PDA

View Full Version : Can You Relate to...

Azu
09-25-2011, 03:01 PM
its a bit long, but at least read my post before ya flame me too hard :P

anyways, First off there is so much"I'm so Red ect. ect. Come at me Bro!" Which would Represent the more Hardcore Pvper's. (Reds)

Then we have the more passive Pve "lets Camp X spawn for 14 hours, then Camp X Raid Target for Days and Get phat Lewtz!" (Blues)

Neither is right or wrong, but one thing i never did get tho is Why so Extreme with the all or nothing "Red this, Blue as fuck that." is there really no middle ground? As a Hardcore MMO'er (No Lifer) of god knows how many years and just about every Major MMO and some lesser Known that has hit the Market i can say that i love pvp.

EQ was my first MMO and not even knowing what a pvp server was i picked Vazaelle, A blue server because i thought the name looked cool. as i played throughout my first year i come to find i loved to duel, and i loved it alot. if i had a argument with someone, or a dispute "Fine lets duel over it" as most of us know Dueling kills you, you go back to your bind. as a Cleric i won alot of the fights i got into, unless picking the Obvious over my head fights or the occasional pvp badass. just after my first year i decided to look into the RZ server as my love for pvp Grew. the item loot aspect i found really appealing and it made the game that much more fun, it also made me realize a element that i was missing playing on a Blue server.. Fear.

The fear of knowing at any moment someone could Jump out at you, kill you and take your stuff. while i found the idea simply Appealing at first i came to realize it was quite scary and also very thrilling. i loved having to watch my back, learn my surroundings, be very careful with whom you trust. i had all the game play from my blue server, but with the extra elemental of the pvp i loved so much. but alas, i couldn't get my friends to play there full time with me, so it became my off server. From that experince on i always pushed to, and had me and my group of friends play on pvp servers in all mmo's that we played. I had my pve that i loved, and that extra element of pvp i loved as well. Now i know I'm no exceptional pvp'er, but i know i don't suck, too many years experience to suck. im just another person. someone you gank, someone that ganks you, nothing special. i Enjoy a balance of pvp and pve tied together.

Which brings me to the middle ground. "Lets go camp X spawn then group in X zone, and while we are at it fuck with and pwn people along the way" i like to think of this as (Purple)

Soft Blue outer shell, with a Bloodthirsty Red Center or Visa Versa depending on the case. :D

Ok, you may proceed with the "Blue as Fuck" and trolling now. ;)

TLDR; For you lazy fucks. I like to think of "Purple" as a middle ground, those who enjoy pve and pvp mixed in together or like to pve on a pvp server.

Feces
09-25-2011, 03:12 PM
This thread disgusts me.

Palemoon
09-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Purple is the only way the server will thrive. If the "come at me bro" crowd dominates, server will be 40ish people.

superapan
09-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Purple is the only way the server will thrive. If the "come at me bro" crowd dominates, server will be 40ish people.
Agreed.

Tiggles
09-25-2011, 03:28 PM
I plan of leveling unharassed with groups of like minded people. Slay dragons then assert my dominance on the server when I have double the HP of my competition.

Pudge
09-25-2011, 03:32 PM
anyone who plays eq pvp is "purple" by your definition... this game is a lot of pve, and there is no escaping that. but because the pvp enabled characters have RED names, they are called RED. purple is for roleplay

Azu
09-25-2011, 04:25 PM
anyone who plays eq pvp is "purple" by your definition... this game is a lot of pve, and there is no escaping that. but because the pvp enabled characters have RED names, they are called RED. purple is for roleplayTrue, but some people make it sound otherwise. there are people who Pve to pvp (Camp stuff for better gear, buy/make resist gear ect.) and some people who pvp to pve. (Ganking/item looting, stealing camps, <insert other pvp related way to get pve stuff>) which isn't wrong, but i would define that as a hardcore pvp'er vs say the prior being the middle ground why. and of course you gut the guys who avoid pvp as much as possible. they aren't wrong either, that's just how they play.

didn't mean to it to overlap the RP thingy. i was just thinking a mix of red and blue playstyles, hence purple. =)

Kraz
09-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Azu, PvPers are some of the best PVE players... we kill dragons while another guild is trying to kill us..... WE LOVE LOOTZZZ

Rushmore
09-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Neither is right or wrong, ............

http://www.vibe.com/sites/default/files/katt_williams_480.jpeg

This is some bullshit!

solid
09-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Can't relate. I'm dog-dick-red.