PDA

View Full Version : 8 lvls +/-

Jacko
09-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Hello I am blubie fodder for all you guys to destroy. My question is within the games dynamic I do not see even the most skilled lvl 42 beating the most horribad lvl 50 . Can some of you experienced guys chime in on this ?

Thanks !

Palemoon
09-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Hello I am blubie fodder for all you guys to destroy. My question is within the games dynamic I do not see even the most skilled lvl 42 beating the most horribad lvl 50 . Can some of you experienced guys chime in on this ?

Thanks !

It can happen.

Also, having a greater level range means you have to be responsible towards a bigger slice of the player base. You are a level 50 wiz who starts KSing the mobs of a lvl 42 SK? SK waits off in a corner until you are low on health and rushes up for the HT. OR, a lvl 46 druid runs up and attacks you after you've bullied said SK... SK jumps in and help the druid finish you.

A lvl 42 anything could even just come back after you've ran him off and dispel your SoW, and dispel the snare on your mobs that you are quading (in the wiz example) and basically mess you up.

I think it also keeps people "nicer". On blue servers, its common to just tottaly ignore other people. Here, you ignore them at your peril.

I kinda almost want no level ranges, but the "dynamic" level range can work I guess.

lethdar
09-23-2011, 12:10 PM
A skilled 42 will shit all over a lvl 50 quite often. One of the nice things about this game is that a well played character can beat other people when outgeared and outleveled.

lethdar
09-23-2011, 12:12 PM
42 necro is almost as dangerous as a lvl 50 one to most casters, shaman have their second best dots, you can eat cbolts instead of lavabolts from mages, sks can still snare and slam/smash the shit outta you, intelligent priests can still outlast higher lvl dps, and the list goes on.

Nirgon
09-23-2011, 12:18 PM
Depends on the hit/resist code Rogean&Null have worked out. Yes, it is very possible for a 42 to kill a 50 especially with the right gear or situational advantage.

Yukahwa
09-23-2011, 02:35 PM
Not very possible for level 12's to beat level 20's though.

dusk883
09-23-2011, 02:41 PM
If it wasn't possible, it really shouldn't matter. EQ is a game of "shit happens" and why shouldn't it apply to the pvp portion? It shouldn't and it didn't in 99-2001 anyway which is also a reason we're here today waiting to play pvp on a game older than dirt.

9 of 10 pvp fights back in the day, IMHO, where there was 8 levels difference... it was over in a minute for the higher guy no matter how shitty the guy is.

I know bc I was one of those shitty players

Silikten
09-23-2011, 02:51 PM
60 was a whole new dynamic with gear etc. This is level 50 pvp. Much, much, different.

Atmas
09-23-2011, 02:52 PM
In 1 v 1 its almost the higher lvl guy will win in a 8 lvl range. The exceptions being something like a wizard is oom or a melee is at 10% health at the start of the fight.

However multiple lower lvls can have success killing fewer higher lvls.

Ravenlof
09-23-2011, 03:16 PM
NO LVL LIMITS! VOTE NOW

lethdar
09-23-2011, 03:17 PM
So many dumb bluebies saying shit like "not very possible for 12s to beat 20s" and "In 1 v 1 its almost always the higher lvl that wins."

Bockscar
09-23-2011, 03:18 PM
It's just that with too narrow a level range, you run into situations where there's someone you legitimately need to kill but can't. Say you want to camp hill giants in Rathe mtns, there's a level 36 druid there and you're a level 42 wizard. But the level range is 5 and you just can't do anything. The camp is suitable for both players and they should be able to PvP over it. 8 levels is a pretty good medium where it's almost impossible that two people would compete for the same content without being in range, and not so wide that you can grief lowbies. A level 42-43ish definitely can put up a fight against a level 50, especially if the lower level is a stronger class.

lethdar
09-23-2011, 03:23 PM
That scenario is good example of the pvp that might take place as well. Any intelligent 36 druid is going to demolish the 42 wizard despite the level difference.

jilena
09-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Remove level limits a la sullon plox.

Bockscar
09-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Remove level limits a la sullon plox.

No thanks. That was fucking retarded. Literally the only purpose that served was so level 60s could run around griefing lowbies, there's no conceivable benefit from it. With an 8-level range, you're pretty much guaranteed to be in range with other people in the same content. We don't need level 50s camping the Crushbone entrance, and that's the only thing that a lack of level range causes.

dusk883
09-23-2011, 04:42 PM
sorry dusk i dont remember being level 60 and dying 1v1 to a lvl 52... stick to blue99, U WONT MAKE IT PAL

That was my point, weirdo.

Anyway, never played blue more than a few hours, I was a TZ only player from 99-03.

Next.

Atmas
09-23-2011, 05:18 PM
So many dumb bluebies saying shit like "not very possible for 12s to beat 20s" and "In 1 v 1 its almost always the higher lvl that wins."

So many people dumb emuers who didn't play live PvP don't understand how big an impact lvl difference is.

I played TZ from around inception to a few months before merger. If you think a lvl 12 is going to beat a 20 on equal ground then you have played with some bads or horridly non classic source code is in the mix.

lethdar
09-23-2011, 05:29 PM
So many people dumb emuers who didn't play live PvP don't understand how big an impact lvl difference is.

I played TZ from around inception to a few months before merger. If you think a lvl 12 is going to beat a 20 on equal ground then you have played with some bads or horridly non classic source code is in the mix.

You are really really dumb, fo real. I played on live as well, and theres a 0% chance any melee is going to win against a necro, mage, shaman, druid, etc etc unless heavily twinked or buying pumice very early, and even then its doubtful(not likely gonna happen unless they're rolling in bling on red99 at this lvl).

You don't start with a T staff to 1 round casters on red99 pal, l2play

Galacticus
09-23-2011, 05:40 PM
8 levels is fine.

If you cant take someone out at 42 because they are 50 then get a group or move on.

The smaller the pvp radius the less pvp will happen.

Atmas
09-23-2011, 06:06 PM
You are really really dumb, fo real. I played on live as well, and theres a 0% chance any melee is going to win against a necro, mage, shaman, druid, etc etc unless heavily twinked or buying pumice very early, and even then its doubtful(not likely gonna happen unless they're rolling in bling on red99 at this lvl).

You don't start with a T staff to 1 round casters on red99 pal, l2play

Yeah casters are definitely going to be up in the beginning but you really think a lvl 20 SK or monk, has 0 % chance to beat a lvl 12 mage or even necro?

Things like lifetap will land because of a 200 resist modifier but if this server is actually based on live resists there is a 10 to resist per lvl difference so not much else.

On the positive note your rants are very classic, nostalgia.

Titanuk
09-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Yeah casters are definitely going to be up in the beginning but you really think a lvl 20 SK or monk, has 0 % chance to beat a lvl 12 mage or even necro?

sk and monk are different pal

lethdar
09-23-2011, 06:14 PM

Things like lifetap will land because of a 200 resist modifier but if this server is actually based on live resists there is a 10 to resist per lvl difference so not much else.

On the positive note your rants are very classic, nostalgia.

Holy fucking newbie comparing sk and monk in the same sentence.

And is that "even" necro? Jesus you're bad.

Titanuk
09-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Please Calm down my Queen, this lesser isnt worth your time

Pudge
09-23-2011, 06:35 PM

Thanks !

i hear on p99 level differences mean more than what it did on vztz. however pvp is going to get balanced soo.. i assume lower levels should still be able to land some spells/hit their opponents at a reasonable rate

Crenshinabon
09-23-2011, 07:42 PM
There should be 0 penatly for level difference as far as resist and to hit goes.
As if better spells/more hp/better gear is not enough?

I played a MMO called Aion and past 4 level range in pvp spells has a 90% resist rate and would never land on higher level players. I quit because of this mechanic.