PDA

View Full Version : Playing fullscreen.

Ozaze
03-28-2010, 11:46 AM
So I've managed to get the game running full screen at 1440x900 resolution, however if I click anywhere that wasn't covered by the game in windowed mode the game acts like I just alt+tabbed. Anyone for an idea how to correct this issue?

doacleric
03-28-2010, 11:49 AM
If you are running Windows Vista or 7, this is a known issue I believe. Not much can be done about it.

SpartanEQ
03-28-2010, 03:56 PM
I don't seem to have that problem running Vista Business 64-bit at 1920x1080. I'm running the game in Windows XP (Service Pack 2) compatibility mode. I don't know if this makes a difference, but it's worth a shot if you aren't doing it now.

Right-click your desktop shortcut and choose Properties, open the Compatibility tab and you'll see it.

Ozaze
03-29-2010, 12:39 AM
Well i've found a work around that simply requires some specific conditions to work, so I'll post for anyone else having this problem.

You need to open the game with no other windows open or minimized, otherwise it will think they are active and will make the task bar appear near the bottom of your screen causing the issue. Also the game needs to open the first time into full screen, if it doesn't, make it full screen, quit then open the game again, it should launch in full screen and be stable. DO NOT alt-tab, as this will revert it to having the same issue and you will need to exit the game again to get it back to normal. Hopefully this will help anyone else who was having this problem.

Excision Rottun
03-29-2010, 11:38 AM
So I've managed to get the game running full screen at 1440x900 resolution, however if I click anywhere that wasn't covered by the game in windowed mode the game acts like I just alt+tabbed. Anyone for an idea how to correct this issue?

I have this issue.

Here is my fix.

After you go fullscreen open options, video modes, accept video mode, click yes to keep video mode.

It makes my screen refresh an then I can click anywhere I want, I also have to do this anytime I alt-tab and come back.

Alt-Enter to get fullscreen, Alt-O for option, display, video modes, accept, yes.

This seems to be an issue with widescreen monitors, the Titanium client doesn't like them (as far as I recall).