PDA

View Full Version : Exp loss on PvP death

jjgerman
09-26-2011, 03:36 AM
pretty bad idea to have exp loss in a pvp death

who in this community would support that?

seems like extended res effects upon pvp death would be better, plenty of other options as well.

was just wondering if i was the only person that thought this way....

Ravenlof
09-26-2011, 03:41 AM
yup. only one

vinx
09-26-2011, 04:02 AM
It just sorta came to us as an option in this thread
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46128
lol, and so the debate went on!
everyone agreed that xp gain would be to exploitable,
we would rather have xp loss > gain..then it became xp loss+coin if no loot.

we were corralled!

Ravenlof
09-26-2011, 04:03 AM
baaaa baaaaa

moo

Dojii
09-26-2011, 04:29 AM
pretty bad idea to have exp loss in a pvp death

never in EQ history have I seen xp loss on PVP death. except on live when monks had this wierd heart burst DoT/DD. but it was a bug and didn't last long.

Bockscar
09-26-2011, 04:51 AM
We had XP loss on Sullon Zek and it wasn't a big deal. It looks a lot worse than it is, and since you won't lose as much as you would from a PvE death, it's really nothing to worry about. I don't particularly see a need for it on this server, but if the devs want it in, I'm not losing any sleep. It seriously didn't affect gameplay in any noticeable way.

Aksiom2k
09-26-2011, 09:19 AM
XP Loss
There will be a reduced unrezzable experience loss for every PvP Death. (You may still be revived back to your corpse, but it will have an 8 minute timer.)

I am wondering how much Exp will be lost. Is this roughly equivalent to:

a) Exp lost after dying and receiving a 96% rez?

b) Exp lost after dying and receiving a 90% rez?

c) Exp lost after dying and receiving a 50% rez?

d) Some other calculation?

gloinz
09-26-2011, 09:45 AM
xp loss on death is a must imo

knottyb0y
09-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Generally I'm excited to hear some of the code that will be introduced on the red99 pvp server. The dynamic level system seems to be something that is very innovative. The same can be said for the buff/debuff after pvp deaths that make it so you can't lose exp if pvp killed again. The xp loss really does not bother me seeing the previously mentioned features, and really it does add an added risk to pvp that may discourage a level of griefing.

We'll see how the server population behaves in general. Will Red99 have more asshats or more maturity?

Amuk
09-26-2011, 10:04 AM
I don't see this being a good idea, maybe on a teams server where you know who you can trust and who you can't it was ok like SZ - but some kids are gona be totally isolated getting shit on lots and this will just add to the frustration - cya casual bluebies.

pickled_heretic
09-26-2011, 10:47 AM
agree completely, exp loss is a bad idea. you already lose a lot of time from dying, exp loss is just going to make people who were hesitant to engage in pvp even more reluctant to do so. it also adds a shade of grief to every pvp kill you make and allowing people to grief pretty generally causes people to grief :/

lethdar
09-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Awesome idea, stops bind rushing pretty good.

Palemoon
09-26-2011, 11:16 AM
xp loss on death like SZ is a great idea

Galacticus
09-26-2011, 11:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32UGD0fV45g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sorath
09-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Xp loss on death isnt even an idea its just bad, bad all the way around.
which will only promote more noobs hiding at zonelines,behind a mass number of other noobers etc. Xp loss on death?? really.http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/Style888/failbigg.jpg

Crenshinabon
09-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Meh its gonna be small loss and it makes killing people a bit more fun knowing you actually set them back in time a bit. Not to mention looks like there are gonna be some decent anti griefing measures.

Ravenlof
09-26-2011, 02:18 PM
xp loss on death is a must imo

yup. WE had xp loss on SZ and it was boss. dont like it? B99 is still up isnt it?

valithteezee
09-26-2011, 02:43 PM
I think xp loss will add a nice touch, please keep it. It forces you to either:

1. Play better
2. Travel with friends

Both are good for the community and there will be code implemented to prevent xp-loss abuse. It's a WIN/WIN

Atmas
09-26-2011, 03:11 PM
One server out of four had XP loss on live. I don't recall Sullon having some crazy high population so I dont think it was ever a popular idea.

It takes up enough time leveling in classic plus the time it takes for corpse recovery to not make XP loss necessary.

Goobles
09-26-2011, 03:13 PM
How would exp gain be exploited? You're going to level a toon to level 10, and kill it with your other level 10, and de-level + level in the process? Have fun playing for 30 hours to do this.

Vidrata
09-26-2011, 03:17 PM
I vote for xp loss on death to prevent binding zerg rushes as well as the tears that flow from someone who just dinged and then they die by your sword losing that level.

Ravenlof
09-26-2011, 03:33 PM
One server out of four had XP loss on live. I don't recall Sullon having some crazy high population so I dont think it was ever a popular idea.

It takes up enough time leveling in classic plus the time it takes for corpse recovery to not make XP loss necessary.