PDA

View Full Version : New Player!

Kabilos
10-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Greetings Everyone.

I have decided to return to the homeland.. or at least as close to it as I can get.

I have a few questions if anyone has some time. I am a CST timezone player, have years of EQ beneath my belt and played a Cleric, Druid, Wizard, Rogue and SK up to Epic on Live before leaving for EQ2 Beta.

I have played a bunch of different EMU's and was wondering if I should start one here if there was a lack of a certain class or if anyone had any input.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to meeting you all in time.

Take Care,

Kabilos

Nuggie
10-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Play what you enjoy. There isn't any lack of a certain class. Most guilds have loads of extra chars.

Don't be a hater, show your skill, and you should do well here.

Bazia
10-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Group population is kind of low under 30.

If you're willing to be patient roll whatever you want. If you want to level quickly I'd roll caster that can solo. Or a tank/healer that's always in demand.

Un-twinked Melee DPS might be a long road for you my friend.

citizen1080
10-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Unless you have a friend here to give you starting gear or intend to start a blog about your newbie adventures I suggest rolling a solo class as classic EQ is not a friendly place for melee toons not twinked.

Other than that welcome to the server =)

Autotune
10-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Greetings Everyone.

I have decided to return to the homeland.. or at least as close to it as I can get.

I have a few questions if anyone has some time. I am a CST timezone player, have years of EQ beneath my belt and played a Cleric, Druid, Wizard, Rogue and SK up to Epic on Live before leaving for EQ2 Beta.

I have played a bunch of different EMU's and was wondering if I should start one here if there was a lack of a certain class or if anyone had any input.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to meeting you all in time.

Take Care,

Kabilos

Roll a druid as a starting class. There is not a class that has more benefits for starting new.

easy to solo and get groups at the lower levels.

mid levels can solo till max.

Easiest class by far to get around on via ports, easiest class to make money with via ports.

If you don't care what class you roll to start off with and want to get the best start possible, go druid. Next would be necro, only because they aren't gear dependent and can solo better and even solo dungeon camps.

Kabilos
10-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Ah yes the "Pave your own damn road" routine. I know completely where you are coming from and yes there is a certain part of me that hates that part, and the other side of me that loves the challenge of making something out of nothing. I feel that the game takes a lot away from you if you are given huge "twinked" handouts. I feel that you miss out on the exploration and learning part of the game which is what 99% of MMO's have going on right now.

Nothing will ever amount to the challenges of EQ1. Which is why we flock back to it time and time again.

Kabilos
10-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Well I went with the above advice and created a halfling druid. This should set me off pretty well, got a few levels and had a very nice enchanter drop a breeze on me when I wasn't looking.

Overall it was a fun start. I shall return tomorrow. Should anyone see a more than naked druid in the newbie zone right next to Rivervale, don't be afraid to say hi :) I wont bite .. or cast Flame Lick at you :)

Tappin
10-10-2011, 11:52 PM
Halfings great to start off as, since people are always farming our guards. Usually you can have free loot on the shields, which vendor for 1.5pp I believe. Really nice starting cash to make sure you are able to pick up all your spells.

Good luck :)

Kabilos
10-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Yeah I've been getting 1 spell at a time, I forgot that it was multiples of 100 to scale up to the next currency. Now I remember why having 10KPP took forever to get on Live. I should find someone who is going to farm those guards :)

Hexum
10-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Yeah I've been getting 1 spell at a time, I forgot that it was multiples of 100 to scale up to the next currency. Now I remember why having 10KPP took forever to get on Live. I should find someone who is going to farm those guards :)

Luckly it's actually only 10. 10 Copper = 1 Silver, etc etc etc

Kabilos
10-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Well that might explain how I ended up with 2 gold in a short amount of time. Is that something that changed with this server or across the entire game?

RiffDaemon
10-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Nope, that's how it's been from Day 1. The 100 silver = 1 gold thing is WoW.

Kika Maslyaka
10-11-2011, 02:19 PM
eq2 as well. which is a way smarter to handle coins. 10 to 1 rate was stupid initial design, making anything under 1 gold total waste of space and code

beentheredonethat
10-11-2011, 04:12 PM
I don't see a lot of monks or warriors around, it's tough to start, although I did it back in the days on rallos zek and was all right.

From what I've seen most people are either mages, necros, or shamans. After several month on the server, I have not seen a single wizard yet, and only seen one monk over 30. Not sure if anyone plays sk/paladin either since I have not seen those either. But that could be just me.

Tarathiel
10-11-2011, 06:08 PM
I don't see a lot of monks or warriors around, it's tough to start, although I did it back in the days on rallos zek and was all right.

From what I've seen most people are either mages, necros, or shamans. After several month on the server, I have not seen a single wizard yet, and only seen one monk over 30. Not sure if anyone plays sk/paladin either since I have not seen those either. But that could be just me.

im guessing by your name you are an iksar, and all i can say is you need to crawl out from under your rock(cabilis) and do some exploring!

Kabilos
10-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Well I did get quite a decent amount of shields off the guards today thanks to a necro that was killing the guards. He had no problem with me grabbing some shields and even saved my ass a few times when Giant rats were beating the crap out of me.

So far so good, almost to level 4. Btw if anyone needs snake eggs, spiderling silk, pelts ect let me know while I am farming this newbie area and I will save them. I have been saving them and sold 1/4th a stack to someone who was in zone looking.

Tappin
10-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Well I did get quite a decent amount of shields off the guards today thanks to a necro that was killing the guards. He had no problem with me grabbing some shields and even saved my ass a few times when Giant rats were beating the crap out of me.

So far so good, almost to level 4. Btw if anyone needs snake eggs, spiderling silk, pelts ect let me know while I am farming this newbie area and I will save them. I have been saving them and sold 1/4th a stack to someone who was in zone looking.

Nice :) Same way I started... looking shields and selling spears for some necro that was there farming. I actually solo'd on my druid from 1-16 in misty thicket. Stay there as long as you can :)

Bazia
10-12-2011, 01:32 AM
I don't see a lot of monks on the server, I have only seen one monk over 30.

Not to troll but lol

Kabilos
10-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Your welcome to troll my thread. How else am I going to meet everyone? :p