PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Pets, Wisps, and Seahorses

Reiker
11-02-2009, 05:38 PM
a) M y level 8 necromancer's pet could not hit willowisps. My level 8 mage's pet could hit willowisps. Pretty sure they're both supposed to be able to at 8.

b) All willowisps should drop a burned out lightstone, a lightstone, or a greater lightstone. I just killed a wisp and it dropped nothing but coin. Not that big a deal since burned out lightstones are just as pointless as nothing, but another classic thing to report nonetheless.

c) At least one seahorse paths across erud's crossing just as if it was a normal mob... seahorses shouldn't path on land.

Insidious
11-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Pretty sure pets could start hitting magical creatures at lv 12 on clsasic?

Jify
11-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Pretty sure pets could start hitting magical creatures at lv 12 on clsasic?

True

guineapig
11-03-2009, 10:44 AM
I could have sworn that burnt out lightstones were not in classic

Mordin
11-03-2009, 01:34 PM
I thought burned-out lightstones were added when the newbie armors were added.

Also, did your mage pet have a summoned weapon?

Reiker
11-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Didn't give a magic weapon to my level 8 pet. Matter of fact, I loaded the spell (summon dagger) and completely forgot to cast it, and was surprised to see the pet had no problem hitting wisps with absolutely no weapons. The level 8 necromancer pet absolutely cannot hit magical creatures.

I used to hunt erud's crossing a lot in classic... I definitely remember every single wisp dropping some sort of lightstone. Like I said, it doesn't even really matter if you add burned out lightstones to the "empty" corpses as they're just as useless, but it'd make things more accurate to classic. Pretty sure they never had a use in classic, maybe they gave them one later with the newbie quests, but they were definitely in years before those quests were introduced.

President
11-03-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm pretty sure this has come up in a previous post and the mage pet hitting magic at level 8 needs to be taken out and both pets need to start hitting at 12.

Mordin
11-03-2009, 05:10 PM
That's what I get for trying to go by memory! They did drop those no rent burnt out lightstones.