PDA

View Full Version : The BAMF's ruleset

C5BAMF
09-24-2011, 01:23 PM
FFA PVP
Call it compromise. This will allow for players to settle their own differences and save GM's the headache of getting involved, while lessening the need for players to train each other. Don't want to get pk'd? Respect the other player and his space, the community will develop its own standards such as "loot and scoot".
+/- 8 levels for a traditional range

Languages
Enforced PvP Teams can lead to issues such as sideline healing and training. However we can encourage teams by having races speak their native languages until they learn a common tongue. This also adds to immersion.

No item loot
Rallos Zek was one hell of a server, but we don't have the community to support it.

Include coin loot
Encourages more trade in towns where banks are close (this is good for new players and low levels), contributes as an award for pvp kills.

Include exp on pvp death
Nothing says "think before you act" more than the sting of exp loss in classic EQ. This will resolve bind rushing and keep lv60s actively PvEing to maintain their balance, also stimulating the community.

C5BAMF
09-24-2011, 02:01 PM
fixed

You were expecting no foul language on a pvp server?

And by lore, Trolls and Dwarves aren't exactly merry together now are they?

C5BAMF
09-24-2011, 02:10 PM
by lore, whites and blacks arent exactly merry together are they?
/thread

Nor Foxes and Hounds.
http://www.acigawis.co.uk/foxhunt2.jpg

juicedsixfo
09-24-2011, 02:12 PM
I don't think Foxx understand analogies.

C5BAMF
09-24-2011, 02:21 PM
contrary to popular belief, we r best pals

I guess I can see where you are coming from.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_E2Wa1M6x1fI/SrwSHsyeh4I/AAAAAAAADn8/Ld-Y7vgAGjk/s400/todandcopperbecomefastfriends.jpg

Pudge
09-24-2011, 02:33 PM
FFA PVP
Call it compromise. This will allow for players to settle their own differences and save GM's the headache of getting involved, while lessening the need for players to train each other. Don't want to get pk'd? Respect the other player and his space, the community will develop its own standards such as "loot and scoot".
+/- 8 levels for a traditional range

Languages
Enforced PvP Teams can lead to issues such as sideline healing and training. However we can encourage teams by having races speak their native languages until they learn a common tongue. This also adds to immersion.

No item loot
Rallos Zek was one hell of a server, but we don't have the community to support it.

Include coin loot
Encourages more trade in towns where banks are close (this is good for new players and low levels), contributes as an award for pvp kills.

Include exp on pvp death
Nothing says "think before you act" more than the sting of exp loss in classic EQ. This will resolve bind rushing and keep lv60s actively PvEing to maintain their balance, also stimulating the community.

i agree with all of this, and think the languages thing would be interesting.

Rushmore
09-24-2011, 02:52 PM
exp loss on exp death will add to the amount of griefing on the server. making exp loss worst than item loot and will insure a lesser number of people playing the box.

if you guys want less targets than sure. Also the same lot of you asking for this will be asking in the near future it be taken out of the game when people are killing you repeatably.

If i can kill you to get you out of my way cool. but if i can keep killing you so that you lose your level its worth my time.

do we want to encourage this?

Sprinkle
09-24-2011, 03:25 PM
how will including exp on pvp death resolve anything but make tons of people quit

how many times have you been killed and been camped / farmed several times on the way to your corpse

the server would be empty in 3 days , none of your stupid ideas are good , and 8 levels for pvp range is shit , it should be 6

item loot? i cant deal with rallos again , coin is fine , but there will be no reward for pvp players im sure they will bank after they farm mobs dur

valithteezee
09-24-2011, 03:34 PM

Yeah, that would actually be pretty cool. Only being able to speak your native tongues could be a fun twist.

valithteezee
09-24-2011, 03:37 PM
exp loss on exp death will add to the amount of griefing on the server. making exp loss worst than item loot and will insure a lesser number of people playing the box.

if you guys want less targets than sure. Also the same lot of you asking for this will be asking in the near future it be taken out of the game when people are killing you repeatably.

If i can kill you to get you out of my way cool. but if i can keep killing you so that you lose your level its worth my time.

Couldn't this be remedied by placing code that you couldn't lose xp from the same person within 60 minutes, 24 hours- whatever is decided.

canardvc
09-24-2011, 03:38 PM
/yawn

Everyone and his granma is coming with his own rulset now.

FFA, coin loot, standard. Xp loss on pvp isn't interesting, just more grief over newbs and isolated players as said pledge. I wouldn't mind item loot, but if we can get 100+ pop without it i'd rather not have it.

canardvc
09-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Yeah, that would actually be pretty cool. Only being able to speak your native tongues could be a fun twist.

Yeah noone's using vent or anything :rolleyes:

From day 2 on you'll see hordes of trolls dwarves and elves running in premade guilds groups anyway racial language or not

solid
09-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Languages

The servers only going to have a few hundred people, we shouldn't be in the business of hardcoing splitting up/isolating the playerbase.

Yukahwa
09-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Yeah just regular rallos ruleset seems to be the way to go.

C5BAMF
09-24-2011, 03:51 PM

I'm flexible on this topic. The mindset I had originally was that it could be included however the effect would be determined on other grounds. Potentially exp loss could be a set percentage or scale with level, and not necessarily be a large amount. ie: 1% loss on death per ten levels; 6% loss on death at lv60.

Additionally, players have been known to purposely force exp death on you by attacking you while in PvE and walking away leaving you at 10% hp for the mob to finish you off. Exp death is no stranger to pvp, this idea is just taking effect by the horns and accepting it.

C5BAMF
09-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Yeah noone's using vent or anything :rolleyes:

From day 2 on you'll see hordes of trolls dwarves and elves running in premade guilds groups anyway racial language or not

Which is fine because there is no rule against cross teaming. However new characters and unguilded may initially develop more of a buddy system, leaning more towards who they know and can speak to, while cautious of the unknown and more open territories.

Ravenlof
09-24-2011, 04:29 PM

2nd

canardvc
09-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Which is fine because there is no rule against cross teaming. However new characters and unguilded may initially develop more of a buddy system, leaning more towards who they know and can speak to, while cautious of the unknown and more open territories.

Yep, and given the pop which is prolly gonna be pretty low it's nice that they can develop it with any other race

Yukahwa
09-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Interesting but pointless. The prepared will be on vent And for the rest it will be an inconvenience that will just add to the pvp frustration. Besides the game is about socializing..to make thaincludedt difficult in game is dumb. Its just not a well thought out part of eq. Thid is really a, bad idea.

Rushmore
09-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Couldn't this be remedied by placing code that you couldn't lose xp from the same person within 60 minutes, 24 hours- whatever is decided.

compromise is always good in my book. but what if 5 people are camping you?

klant
09-24-2011, 04:59 PM
The servers only going to have a few hundred people, we shouldn't be in the business of hardcoing splitting up/isolating the playerbase.

Ya server will not have the population for languages or race splitting. If you nerd wawnt to role play go back to blue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

C5BAMF
09-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Interesting but pointless. The prepared will be on vent And for the rest it will be an inconvenience that will just add to the pvp frustration. Besides the game is about socializing..to make thaincludedt difficult in game is dumb. Its just not a well thought out part of eq. Thid is really a, bad idea.

If you want a healthy server you've got to support starting cities and provide the means for new blood to learn the game. This rule set could very well do that and more.
Starting out, players would be encouraged to socialize with the other players of the city (who are already there to bank, sell, train and trade) and new characters of the low level grounds in order to discover allies and better their odds in the world.
Over time those players will encounter other players that wish to group and by hunting with them the language barrier lessens and you continue to communicate with even more players.

C5BAMF
09-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Ya server will not have the population for languages or race splitting. If you nerd wawnt to role play go back to blue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

Cool bookmark bro. Did you know you were playing a D&D based game?

This doesn't split races, it merely provides an atmosphere for new players to familiarize themselves to the game without being 100% chop liver. You can still run your happy ass over to crushbone and join groups.

Pudge
09-24-2011, 05:20 PM
as i've said before.. to get players to socialize and make new friends at the begining, just have pre-made guilds that they are a part of. make starting cities/races whatever have a guild you are automatically enrolled in upon character creation.

if someone wants to leave the newb guild to fight them or join his friends, then he just leaves. that's it though, no going back. becuse the newb guild would have no officers/leader (other than maybe a GM could put you back)

klant
09-24-2011, 05:36 PM
If you want a healthy server you've got to support starting cities and provide the means for new blood to learn the game. This rule set could very well do that and more.
Starting out, players would be encouraged to socialize with the other players of the city (who are already there to bank, sell, train and trade) and new characters of the low level grounds in order to discover allies and better their odds in the world.
Over time those players will encounter other players that wish to group and by hunting with them the language barrier lessens and you continue to communicate with even more players.

Sorry bra I just don't see how limiting who you can talk to encourages socializing, especially if server pop isn't really high. If some "new blood" joins the server I think they could learn a lot more if he was able to talk to more people.. I think you live a bluebie fantasy land

Silikten
09-24-2011, 05:42 PM
all bad ideas by OP.

valithteezee
09-24-2011, 05:57 PM
compromise is always good in my book. but what if 5 people are camping you?

Honestly, if someone is cc'ing log out and play league of legends for an hour. Problem solved.