PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Item Loot

Dfn
09-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Is it possible to allow 1 item from inventory for loot? That should be a good compromise between people afraid to play because they don't want to lose their gear while still providing a reward to the victor - whether it be a stack of pots, a pumice, or a freshly looted fbss waiting to sell.

Sorath
09-27-2011, 07:45 PM
if xp debt is removed

Zordana
09-27-2011, 07:48 PM
maybe it should be possible to protect items with some kind of scroll which is expensive and bought at merchants in every city..
for example if you die and lose your (its pre-kunark right?) monsoon, you be QQ! so it should be possible to protect items.. but make it expensive enough, that you dont protect everything you ever get but affordable.. probably make it "bound to char", so it cant be sold, dropped or anything..

georgie
why would people want their freshly looted fbss looted?
gg

georgie
maybe it should be possible to protect items with some kind of scroll which is expensive and bought at merchants in every city..
for example if you die and lose your (its pre-kunark right?) monsoon, you be QQ! so it should be possible to protect items.. but make it expensive enough, that you dont protect everything you ever get but affordable.. probably make it "bound to char", so it cant be sold, dropped or anything..

good idea, but it's not classic.
gg

Dfn
09-27-2011, 07:55 PM
gg

Some classes don't need melee haste? Some people may have a better belt?

Humerox
09-27-2011, 07:56 PM
give it up, Hiroo Onoda.

Cast
09-27-2011, 07:57 PM
stop with retard ideas thats what the other 20 forums r fot

C5BAMF
09-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Some classes don't need melee haste? Some people may have a better belt?

Its not gonna stop me from selling that shit and banking 20k.

Dfn
09-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Its not gonna stop me from selling that shit and banking 20k.

Right. And it's fair game if it's not equipped.

dogbarf
09-27-2011, 08:35 PM
good idea, but it's not classic.
gg

Not having item loot isn't classic.

UncleOzzy
09-27-2011, 08:38 PM
gg

Georgie you need to stay on blue server with your thinking..

Prahadigm24
09-28-2011, 03:22 AM
This has been suggested in several threads and I still think it would be the best compromise. The main argument against it was that bards have to carry multiple instruments/weapons in their inventory - but this could easily be solved, e.g. by excluding primary/secondary items from the loot table.

However, coin loot only is fine, too.

Softcore PK
09-28-2011, 03:24 AM
I think slight exp loss is a good compromise.

Mynxx
09-28-2011, 05:05 AM
I really find it to be very funny that there are so many people against item loot drops?

On Rallos Zek, it was simple, coin loot and one item that was left not in a bag that was able to be traded amongst other players.

For those that find this "too hardcore" as I've gathered from PvP Beta's /ooc, PvP was never really intended for the casual player in mind, just like raiding was never intended for the casual player in mind, although questing, crafting was.

There's a style created for every player, and those that wish to see the end all be all, would most likely choose to do that on a PvP server to spice things up and make it more challenging, or simply wish to experience a unique way of interacting with other players and brings the game to a completely different level.

Losing cash can be replaced and forgotten later on, but when someone just takes a particular item you've just worked so hard for, it's personal.

And just like dying you must retrieve your corpse, when you get PK'ed and lose a valuable you neglected to bag in enough time, you'll most likely get another.

If the idea of having one item to be taken along with coin loot is too harsh of an idea, I'd like to point out that perhaps your item-clicking and number lock key don't work as fast as mine do, cause when I'm in a situation where I'm rooted and getting nuked on, or snared, I'm bagging my stuff and taking the hits; When I'm running away from a PKer, I'm aimlessly letting my number lock take course while bagging my things; Fun, makes me itemize, prioritize, have a back up set of gear in the bank, I never take traveling alone for granted, and that to me is what makes PvP on EQ1 Classic fun.

Mynxx
09-28-2011, 05:06 AM
This has been suggested in several threads and I still think it would be the best compromise. The main argument against it was that bards have to carry multiple instruments/weapons in their inventory - but this could easily be solved, e.g. by excluding primary/secondary items from the loot table.

However, coin loot only is fine, too.

I totally agree, exclude primary/secondary from the loot table when someone is PKed.

valithteezee
09-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Item loot would be great, but it's never going to happen dudes.

Nirgon
09-28-2011, 01:57 PM
This will be realized as a mistake lol. The poop socking griefers will take over, in the rare event one dies? Nothing is lost. Being able to wear full droppable gear is a bad thing for pvp.