PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: NPC Damage, AC Values, Hit to Miss Ratio's

Doors
10-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Not really sure how I can help out with this other than post a few rounds of combat against NPCs so here is a screenshot of a typical 2v1 fight of me and my druid box against a dark blue con mob.

NPC: Highkeep guard
CON: Dark blue
AC: 502
ATTK: 572
Classes: 30 warrior, 29 druid
Buffs: SoW, Skin like Steel, Strength of Earth, Shield of Brambles
Weapon: 2h slash
Weapon Skill: 125-130

http://i51.tinypic.com/10yig4n.jpg

Used 50% of my mana on greater heal, both the warrior and druid still died. I never remembered highkeep guards hitting for 71 which I assume is their max.

Basso
10-19-2011, 09:18 PM
I remember them being excessively tough and a total undercon on live, so they may be right but it was a long ass time ago so I can't say for sure.

Lazortag
10-19-2011, 09:54 PM
This is an example of a bad bug report. The op asserts that there's a bug but doesn't explain what the intended behaviour should be. His evidence consists of memory ("I never remembered [it being that way]") with no links to old websites, everlore archives, or anything that could support his claim. It's also unclear what the "bug" is - the thread title says "NPC Damage, AC Values, Hit to Miss Ratio's", but the first isn't clearly a bug (he's using a sample size of 1 mob which could very well just be a tougher mob since it's a guard, and hasn't said what the appropriate max damage should be for a mob of that level (he also doesn't say what the mob's level is)), the second isn't shown to be abnormal in his logs (the mob hits for max 28% of the time which is pretty sweet honestly), and the third is taken over a sample of six hits when his melee skill isn't even appropriate for his level.

I hope from reading this that you, too, can learn how to spot a bad bug report.

Jigga
10-20-2011, 09:45 AM
question i have is, does current npc dmg,ac value, and hit ratio differ on red99 compared to p99?

gloinz
10-20-2011, 10:56 AM
mob damage is fine highkeep guards always hit that hard ( dont fuck with captain bosec if you think that guard qanyl is tough)

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=1608

Oct 04 2003 at 10:55 AM Rating: Default
applemanfour
94 posts
Lowest level gaurd in zone, very few HP still hits for 60-70+ though. Easy for a melee to camp him if there like 25+, My necro did it at 20, my ranger did him alittle at around level 22, just have to be able to hit hard and fast and he'll be down b4 u know it!

Lazortag
10-20-2011, 11:21 AM
mob damage is fine highkeep guards always hit that hard ( dont fuck with captain bosec if you think that guard qanyl is tough)

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=1608

That's from 2003 and doesn't say anything about Guard Qanyl. Either way, I confirmed in the other thread that either blue99 or the beta server has a bug with mob damage since they are different (Qanyl hits for 56 (twice his level, which is normal) on blue99, but 71 on beta). So you might be right but they'd have to change the damage on blue99 as well.

I still stand by what I said that this is a really poor bug report. Shoddy work Doors.

Amuk
10-20-2011, 12:16 PM
I remeber guards always underconning, even like lowbie nektulos ones and shit - test a goblin etc.

Doors
10-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Geegoo try not to troll the fucking bug forums. Something is definitely wrong with mob damage and hit to miss chances vs. NPCs. Do you just think everyone is making this shit up?

http://i55.tinypic.com/2hn3o0m.jpg

Against a green con mob fleeing with 15% life from behind. Why don't you tell me thats normal while you're at it.

jilena
10-20-2011, 12:49 PM
I agree that the miss rate seems excessive there. How high is your character's strength/atk? I assume weapon skill is maxed for his level? Let me know if you want to try again later I'll run my shaman over and give you max stat buffs and see if it changes. I know playing my ranger on p99 I had both str and hp gear and the str gear made such a huge diff that I was better off wearing 60 or so str than 400 hp for most groups.

Rogean said some changes were made on this and would be in in the next patch I believe a while back but I am not sure if that patch actually went in or the last patching was just Null's resists.

gloinz
10-20-2011, 12:51 PM
That's from 2003 and doesn't say anything about Guard Qanyl. Either way, I confirmed in the other thread that either blue99 or the beta server has a bug with mob damage since they are different (Qanyl hits for 56 (twice his level, which is normal) on blue99, but 71 on beta). So you might be right but they'd have to change the damage on blue99 as well.

I still stand by what I said that this is a really poor bug report. Shoddy work Doors.

if guard blayle the lowest level mob hit for 60-70, then by law of "duh" the higher level guard qanyl (by at least 8, up to 10) is gonna hit for more.

infact his damage looks low to me he should be double attacking you for 80 but this im not positive of