PDA

View Full Version : playing on a netbook..

Zasc
04-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Hi all,

Am thinking about getting a netbook and was wondering if EQ was playable on one?

Would be nice to have when I travel.

Cheers.

Jify
04-05-2010, 05:55 PM
I think a few of our members play on one from time to time. I'm playing full time on a Net-top (1.6 ghz atom processor, 2 gig ram, etc.) and I have zero lag and 100% playability. Can even run video recording stuff like FRAPS in-game with minimal lag.

8D

Edit: But I suggest (this is what I'm going to try and do) putting EQ on a Flash Drive, and just taking that with you. Plugger in and your good to go! Will test this out next term in school! Hope it works. 8D

Lonedrahon25
04-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Will test this out next term in school!

Looks like you wont be studying lol.

Jify
04-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Looks like you wont be studying lol.

Bah. Why study at school when you can study at home while camping something? ;D

mixxit
04-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Definately works on a netbook on 3g, tested this a while back when i ran the eqlite server and you can speed it up by stripping models out, secrets was a big help with that. Just don't expect performance like you get on your main pc!

FatMagic
04-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Loaded it on a Dell Mini 11, works great!

Gamkek
06-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Just wanted to update this thread saying I got EQLite working off a flash drive on my MSI Wind U100 in 1024x600 (1.6Ghz Atom, 1GB RAM).

It was sluggish at first because I built my EQLite flash from my home install, but once I turned the sky off it was quick as a whip!

I may go back in later and see if there are other things I can turn off so I can put the sky back...you start to miss the sky after a while. :(

Extunarian
06-11-2010, 12:43 PM
I play on this when I'm away or when the GF camps the desktop PC:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002PY7OJE/ref=oss_product

Also, when playing where Wi-Fi is unavailable, I use my blackberry as a modem on T-Mobile's 2G network, with no problems. Their 3G network is supposedly faster but I don't notice a difference, and 3G is more likely to disconnect with its poorer coverage.