PDA

View Full Version : Bards suck at pvp

Galacticus
09-20-2011, 08:20 PM
True story bro?

Bockscar
09-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Depends what you want the bard to do.

Kill people left and right, unavoidable ganks, take people out faster than they can react? Bard is useless.

Help your group in group PvP more than any other class can do? Bring absurd amounts of PvP utility, from all kinds of CC to the biggest resist buffs in the game, mana/hp regen, to dispels and the invaluable Selo? Bard is king.

It's not an all-purpose PvP class, but it's great if you have a crew.

Yukahwa
09-20-2011, 08:29 PM
And without a crew bard can usually stay alive at the very least.

Bards are sort of hard mode because of the whole carpal tunnel issue, but definitely a really unique and powerful class.

Knuckle
09-20-2011, 08:31 PM
much weaker indoors than vztz now that selos/movement buffs are classic.

Bockscar
09-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Any real gamer who gets carpal tunnel from playing bard is a cripple or something. That's fucking stupid and I don't get why people always say that. Herp derp, you have to press a key every 3 seconds. Any modern game forces you to spam keys without pause for the entire playing session, and playing melee in EQ pretty much does as well. Maybe my grandmother would get carpal tunnel if I introduced her to gaming now at the age of 75, but we're all young men here with highly developed wrist strength from various forms of extended exertion.

Doors
09-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Bards are fine. Get good.

Bockscar
09-20-2011, 08:37 PM
Bards are fine. Get good.

Bards will fail, terrible idea.

naez
Just play better

Galacticus
IS THE STORY TRUE?

Wonton
09-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Any real gamer who gets carpal tunnel from playing bard is a cripple or something. That's fucking stupid and I don't get why people always say that. Herp derp, you have to press a key every 3 seconds. Any modern game forces you to spam keys without pause for the entire playing session, and playing melee in EQ pretty much does as well. Maybe my grandmother would get carpal tunnel if I introduced her to gaming now at the age of 75, but we're all young men here with highly developed wrist strength from various forms of extended exertion.

Anyone with an excess of K's or W's, complemented with a bunch of vowels, obviously is a tard and should be shot on sight.

Spud
09-20-2011, 09:27 PM
aren't bards like unkillable in the outdoor open zones but are le suck in dungeons?

Wonton
09-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Confirmed frequent masshabashun, God is watching you sick fuck.

http://www.atlnightspots.com/2011/boy-dies-after-masturbating-42-times

how does carpal tunnel and a 16 year old boy dieing of masturbation have ANYTHING to do with each other?

vinx
09-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Confirmed frequent masshabashun, God is watching you sick fuck.

http://www.atlnightspots.com/2011/boy-dies-after-masturbating-42-times
not to mention he flushed alot of great athletes down the toilet or the next lady gaga!

coulda set youself up on EQ forever!

vinx
09-20-2011, 09:39 PM
aren't bards like unkillable in the outdoor open zones but are le suck in dungeons?
basically, if you dont act quickly when root/snare lands (IF you can land it before they are oor)
otherwise they just dispell it off

they suck indoors solo, do well with a group
still plenty of tools on em, charm pets , mez etc
but yea alot easier inside

and grats btw on FG!

Darksinga
09-20-2011, 09:51 PM
It depends whether fear/charm is in game to determine how good bards will be.

If fear/charm is in, bards are king. (bard fear is AE) If its not in, well their great in groups, and amazing against casters and pure melees, but vs poison dot classes they don't stand a chance.

Also yeah their pretty bad in dungeons unless fear/charm is in.

Bardalicious
09-20-2011, 09:53 PM
I don't know whats going on in here, but I think I like it.

Spud
09-20-2011, 11:49 PM
basically, if you dont act quickly when root/snare lands (IF you can land it before they are oor)
otherwise they just dispell it off

they suck indoors solo, do well with a group
still plenty of tools on em, charm pets , mez etc
but yea alot easier inside

and grats btw on FG!

Hey thanks Vinx, didn't even realize!

juicedsixfo
09-21-2011, 12:21 AM
It depends whether fear/charm is in game to determine how good bards will be.

I wonder if they'll take out fear completely or make it a stun.

Bockscar
09-21-2011, 01:09 AM
I wonder if they'll take out fear completely or make it a stun.

What, like an 18 sec mez that doesn't break on damage? That's what it was on VZTZ early on (though it didn't work in PvP) and that just made it better than normal fear. Mobs didn't move while feared. Was basically an 18 sec stun for 40 mana, or AoE, permanent and free for bards I guess. And you don't want that.

Fear and charm have no place in PvP. They were removed asap on live for a reason.

Nirgon
09-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Fear does need to work on pets

XiakenjaTZ
09-21-2011, 10:44 AM
It would be really rare that a bard would get 1v1 kills. It just took too long to damage them.

If you goal is to mess with people then bards are great. I remember keeping mezzed for minutes at a time.

Arillious
09-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Bard run speed grouped with melee's makes the melee's so much more effective. Bards have a hard time versus caster's solo and in doors. A good bard rarely should die.

Xareth
09-21-2011, 11:31 AM
It would be really rare that a bard would get 1v1 kills. It just took too long to damage them.

If you goal is to mess with people then bards are great. I remember keeping mezzed for minutes at a time.

The only thing a bard needs for 1v1 kills is time. They will outlast any other class.

And yes, good bards don't die unless it's a fluke.

gloinz
09-21-2011, 11:46 AM
The only thing a bard needs for 1v1 kills is time. They will outlast any other class.

And yes, good bards don't die unless it's a fluke.

pfft childwoman plz bard try and outlast me and i'll throw a hill giant at him

georgie
09-21-2011, 01:18 PM
YOUR NOT BRILL

Lazortag
09-21-2011, 02:19 PM

So then Salty must just be really bad, then?

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6895/saltygg.png

Thought so.

Darksinga
09-21-2011, 03:07 PM
The only caster a bard should lose to is a necromancer.

If your fighting a wizard you can mez blast them, same for a mage, and even a chanter.

Also, charm should poof pets so bards should be pretty clutch on that aspect

Wonton
09-21-2011, 05:11 PM
The only caster a bard should lose to is a necromancer.

If your fighting a wizard you can mez blast them, same for a mage, and even a chanter.

Also, charm should poof pets so bards should be pretty clutch on that aspect

well sorry to break it to you darksinga buddy. fear/charm won't work in pvp and you won't be able poof pets or selos indoors. your corpses will be strewn across norrath

juicedsixfo
09-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Charm and Fear won't work player to player, but you don't know if they will work on pets or not. They should. And you're better off having Charm poof the pet as opposed to being able to command it and turn it on it's owner.

Palemoon
09-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Can you still cast invisibility on people outside your group to poof their pets, like in the old old days? That right there might bring mages/necros back in line.

juicedsixfo
09-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Can you still cast invisibility on people outside your group to poof their pets, like in the old old days? That right there might bring mages/necros back in line.

It's easily countered and if people can't figure it out that's their problem. It should be in.

Bockscar
09-21-2011, 05:16 PM

Probably not.

JayDee
09-21-2011, 05:16 PM
So then Salty must just be really bad, then?

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6895/saltygg.png

Thought so.

holy shit this guy killed Salty alert the media

Wonton
09-21-2011, 05:21 PM
FIRST SEMI-HILARIOUS POST I'VE READ FROM JAYDEE, EVER. KEEP UP THE WORK

Palemoon
09-21-2011, 05:31 PM
It's easily countered and if people can't figure it out that's their problem. It should be in.

By what? casting see invisi on their pets? That never worked. (and still dosent to this day on Alkabor, where pets still die when you turn invisi).

Eventually they made invisi group only because people were griefing each other on blue servers with it destroying pets.

But since this is "classic" I was wondering what the status currently is ..... can you currently cast invisi on people outside your group on the server?

The creation of 100 necros and mages hing on the answer lol.

Darksinga
09-21-2011, 05:50 PM
well sorry to break it to you darksinga buddy. fear/charm won't work in pvp and you won't be able poof pets or selos indoors. your corpses will be strewn across norrath

Hey tard, charm poofed pets on Classic. QQ more. and fear also worked on pets. l2p

As for indoor selos, the only indoor selos song was ABSOLUTE crap, slower than sow. so i really don't care heh

Titanuk
09-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Emp Salt does need need yellow txt