PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: factions not classic

Darwoth
10-04-2011, 03:48 PM
splitpaw lair
nagafen/vox (their giant guards and dragons themselves)
kedge keep
castle mistmoore

and probably others are all default scowling, all 4 of these factions are supposed to start at threatening, an enchanter with benevolence should be able to explore the zone unimpeded so long as they have not messed their faction up.

Ptkfgs
10-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Thank you for posting this, it is important to me.

Palemoon
10-04-2011, 06:15 PM
With a freshly created human agnostic enchanter on Al'kabor:

Lair of the Splitpaw:

A Lteth Val Gnoll = KOS (not threatening, full KOS)

same with the gnolls outside the lair.

(or does p99 have the very first Splitpaw with the lvl 7ish mobs?)

Kedge Keep:

-A lancer Swordfish = KOS (not threatening, full KOS)

Gonna have to throw down the NOT CLASSIC card on Darwoth's recollection at this point, unless people are sure about Nagafens lair,etc. and I have to break out my mage to CoH this lvl 1 enchanter up to fire giants,etc. I'm sure you had vision of PvPing surrounded by dubious fire giants and sword fish assisting you.. but... starting city faction is a mess as is, without muddleing the waters of dungeon faction.

Mistmoor, i'll check later.

The only dungeon faction that I know for sure starts out as not KOS , is the Hole to some certain race/diety combinations, and even that is not universal to all the mobs in the dungeon, and not even to all the elementals themselves.

Darwoth
10-04-2011, 07:25 PM
not sure if your agreeing with me or not, dont even know what al kabor is.

if your saying faction is messed up atm thats fine, if your saying splitpaw, kedge and the fire/ice giants + dragons and mistmoore always started out as full out kos your wrong.

human karana worshippers start as threatening to all of them except splitpaw which starts as dubious.

Palemoon
10-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Al'kabor is the eqMac server that has not been patched since 2002, still has all the old systems and codes (corpse runs, old un revamped zones, working boats (no translocators), no maps, old pre revamp spell data,etc.

I'll run a human karana worshiper out there (I assume you mean a druid..?) and check if they fair any better then a human agnostic enchanter.

edit:

Have a fresh level one Human Druid of Karana standing in Lair of the Splitpaw right now on Al'kabor...

Fully KOS (not threatening, full KOS).

Darwoth
10-04-2011, 07:53 PM
not sure what the situation on that server has to do with classic since it was created 2 years after velious came out.

in any case karana druids were always dubious to splitpaw which is why on RZ you had them in there ganking folks, and enchanters (at least HE and erudite) were always able to boost faction one level via benevolence and attain dubious with the afore mentioned groups so long as they did not kill anything that belonged to them (is no way to raise those factions back up again)

Lazortag
10-04-2011, 08:15 PM
not sure what the situation on that server has to do with classic since it was created 2 years after velious came out.

in any case karana druids were always dubious to splitpaw which is why on RZ you had them in there ganking folks, and enchanters (at least HE and erudite) were always able to boost faction one level via benevolence and attain dubious with the afore mentioned groups so long as they did not kill anything that belonged to them (is no way to raise those factions back up again)

If what you're saying is so obviously true you should be able to find evidence for it. They don't just change things on this server because someone remembered it being a certain way 12 years ago.

Palemoon
10-04-2011, 08:26 PM

What you say also makes zero sense since the Gnolls worship Brell Serilis. Why would the Gnolls be giving a faction bump to Karana Worshipers?

But maybe you are right, but like Lazor said, you have to present some evidence besides "I remember..". Especially in this case where what you "remember" is not matching up with the closest offical thing to 1999 EQ we have (Al'kabor). And I seriously doubt they randomly changed faction levels when they converted PC EQ to the Mac client.

Darwoth
10-04-2011, 08:35 PM
even on this beta server karana druids start as threatening and so do agnostic bards, the issue is that factions across the board seem one level lower than they are supposed to be.

i am real tired of you fucking morons that never played until 4 years later whom speak purely from the deep crevice of your asshole telling me im wrong.

Palemoon
10-04-2011, 08:39 PM
even on this beta server karana druids start as threatening and so do agnostic bards, the issue is that factions across the board seem one level lower than they are supposed to be.

i am real tired of you fucking morons that never played until 4 years later whom speak purely from the deep crevice of your asshole telling me im wrong.

Because those factions are wrong, along with a ton of other factions. But in this case you are wanting to shift them from "a little wrong" to VERY wrong.

Evidence please. Al'kabor says you are wrong.

Darwoth
10-04-2011, 08:40 PM
"al kabor" is from late 2002, this server is supposed to be early 99, what part of that is not registering?

Dfn
10-04-2011, 09:14 PM
I fully remember ganking, with faction, in Paw Guk and Kedge. I didn't start kos in any of those dungeons on live. In fact, it took several Phinigal kills to get kos in kedge. I know this because I would swim my ass down there and check for him in person. While leveling up I used the gnolls in Paw as guards against everyone leveling off of them. I ganked there constantly.

Lazortag
10-04-2011, 09:22 PM
I remember Bards had an insta-cast cheal song that they got at level 1. Because I remember it that way, it must be true.

Arillious
10-05-2011, 10:45 AM
I remember some race/class combinations not starting off KoS in kedge. I used to pick people off running from Unrest because they usually were carrying cash. Some good races were able to zone into kedge and they were not KoS.(As an evil race I was) I cannot recall splitpaw as I did not spend a lot of time there.