PDA

View Full Version : can anyone recommend a good ui with XP bar showing constantly

Dojii
09-16-2011, 09:07 PM
i hate OCD toggling my inventory to check my xp bar ugh

Jigga
09-16-2011, 09:10 PM
no hacks suck huh?

Dojii
09-16-2011, 09:17 PM
no, xp on P99 is classic and moves really really slow at times.

fiegi
09-16-2011, 09:43 PM
thought you were done with eq bro

Knuckle
09-16-2011, 09:47 PM
hes been shamed off pvp for dirty hacks, he is now in bluebie sanctuary where he feels safe from the malicious taunts of his former peers.

Dojii
09-16-2011, 09:55 PM
about that ui

greatdane
09-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Don't these new dll files fuck up most custom UIs anyway?

Dojii
09-16-2011, 10:07 PM
my buddy is coding a PVP server, classic max level 50. except we reworked the client and serverside to client communication. removed zone lines but added agro tethers. so when you cross a zone line you lose agro from the other zone and as you approach the next zone the textures and everything is already 75% loaded.

maps are disabled. PVP range is 6 levels. everything is working well as far as dynamic zoning but agro is fucked up. but we can travel around the whole world without zoning pretty sweet.

greatdane
09-16-2011, 10:11 PM
That sounds insane. How the hell did he do that with EQ's ancient codebase?

Dojii
09-16-2011, 10:15 PM
well 15 years ago he started making Doom zones. and zones for many other games that u could do i can't even remember the names of the games he was making zones for but they were FPS games and u could make zones. but he's just graduated from some place and him and like 5 other nerds just made it work but like i said agro is not consistent

Dojii
09-16-2011, 10:19 PM
but its all based on proximity what your client receives from the server, even tho technically the server. or his server i should say cause its not able to run on EQemu yet. so we're just testing it from his server at his place.

Dojii
09-16-2011, 10:21 PM
its gonna be a totally different download package as well because we removed all the content past velious, and changed alot of shit that titanium client interfered with.

Dojii
09-16-2011, 10:31 PM
we're keeping in spell tree, spell list saving, we increased duration of cheesed buff timers like levitate now lasts 35 minutes. plan on reducing the general downtime of the game, tho we're not modifying xp. just zoning buffing, and implementing custom armor that is either priest, caster, pure melee, or hybrid oriented. But the armor just gives u general small stats like you will be farming in steamfont for example and you'll get some pants to drop that give you 3 ac 2hp 1 int. small stuff that gradually will get replaced by better general armor. the reason for that is to reduce gear gap advantages in PVP and give players more customization over their stats. but its not going to be OP gear by any means just balanced for general leveling and helping you survive a little bit more. XP will remain the same and so will Classic loot tables and zones. Just a few added fluffs.

greatdane
09-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Honestly, you're not gonna get a popular sever going while p99 is around unless you do something really custom and unique. Anyone who just wants to play EQ will do it on p99 or (hopefully) soon red99. If you make a whole new game out of it, maybe you could get some people. Just changing some spells a bit and removing zoning won't attract anyone really, not when there's a hugely popular and fully supported server.

Dojii
09-16-2011, 10:45 PM
at this point we're not really worried about how popular it is going to be or what kind of population we get because we're not even half way done with the project in its entirety. we're definitly mostly focused on the classic feel and overall functionality. its not going to be based off of Eqemulator.org its going to be a whole different server and download package. violating many of SoE's copyrights ;p

XiakenjaTZ
09-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Is he going to let you hack?

Ziggy
09-16-2011, 11:41 PM
Don't these new dll files fuck up most custom UIs anyway?

Nope.

Dojii
09-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Is he going to let you hack?

macro quest wont work on this server at all.... the client is hybrid of titanium, SoF and SoD. and the way packets are transfered between client and server is completely reworked. We did put in the Seeds of Destruction Left-Click hold and Camera spin.

essentially you can use scroll bar to zoom out of character then left click and hold and spin around to see your char from any angle. so you can run away from stuff, auto run, Left click flip the camera to see whats behind u. etc. etc,

*** you can toggle the feature on or off too. for those not interested

Vile
09-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Try this...

http://vilesyntax.com/neurosis.zip

I think my old UI showed XP in the Health/Mana bar section..

*edit* it does as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOxs6jrGHZs

Mana should toggle whether pure melee or caster/hybrid btw..

Vile
09-17-2011, 10:47 AM
wtb steps on how to make that ui work, ive never used a custom ui before.. thx big vile.

p.s is ur babybro playin this box?

Just unzip it and drop the folder: Sony/EverQuest/uifiles/

When in game type /loadskin neurosis or /load neurosis I forget...

Hah -- I think he might play lol. Not sure if hes gonna be down w/ the pure classic immersion. He's 13 now btw :eek: and almost taller than me (I am 6'2'')... very scary.