View Full Version : PvP Beta Patch Notes October 29th

Rogean
10-29-2011, 02:01 AM
Patch notes for PvP Beta

PvP Range is now scaled as follows:
Levels 1 to 19: 4 Levels
Levels 20 to 39: 6 Levels
Levels 40+: 8 Levels
Combat will be allowed based on the lower level player's pvp range.

The Dynamic System has been disabled.
In addition to a red name, conning a player will now indicate if they are attackable by giving a faction of threateningly instead of indifferently.
You should now be able to dispell your own pet.
The following zones are now FFA PvP (They contain no PvP Level Limit):
Solusek B
Permafrost
Plane of Hate
Plane of Fear
Plane of Air
Sebilis
Veeshan's Peak

The following items are now ingame
Cryosilk Robe
Lustrous Russet
Bladestorm, Katana of Steel Sleet
Manastone
Box of Abu-Kar
Guise of the Deceiver
Rubicite Armor
Scimitar of the Mistwalker

Greenkrak
10-29-2011, 02:10 AM
sweet

Greenkrak
10-29-2011, 02:11 AM
big props on attackable players con Threatening

AWESOME

Lovely
10-29-2011, 02:21 AM
Nm got my answer in game. Thanks for the awesome patch!

Pudge
10-29-2011, 04:57 AM
awesome. love the changes, as well as the fact that we get patch notes! makes the server LEGIT

especially liking the FFA zones.

maybe could reconsider/rework the dynamic system once everything else settles down. great idea in theory, but in practice it seems very hard to make it air tight non-exploitable

Zigfreed
10-29-2011, 05:58 AM
Very nice work both on your actions and to listening to the players and responding with both common sense and moderation of your reactions.

Palemoon
10-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Very good Rogean. This is aways down the road, but when Kunark comes out and the over 52 rule kicks in for vox/naggy, i'd drop the FFA status of solb and perma and transfer it to a couple high level kunark zones like chardok and karnors for overking/venril raids. No need for lvl 60s to swoop into Permafrost to ruin lvl 51's trying to raid vox. Or lvl 60's one shotting lvl 30's xping on goblins or kobolds for that matter.

But for now, things like perfect, streamline and sensible.

Nuggie
10-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Patch notes for PvP Beta

In addition to a red name, conning a player will now indicate if they are attackable by giving a faction of threateningly instead of indifferently.
Solusek B
Permafrost
Plane of Hate
Plane of Fear
Plane of Air
Sebilis
Veeshan's Peak

Cryosilk Robe
Lustrous Russet
Manastone
Box of Abu-Kar
Guise of the Deceiver
Rubicite Armor

Yes!

Barn
10-29-2011, 11:14 AM
This is grand! Thank you all for the work.
Thanks also to beta testers and veterans of pvp who helped with ideas. Blood will flow.
I will wager 1,000 plat that Sony opens a progression pvp server with these rules within two years.

Shrubwise
10-29-2011, 11:59 AM
A huge step in the right direction.

That dynamic PvP system was just retarded to all hell. Sorry Rogean, I love your work and all but were you dropping mescaline when you came up with that or what?

Crenshinabon
10-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Rogean, YOU ARE AWESOME!
Null, and Nill and all the other staff included!
Body is ready.

lethdar
10-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Nice changes, body remains ready.

Smedy
10-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Patch notes for PvP Beta

Solusek B
Permafrost
Plane of Hate
Plane of Fear
Plane of Air
Sebilis
Veeshan's Peak

Cryosilk Robe
Lustrous Russet
Manastone
Box of Abu-Kar
Guise of the Deceiver
Rubicite Armor

Great list of changes, thank you!

Softcore PK
10-29-2011, 02:29 PM
I still think the dynamic system would have been fine if the bugs could be worked out.

Null
10-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Also not listed in the patch notes (probably because I forgot to update the change log, sorry lord rogean).

CC spell resists were tweaked a bit. Instead of having the resistance mod be static, it now scales with your resistance.

In the previous patch if you had 50MR and a root spell was cast on you, the server would bump your resistance up to 75MR for purposes of that spell. But if you had 150MR it would only bump it up to 175MR.

Now if you have 50MR the server will only bump you up to 63MR, but if you have 150MR it would bump it to 188MR.

Also Mez should be a little harder to land (it didn't have a mod before).

Nixus
10-29-2011, 04:04 PM
^^ awesome

Rushmore
10-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Patch notes for PvP Beta

Solusek B
Permafrost
Plane of Hate
Plane of Fear
Plane of Air
Sebilis
Veeshan's Peak

I appreciate the compromise and making some FFA zones. Thank you.
I just don't want people to be able to exploit there class/level over a manastone camp where a higher level player can do nothing about it! This will happen.

I'm not asking for South Karana here! In these higher level dungeons you are making it possible for lower level spies that won't be attack able. It's an exploited strategy this server would be better off not having.

Thank you again for the changes.

gloinz
10-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Also not listed in the patch notes (probably because I forgot to update the change log, sorry lord rogean).

CC spell resists were tweaked a bit. Instead of having the resistance mod be static, it now scales with your resistance.

In the previous patch if you had 50MR and a root spell was cast on you, the server would bump your resistance up to 75MR for purposes of that spell. But if you had 150MR it would only bump it up to 175MR.

Now if you have 50MR the server will only bump you up to 63MR, but if you have 150MR it would bump it to 188MR.

thx null i'll b comfortable charging into full groups like johhnny rambo again

Softcore PK
10-29-2011, 05:54 PM
At the manastone camp, couldn't higher level players KS lower level?

Tamiah2011
10-29-2011, 06:13 PM
I really wish I could be there......Have to be at Gallery 63 for auction tommorow, what time do you all think it will last?

georgie
10-29-2011, 06:14 PM
lol real nice

Ximo
10-29-2011, 07:02 PM
awesome patch! you guys never cease to amaze

Remington
10-29-2011, 08:06 PM
Absolutely awesome. On all points, this is beautiful, you guys rock. Thank you for the hard work!

Terpuntine
10-29-2011, 08:26 PM
I appreciate the compromise and making some FFA zones. Thank you.
I just don't want people to be able to exploit there class/level over a manastone camp where a higher level player can do nothing about it! This will happen.

I'm not asking for South Karana here! In these higher level dungeons you are making it possible for lower level spies that won't be attack able. It's an exploited strategy this server would be better off not having.

Thank you again for the changes.

Considering Lower Guk is not on the FFA list it looks like you will continue to lose sleep over the situation.

Darwoth
10-29-2011, 10:42 PM
are the thex dagger or gilded tiny skull earring going to make a reappearance?

Pudge
10-30-2011, 05:42 AM

sorry Null, but i don't like these changes! either of them.

i like my enchanters to land their Mez on me, and I like my newbs to have an extra bump to their resists, while the pros / farmers don't gain even more MR than they need... i thought resists were supposed to generally work on a diminishing returns system..? not the opposite !

mitic
10-30-2011, 08:56 AM
smedy, at what time are event vendors in today, midnight CET or earlier?

Rushmore
10-30-2011, 12:51 PM
At the manastone camp, couldn't higher level players KS lower level?

No not always. A level 30ish mage will out dps most 50 classes. Just wait for it....

Rushmore
10-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Considering Lower Guk is not on the FFA list it looks like you will continue to lose sleep over the situation.

I did get something accomplished.

Softcore PK
10-30-2011, 01:14 PM
No not always. A level 30ish mage will out dps most 50 classes. Just wait for it....

Then the 50s should bring more dps.

L1ch
10-30-2011, 09:15 PM
excellent PVP changes
excellent zone FFA changes