PDA

View Full Version : Proposed ruleset

Bockscar
09-22-2011, 10:51 PM
This isn't for discussing the merits of various features, just to see what people actually want the server ruleset to look like. People have presented their arguments enough times in the other threads. My wish list:

Teams: FFA

Level range: +/- 8 and with the dynamic range system for healing OOR targets (but only for heals and HP buffs)

PvP begins at: level 6

Loot model: Coins plus 1 item from inventory/bags, excluding primary/secondary items (would prefer no itemloot but that looks unlikely given the GM statements)

XP loss/gain: neither (don't care too heavily about XP loss, we had it on SZ and it wasn't a big deal at all, but most seem against it)

PnP: No trains, everything else is moderated by playerbase including LnS

returnofahipster
09-22-2011, 10:54 PM
PERFECT!!!!!!!!!

Yukahwa
09-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Bockstar Only thing I would reconsider is that huge level range which isn't very compatible with item loot or actual pvp competition.

I agree about XP loss/gain

I disagree about looting from bags. Makes too much trouble for people that need multiple weapons or primary hand items. I think bagging is a legitimate strategy and as long as no one is cheating with bag macro's its totally fair. If someone is bagging their gear they are going to die. To catch someone off guard enough that they can't bag their stuff is the entire challenge.

Amuk
09-22-2011, 10:57 PM
A hero. Someone of admirable traits or qualities. All of us have a hero. To some, a hero might be their favorite actor or musician. To others, someone closer to home, like a father or uncle. But what is hero? It means different things to different people.

Many find people of fame or importance their heroes. A patriotic American supporting the war in Iraq may think George Bush is a hero, while others believe he every decision he makes is wrong. On the flip side, Muslims may find Osama Bin Ladin hero for fighting for their for their religious beliefs, while some despise him for getting them involved in war. Actors are often portrayed as the heroes of many younger people. You may watch ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ and find Johnny Depp your hero. Many people ignore the reality and praise actors for their fictional deeds.

Fictional character have, too, sown their way into the hearts of people everywhere. Fictional characters are easy to respect, for they can never prove themselves wrong unless they are meant to within their stories. They do only as intended by their creators, and the creators includes heroic traits in these characters based upon their views on what hero is. In movies, they often become heroes based on appearance or strength, while in books they are valued for their heroic deeds, such as killing great beasts or surviving impossible feats against nature. In the media, what a hero is differs greatly.

Lastly, we come to the heroes of myth and legend. They are admired for many of the same things found in media. Strength, impossible feats etc. In the story of Peach boy, an old Japanese legend, a boy born from a giant peach is found in the forest by an elderly couple and raised as a normal child. He ends up undertaking a great quest, in which he sails the a far off island and kills the trouble making demon that resides there. He returns home with the treasure the demon had stolen and lives happily ever after. Not all heroes, however, live “happily ever after”. In the story of Jason and the Argonauts, Jason takes on a perilous quest in order to regain his country. Along the way, he conquers many dangers, and marries a witch named Media. He ends up being banished from his kingdom and throne by those who feared his wife. He lived a weary life as a trouble man, and ends up being killed when a part of his ship, that had rotted through the ages, falls and kills him. Either way, they are admired for their heroic deeds.

In conclusion, heroes are seen everywhere, and are kept in the hearts of those who admire hem. Whether the heroes ends justify his means, that is left up to those who hear of their tales. A hero differs greatly to many people, and it has always been that way. Admire them for their traits and model yourself after them and you may become someone’s hero one day as well.

returnofahipster
09-22-2011, 11:00 PM
Very inspiring amuk, yet im quite uncertian of what inspired it.

vinx
09-22-2011, 11:05 PM
prolly this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iovcnjuf2WU

Galacticus
09-22-2011, 11:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GNmKDRvtUY

SaveTheSack
09-22-2011, 11:14 PM
I agree with XP loss/gain.

Amuk, very moving; I've been crying since you posted.

Knuckle
09-22-2011, 11:18 PM
only thing id consider is level 1 pvp within 1 level untill level 6

Amuk
09-22-2011, 11:19 PM
I watched that whole video holy shit, and i am here to serve ur all welcome.

Bockscar
09-22-2011, 11:22 PM
only thing id consider is level 1 pvp within 1 level untill level 6

I just don't see the point of level 1 PvP. It serves no purpose and all it does is make it impossible to get started if there's anyone doing it in the area. You could equip a rusty scythe and stand at the city gate two-shotting everyone who zones out, you have like 25 HP at level 1.

Knuckle
09-22-2011, 11:49 PM
yeah man feels good

Pudge
09-22-2011, 11:52 PM
guys i think you're all confused about this level 1 pvp. i believe it was said.. pvp AFTER level one. aka level 2+

so ppl can use their mules to trade

jilena
09-23-2011, 12:01 AM
My wishlist!

Teams: FFA

Level range: +/- 5 for assessing penalty/loot. All levels for killing. Dynamic system to assess penalty outside of range when attacking/assisting with heals or "first" hit.

PvP begins at: Level 1

Loot model: Coin loot only is ideal, don't really care all that much beyond the fact that item loot is easily exploited. No decision here will affect my choice to play.

XP loss/gain: Loss within penalty range or based on dynamic rules. No gain.

PnP: Ideally no PnP. LnS should be player policed, corpse/bind camping player policed, training player policed, etc. Do not care that much in the end though.

Barn
09-23-2011, 12:07 AM
I would prefer no looting from bags. You can take my cheesy chest item for the first few weeks, or my cool hat, but stay away from the gemstones I've gathered for the Guild's jeweler!

Mafakka
09-23-2011, 12:10 AM
I should read more.

But for serious, bag loot is bull shit. Inventory + top level inventory is good if any item loot.

No bag loot.