-2010, 03:47 AM
What? Why?!

Why remove something that was classic? The firepot system was compensation for evil races since they have a harder time getting around due to factions.

Yeah I don't think removing this is right either.

Rhalous
03-28-2010, 03:55 AM
Do we get the ability to set a permanent surname, or will the ones we currently have be our permanent ones?

Rhalous
03-28-2010, 03:58 AM
Have the people who complained about the Hell levels changing even logged in yet? I logged off today with my alt being 17% through the level. I came back online after patch and i was 38%. I'm sure you'll be credited for the XP

From what I understand about how xp penalties were calculated, this is exactly right. You weren't "credited" the xp, tho. You just had the amount of xp that is needed for your next level decreased, which made it look like you gained extra xp.

Pipkin
03-28-2010, 05:16 AM
something seems to be wrong with spider silks in East Karana as they wont stack when i try to loot them. i'll post in a bugs forum as well but just thought you should know.

aetherphalanx
03-28-2010, 05:55 AM
So for those of us tards that were changing our last names on a weekly basis, can we get a gratuitous surname reset so we can at least pick something we'd like to keep permanently ? :)

Tsuken
03-28-2010, 07:12 AM
I think the firepots need to be put back too.

But I found a bug with looting items that can stack. Say you have 1 bat wing in your inventory and you loot the next bat wing by right clicking on it in the loot window. It will say you looted the bat wing, but you will still only have 1 in your inventory. Manually adding the bat wing to the stack by left clicking still works.

Gorroth
03-28-2010, 07:27 AM
I think the firepots need to be put back too.

But I found a bug with looting items that can stack. Say you have 1 bat wing in your inventory and you loot the next bat wing by right clicking on it in the loot window. It will say you looted the bat wing, but you will still only have 1 in your inventory. Manually adding the bat wing to the stack by left clicking still works.

Just noticed this as well, tried looting a gargoyle's eye.

Uaellaen
03-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Pegasus cloak is bugged, it does not auto target your self ... i can now run arround and levi everyone i want by having them in target and click MY cloak ...

also the spell duration is level dependant now? at lvl 1 it lasts ~1min 18 and at lvl 50 it lasts ~15 min something ...

Kuld
03-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Firepots were ingame during Kunark, for sure. Don't have proof other than my own recollection of running an Iksar necro through Neriak after getting ported to LS (headed to CB).

atvaata
03-28-2010, 08:39 AM

damnit!!!!!! there goes mah uberfast portage

dojo420
03-28-2010, 09:15 AM
A charm pet's owner will now inherit all aggro generated by the charmed pet when the pet dies or is no longer charmed.
this currently applies even if you are FD during the charm break resulting in both pet and engaged npc to attack while FD. is this intended?

tsonka
03-28-2010, 10:30 AM
The hell levels adjust themselves. I logged out last night half a yellow from 30 and this morning killed 1 mob and it bumped me almost 2 yellow into 30.

LazyFuj
03-28-2010, 11:07 AM
something seems to be wrong with spider silks in East Karana as they wont stack when i try to loot them. i'll post in a bugs forum as well but just thought you should know.

Also if I try to sell, right click looting stackable items, game will lockup(not freeze) but you can't do any commands or hotkeys, have to camp out and come back.

Somekid123
03-28-2010, 11:11 AM
People need to stop bitching about fire pots being taken out, you wanted classic, you're getting it. You're right they were classic, but they were always LOCKED, never intended for every class to use.

They were originaly there for Dev's [During Beta] to get to certain zones quicker before the whole "/teleport X zone" command.

Dont get these mixed up with TD Firepots which were hidden underwater.

Jify
03-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Code
Rogean: Mobs will no longer continue to check for vicinity aggro when already engaged.

Sweeeeeet

Scrooge
03-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Very nice changes Devs! The harder the game, the more we enjoy it! :)

"Haynar: Removed sending pet buff information to client (classic adjustment)." Though I cannot say I'm in favor of that, it's only a minor inconvenience.

Murferoo
03-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Yeah, getting same bug when you sell something that stacks, have to camp out to get control of anything again. Weird.

muffin
03-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Yeah whats up with the hell level rest I was all the way through 29 already!

Tudana
03-28-2010, 01:54 PM
where do I get teh spell file at?

Zanti
03-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Is there a reason why living in ignorance of your own pets effects was desirable? Aside from that "its classic"? By that token whole raids would be camped out and waiting to log back in to preserve all their 5min duration high level buffs. Are fade messages on the effects we cast on other people next? How about our own buff duration timers?

It just seems like certain things are being picked on to dismantle while others are not.

nilbog
03-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Is there a reason why living in ignorance of your own pets effects was desirable? Aside from that "its classic"? By that token whole raids would be camped out and waiting to log back in to preserve all their 5min duration high level buffs. Are fade messages on the effects we cast on other people next? How about our own buff duration timers?

No other reason than it was classic. Fade messages/buff duration timers - maybe, need to look into it.

It just seems like certain things are being picked on to dismantle while others are not.

We will continue fixing things as we find fixes for them. If a change is made to provide for a more classic feel, it's not because we chose it off a list of things already fixed and waited to be implemented. It is because the people while working on the source were able to provide a fix. Nothing more, nothing less.

Zanti
03-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the reply. That particular change just makes me sad :(.

Thank you for all the hard work though.

ammut
03-28-2010, 03:39 PM
last patch broke necro feign death while charming.

If my charmed pet die while i am feign death, the aggroed mob will run after me and ignore the feign death.

YendorLootmonkey
03-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Also if I try to sell, right click looting stackable items, game will lockup(not freeze) but you can't do any commands or hotkeys, have to camp out and come back.

I had success "jumping" to regain control. Not sure why it worked, but it did.

Samuel
03-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Curious if items are being lost with this stacking bug, or just not showing up. Just happened to me with a black sapphire, would be a shame to lose it heh.

Cfred0-
03-28-2010, 08:46 PM
awesome now i get to go through another hell lvl when i jst finished my other one....

Haynar
03-28-2010, 10:28 PM
awesome now i get to go through another hell lvl when i jst finished my other one....
Actually, you don't.

What it was, were the exp multipliers were shifted up one level. So the multiplier you just went through, will be the same as the new hell level. The new level above what you just went through, will be no different than what it was before.

The overall effect, if you are above level 29, you basically get between 1-2 yellows of exp.

Looking forward in your leveling, nothing is harder than it was before.

Haynar

Haynar
03-28-2010, 10:37 PM

We really fix it as we find it. And if its easy to fix, it gets done quicker. I have bugs I have been looking at on and off for weeks, with still little to no progress.

If its a bad exploit, it goes to top priority. Which means almost everything gets put off code development wise, until we come up with a fix.

The pet buffs were like ... oh ya, i forgot we couldn't see pet buffs. Thats easy to fix.

What about /pet report health?

Hmmm, lets look through some old patch notes.

Nope, buffs didn't get added to that until after SoL was out.

Thats easy to fix too.

Thats how some patches go, to make things more classic.

If I could figure out how to make all your buff timers go away too, they would be gone. I do have some ideas on how to do it. But it is low on my list. But if people complain about pet buffs too much, maybe it will move up on my list.

Haynar

LevinJ
03-28-2010, 10:45 PM
Since the patch, Magi pets are not showing any buffs icons on their little window (including the fire pet's permanent DS or Burnout).

Haynar
03-28-2010, 10:49 PM
Since the patch, Magi pets are not showing any buffs icons on their little window (including the fire pet's permanent DS or Burnout).
Working as intended.

Thanks for the feedback.

Haynar

LevinJ
03-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Score one for posting without reading. Go me!

Zobex
03-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Selling stackable items is causing my client to become unclickable once they're sold. specifically gems/words. Ivory has done it twice, and the words once. I've also noticed that a couple of the gems I know I had multiple amounts of are only showing up as 1. also not sure if i'm getting the plat i'm selling these for either.

Arksa_Apocrypha
03-29-2010, 10:46 PM
I can't sell many items since the patch. And if something does sell it remains in my inventory. If I then click on it or try to sell I lose the ability to click on anything(right or left button,vendors doors mobs).
Going to try a full re-install to see if that helps.

Arksa_Apocrypha
03-30-2010, 12:08 AM
Nope.that didn't help at all as the problem persists even with a full re-install(and a wiped clean directory).Oh well was fun while it lasted.

Mordachai
03-30-2010, 12:46 PM
zoning* has cleared up items showing in inventory after selling, just make sure in the interim not to click on the item and you should be fine.

*also, camping/logging in

SpartanEQ
03-30-2010, 01:31 PM
I know this is a bug and I hope it gets fixed, but for now I do two things.

1) I always left click stackable loot because if you right-click auto-loot a stackable item it won't show-up in your inventory if you already have one of that item.

2) If I sell a stackable item I get the money for it, but the item remains in my inventory (as already reported), but right afterwards I destroy the item from my inventory.

Doing these two things keeps me away from problems.

Zordana
03-30-2010, 01:49 PM
I know this is a bug and I hope it gets fixed, but for now I do two things.

1) I always left click stackable loot because if you right-click auto-loot a stackable item it won't show-up in your inventory if you already have one of that item.

2) If I sell a stackable item I get the money for it, but the item remains in my inventory (as already reported), but right afterwards I destroy the item from my inventory.

Doing these two things keeps me away from problems.

same

Arksa_Apocrypha
03-30-2010, 08:38 PM
zoning* has cleared up items showing in inventory after selling, just make sure in the interim not to click on the item and you should be fine.

*also, camping/logging in
Logging/zoning sadly had no effect on the issue for me. Often items refuse to even be sold with a message similar to "Item not found... deleting" and that alone gives me the bug.
In reality that's pretty classic. Just need some heavy server lag and log in issues now to complete the illusion :rolleyes:.

Omnimorph
03-31-2010, 07:44 AM
Logging/zoning sadly had no effect on the issue for me. Often items refuse to even be sold with a message similar to "Item not found... deleting" and that alone gives me the bug.
In reality that's pretty classic. Just need some heavy server lag and log in issues now to complete the illusion :rolleyes:.

Well my classic experience was on a 56k modem which disconnected after 2 hours. As well as having a shitty computer which booted me practically every time I zoned.

Those were the days.

YendorLootmonkey
03-31-2010, 09:47 AM
I can't sell many items since the patch. And if something does sell it remains in my inventory. If I then click on it or try to sell I lose the ability to click on anything(right or left button,vendors doors mobs).
Going to try a full re-install to see if that helps.

Jumping, for some reason, regains your ability to click on stuff. I've been able to reproduce it twice.

Tsuken
04-01-2010, 05:13 AM
ancient croc and his croc friends don't seem to spawn at all anymore

Sweetapple
04-01-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm not sure if this was just for certain stackable items or not. However, I was able to press CRTL + left click when selling stacked items and they sold individually, giving me money each time, all the way to none remaining. There was no item left in my inventory, no delete messages, no inablilty to click.

P.S. Jumping also frees me from being unclickable.

Arksa_Apocrypha
04-01-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm not sure if this was just for certain stackable items or not. However, I was able to press CRTL + left click when selling stacked items and they sold individually, giving me money each time, all the way to none remaining. There was no item left in my inventory, no delete messages, no inablilty to click.
P.S. Jumping also frees me from being unclickable.

Thanks for the head's up I was able to use jump(as also suggested by a previous poster)to make clicking possible after hit with the error.

I had thought to split up the items(but not using crt click)but stackables even in singles cause the bug in at least they remain in inventory.

Sometimes I was able to fill the "empty" slot(ones showing already sold item)with new loot/bought items and other times it would say my inventory was full.

Not a game killing bug I reckon but an unnecessary pia that should be high on the "to do" list.