PDA

View Full Version : Looking 4 Friends!

Caravelle1
09-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Hello! I'm Sharlen on Project99, very badass chanter.
I have experience with all sorts of PvP games, yet have always despised EQ PvP due to the rampant use of third party programs, and unbalanced nature of the classes.

That being said, I still played on the PvP Zek server for 5 years because I like challenge. I enjoy having the possibility of being ganked and killed, it adds a nice depth to the game. I do enjoy PvP fights that are a good close fight (challenging).
I'm just looking for some cool people to play casually with who don't have the intention of (griefing the shit out of the server) but just want to survive and thrive in a hellish environment :)

Sharlen - P99
Death - Mortalquest
Cagil - Alter-Gate

Ownsauce - DAOC Classic cluster

hit me up!

valithteezee
09-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Welcome!

Galacticus
09-26-2011, 02:11 PM
I will invite you over for dinner but you cant tell anyone you're a blubie.

http://www.healthymealplans.biz/wp-content/uploads/2009/family-dinner.jpeg

Caravelle1
09-26-2011, 02:17 PM
I don't really think I am a bluebie.

Do you know where that phrase came from? It came from Ultima Online.
I was 15 years old, and had 100+ Statloss murder counts when they came out with trammel for UO.
Blue was the color of the people who weren't murderers or general PvPers, Red was the color of the PKers.

All the Blues went to trammel which was a new part of the game with no PvP allowed. So they were called bluebie.

I've PvPed my whole life :)
Everquest PvP is crap in terms of balance or fair fights. The system is designed for ganks and attacking your enemy in unfair situations.
Which is fine, I like to play in really challenging environements.
But be real, EQ won't offer you a robust balanced PvP system! Instead it is about just surviving and thriving for most people, and Griefing and PKing for others.

Deli
09-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Hmm, the redtard is not strong in this one. Which is a good thing.

Caravelle1
09-26-2011, 02:25 PM
go back to blue, i remember cagil from altergate and ur terrible.

u aint gonna make it

Yes I died a lot because I was a Solo Enchanter :)
I don't mind dying and I keep coming back out if I do die.

The success of a PvP server is keeping the people who are casual playing. When you say things like (u aint gonna make it) you are speaking to the essence of a casual player. And if they quit, then the server will have a really low population and suck.

I don't mind dying, or even getting griefed some. It's the people who obviously hack that have discouraged me in the past. Oh you are a Shaman and you found me on Tangrins island within 45 seconds of you zoning into FoB? Something is fishy :)

Humerox
09-26-2011, 03:56 PM
check out Grindcore in the guild recruitment thread.

:D

vinx
09-26-2011, 04:03 PM
u aint gonna make it
i want to make it
someone post infos on what we making

Masq
09-26-2011, 04:09 PM
All the Blues went to trammel which was a new part of the game with no PvP allowed. So they were called bluebie.

Never heard bluebie in UO. They were called Trammies.

Caravelle1
09-26-2011, 04:42 PM
sure they were called both.
why would bluebie apply to EQ though?

In UO they were called Trammie and Bluebie, but that's where the phrase started, hence blue/red names for Innocent/Pk

Yukahwa
09-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Red and blue in eq is a uo reference from the pros but also is based on the server color on classic sever select screen and the red player names on a pvp server vs blue ones for non pvp.

Bazooka
09-26-2011, 05:08 PM
why would bluebie apply to EQ though?

Because of the red player names on a pvp server vs blue ones for non pvp.

Duh :p

dusk883
09-26-2011, 05:18 PM
If I remember right, EQ was released with the race war servers Tallon and Vallon before Trammelites were able to live in carebear land. I played both games back in the day, making a fortune on ebay by selling UO gold and property and it wasn't until after TZ was released and halfway to Kunark before Trammel type play was born.

Maybe I have my facts mixed up but that's how I remember it

georgie
09-26-2011, 05:22 PM
yeah dude hit me up i could use a chanter to stun and mez while i lay down the nukes, dru here

pojab
09-26-2011, 05:52 PM
nice resume but i will need to see 3 references and you will need to sign this release form for a background check.

Rushmore
09-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Hello! I'm Sharlen on Project99, very badass chanter.
I have experience with all sorts of PvP games, yet have always despised EQ PvP due to the rampant use of third party programs, and unbalanced nature of the classes.

That being said, I still played on the PvP Zek server for 5 years because I like challenge. I enjoy having the possibility of being ganked and killed, it adds a nice depth to the game. I do enjoy PvP fights that are a good close fight (challenging).
I'm just looking for some cool people to play casually with who don't have the intention of (griefing the shit out of the server) but just want to survive and thrive in a hellish environment :)

Sharlen - P99
Death - Mortalquest
Cagil - Alter-Gate

Ownsauce - DAOC Classic cluster

hit me up!

this guy is a bad ass enchanter