PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Bounty System

Prahadigm24
09-17-2011, 05:18 AM
Hey devs and folks,

What do you guys think about introducing a bounty system in the good old Ultima Online style? It should be implementable and add some fun to PvP. Here's a set of exemplary rules, these could be fine-tuned:

Everytime you are killed and you have not initiated the fight (i. e. you are the "victim"), you can put a bounty on your murderer's head - of at least 10 pp. This could work with a message window asking the victim whether he wants to put a bounty or not, or by introducing a simple command like "/bounty".

Bounties put on a PKer will aggregate, until he is finally killed. If a dark elf PK named "Inkie" has a bounty on his head, he will drop "Inkie's head". I think our client provides head graphics for most of the playable races, so killing a dark elf will yield a dark elf head and so on. The player who killed Inkie can loot the head and will be rewarded with the total platinum bounty when he turns it in.

For turning in, you could set up a bounty NPC at or close to each bank. These new NPCs would accept the heads of the PKers and give out the plat reward connected to each head. They could also tell players who are the 10 or 20 players with the currently highest bounty:

Inkie 45 murders 1310 platinum
Meanie 41 murders 650 platinum

(Kills only count as a murder when the victim choses to report it by issuing a bounty of at least 10 plat.)

Here's a picture from UO, bounties were posted on bulletin boards in each city back then. It certainly added some flavour to PvP:

http://www.pvpblog.com/dabox/public/uo-bounty/bount_hilda.jpg

Ravenlof
09-17-2011, 05:30 AM
i like

Titanuk
09-17-2011, 05:31 AM
not classic

Ravenlof
09-17-2011, 05:32 AM
not classic

lots of things arnt classic.... why not draw more towards pvp?

Pudge
09-17-2011, 05:46 AM
sounds fun. although i dont know how popular it would be.

Ziggy
09-17-2011, 06:49 AM
you can put a bounty out on someone with out a 'system'

Kelsar
09-17-2011, 09:32 AM
As much as I like the idea, it also means we're farther away from seeing r99 live if it were to it implemented. UO will always have a special place in my gaming heart. No other game has been so open and free to do what you want while being ruthless to its players. It was by far the most advanced PvP game until they had that expansion that changed everything about PvP.

gloinz
09-17-2011, 10:31 AM
you can put a bounty out on someone with out a 'system'

Knuckle
09-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Let's take a poop and think on it.

Kelsar
09-17-2011, 11:57 AM

good idea

SearyxTZ
09-17-2011, 02:07 PM

Let's think and take a poop on it

Knuckle
09-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Time to shoot down this dream since no one else will. Players duel eachother and kill eachother placing bounties on eachothers head thus farming plat with zero effort.

Galacticus
09-17-2011, 04:47 PM
It could work. But its alot of work and maybe something devs could work on after release if they like the idea.

Set up NPC(dog the bounty hunter) where you turn in plat to put a bounty on someone.

Everyone could hail the npc and see what bounties are active on who.

Then when killing that person they drop a tolken(their head) which you turn in for the plat given to the npc.

It would also be a secure way to transfer funds. You could sell heads for pp.

Ravenlof
09-18-2011, 01:30 AM
Time to shoot down this dream since no one else will. Players duel eachother and kill eachother placing bounties on eachothers head thus farming plat with zero effort.

does that make sense?

Prahadigm24
09-18-2011, 05:24 AM

If you put a bounty on somebody else, you'll obviously pay for it. The system would not affect the economy at all.

Of course some of you are right, non-classic features like this one shouldn't delay the start of the server. But the devs could introduce them at a later point.

Thought this idea would also please some of you hardcore PvPers, since it introduces a kind of top list of the most hated PKers on the server.

Bardalicious
09-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Angry_Bluebie places 9 of his hard earned platinum on PVPer_001's head.

PVPer_001 see's he has a bounty and tells friend PVPer_002 "lolz time to collect from noob angry bloob"

PVPer_002 kills PVPer_001 purposely and they split the lewts.

What is this shit I don't even........

Amuk
09-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Bardalicious tells me to stay out of this while he kills Levick

I agree, then kills Bardalicious when he comes

Bardalicious trains non-stop raging while we laugh

Amuk
09-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Bardalicious camps my duped corpse

Forgot the best line sry

C5BAMF
09-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Here's a picture from UO, bounties were posted on bulletin boards in each city back then.

EverQuest's bounties were also posted on bulletin boards located in taverns and such.

Humerox
09-18-2011, 02:07 PM
In the absence of item loot, this kind of system would be OK.

Personally I'd prefer the sig system that SZ had, though. Corpse summon pots for signatures would be pretty cool.

Prahadigm24
09-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Angry_Bluebie places 9 of his hard earned platinum on PVPer_001's head.

PVPer_001 see's he has a bounty and tells friend PVPer_002 "lolz time to collect from noob angry bloob"

PVPer_002 kills PVPer_001 purposely and they split the lewts.

Guess you're right, people will find ways to exploit such a system, can't think of a rule to prevent the given scenario.

Nevertheless, bounties as a game feature were awesome in UO. It's a pity that SoE never tried to introduce a PvP system following the UO tradition.

Bardalicious
09-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Bardalicious tells me to stay out of this while he kills Levick

I agree, then kills Bardalicious when he comes

Bardalicious trains non-stop raging while we laugh

More like trains you, gets you killed, then PVPs with Levick and a shaman up invis bridge while you pout at zone line about not being able to come back in while I'm there.

History is written by the victor, my friend, not by the worst rogue in emu history that I never even saw log back on past that night. Making up PVP stories was so not classic.

fiegi
09-19-2011, 12:20 AM
Damn I got a p99 warning for calling this poster something that rythmes with "tittyit" yes it's not even that bad of a word........... wtf lol. Hope the policing aint that harsh in game my god:mad::mad:

fiegi
09-19-2011, 02:31 AM
ya ive gotten 3 warnings so far from guineapig aka hitler, O NO i mite have to remake a forum name

wife prolly wears the pants in that family, takes out his anger on 4ums