PDA

View Full Version : Shaman PVP

Jokerball
09-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Hello all. I have never played PVP 1 box. I am not trying to play a mainstream class at all. I am very interested in shaman as this is the only class ive played mostly solo in classic.

How are they in PVP in low, mid, and end game?? What classes would be my downfall?

Amuk
09-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Shamans are terrible at pvp.

Pudge
09-21-2011, 06:25 PM
they are actually quite good. good offensive and defensive abilities. i'd pick a troll or ogre

juicedsixfo
09-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Read: http://www.notacult.com/guide_trollshaman.html

But keep in mind it will take a ton of experience to get on that level.

Bockscar
09-21-2011, 07:01 PM
That was also a more innocent time. Most people still didn't know shit, and there's a lot of tricks that make shaman much less powerful in PvP.

juicedsixfo
09-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Shaman is more fun than Necro in my personal opinion, and you can still do well against all the same classes.

juicedsixfo
09-21-2011, 07:18 PM
Shaman with CoF and Hammer of Scourge is fun as hell.

Jokerball
09-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Is this the best shaman weapon as far as dmg/delay goes?

jilena
09-21-2011, 07:35 PM
No, it procs scourge. Free dmgs.

juicedsixfo
09-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Is this the best shaman weapon as far as dmg/delay goes?

Scourge from Naggy is 23-47, Windershinns from Draco/Golems is 20-42, Spiritist Hammer from CT is 22-43.

And Nagafen will probably die long before the other two, so yeah... For early on you can probably get yourself a Treant Staff, 10-35 procs root, around lvl 20.

bakkily
09-22-2011, 12:05 AM
shamans arent too tough to play at all, im still debating though on the ogre or troll, troll regen seems nice, will help with always keeping mana, but then the frontal stun on the ogre, not really certain how pvp wise it'd help, i dont even really understand what it means, that a ogre can keep on casting and not get stunned is my guess

iksars not bad, but too low of health, and thats my main atm on p99, and lvld a barb before him to 50, and enjoy the antonican race's alot more, i did make a troll, and ogre shaman on peq and testing them both out to see who i like more, but with barb, troll, ogre, all do fine the first 10 lvls, because have enough hp to sorta tank mobs while lvling, these races durring the first 10 lvls of pvp shouldnt be too bad either, hell at 9 we get sow.....so we can run away =}, which i know ill be doing often maybe

but then 10-19, not so bad, but to those rolling a shaman, get a tank buddy to duo with, at 19 we get better dots, well in classic they suck, i never did play "the shaman" in classic, just here, and when i started back in 2010 feb, by march i hit 19, and the dots were not bad at all, i could easily solo mm entrance at 24 with canni and these dots and lvl 24 nuke, but then a year later, i sell that account for plat, and reroll a iksar, shit hell goddamit i wish i never did, this iksar makes me feel like i have turrets, if any of you are going to make a joke, feel free i guess, but they then changed to dots to the way it was actually in classic

but after in jan 2011 i think it was, is when they though some say they made the spells worse then classic, but no idea, i did the "mm" snout ring quest and after 12 hours of farming enough on old bitch ex's ranger, after 3 days kunark was out, i hit from lvl 12-40 after the on the 4th day i did my turn ins and skipped the shitty lvls

so my point is for whom ever is deciding the play the shaman, get ready to at sometimes get pissed when things from lvl 1-29 dont go as great, nothing or little did they change about lvls 29-49 spells, besides making our pets stronger, i hope shit man, hope i didnt sound as much retarted as visage in this post, bit perturbed that red99 is'nt up yet, work sucked, off to watch Thor and go to bed

Bockscar
09-22-2011, 12:07 AM
Gatorsmash Maul (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=574)

is it classic?

Bockscar
09-22-2011, 12:11 AM
but then the frontal stun on the ogre, not really certain how pvp wise it'd help, i dont even really understand what it means, that a ogre can keep on casting and not get stunned is my guess

Means you can't be stunned with bash/slam. Credible sources suggest that it worked from behind in PvP too, making ogres immune to "physical" stuns altogether. It's probably the second best PvP racial in the game, right after slam.

bakkily
09-22-2011, 12:23 AM
bockscar, i never saw it on p99, i remember when they finally fixed the blued two handed hammer quest last summer in june 2010, everyone wanted to get the quest done, lol and now its shit

but yea that does seem classic

bakkily
09-22-2011, 12:25 AM
brock, if that is indeed how it works, the regen on a troll is more well to me it seems as a pve thing, helpful for solo, only reason i rolled a iksar because i like to solo, but thinking i may do the ogre instead, well shrinks only lvl 19, i know plenty of outdoor solo and safe grind spots to do, but man are the warbands going to be made to hunt people..

Galacticus
09-22-2011, 12:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agT2GVNQjao

Musori
09-22-2011, 03:15 AM
Shaman with CoF and Hammer of Scourge is fun as hell.

Those where my favorit shamans to pvp on rallos =) I am geting a semi boner from just thinking about looting a CoF from a shaman!

Scribbles
09-22-2011, 03:40 AM
shamans are actually very strong in pvp.. a good strat is as follows:

1) get alot of hp gear, and a great melee weapon with haste
2) root opponent
3) melee them down
4) back away and heal as needed, ur opponent is ROOTED so they cant even stop u from healing !!
5) repeat steps 3 and 4 until victory

strategy works v well if you are fighting an autistic child

fistses
09-22-2011, 11:28 AM
jesus you are all terrible. mines well just quit if you are going to make threads about what class to play, or whose dick to suck, and everyone who replies giving strats is more bluebie cannon fodder i can not wait ot kill.

Sprinkle
09-22-2011, 08:34 PM
first off anyone who says shamans are terrible at pvp has no business even in this forum section

Second they can be complete diesel if played right , both as a debuffer / finisher or as support

Anyone who played on rallos knew that curse had 2-3 shamans that played very very well , and even up in later expansions shamans were awesome at pvp

im sure there is still a thousand videos online of them stealing windblades and higher end weapons by disarming and finishing quickly , go watch one

i think 2.0 melee' s pretty much were the breaking point in casters tho , after that all casters got farmed by melee for a long long time

JayDee
09-22-2011, 08:36 PM
cant stand it when people say Shayman

that is all i have to offer this thread

Sprinkle
09-22-2011, 08:40 PM
is that campo basso paisan wine in your sig? are you an old italian fart

or carlo rossi

Tillan
09-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Shamans are beast in pvp. would play one over a necro anyday.

bakkily
09-22-2011, 09:10 PM
yea ive decided shaman over ranger, i think while in my time at p99, this is the only class i played besides gimp rangers =}

Xantille
09-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Means you can't be stunned with bash/slam. Credible sources suggest that it worked from behind in PvP too, making ogres immune to "physical" stuns altogether. It's probably the second best PvP racial in the game, right after slam.

False, at least on VZTZ. You could land stuns on ogres just fine-- it just took extra time to circle strafe behind and stun them, which is often the difference b/w channeling spells and not channeling them.

Bockscar
09-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Blart's original guide from RZ specifically points out that ogre stun immunity works from all sides. I wouldn't take anything that happened on VZTZ as classic canon.

Xantille
09-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Blart's original guide from RZ specifically points out that ogre stun immunity works from all sides. I wouldn't take anything that happened on VZTZ as classic canon.

Or he just PvPed against a bunch of Downs syndrome cases, which sounds accurate given everything I've heard about RZ. I'm not sure 'frontal stun immunity' is a fiction limited to VZTZ alone.

Bockscar
09-22-2011, 09:22 PM
We'll never really know for sure, but the safe bet would be to keep it frontal only.