PDA

View Full Version : Raid mobs - 30 minute timers, and you. IF YOU RAID, READ IT

imij
04-02-2010, 11:55 PM
First off, this is Acarer member of IB. i know a lot of you fellow raiders, whether your in fishbait, divinity, trans, gothic circle, or newly formed remedy. alot i can call my friends. and not many that are my enemies.......

This server has seen a lot of changes. we had the rotation, we all know how that worked out. and now we have a 30 minute timer rule. splendid.

the populations growing everyday... most of us are here to relive the experiences of raiding like we once did in classic vanilla eq. not all of us are 16 years old anymore. we know the game inside and out, and we want to gear our charactors to the max. and be the best... now to my point.....

30 minute time rule. this idea has worked for the most part. guilds are having a chance if they have the proper raid force in a particular area to take down targets and given 30 minutes to do so.... tho this rule is not being followed. whether they are " accidents " or not. people are getting trained without repercussions, and timers are not being followed unless a GM is literally stalking the zone. so the guilds who actually have some integrity and want to follow the rules, are the ones who are getting skrewed. theres just to much inconsistancy. and i am not just speaking on my behalf, this is a problem to us all.

Rotations were taken out when divinity wanted a piece of the pie ( as they should ) this was to not further complicate things and not have each guild wait 3 weeks on a raid target. ..... times are changing. and they are changing again.

we now have 5-6 guilds that are capable of raiding top end targets. this has been leading to various trains/camping/bans.. among other things...The 30 minute timer rules have not been completely enforced. those of us who have been abiding by the rule, have watched on multiple occasions the rule be broken, and gm repercusion not being made, these guilds are being rewarded with the loot they actually get.

we also have a new issue... SITTING on spawns for 8+ hours a day and having full claim to it even if its not up, as long as your sitting there. which frankly is not what the GM's had in mind, but with the population and all the raid guilds.. its becomming harder and harder to control. regardless if we keep 30 minute timers or not, this issue needs to be addressed. what happens in kunark for trananon? im sure the GM's are excited about dealing with that mess.

so what are our options? continue with the 15 in zone, 30 minute timer rule, and have our guides and GM's babysitting every single fear and hate raid? thats not fair to the playerbase, nor the admin's who provide this for us.

this leads me to my other point... do maestro or draco need 15 people to kill? the universal rule of 15 people can claim raid targets, is troublesome. you have skilled players who can take these mobs out with raid forces of less then 2 groups. i think were making these raid targets sound harder then they really are. this is vanilla everquest. anyone who doesnt think maestro and draco could be done with a single group, doesnt know much about either target.

what im suggesting is our playerbase along with our admin's give this a closer look. First come first serve, is what were already facing. its already happening and will continue to happen. when trakanon is out, you think any guild is going to just let GUILD A perma park there? its going to get nasty. not only will first come first server will limit the effectiveness of parking on raid mobs. it will give this server its first real sense of competition, and show all guilds competing for spawns, that nothing is guaranteed. and mobilization and skill is key.

when every guild starts perma camping on spawns this will be no different then the rotation we once had. if we cant keep up with the rising population and raiding problems, things will only get worse, at least First come first serve, we are all on the same playing field.. and the trainers/greifers should be dealt with accordingly. ... just my 2 cents.

any feedback would be appreciated. i have no bias motive. i just want everyone on the same playing field. im sure others agree with me.

Maximus
04-03-2010, 12:40 AM
You want the GMs to not have to worry about anything, and competition thrive, let them go back to no GM intervention.
everything goes, competition to its fullest, whether dirty play or not, since its already been happening, and may the best guild thrive. also, truces and alliances can be made, there is nothing that says we people of p1999 cant govern ourselves.
Myth

Zithax
04-03-2010, 01:05 AM
Devs: how hard would it be to create some sort of command... say /calltimer name, name is either guild or raidleader etc. It would prompt the raidleader with a window much like a rez window that says "<Name/guild> is calling 30 minutes on you, do you accept?" and have it log the time, and maybe have a zonewide countdown.

Thoughts?

Audacious93c
04-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Pretty interesting since IB just skipped right over Remedy today to kill Maestro. Seems like IB really didnt care if there was a 30 minute timer today or not. Whats even more interesting is how many people knew about IB doing that today in such a short time frame.

If anything, this post was made because of this incident today in a way to cover your own asses. First come, first serve is great in theory. But then whos going to deal with the cluster fuck that comes from 2 rival guilds beating on CT at the same time and hoping that their KS group gets the kill? Not that that is not already happening, for example the Draco kill last week. Forget that fact that enchanters are trivializing content (1 group to kill Maestro). The majority of us would just like to see IB follow its own advice or stfu.

Ektar
04-03-2010, 01:33 AM
I don't have authority to speak for the GMs so I won't say ffa is completely off the table. But it has been made clear in the past that won't fly.

Myth, we used to be pals. It's really sad what happened to you. Either way, you ask acarer to let us return to ffa. I'm not sure if you're just so crazed that you think that's actually how it happened, or if you're so against us that you just make crazy lies to make us look like we're at fault for everything... but IB is not responsible for no ffa =p. I don't know what else to say about that.

And remedy rep I'm not sure exactly what went down cuz I wasn't pulling. but you guys were at the zonein and we moved u pand began pulling maestro room. so as far as most (or all) of us are concerned there was no reason to call 30 minutes on you. this isn't the venue to discuss it though as I'm sure there will be a much different shitfest =p

Deanob
04-03-2010, 02:17 AM
Pretty interesting since IB just skipped right over Remedy today to kill Maestro. Seems like IB really didnt care if there was a 30 minute timer today or not. Whats even more interesting is how many people knew about IB doing that today in such a short time frame.

If anything, this post was made because of this incident today in a way to cover your own asses. First come, first serve is great in theory. But then whos going to deal with the cluster fuck that comes from 2 rival guilds beating on CT at the same time and hoping that their KS group gets the kill? Not that that is not already happening, for example the Draco kill last week. Forget that fact that enchanters are trivializing content (1 group to kill Maestro). The majority of us would just like to see IB follow its own advice or stfu.

No offense but I'm quiet positive you guys were just there for a regular hate clear. You probably didn't even know he was up until IB showed up. Sorry to say.

Audacious93c
04-03-2010, 02:24 AM
No offense but I'm quiet positive you guys were just there for a regular hate clear. You probably didn't even know he was up until IB showed up. Sorry to say.

Not once did I say I was Remedy, or that I spoke for them. I was actually there tracking Maestro, and watched what you guys did. Also, regardless of the reason of why they were there to begin with. They obviously knew he was up since they were pulling from his room (Duh). They had over 15 there, and had the rights to kill him. Refer to the last sentence of my last post.

Just like your own guild mate said, the people that follow the stated rules are the ones getting the shaft. IB on the other hand, is not getting the shaft. So whats that say about IB?

Deanob
04-03-2010, 02:55 AM
Not once did I say I was Remedy, or that I spoke for them. I was actually there tracking Maestro, and watched what you guys did. Also, regardless of the reason of why they were there to begin with. They obviously knew he was up since they were pulling from his room (Duh). They had over 15 there, and had the rights to kill him. Refer to the last sentence of my last post.

Just like your own guild mate said, the people that follow the stated rules are the ones getting the shaft. IB on the other hand, is not getting the shaft. So whats that say about IB?

Post proof, I was there when they were pulling entrance roamers/wiping to trash AS we ported 15 members in. So whats that say about your credibility?

karsten
04-03-2010, 03:01 AM
as for maestro today, there was no racing, and both our guild and remedy were extremely helpful to each other as needed, including offering rotting loot to each others' guild

as far as the original post, my comments will be on IB's internal boards

Goobles
04-03-2010, 03:04 AM
we also have a new issue... SITTING on spawns for 8+ hours a day and having full claim to it even if its not up, as long as your sitting there.

This is actually some REALLY old news dude. Back when I was with IB, Transcendence camped in the hallway before the 4giant split room for 10 hours. By the time he was finally due, raid was called and we started clearing giants. A few of their stragglers came up to join them. Not a problem - Penoy just trained them. So we finally killed Tranix and such, and they were going to kill Naggy.. but they wiped. So we ran up to leapfrog them, that was our intent. Then the GMs stepped in and told us that if anyone with an IB tag engaged Naggy, they would be banned. That's when the rotation was enforced. Oh, did I mention that while they were recovering, they brought in another 2 groups?

TheDudeAbides
04-03-2010, 03:06 AM
Post proof, I was there when they were pulling entrance roamers/wiping to trash AS we ported 15 members in. So whats the say about your credibility?

SUP PLAYA

YOU ARE TEH NUMBER ONE RAIDER ON EMU SERVER

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Dodgeball-ben-stiller-171817_485_728.jpg

karsten
04-03-2010, 03:06 AM
pretty sure you combined two different naggy raids into one there goobles ol pal

Caere
04-03-2010, 03:17 AM

What exactly is a "regular hate clear"?

I would assume that would include the maestro.

Emil
04-03-2010, 03:30 AM

Maybe you should get the facts before you spew bullshit on these forums then? Maestro room was full spawn when we moved into position and I begin to pull it.

Gwence
04-03-2010, 03:32 AM
you would assume wrong

Simon Belmont
04-03-2010, 03:34 AM
Not once did I say I was Remedy, or that I spoke for them.

Yet here you are doing just that. Its nice spew BS and hide behind anon.

Deanob
04-03-2010, 03:36 AM
SUP PLAYA

YOU ARE TEH NUMBER ONE RAIDER ON EMU SERVER

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Dodgeball-ben-stiller-171817_485_728.jpg

You know how I know this is Taluvill trying to troll me yet again? Because this is his signature...

Taluvill - Half Elf Druid of Tunare - Main.
#1 Druid on P1999.
<Transcendence>

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/fail-set-sail-for-fail1.jpg

TheDudeAbides
04-03-2010, 03:50 AM
You know how I know this is Taluvill trying to troll me yet again? Because this is his signature...

Taluvill - Half Elf Druid of Tunare - Main.
#1 Druid on P1999.
<Transcendence>

EMU server is serious business

YOU BEAT THE GAME

Edit:

This thread is hilarious and an epic fail. You have a lot of nerve posting this shit

30 minute time rule. this idea has worked for the most part. guilds are having a chance if they have the proper raid force in a particular area to take down targets and given 30 minutes to do so.... tho this rule is not being followed. whether they are " accidents " or not. people are getting trained without repercussions

The rules for raiding on this server are stupid . Forget the fact that there is a group of people who are obviously unemployed and weirdos trying to pee on the rest of the server's wheaties for whatever epeen reason, the way raid rules are currently setup are definitely "not classic". The "training" comment without repercussions is irony at it's finest but anyways, back in the day if your guild was in the zone clearing mobs and a boss popped, you had the rights to that mob. It was GM enforced. No guild could just go zone into a cleared zone and claim a boss. Or rush the guild in there. No 30 minute BS where guilds mass zone in a nicely cleared zone for them and start breathing down your neck and dictating rules they are pulling from their ass. Guilds respected the work the other guild put in the zone and let them take the mob. Nobody's babies died because of it. there was a reasonable level of mutual respect and civility. That doesn't happen here for whatever crybaby reason. It's now "serious business".

But I digress.

so the guilds who actually have some integrity and want to follow the rules, are the ones who are getting skrewed.

Hahaha.....

we also have a new issue... SITTING on spawns for 8+ hours a day and having full claim to it even if its not up, as long as your sitting there. which frankly is not what the GM's had in mind, but with the population and all the raid guilds..

You can blame the variance. When you have an army of druids who are unemployed and shackled to their computers watching movies and tracking 24/7, this is what happens. I find it absolutely hilarious that you would QQ about people camping a boss in a zone when that's basically what the numerous afk bored shitless druids are doing anyways. It's called the slippery slope. This current outcome could not be averted based upon the environment YOU created. Not the up and coming guilds. YOU.

It's become this "You have to be right on top of the spawn to claim it" BS because the last time I checked one guild will zone into any plane their druid lackey summons them to and leapfrog any guild clearing mobs. If that's the way you want to do it. Whatever fine, but don't come to these forums like a little bitch when the competing guilds are forced to adapt at this insanity your guild created. You guys don't even need the loot or the bosses. You're just doing this to keep loot out of everyone else's hands out of spite. This is done on purpose. I'm not even going to get into the various psychological reasons why a group of people would purposely do this on a 10 year EMU server, It is what it is, thought definitely abnormal.

If that's what you want to do. Like I said. Fine. I honestly could give a rat's ass what some weirdos on an EMU server's reasons are. Just don't come here and complain when people push back a little and are forced to adapt. I honestly don't really want to. Why put in this much effort for this content? Seriously, it's a fucking game but somehow along the way your guild has turned it into some schoolyard playground asshattery. It's fucking embarrassing. It's on a level I've never seen before and it's disturbing to witness.

this leads me to my other point... do maestro or draco need 15 people to kill? the universal rule of 15 people can claim raid targets, is troublesome. you have skilled players (LOL)who can take these mobs out with raid forces of less then 2 groups.

This is fucking hilarious. You and I both know charm is completely broken, OP, and FUBAR and has been for a LONG time now. 1 enchanter + 1 cleric trivializes every end game encounter on this server. I mean it's laughable how broken it is and your guild has been exploiting it since day one. You don't even engage maestro and draco. You just send pets on them and CH. Give me a fucking break. No boss can hang with a hasted charm planar pet buffed to the max getting complete healed and you know it. That's why you abuse the hell out of it. There were no enchanters duo or solo farming efreeti back in the day. Or lord. Or Frenzy. It didn't happen and anyone who claims that it did can go fuck themselves. They are a liar.

when every guild starts perma camping on spawns this will be no different then the rotation we once had. if we cant keep up with the rising population and raiding problems, things will only get worse, at least First come first serve, we are all on the same playing field.. and the trainers/greifers should be dealt with accordingly. ... just my 2 cents.

Things have been as bad as they can get for a long time now. Things aren't going to change either because one guild wants to spite the rest of the server. Like I said before, if that's the way you guys want to roll, whatever, roll that way, but don't come here with this bullshit QQ. It makes me not respect you. It just makes you look like a bunch of fucking crybabies. You've griefed everyone else here for a long now and the first dragon that someone else kills you're making posts like this? GTFO

Maybe you should get the facts before you spew bullshit on these forums then? Maestro room was full spawn when we moved into position and I begin to pull it.

You can just fucking harmony it and single pull. GTFO

Taluvill
04-03-2010, 04:41 AM
I actually do not post here. Nor am I supposed to, so I'm probably going to be in violation at the moment by posting this.

I actually hope that we can be pals in the future Deano, and do not wish any ill will on you. I don't post here for a reason; It starts issue and controversy and it's the last thing we need. So no. I did not troll you, and don't plan on it anytime at all anytime soon.

Not to sound gay, but lets be pals. No need to fight over petty issues anymore Deano.

Gwence
04-03-2010, 05:18 AM
who is "Thedudeabides"?

That's an awfully long post for someone that "dont give a rats ass".

Shurid
04-03-2010, 06:31 AM
We all know what needs to happen... Skip Kunark, Forget about Velious and lets bring LDON back! . . . . . . . Waka Waka

Zordana
04-03-2010, 07:35 AM
all i can add to this is.. we were clearing the way to maestro when suddenly IB came in and moved to maestro..

the big difference was, we were there to equip our members, not mainly to kill maestro, so we didnt really care

would have been a nice first kill anyways

all in all i agree that we should probably think of a better system to satisfy all the raid guilds :)

TheDudeAbides
04-03-2010, 08:18 AM
who is "Thedudeabides"?

STFU about things you know nothing about

You're nothing but a lackey riding on coattails,who turned into a tool once you got that tag above your head, and your breath smells like a bag of officer dicks

P.S. You sound like a homo in vent

No i don't give a rat's ass. I make it a point to stay away from the endless crying on these boards, but this thread takes the cake. The nerve of this guy to come here and QQ like this is pathetic. Do us all a favor and check your guildmate bro. This is fucking embarrassing. I respect the shit your guild accomplishes, but I dont respect this QQ. It makes you look like sour grapes

Gwence
04-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Ahh, the manly /nerdrage while anon. /yawn

Good luck harmony'ing for a solo maestro pull lol.

TheDudeAbides
04-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Ahh, the manly /nerdrage while anon. /yawn

Good luck harmony'ing for a solo maestro pull lol.

I'm not anon you moron

You sound like a teenager on Xanex IRL bro. Don't even go there son.

P.S. Learn teh sarcasm. Maestro can be done with 1 cleric + 1 enchanter. Don't pretend like he's difficult. The mechanics on this server are totally fubared.

logiktrip
04-03-2010, 11:21 AM
How about not acting like you're entitled to every mob on the server?

The last time there was a rule change, it was after IB/Trans had a rotation. Racing is fine, as long as IB wins all the time?

Treat people with respect and you get it in return. Act like you deserve every spawn on the server and don't take it personally when the others who play here are willing to do what we need to do to ensure a shot at a mob. Of course, you could always team up with another guild if you can't get it done on your own.

The timer is lame, but so was the gm-sanctioned "headstart" that was given to these rotation guilds, taking out mobs that weren't behaving correctly in the first place (speaking to outdoor zones and AE's here). Then you've got guilds who have never attempted mobs under the gun with another guild breathing down their neck. How did that work out during the rotations? I bet you enjoyed the multiple atempts, maybe wiping once or twice and figuring out what worked best? Well because of the whining by guilds (of which I'm sure everyone knows) that a 3, 4, 5 guild rotation wouldn't work....wonder why that is? Oh yeah, because they already got theirs.

Sour grapes, imo. Some guilds on the server have already shown they could care less about any rules put in place by GM and will do whatever they want anyhow....hopefully those guilds will come back down to earth with the rest of us and start to realize that they aren't the be-all end-all of P99. We're all here to have fun, not to watch the monopolization of everything so that you can finish outfitting your third character.

Don't read too much into this....but you wanted it, you got it. Divinity and a host of other upcoming guilds wanted into the rotation, but apparently some people just couldn't give up a small piece of theirs...and here we are today.

Arkanjil
04-03-2010, 02:55 PM
I need to get some popcorn started....this is starting to get interesting. :rolleyes:

Glitch
04-03-2010, 02:57 PM
...charm is completely broken, OP, and FUBAR and has been for a LONG time now. 1 enchanter + 1 cleric trivializes every end game encounter on this server. I mean it's laughable how broken it is and your guild has been exploiting it since day one. You don't even engage maestro and draco. You just send pets on them and CH. Give me a fucking break. No boss can hang with a hasted charm planar pet buffed to the max getting complete healed and you know it. That's why you abuse the hell out of it. There were no enchanters duo or solo farming efreeti back in the day. Or lord. Or Frenzy. It didn't happen and anyone who claims that it did can go fuck themselves. They are a liar.

Most of the bosses fear and dispell.
Charmed pets also have debuffed magic resist. Try killing Nagafen with one cleric and one chanter and see how far you get.

...Also back in the day on live, Enchanters would solo Fire Giants for fun, so gtfo.

Armin34
04-03-2010, 03:06 PM
as far as I see this post.
we're not talking about nagafin, we are talking about Maestro

Uaellaen
04-03-2010, 03:06 PM

We did know Maestro was up .. we have people that can utilize TRACK .. you heared of that skill?

My guild chat looked something like this "OMG IB zoning in they want our maestro!!" my reply "ignore them, just keep farming the trash mobs, let them have maestro. We are here to gear up" something along those lines ...

yes we did indeed clear towards maestro, and yes we most likley would have also killed him, but as its way more important for us to gear up, i didnt want to start a) a flame fest or b) rushing towards maestro with a freshly formed guild that still needs to mold together ... i wanted to avoid stupid CRs / Trains other accidents, so i decided to ignore maestro completly ...

on another note, i do not know who Audacious93c is, so i dont even know if he is affiliated with us at all :p and i assume you dont know who it is either, just assumed it must be one of us whining ... newsflash thou, we wont sulk and whine for some stupid raid mobs everyone and theyr grandmother can kill ... the REAL DEAL will come with veeshans peak and ntov ... there we will see who the REALY skilled people are ;)

Armin34
04-03-2010, 03:13 PM
well thats fine about how you wanted to farm the trash to mold your guild, but for a guild who crys and whines about the 30 min call, and for them to not even bother to contact you guys in respect to see if you were going to engage it is pretty shady. a normal guild would make some type of contact, and im sure someone from IB said "they didnt call their 30, we should hurry and leapfrog them for the kill"

Regardless of what reason Remedy was up there for, people were assuming, and you know what happens when we assume right? What if this wasn't the case? This whole situation is just roffle the woffle.

Uaellaen
04-03-2010, 03:18 PM
nt

guineapig
04-03-2010, 03:46 PM
well thats fine about how you wanted to farm the trash to mold your guild, but for a guild who crys and whines about the 30 min call, and for them to not even bother to contact you guys in respect to see if you were going to engage it is pretty shady. a normal guild would make some type of contact, and im sure someone from IB said "they didnt call their 30, we should hurry and leapfrog them for the kill"

Regardless of what reason Remedy was up there for, people were assuming, and you know what happens when we assume right? What if this wasn't the case? This whole situation is just roffle the woffle.

You can't call your own 30 minutes. People keep getting this wrong.
The second guild with 15 in zone (or at the staging area in some cases) is who needs to call the 30 minutes on the first guild that was there.

Hasbinbad
04-03-2010, 03:51 PM
You can't call your own 30 minutes. People keep getting this wrong.
The second guild with 15 in zone (or at the staging area in some cases) is who needs to call the 30 minutes on the first guild that was there.
You wouldn't THINK that people could misunderstand this so often.. It is very clearly spelled out in the rules. lol.

Ektar
04-03-2010, 04:20 PM
My guild chat looked something like this "OMG IB zoning in they want our maestro!!" my reply "ignore them, just keep farming the trash mobs, let them have maestro. We are here to gear up" something along those lines ...

yes we did indeed clear towards maestro, and yes we most likley would have also killed him, but as its way more important for us to gear up, i didnt want to start a) a flame fest or b) rushing towards maestro with a freshly formed guild that still needs to mold together ... i wanted to avoid stupid CRs / Trains other accidents, so i decided to ignore maestro completly ...

See yeah exactly. good for you there! The bottom line is, as said in the rules (either directly or indirectly I'm not going to reread them for which), being in a zone does not give you ownership of everything in it. Remedy was at the zoneline (not maestro), and we moved up to maestro and began to pull him. This scenario is analogous to having a raid force at solb royals when naggy pops, then IB rushing to FG prep and beginning to pull fire giants. I know someone said that it was some other way on live, where if a boss pops while another guild is in there no one bothers it, but (1) that's likely not true for every live server back then and (2) it's just different here regardless.

on another note, i do not know who Audacious93c is, so i dont even know if he is affiliated with us at all :p and i assume you dont know who it is either, just assumed it must be one of us whining ...

Indeed, I mistook this person's passionate whining with incorrect facts and assumptions as a person from the other party; as we so often deal with, ya know? But this is my fault, I accept it -- I should have also realized we just have people that want to use incorrect facts and assumptions against us at any cost for the fuck of it, and not jumped to a conclusion.

Well audacious93c, the people you were trying to "defend" (I put it in quotes cuz you don't really care about them and just want to attack us) have dispelled your falsehoods themselves. We didn't even have to do it.

Furthermore. Acarer is entitled to his opinion and quite welcome to discuss it on an open forum. However, his words do not represent IB's standpoint. We neither agree nor disagree here. Stop treating this as a big bad guild demanding more food scraps and treat it, like it is, as a single person expressing his thoughts and concerns.

Disagree with him? Say why. Don't care? don't reply.

Arkanjil
04-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Furthermore. Acarer is entitled to his opinion and quite welcome to discuss it on an open forum. However, his words do not represent IB's standpoint. We neither agree nor disagree here. Stop treating this as a big bad guild demanding more food scraps and treat it, like it is, as a single person expressing his thoughts and concerns.

Disagree with him? Say why. Don't care? don't reply.

Well said, slam dunk!

Otto
04-03-2010, 06:02 PM
bout time it ended up in here

Gwence
04-03-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm not anon you moron

You sound like a teenager on Xanex IRL bro. Don't even go there son.

P.S. Learn teh sarcasm. Maestro can be done with 1 cleric + 1 enchanter. Don't pretend like he's difficult. The mechanics on this server are totally fubared.

I'll try to work on my voice since it's bothering you so much. In the meantime however, why dont you fill me in on who you are?

P.S. How many times have you killed Maestro?

Audacious93c
04-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Indeed, I mistook this person's passionate whining with incorrect facts and assumptions as a person from the other party; as we so often deal with, ya know? But this is my fault, I accept it -- I should have also realized we just have people that want to use incorrect facts and assumptions against us at any cost for the fuck of it, and not jumped to a conclusion.

Well audacious93c, the people you were trying to "defend" (I put it in quotes cuz you don't really care about them and just want to attack us) have dispelled your falsehoods themselves. We didn't even have to do it.

Im glad you think Im whining when Im just stating what I saw and what friends within Remedy told me while I was there. Especially, when they started complaining to me that they said that IB told them nothing and gave them no options. Also, do you really think that Remedy wouldnt have killed him? Are you really that oblivious? Uuallaen even points out that he would have killed him if given the chance, comprehension is key in a forum.

The only bit I have to gain is to show the glaring disrespect your guild has for everyone else on this server. If you believe good politics is to take a freshly formed guild and start talking trash when a guild obviously leap frogs you is good for business; then I would suggest taking a step back from being a 1337 dude and examine what they have to gain/lose by doing so. Its obvious that Im not the only one that feels this way since this thread is making its way up the pages without even caring about the OP's suggestion. It was pointed out very clearly, that IB and Tranny got their feathers ruffled when Divinity downed Vox. It felt great to know Fish Bait killed Draco and stole him away from you (But we all know how that turned out, Im sure Salty thought that ban was nice of IB). Hence the 6am kill on Naggy this morning by both of your guilds together. It feels great for these guilds, including mine to pull the chair out from under your asses for once.

Also, sorry Im not reading the forums every waking minute to reply to your witty posts. /signed, the big bad Anonymous guy! OOnoozzz!

jkfranklin
04-03-2010, 08:15 PM
would love to see raid mobs just be ffa. would be great drama

karsten
04-03-2010, 08:37 PM
sup cast aka gnomercy aka the guy that played on this server way before i started, duped items that you gave to me and then tried to drag my name through the mud, and then got banned for hacking up a bluebie server

Dabamf
04-03-2010, 08:38 PM
This thread is refreshing and new. I've never seen ignorant people come out and make baseless accusations and judgments on situations where they aren't involved, and guilds judged for the single opinion of one member.

Oh wait...

Hasbinbad
04-03-2010, 09:17 PM
aka gnomercy
Hahahaha no fucking way!

karsten
04-03-2010, 11:13 PM
come for the harry potter maps, stay for the dumbass gms wiping the server every month, ok pal

i really prefer pvp servers but vztz is a ratfuck

Finawin
04-03-2010, 11:33 PM
who is "Thedudeabides"?

That is just an excuse for assclowns to hide behind their feigned apathy while simultaneously trying to insult people better than them.

"I don't care about this game, but here is my 9839 word essay on why I am a bitch."

Finawin
04-03-2010, 11:41 PM
No idea about the gnomercy reference or the duped items that "I gave you", but I was banned after like 1hour of being on the server after launch (and while I was hacking [bard speed MQing around], I was banned because of some GM that got butthurt in OOC because I pointed out that if 2boxing wasnt classic, then neither should global channels).

And yeah I did try to stir up some drama when I saw u were playing on the server by posting on FOH that I gave you a ton of duped rubies, was hoping you'd get banned as collateral damage for lulz.

Hope that clears it up, and we'd love if you would rejoin us on vztz if you want to give up your bluebie roots :) Kunark just around the corner, come for the powerleveling, stay for the yellowtext bro

No one is going to go from a vastly superior, successful, trustworthy, fun, server to an inferior, dying, MQ-using, corrupt, shitbag-filled server for broken "PVP".

karsten
04-03-2010, 11:56 PM
thedudeabides is apparently behind five firewalls

Murferoo
04-04-2010, 12:31 AM
would love to see raid mobs just be ffa. would be great drama

Maybe my memory is bad, but that's how it was on Fennin for a long long time. If you had the firepower you did it. You were considered douches, and the respectable guilds worked with each other but I don't remember strict rules.

Modus
04-04-2010, 12:46 AM
First off, this is Acarer member of IB...

<insert ramble>

...i just want everyone on the same playing field. im sure others agree with me.

Translation:

Now that there's competition, let's change the rules to make it easier for me.

imij
04-04-2010, 12:55 AM
maybe if things were FFA, certain guild tactics like your own would be more welcome.

just saying.

TheDudeAbides
04-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Most of the bosses fear and dispell.
Charmed pets also have debuffed magic resist. Try killing Nagafen with one cleric and one chanter and see how far you get.

...Also back in the day on live, Enchanters would solo Fire Giants for fun, so gtfo.

The formulas for charm did not work in old school vanilla EQ like they do here and you know it. Don't sit there and pretend that enchanters farmed FGs solo back before Kunark came out. They didn't. Charm didn't have any reliability until dire charm. No enchanters ran around encounters with planar mobs destroying everything in their path back in the day. Not during Kunark. Not during Velious either.

Notice I said Draco and Maestro concerning charmed mobs tanking. That's why you said "most of the bosses" without actually addressing the specific mobs I mentioned. If mass dispell is such an issue why do you see you running around towrads CT with a spectre in tow? Ever heard of buff stacking? Yea I thought so too.

Maestro can be done with 1 enchanter and 1 cleric. You should know since your guild has done it repeatedly while leapfrogging any other guild in the zone. And let's be honest here. Nobody is breaking any new ground here with this content. It was mastered 10 years ago. I mean give me a break.

Stop being a dishonest douchebag

Finawin
04-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Lol Enchanters did, I did, and so did my friends.

We did it regularly, even. You were either just bad or are talking straight from your asshole about enchanters. (my guess is both)

Running around Velious charming shit was extremely easy.

TheDudeAbides
04-04-2010, 01:07 AM
Lol Enchanters did, I did, and so did my friends.

We did it regularly, even. You were either just bad or are talking straight from your asshole about enchanters. (my guess is both)

Running around Velious charming shit was extremely easy.

Charm was not this broken in vanilla EQ

Raid mobs were not farmed using charm

Stop kissing people's asses that think more about the shit on the bottom of their shoes than they do you. It's embarrssing

Finawin
04-04-2010, 01:10 AM
Who am I kissing up to?

I'm just calling you out on your bullshit. It's kinda "my thing" if you haven't noticed. I have no tolerance for bullshit and you're full of it.

TheDudeAbides
04-04-2010, 01:11 AM
Who am I kissing up to?

I'm just calling you out on your bullshit. It's kinda "my thing" if you haven't noticed. I have no tolerance for bullshit and you're full of it.

Thank you for responding to the facts and substance

Unless you want to somehow claim charm was used extensively in 1999 vanilla Eq to farm raid targets like they are here? Or in Kunark? Or Velious raid mobs?

I didn't think so. Go crawl back in your troll hole

imij
04-04-2010, 01:18 AM
If i didnt have the guild tag under me (i do not speak on behalf of them btw) would my points be valid then? You see the problem... Variances have worked for quite sometime. but so did rotations when it was only 2 guilds (tho that is wildly debated) 30 minute timer is obviously not working, along with the variances we have.

This server is very competitive if everyone didnt notice. Having more then 5+ guilds now with the variances we have is starting to open doors on future problems. Trakanon anyone? All my post is suggesting (which i should have said in the first place) is variance window should be open for discussion

wider? how about completely random.

If things were completely random on spawn times, this would 100% promote a competitive environment, if it was possible. If nobody knew exactly when CT or Inny were about to pop, we wouldnt have guilds camping and wasting there time. I'm sure any guild who has been using this tactic knows what im talking about. It shouldnt be part of the game. in a way its ruining it. If you cant make it completely random, widen the spawn timer variance, and its done with.

Random spawn times, or wider windows = mobilization and skill more of a focal point. I would also suggest dropping the window of 30 minutes to kill once you have 15 in zone to something a little quicker. Being at the zone in and calling a target is ridiculous... if not, take it away completely. ( earlier suggestion of FFA )

Take it with a grain of salt. This is just my opinion

just saying

Acarer

Cowboy
04-04-2010, 01:18 AM
Woah woah everybody, you're gonna have to pay the troll toll to get the boy's hole.

Audacious93c
04-04-2010, 02:08 AM
Finawin, you're full of it. Charm wasnt near as powerful as it is now back in Classic.

Acarer, Its funny to see you pointing fingers at Fish Bait when you're in IB.

As for the Fennin Ro comment, I played on the server and the only two guilds that were worth a damn was Silvan Rangers and The Mystical Order from classic all the way to Shadows of Luclin. Hell, TMO is probably still going on strong and Silvan Rangers leader (Faelagund) turned out be a huge Flaming Gaze. Cant say I was glad to be under his leadership for so long.

Finawin
04-04-2010, 02:23 AM
I've been there.

I've done it.

I've watched others do it better than even I could handle at the time.

Arena groups with charmed giants anyone? Sure the enchanter or group died now and then, but the rewards far outweighed the risk.

I reiterate the part about you probably being terrible and couldn't handle it.

TheDudeAbides
04-04-2010, 06:17 AM
I've been there.

I've done it.

I've watched others do it better than even I could handle at the time.

Arena groups with charmed giants anyone? Sure the enchanter or group died now and then, but the rewards far outweighed the risk.

I reiterate the part about you probably being terrible and couldn't handle it.

Are you saying that the charm formulas are the same here that they were in 1999?

Is that what you are trying to tell me right now? Are you saying Maestro and draco were farmed with charmed planar mobs back in 99?

GTFO

Charm was never used this extensively to farm raid mobs. Yes that includes Velious. It was dicey AT BEST. Stop gaslighting shit and trolling up this thread with your asshattery

Hasbinbad
04-04-2010, 06:26 AM
Enchanters were always able to charm effectively. The formulas may not be exactly the same, but the effectiveness is close currently. The reason more enchanters did not was because they didn't have 255 charisma for the most part, and without that, charm IS useless. This is one (of MANY) examples of using non-classic strategy within a classic ruleset to accomplish things that were not accomplished during the classic period. We all know more now, older & wiser etc.

There's an old bull and a young bull grazing on the pasture. The young bull looks down the way a bit and sees a bunch of hot young heifers grazing with no bulls around. Excitedly, he exclaims: "Hey old bull, let's run down there and fuck one of those cows!" The old bull snickers softly and he languidly starts walking towards the females, saying: "No boy. Let's walk down, and fuck them all."

Never underestimate experience.

TheDudeAbides
04-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Enchanters were always able to charm effectively. The formulas may not be exactly the same, but the effectiveness is close currently. The reason more enchanters did not was because they didn't have 255 charisma for the most part, and without that, charm IS useless.

What server were you playing on? This statement is utter bullshit. 255 CHA was easy as hell to get back in the day, and I can assure you Enchanters were testing/messing/parsing numbers back then as much as they are now. You don't even need 255 CHA to effectively hold a planar mob anyways. 240 CHA with tash/malo on a blue and it won't break. Buff it/haste/profit. Charm on this server is OP/Broken. It's easy mode ridiculous how broken and OP it is. Most enchanters back in the day even had CHA sets and INT sets. The reason why enchanters didn't bother with 255 CHA after awhile is because charm was completely chaotic and unstable. It never held for very long. That was the intent. Otherwise, it trivializes content which is EXACTLY what has happened here. No dev in his right mind professionally designing a game would allow something like this current form of charm to exist in their game. You're fucking dreaming pal.

Variance IS the problem. The solution is to REMOVE IT. Variance is not classic. Variance allows the one guild full of weirdos to sit and track every zone with afk druids 24/7 and not have to pick/choose which mobs to kill. As of now they just barge into any zone, breath down your neck or leap frog you. Seriously, at least pay your lackeys minimum wage for this shit.

The way it worked back in the day, guilds were fairly diplomatic. If a guild was in fear clearing and draco or CT was due, people didn't bother them. They were allowed to raid in peace. Here there are 2-3 afk druids from a few guilds parked at your raid. It's stupid. As soon as a boss pops, the phones are ringing and waking slumbering psychopaths from their dreams of 10 year content glory to come slay the dragon with the magic sword. It's silly and WEIRD to be like this over this shit. It's fucking embarrassing and disturbing. This is a fucking video game people, but to one group of weirdos it has become a sickness.

Finawin
04-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Lol you have no idea what you're talking about. I bet you were level 40 in Velious.

Icecometus
04-04-2010, 01:01 PM
I agree that killing maestro and draco with charmed pets is lame but hey... it works! So it will be done.

Pheer
04-04-2010, 01:27 PM
What server were you playing on? This statement is utter bullshit. 255 CHA was easy as hell to get back in the day, and I can assure you Enchanters were testing/messing/parsing numbers back then as much as they are now. You don't even need 255 CHA to effectively hold a planar mob anyways. 240 CHA with tash/malo on a blue and it won't break. Buff it/haste/profit. Charm on this server is OP/Broken. It's easy mode ridiculous how broken and OP it is. Most enchanters back in the day even had CHA sets and INT sets. The reason why enchanters didn't bother with 255 CHA after awhile is because charm was completely chaotic and unstable. It never held for very long. That was the intent. Otherwise, it trivializes content which is EXACTLY what has happened here. No dev in his right mind professionally designing a game would allow something like this current form of charm to exist in their game. You're fucking dreaming pal.

Variance IS the problem. The solution is to REMOVE IT. Variance is not classic. Variance allows the one guild full of weirdos to sit and track every zone with afk druids 24/7 and not have to pick/choose which mobs to kill. As of now they just barge into any zone, breath down your neck or leap frog you. Seriously, at least pay your lackeys minimum wage for this shit.

The way it worked back in the day, guilds were fairly diplomatic. If a guild was in fear clearing and draco or CT was due, people didn't bother them. They were allowed to raid in peace. Here there are 2-3 afk druids from a few guilds parked at your raid. It's stupid. As soon as a boss pops, the phones are ringing and waking slumbering psychopaths from their dreams of 10 year content glory to come slay the dragon with the magic sword. It's silly and WEIRD to be like this over this shit. It's fucking embarrassing and disturbing. This is a fucking video game people, but to one group of weirdos it has become a sickness.

you mad bro?

Hasbinbad
04-04-2010, 01:30 PM

You sound kinda mad, bro.

Hasbinbad
04-04-2010, 01:30 PM
you mad bro?
I swear I didn't read this before I posted ^. lol.

Finawin
04-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Who is this guy anyways? I remember him crying up a storm when Charm was getting fixed I think.

Shamaeso
04-04-2010, 02:48 PM
GTFO

Stop gaslighting shit and trolling up this thread with your asshattery

Seems like the only one Trolling and asshattery as you put it is you. Have you made a single point yet other then spew off unsupported assumptions?

Hasbinbad
04-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Seems like the only one Trolling and asshattery as you put it is you. Have you made a single point yet other then spew off unsupported assumptions?
This.

Nice wtfpwnage Shamaeso!

Walter Sobchak
04-04-2010, 07:02 PM

Nothing is fucked here, Dude. Come on, you're being very un-Dude.

Scrooge
04-05-2010, 03:33 PM
This thread is just LOL....I'm so glad I don't partake in any of this bullshit "raiding drama" anymore, you guys are just making this server less and less playable, you do realize this right?

You're gonna screw it up for others, then others will screw it up for someone else, and then it will set off a chain reaction where everybody just stops giving a shit and stops playing altogether! Nobody wins....nobody!

Dabamf
04-05-2010, 03:47 PM
pretty sure im currently winning

Ektar
04-05-2010, 10:49 PM
scrooge, your insight and wisdom sets off a chain reaction in my brain that makes me marvel in the splendor that is your completely meaningless words.

Modus
04-06-2010, 02:12 AM
pretty sure im currently winning

hahaha

Whoever did not read this thread: wins!

lamruil
04-06-2010, 03:50 AM
hahaha

Whoever did not read this thread: wins!

I loose.... and my ass hasn't even been to a plane yet this server.

trolleleet
04-06-2010, 05:52 AM
Whoever was in fear last night is a tool.

Arkanjil
04-06-2010, 06:17 AM
Whoever was in fear last night is a tool.

You honestly call that comment trolling? Try again!

trolleleet
04-06-2010, 06:43 AM
You honestly call that comment trolling? Try again!

Im sad to hear you cant handle the truth Mr. Troll! Now please go away.

jettoki
04-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Coming at this problem from the perspective of someone who is currently level 3... :)

FFA is asking for trouble. Back in the day, it was an invitation for one guild to completely dominate every raid spawn on the server. On Veeshan, it became an institutionalized rule that FoH got first pick at everything, because quite simply, they could take it if they wanted it.

Maybe people don't like the idea of waiting in a line with 6+ guilds, but that's what alliances are for. You top tier guilds need to start cooperating with each other if you want to stop the ass-hattery and drama.

grindle
04-06-2010, 09:49 AM
I haven't done any raiding on here yet but i have done raiding on live extensively and i have to say personally i am all for first come first server. When two raids show up at raid boss at the same time let them both try to kill it and the ones who do the most damage should get the kill. I have never understood all the drama about raid bosses , if you miss this spawn it will spawn again and grab it that time and everyone still gets there loot. I have always thought that having PVP enabled (like the arena) around the area of high demand raid bosses would be great , if two raids show up for the raid boss let them fight it out for the right to farm the boss then natural selection takes over.

Just my two coppers worth, now FLAME ON (im cold and the flames are warm LOL)

YendorLootmonkey
04-06-2010, 10:01 AM
if you miss this spawn it will spawn again and grab it that time and everyone still gets there loot.

Except if a guild wants to be a real douchebag, the competitive move is to keep grabbing the spawn and deprive other guilds of the gear, even at the cost of letting it rot, to ensure that your guild has the leg up (gearwise) on raid content when the subsequent expansion comes out.

imij
Basically if FFA isn't the answer, at the very least variance and 30 minute timers need some retooling. like my previous post on page 6 mentions.

Acarer

Bobafett
I haven't done any raiding on here yet but i have done raiding on live extensively and i have to say personally i am all for first come first server. When two raids show up at raid boss at the same time let them both try to kill it and the ones who do the most damage should get the kill. I have never understood all the drama about raid bosses , if you miss this spawn it will spawn again and grab it that time and everyone still gets there loot

Then you get horrible zerg tactics from both guilds, with ass hat memblurs and trains :p It's not pretty.

If you miss the raid mob spawning, more than likely you'll miss it next time too :p

Scrooge
04-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Except if a guild wants to be a real douchebag, the competitive move is to keep grabbing the spawn and deprive other guilds of the gear, even at the cost of letting it rot, to ensure that your guild has the leg up (gearwise) on raid content when the subsequent expansion comes out.

Very true, especially on this server. Though "competitive" would imply that other guilds have a chance at attempting said spawn, whereas here...they try to eliminate the "chance to attempt" even if they have nothing to gain by killing said spawn....

Welcome to P99 Raiding 101.

Hasbinbad
09-04-2010, 12:10 PM
SPAM ZOMG
best bot resurrection ever

Wenai
09-04-2010, 12:39 PM
best bot resurrection ever
wrong. The one I deleted this morning advertising college girls pooping in diapers was the best bot resurrection ever.

Otto
09-04-2010, 01:59 PM
bahahahhahaha,

wish they'd ressurect mroe shit from page 25+

People could actually learn a thing or two bout the good ol' rants & flames days.

Arachnos99
09-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Ouch, is all i can say lol. Karsten took out the big stick, hit him over the head, and then realized two posts later he had names mixed up.

zianlo1
09-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Fuck you op and your bitchiness about raid targets.

Kill it if you can, if you cant, gtfo. Its contested for a reason, which was an entirely HUGE part of classic. If you want pretty fairies and unicorns in a nice lil instance where you can have a circle jerk til your whole raid arrives, go play wow or EQ2.

This is classic EQ. Contested mobs are part of it. Eventually, this server will get to the point of how things were in live, back in the day with a much large community. Competition is the name of the game when it comes to contested.

Server rules or not, fuck the pnp and "raid rules" in place.

zianlo1
09-04-2010, 04:01 PM
My edit button is gone =( Anyways, no, I dont check dates on threads before I post =P

Dukat
09-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Server rules or not, fuck the pnp and "raid rules" in place.

Every time new raid rules are introduced its only a matter of time before people rally to change them again. This is because people want control over their own environments. Until the server becomes FFA (not likely) have fun playing RogeanQuest

Reiker
09-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Myth, we used to be pals. It's really sad what happened to you.

Man I was saying this same thing like 10 months ago.

Reiker
09-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Ouch, is all i can say lol. Karsten took out the big stick, hit him over the head, and then realized two posts later he had names mixed up.

If you knew Karsten then you'd know there's a 99% chance that he's drunk while making any given post.

Corpsechucker
09-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Spawn variance is stupid as shit. It is not classic and it did not stop spawn camping AT ALL. If anything needs to be done to let everyone get a shot at the fun that's not classic it should be instancing.

Is beating the content the fun part for players? (favor instancing)
Is competition (competition defined as all the drama/leapfroging/training/exploiting/douching) what makes it fun for players?

Glitch
09-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Uhmm. is it just me, or is this a really old thread?

Kutter
09-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Uhmm. is it just me, or is this a really old thread?

somebody necro'd it, and people who don't have the faintest are flippin out.

Lostprophets
09-04-2010, 06:53 PM
WAYBACK MACHINE AHOY!

...Travel to the 6th day of april Yo!

READY GO!

Bubbles
09-04-2010, 08:24 PM
wrong. The one I deleted this morning advertising college girls pooping in diapers was the best bot resurrection ever.

lol there was some awesome ones this morning for sure.