PDA

View Full Version : Considering R99

djdownward
11-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Title says it.

Heard about P99 about a month and a half ago, been playing there ever since and ran into a buddy I played with back on live, so we have been monk/shaman duoing.

Needless to say, the fresh start is very appealing, and I like pvp.

One of our concerns is being 2 people out there like a boat with no radio, all alone in a big world with no help in sight. Wanted to see how orginization going on, groups or guilds taking on people already?

We are both semi-casual players, both with full time jobs, but time to play most evenings, and we are both pretty gung-ho, want to be utility, versatile, and duo/group cohesive.

He played a pretty damn good bard on live and thinks he wants to go back to that. I played a magician and am pretty sure I don't wanna do that again, so I was thinking of sticking with a shaman or other OP class to back him up.

Also, we have both played PvP a a lot in other games and MMO's, but our experience on EQ is limited to arena and duels, but we are fast learners, and long time EQ players, any advice or people interested in having us around if we want to go cray cray on R99.

Let the flames begin. Thanks anyway.

Softcore PK
11-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Well, what are you looking for in a guild? If you want to kill everyone you come across except your own guild, you're going to want to look into one of the random PK guilds. Some examples are Holocaust, Imaginary Friends and Fish Bait. If you want a guild that tries to be friendly with unguilded people, and protects the populous from the PKs, you want an anti guild. Like Spear of the Nation, or (I think?) Flowers of Happiness.

All of these guilds aspire to participate in the raiding scene, at least some.

Shwingler
11-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Flowers of Happiness... I lol'd

djdownward
11-17-2011, 12:47 AM
So, talked to my buddy, and we are really fuckin excited about R99 now.

Gonna be a half elf bard and an ogre shaman running together, looking for either a group or guild with full-time work schedule friendly play hours, more on weekend.

Down for the PK's.

Truth
11-17-2011, 12:48 AM

I went to a hardcore show once and had my ribs broken.

Not in the pit itself, I was too busy hiding at the back, it was actually outside where someone hugged me in such a manner that it broke one of my ribs.

I was all like "YO I BROKE A RIB AT THE SHOW YO!"

Then I fell down a flight of stairs a week later and broke it again.

i still can't stop laughing.

Miller
11-17-2011, 01:15 AM

Flowers of Happiness is THE premier Christian anti-PK role-play guild.
If you want to slay sinner PK's in the name of Christ I would definitely join them

djdownward
11-17-2011, 01:17 AM
Flowers of Happiness is THE premier Christian anti-PK role-play guild.
If you want to slay sinner PK's in the name of Christ I would definitely join them

Not sure if I could handle Flower of Happiness. Fansy kinda killed it for me.

oldfish
11-17-2011, 01:50 AM
lol of fansy the bard fame? How can anybody not like that?

tsaC
11-17-2011, 02:09 AM
fish bait heard they're elitwwee