PDA

View Full Version : Is pet damage being returned to P99 launch code?

hayden
09-25-2011, 11:52 AM
This will be a huge factor in whether I'd play a necro/mage.

joetheman
09-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks for bringing that up. I just started and realized my mage pet kind of sucked. Are the pets not as good in this server?

hayden
09-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Thanks for bringing that up. I just started and realized my mage pet kind of sucked. Are the pets not as good in this server?

They used to be godly, but they were nerfed and I would describe them as complete shit compared to their former self. In general though, they're okay. My 47 necro pet can't solo blues and barely kills light blues, but that's probably how it is intended.

Humerox
09-25-2011, 11:59 AM

Pet nerf was a long while back. They don't automatically dual wield either (must be equipped)...most mages took it with grace. Kinda sucks for necros tho.

joetheman
09-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Ok, understandable. But were the pets this weak in classic? I dont really care if its fair or not, if they want a classic server they should have classic everything (including strong pets).

Greenkrak
09-25-2011, 01:31 PM
lol @ that picture i see every thread

hayden
09-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Ok, understandable. But were the pets this weak in classic? I dont really care if its fair or not, if they want a classic server they should have classic everything (including strong pets).

I never played classic so this is just from what I've heard, but yes pets were way OP in classic as well. I don't know when that changed. The "but it's classic!" line doesn't really seem to work around here for most things. It's a wonder to me why they then put in changes like removing spell sets (just dumb).

chawgtar
09-25-2011, 01:33 PM
I only ever got my necro to level 30 in classic but i do distinctly remember it not holding aggro well at all and me fear kiting/aggro kiting everything

Humerox
09-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Ok, understandable. But were the pets this weak in classic?

No, they weren't. Rogean basically said tough titties, deal with it. The arguments, rants and flames were duly noted, lol.

vinx
09-25-2011, 01:50 PM
^^ This

I dont think your going to see classic pets here

Lazortag
09-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Pets aren't "weak" at all on p99, I think you guys have gotten too used to how pets are on other eqemu servers. They still solo amazingly well. How it is now is very close to classic, the only "nerf" is that pets aren't given the delay of the weapons they wield (so two rusty daggers won't make your pet hit faster). Also they don't dual wield automatically but that's correct for the timeline.

joetheman
09-25-2011, 01:53 PM
how do you make them duel wield?

vinx
09-25-2011, 01:54 PM
otehr emu comparsions should be left out of P99 talk
(besides vztz comparisons that are sometimes releveant to prove a point)

The pets we have on P99 are alot weaker then live classic+ pets
the no duel weilding is legit tho

joetheman
09-25-2011, 01:56 PM
No, they weren't. Rogean basically said tough titties, deal with it. The arguments, rants and flames were duly noted, lol.

Well I dont understand this server then. They enforced classic graphics, classics, everything, but they are not going to make classic pets? Even the graphics on the pets arent classic yet the character models are? Im sorry, im just a little confused.

hayden
09-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Pets aren't "weak" at all on p99, I think you guys have gotten too used to how pets are on other eqemu servers. They still solo amazingly well. How it is now is very close to classic, the only "nerf" is that pets aren't given the delay of the weapons they wield (so two rusty daggers won't make your pet hit faster). Also they don't dual wield automatically but that's correct for the timeline.

This isn't true - the frequency of getting their maximum hit was reduced dramatically and cut their DPS a TON. Pets used to typically always hit near the maximum. Now it's pretty damn rare.

Lazortag
09-25-2011, 02:04 PM
If you have proof that the pets are not classic (apart from the delay issue which is client-side I think), post it instead of crying about it please.

This isn't true - the frequency of getting their maximum hit was reduced dramatically and cut their DPS a TON. Pets used to typically always hit near the maximum. Now it's pretty damn rare.

Pets hitting for their maximum all the time was not classic. There used to be serious problems with pet mitigation/damage that have (thankfully) been fixed. Level ~40 pets used to mitigate damage on mobs like the spiroc lord better than level 50 warriors. You really want to go back to that?

nilbog
09-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Pets on the other emulators are generally are very wrong.. and very much in the OP category.

They aren't that far from classically accurate on p99 now. I think some additional work on npc vs pet hate is needed, but the damage and ac are correct.

And you can see your elementals using the classic models. Choose it in Options, uncheck Luclin elementals and horses. Alternately, you can change UseLuclinElementals=TRUE to UseLuclinElementals=FALSE in your eqclient.ini file.

vinx
09-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Pets on the other emulators are generally are very wrong.. and very much in the OP category.

They aren't that far from classically accurate on p99 now. I think some additional work on npc vs pet hate is needed, but the damage and ac are correct.
BAM!
there ya go lazor... and im not whining, just stating that i felt they were off compared to live.
The DPS does feel about right, but their agro control is off
i used to roll with a druid (later boxed cleric) so cant really judge the beefiness correctly, but it seems about right

joetheman
09-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks Nilbog, I can see the good ol fluffy pets again~!

hayden
09-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Pets hitting for their maximum all the time was not classic. There used to be serious problems with pet mitigation/damage that have (thankfully) been fixed. Level ~40 pets used to mitigate damage on mobs like the spiroc lord better than level 50 warriors. You really want to go back to that?

I wasn't saying it was classic, I was negating where you said that the only thing that changed was their delay. Don't have to be such a baby about it.

Humerox
09-25-2011, 04:04 PM

The delay and dual wield is really what I was referring to...pets are closer to classic than they were before the tweaks, but at lower levels the weaknesses are more noticeable. It all evens out, tho.

Bockscar
09-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Let's please not have pets that invariably hit for 45+ and quad every round without fail. Or we could go the VZTZ route and have earth pet root unresistable, fire pet cast conflagration...

lethdar
09-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Pets should stay what they're at currently on p99.

Lazortag
09-25-2011, 05:28 PM
I wasn't saying it was classic, I was negating where you said that the only thing that changed was their delay. Don't have to be such a baby about it.

Why are you even asking about pets being changed back to how they were at the launch of p99, if you don't think it's classic? You know that red99 is attempting to be a classic server right?

bamzal
09-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Why are you even asking about pets being changed back to how they were at the launch of p99, if you don't think it's classic? You know that red99 is attempting to be a classic server right?

^

JayDee
09-25-2011, 06:24 PM
pets didnt do jack shit on live if you had good ac and mage pet spells like stun and root never landed if you had mr

Silikten
09-25-2011, 06:34 PM
only pet that owned was epic. Period. No other pet ability ever landed...

vinx
09-25-2011, 06:37 PM
oh cmon now..

i played a mage on VZ and my pets rooted and stunned plenty

vinx
09-25-2011, 06:39 PM
imo posts like these :
pets didnt do jack shit on live if you had good ac and mage pet spells like stun and root never landed if you had mr
are post by elitists that are scared to go thru 1-50 with mages until they get 120mr
saddle up and quit bitchin

Silikten
09-25-2011, 07:09 PM
You are naive. And also clearly terrible at PvP. My original main character was a mage. The only thing that got stunned/rooted were NPCs, period.

"saddle up?"...wow, i really hope your in game char is the same as boards because I will be riding you all the time. Hows that sound?

vinx
09-25-2011, 08:44 PM
You are naive. And also clearly terrible at PvP. My original main character was a mage. The only thing that got stunned/rooted were NPCs, period.

"saddle up?"...wow, i really hope your in game char is the same as boards because I will be riding you all the time. Hows that sound?
see what happens when you PL thru all those levels and avoid pvp?
you get in a range where everyone has 120mr and think your class suks

L2P legit imo

And yes my name will be my ingame name, you think threats are spose to scare me? this is a pvp server son. play and be played

Silikten
09-25-2011, 09:15 PM
see what happens when you PL thru all those levels and avoid pvp?
you get in a range where everyone has 120mr and think your class suks

L2P legit imo

And yes my name will be my ingame name, you think threats are spose to scare me? this is a pvp server son. play and be played

Can't wait. And it's not a threat, just a statement.

Rust1d?
09-25-2011, 11:15 PM
The biggest problem with classic eq was that classes like warriors, rangers and a few others were just plain horrible. So, instead of buffing those characters, they nerfed others, like pet classes and druids. Just sucks that this problem is not corrected the right way and still follows how the morons at soe did things.

Sorath
09-25-2011, 11:23 PM

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/Style888/NOTRDY.png

boss
09-25-2011, 11:31 PM
air pet worked for pvp live. earth did not. thats with resists i mean

Silikten
09-25-2011, 11:40 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/Style888/NOTRDY.png

Yeah, I totally get what you are trying to say...

vinx
09-26-2011, 12:21 AM
threat, statement.. its all the same
hear it all the time on pvp servers, im suprised anyone still thinks that works
another real mage chimes in

Silikten
09-26-2011, 12:50 AM

another real mage chimes in

i played a mage on VZ and my pets rooted and stunned plenty

Idiot

vinx
09-26-2011, 12:55 AM
I can play that game
now who's the idiot?
did you even play live pvp? lmao

vinx
09-26-2011, 12:57 AM
if i were you id quit posting
or not, your giving quite a few lurkers a chuckle

Silikten
09-26-2011, 01:04 AM
I stand by what I said. Nothing I said contradicts myself. Haha, you are such an idiot. :)

vinx
09-26-2011, 01:18 AM
:D:D:D

Im bored

Silikten
09-26-2011, 01:26 AM
and stupid :D

vinx
09-26-2011, 01:27 AM
why cuz im messin with ya? hahah

Twosmoke
09-26-2011, 05:56 AM
what about the pvp pet damage? played a mage on rallos and that stupid 2/3 pvp damage was a strong nerf esp. to mages.

Jong
09-26-2011, 11:26 AM
I have to agree with Silikten here. Vinx, you are defending a version of mage pets that is more OP and further from what was on classic than what is implemented on P1999 servers currently. If anything, you're attempting to protect an unfair advantage, and it is you who needs to learn how to play. I've seen Silikten play, and as I recall he's decent, but I've never heard of your bitchass.

(<--VZTZ 2.0 original Jabober back in the house, whattup yall)

beentheredonethat
09-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Are pets only nerfed on pvp server or on blue as well? Does this affect pve damage in any way?

solid
09-26-2011, 12:23 PM
My pal Drazid would destroy w/e newbie he's arguing with.

Furthermore, hi Jong.

Andis
09-26-2011, 12:25 PM
so whats the deal here with the mage pets? they have been nerfed in p99 code?

vinx
09-26-2011, 12:36 PM
I have to agree with Silikten here. Vinx, you are defending a version of mage pets that is more OP and further from what was on classic than what is implemented on P1999 servers currently. If anything, you're attempting to protect an unfair advantage.
everyone already knows pets are slightly weaker on P99 then on live classic

im not defending OP pets.. im just saying its ridonkulous that pet abilities never landed on anyone on live.
may have never landed on emu, but dont confuse the two. they are hardly the same.
and it is you who needs to learn how to play. I've seen Silikten play, and as I recall he's decent, but I've never heard of your bitchass.

(<--VZTZ 2.0 original Jabober back in the house, whattup yall)
I wouldnt play those hack infested boxes.. could sorta deal with it on live until the population got smaller and smaller.
why would i play on an even smaller pop server with twice the acks?

Crenshinabon
09-26-2011, 01:26 PM
As far as I know Rogean's server is only one with real anti hack implemented.

vinx
09-26-2011, 01:36 PM
As far as I know Rogean's server is only one with real anti hack implemented.
yea thats why i, as well as plenty others i spose. are stoked to play it!
ruleset doesnt matter to me as much as anti-hacks

Silikten
09-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Solid/Jong are both mages haha. I would agree with those two over nearly every player here.

p.s. gonna be fun when vztz box represents the carnage

Graym
09-27-2011, 07:01 AM
This is classic right? All pets die when the player zones like it was on live?

nilbog
09-27-2011, 09:23 AM
This is classic right? All pets die when the player zones like it was on live?

Correct

Lasher
09-27-2011, 09:28 AM
will pets be able to be charmed by player? as like it was on live up into velious?

Nimblerot
09-27-2011, 10:09 AM
^ Solid question. I remember bards used to be able to charm a pet, uncharm it and it would despawn. Since pvp balance was never changed, this was in the game until late late Velious... shit was so broken.

Also, don't worry about Silikten, he'll be banned for cheating like he was on VZTZ in no time!

dusk883
09-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Random TZ memory, will never forget an air pet during Kunark era wipe out a 3 man "Pandemonium" group assisted with two cleric heals. Actual pet owner was in the bank half a zone away.

dusk883
09-27-2011, 11:23 AM
will pets be able to be charmed by player? as like it was on live up into velious?

Since Chanters cant charm players, this really needs to be the case IMHO