PDA

View Full Version : Another classic server

tcoleman152
04-07-2010, 03:18 PM
there is a server up ATM under the standered server list called -Another classic server. (4x xp / 1ip per acct) so if you need a classic eq fix heres where to get it

Uaellaen
04-07-2010, 03:30 PM
yeah as if i would want to start another classic character on another server ... 4x xp means experience gain is 4 times faster? not classic ... dont think you followed those boards here for long :P

every slight glitch is beeing flamed with "NOT CLASSIC!!!" ...

thanks for the info thou ;)

tcoleman152
04-07-2010, 03:35 PM
ok well not a TRUE classic server but if your bored it'll do

magic
04-07-2010, 04:18 PM
I support this thread. If p99 had 4x exp rates it would easily be the greatest server of all time.

LittleSorcerer7
04-07-2010, 04:21 PM
if p1999 had 4x exp id probably rip my hair out and then cry, not necessarily in that order

magic
04-07-2010, 04:23 PM
you like getting .1 of a blue per kill? damn :o

Cryptwalker
04-07-2010, 04:44 PM
The thing i liked on the good old everquest1 was the fact, that it was so hard to get a high level, not while it was so easy, like in WoW or other wussy childlike games. EQ 1 was THE Hardcore PvE game, hard to level, you feared each step into a zone you don't know. In Wow you put all items in your bank and run into a zone, to scout it out. In EQ when you die, you lose exp, THATS hard but you have the feeling of real danger when you walk through a zone with higher lvl mobs.

Sorry for the bad english, i am from Germany AND i learned my english 11 years ago on Solusek Ro as a half elve Druid. And we talked like this "Whuts upp?" , try to learn correct english when you only talk with nearly analphabetic americans.

attacker
04-07-2010, 04:48 PM
its the only classic server LOL

Uaellaen
04-07-2010, 04:51 PM
joa wir bayern sind hardcore! ;)

guineapig
04-07-2010, 04:51 PM
I support this thread. If p99 had 4x exp rates it would easily be the greatest server of all time.

Yeah, we would have 20 guilds fighting over the limited raid targets... :rolleyes:

DevGrousis
04-07-2010, 05:17 PM
i'm going to give it a try. better than EZ server or PEQ lol

lets look at it as our shitty (just because of 4x xp) displacement camp lol if everyone gets on there, at least it will be something to do and fun for us while we wait

ArkhamCifre
04-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Regards 4xp and all the other calls to WoW-igy P1999. Either you love the grind and the frustration of slogging thru the levels. Love the destroy-that-trash compared to Live loots or you don't. If you don't then why are u even playing on 1999? Some of us are truecore masocists and love this sheet so please stop asking to change P1999.

ArkhamCifre
04-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Having saaid that I'll probably go play this another classic server just for a fix. But pray for the moment when I can get back to P1999 and the soul crushung grind. 'Cuz I luvz it

Webwolf
04-07-2010, 05:43 PM
What does PEQ mean anyway? I keep seeing that on other server names.

andymc1980
04-07-2010, 05:49 PM
PROJECT EVERQUEST

Uaellaen
04-07-2010, 05:56 PM
oh i thought it stands for "Pisseasy Everquest" :o

Nedala
04-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Sorry for the bad english, i am from Germany AND i learned my english 11 years ago on Solusek Ro as a half elve Druid. And we talked like this "Whuts upp?" , try to learn correct english when you only talk with nearly analphabetic americans.

lol EXACTLY the same here; expect i was paladin not druid then :D

What was your name / guild on solro?

Phorest
04-07-2010, 08:19 PM
about 40 folks playing over there right now.. lets see if we can crash it ;)

BarackObooma
04-07-2010, 08:26 PM
I started a dorf cleric on there. The goblins outside kaladim dropped 1-4 beer each and every third one dropped a backpack. The loot tables are obviously wonky but it was still fun. The GM - Liched was saying he could replicate your current character & equipment I think. So you didn't have to start all over.

Zordana
04-07-2010, 08:29 PM

hah same here but i was a necro and 13 and on the nameless ;)

VincentVolaju
04-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Im gona try this 4x classic server to try out other class's. Ive never really played EQ much before, never did endgame or anything like that so this would be nice I thinks. Its the same rules as p1999, you just get to level 4x quicker, I like the idea =D Though, once p1999 Ill be right back there on my Level 9 Cleric (Lol I am soooo bad...) However, If this 4x server has any population, I might keep my 2nd character there for funs.

Oh, and that classic DAoC someone posted in another friend is pretty damn fun also =P

MogManX44
04-07-2010, 08:43 PM
hey mixx, its Lavera man, every time i try to connect to the server now i get to char select screen ok, but when i try to log in to any character from there, i get an instant disconnect, any way to fix this?

VincentVolaju
04-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Just made a level 1 Wood Elf Warrior, lets see how quickly I can catch up to my level 9 on p1999! Lol

mixxit
04-07-2010, 09:08 PM
hey mixx, its Lavera man, every time i try to connect to the server now i get to char select screen ok, but when i try to log in to any character from there, i get an instant disconnect, any way to fix this?

sounds like your character is still in the world and it thinks you're trying to multi-box on the same account

maybe wait for it to timeout and give it a go

MogManX44
04-07-2010, 09:10 PM
first time trying to log in since i left last night, also tried logging in another server and it works just fine, i guess ill give like 20 mins or so and try again to see if it is the multibox issue like you suggested

MogManX44
04-07-2010, 09:35 PM
ok, its no longer insta DCing me from character select screen, but instead of loggin in, i crash and get a popup saying.....

EverQuest has detected that your client may have crashed.

It is oftem possible to determine where and why the crash occurred.
Click Yes to send this data back to the developers in an effort to help the stability of the game.

The only personal information that will be sent with the data is the character logged in, the server they were on and the zone they were in at the time.

obviously im not going to send any info on the crash to sony, but do you, or anyone else know what might be the problem here? i have changed absolutely no files in my eq directory since the last time i played with no issues, so that can't be it, and it also only happens with this server.

Jogun
04-07-2010, 09:46 PM
So on a 4x server, what does that do to the economy early on? It would seem 1/4 of the pp is being gained while leveling would it not? Would people still try to stick to other server pricing of items or would it naturally correct to lower prices?

mixxit
04-08-2010, 12:09 AM
I guess we'll have to see :-)

VincentVolaju
04-08-2010, 12:37 AM
I think the gold drops are a bit higher also

King Kobra
04-08-2010, 02:01 AM
I started a ranger on PEQ and was hanging around POK when a MGB went off and to my surprise everything stuck. So here I am lvl 5 with HoV KEI Fo7 and a nice DS. I ran into Crushbone and straight to Emp Crush I went from lvl 5 to lvl 14 in one run. Was quite fun.

stormlord
04-08-2010, 03:15 AM
I like the lower levels. To be honest, I've been rushing for the past 10 years and I'm tired of it. That's why I like project1999. It's about the memories. It's about qeynos. I don't want to be 50 too soon.

I don't understand why people think 4x or 8x or 12x or 18x exp would be better. It's all about the journey for me. I don't want to have to killl myself to slow down leveling.

The option to make exp 1/8 or 1/4 or 1/12 would be welcome.

And you know.. the faster you reach max level and max your alts, the sooner EQ becomes no-longer-new. At that point it's just a grind because you already know what to expect. That's what a grind is. And I think a lot of people that have exhausted the lower levels, are the ones who rush to max level and complain about grind.

Once you run out of new things to do, you move on. That or you love to grind.

If killing a skeleton or adventuring in a dungeon or exploring a zone isn't fun, giving you all the money or gear or experience you ever wanted won't make it fun either.

If you're not happy with limited knowledge, why would you be happy with all existing knowledge?

Your can have fun at level 3 or 7 or 12 or 18 or 25 or 30 or 40 or 50, it doesn't matter. If you don't enjoy this game at level 2, I don't think being level 50 will change anything unless the population distribution is uneven (ex: lots of people at level 50 but only a small number of them less than level 10). In fact, I think that on the live servers this is especially true because there're far more high levels than low levels. This creates a circumstance where the low levels want to reach max level asap so they can play with other people and find groups. (i neglected to also say here that another reason someone might want to be 50 is because they've exhausted the low level content/gameplay and they haven't exhausted the high level content/gameplay, but i had already stated this in a previous paragraph - geez things are never simple are they?)

Case in point, on live I have a midtier raider with modern gear and he's level 85. I have had fun with him, but then again, it gets boring real quick. I've had just as much fun here at project1999 on my less-than-level-9 alts (i don't twink any of my alts either). That should say something!

The proper way to go about this is to assess your population distribution and change exp gain for all levels accordingly. For example, if you're only 50% of the optimal number of people between 1 and 10, then you need to increase experience between 1 and 10 to compensate for the shortfall (maybe 2x). So the key is changing experience at all level ranges in distinct ways, not a broad overall increase. This ensures better fairness, but the equation might need to include more factors or elements than just increasing by a comparative amount.

From this it's very likely that the lower level game will deteriorate at project1999 unless we can keep a constant supply of incoming new players to keep the low levels populated. This will result in a lot of people complaining and the veterans will misinterpet this as them being casuals (and they'll disdainfully say go play wow!). The thing is, these players will not be able to find enough groups in the low levels to satisfy the experience curve, so it's harder for them than it was for the veterans!!!! The veterans got it all backwards. The appropriate response is to have a graph of population distribution and do what I said in the previous paragraph. A lot of the changes to live eq were exactly these kinds of measures: mercs, pots, faster experience, new soloable zones, hotzones, etc. These changes were not fundamental, they were necessary to satisfy the experience curve and population distribution. Veterans, a lot of them anyway, do not understand this very well. The changes made to live were not a broad brush stroke to make the game easier. The changes were not fundamental - it was not a matter of opinion. Simply put, unless they advertised and got a sufficient number of new players to populate the low levels, then these changes were absolutely integral to the success of the servers.

The success of eq in 1999 was not because it was alone and people had no choice, it was because the experience curve requirements were met by the population distribution. The failure later on was not due to the "hardcore" elements that people rememeber, but instead due to a failing rate of incoming players to populate the lower levels - lots of people were streaming to a plethora of new mmorpgs and this hurt eq a lot. The response by SOE to reduce the difficulties and demands were a direct result of failing populations, not a difference of opinion that favored easy gameplay. When you look at the great numbers of mmorpgs that appeared between 1999 and 2005, you begin to understand why eq failed and needed to change.

It's how that population failed that is the great debate and it still is going on. Some people say it was the hardcore gameplay, some say it was lack of advertising, some say it was a combination of mediocre advertising + old software and attrition and content exhaustion + many new mmorpgs that grabbed potential new people (i feel it's all of these), and some people just ignore the great debate altogether.

Bottom line, people want to try new things. They will not stay with a single mmorpg forever. And each mmorpg is limited by its audience size. For example, many mmorpgs are made in such a way that it takes x days to level to max. Some are based on 2 hour sessions and short playtime for max level, and some are based on 3 or 4 hour sessions and long playtimes to reach max stats and max level. These will have different, finite audiences. It's impossible for an mmorpg to perpetually grow because it gets harder and harder to maintain the old software and to overcome content exhaustion and attrition. The odds get oppressive. Death is a part of our universe.

Even project1999 is not immune. Many of the people who're playing here have played eq for a long time and many played in 1999. There's a great deal of content exhaustion - this diminishes the value of the game world. You've seen the zone five hundred times and know where the spawns are - there's no more adventure, less learning, more grind. This will have consequences. It will eventaully lead to attrition because people feed on new things just like we need food and water. Some people will survive longer by changing the reasons they play hte game - like instead of adventuring and seeing new things and learning, they play instead to meet people and help them. But even the best will, in time, cripple under the weight of the grind. And it's unlikely that population can remain steady unless the expected audience is far larger than anyone expected (and everyone does their job to advertise). This will further hurt the server (as has been said a lot in this post).

There's no perpetual motion device, yet! Perpetual growth is equally irrational.

(sorry for restating the same points in multiple places. I was trying to rephrase things in different light. i've found it helps to "forget" what I say and then go back to it later from different angle.)

Phineas
04-08-2010, 03:21 AM
The thing i liked on the good old everquest1 was the fact, that it was so hard to get a high level, not while it was so easy, like in WoW or other wussy childlike games. EQ 1 was THE Hardcore PvE game, hard to level, you feared each step into a zone you don't know. In Wow you put all items in your bank and run into a zone, to scout it out. In EQ when you die, you lose exp, THATS hard but you have the feeling of real danger when you walk through a zone with higher lvl mobs.

+1 taco

~phin

Eastwood
04-08-2010, 03:31 AM
Kobra was that last night?

I think I saw you mention that on OOC :)

Someone said glad to see a newbie put it to good use instead of beg for power leveling.

Savnok
04-08-2010, 03:34 AM

LOL :)

King Kobra
04-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Kobra was that last night?

I think I saw you mention that on OOC :)

Someone said glad to see a newbie put it to good use instead of beg for power leveling.

LOL Yep that was me

Malrubius
04-08-2010, 11:15 AM
I like the lower levels. To be honest, I've been rushing for the past 10 years and I'm tired of it. That's why I like project1999. It's about the memories. It's about qeynos. I don't want to be 50 too soon.

I don't understand why people think 4x or 8x or 12x or 18x exp would be better. It's all about the journey for me. I don't want to have to killl myself to slow down leveling.

The option to make exp 1/8 or 1/4 or 1/12 would be welcome.

etc.

Personally,I feel the same way you do, but I also realize that a lot of other people prefer the raiding scene FAR more than the lower levels. For those people, it makes sense to rush to the part of the game they like best. More power to them!

The different play styles is what makes EQ great. I *like* that there are guilds raiding dragons and stuff out in the big, dangerous, world or Norrath. Heck, I even like reading the inter-guild drama posts on the forums - its just like old times, and always gives me a good chuckle.

I tended to rush to level my characters during 99-03, and it was great! But I also just blew by a lot of EQ's very best content, which is what I am savoring now. I am finding that, personally, I FAR prefer it this way.

And as an added bonus, I will enjoy the game for MANY more years to come. If/when I do max my main out at 60, it will be a sad day, but with lots of great memories. Then, I'll roll an SK :D

jilena
04-08-2010, 12:19 PM
I don't get why people feel that EQ is hard. It's less forgiving than other newer games but really it was only so slow and painful the first time around for me because it was also my first game of this type. Concepts like trains and pulling and crowd control were just being learned and a lot of fuckups were had by all.

Compared to Korean games, even tame ones like Aion, the EQ grind is laughable. While I am admitedly not in the know when it comes to how to level from 1-60 in games like WoW in 1 week, as some people claim to do... I would estimate playing normally for me it would take me the same time to hit 60 in vanilla WoW and 50 in EQ.

The biggest differences in my opinion are how much time is "wasted" in Everquest. In a typical 6 hour WoW playing session if I die 5 times I am probably like 5-10% less efficient than in a similar session where I died not at all. In Everquest a death or two in the wrong place can have you spending a couple of hours enjoying a CR rather than enjoying progress. I think this lends to the illusion that it actually takes way longer to level than it really does. It also generates frustration you don't typically experience in newer games as not only have you lost exp, you have spent a good deal of time on zero progress. Again creating the illusion that EQ has ridiculously slow levelling.

On top of that you can powerlevel in EQ in ways you simply cannot in most newer games. Druid/Mage DS style PL, Pet PL, Monk FD PL, Memblur PL, /qing or zoning PL, etc etc all used effectively can get you to max level with a quickness. Some of these things aren't even possible in newer games but in classic EQ can really cut through the grind. *shrug*

I guess I just don't understand why anyone would want it even faster. It's fast enough, if anything make it harder to level. Give me a /exppenalty switch so I can experience the troll SK love without having to play a character that looks like a giant walking turd. Thx!

Crone
04-08-2010, 12:25 PM
For non solo classes is what I think really slows things down. There are days where I spent over an hour trying to get a group together. If that group for whatever reason doesn't stay together very long, it can sometimes feel like I spend more time making groups, than actually grouping.

maultar
04-08-2010, 01:20 PM
For non solo classes is what I think really slows things down. There are days where I spent over an hour trying to get a group together. If that group for whatever reason doesn't stay together very long, it can sometimes feel like I spend more time making groups, than actually grouping.

Now THAT sounds like 1999 to me.

guineapig
04-08-2010, 01:51 PM
My MO has always been to level up 1 class all the way as quickly as possible (if in a guild I pick a class that will be most useful to the guild). As soon as I'm there I keep that character around for raids, events and such and play alts to explore, do quests and experiment.

It's the best of both worlds. I can leisurely play my alts while not missing out on any high end encounters. In the case of EMU servers you are also giving the devs time to fix quest bugs and such so that by the time you get around to doing all the content you missed with your main they are usually working as intended.

celicara29
04-09-2010, 02:48 AM
Geez there's a lot of whining about xp in this thread/derailing.

This guy was nice enough to start up a server to give everybody a place to chill out until p99 comes back up, he even cut all the expansions and has been working on content, writing scripts in perl for broken shit, and fixing minor irrelevant things like a bug that wouldn't let you turn your noobnote into the warrior GM in FP.

It's not P99 but it's a damn good effort and something to do with p99 buddies.

Lonedrahon25
04-09-2010, 08:25 PM
We just opened up Kunark if anyone would like to get a jump start on how things work on Kunark before OCtobers rumored release of P1999 Kunark. We will buff anyone to whatever character they have on P99 upon request. Send a tell or petition for any GM support. This is a temporary crack fix for those in need!

mixxit
04-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Velious on Sunday! P99 back on Thursday!

Zordana
04-09-2010, 09:28 PM
joa wir bayern sind hardcore! ;)

this

Tudana
04-10-2010, 08:54 AM
if I try this server out, will I have to change my files back for P99 for when the server comes back?

Messing with my files makes me uncomfortable, I had P99 working by a mericle I didnt screw it up. heh

Bentheb
04-10-2010, 09:19 AM
if I try this server out, will I have to change my files back for P99 for when the server comes back?

Messing with my files makes me uncomfortable, I had P99 working by a mericle I didnt screw it up. heh

i didnt change anything and it is working fine for me

mixxit
04-10-2010, 01:50 PM
no you need the p99 spell files :-)

JxP
04-10-2010, 02:35 PM
I will try that server out to at least get an idea of what I would like to play once the P99 server is back online. I just heard about P99 yesterday, so I am pretty excited to get started :)

Tudana
04-10-2010, 03:05 PM
I logged in this morning on this classic server, with my necro made it out to the newb area of FOB and a GM had CT standing right ourside the zone line building, cool up and close inspect of him without getting plummeled or KB...CT has no eyes..:P.

Not sure what he was doing, was just the 3 of us.

mixxit
04-11-2010, 01:54 AM
The gods have returned all over norrath - what do they want?

And Velious has just opened!

Ravun
04-11-2010, 08:00 PM
I have been playing on this server while p99 is down but like an hour ago i died and got kicked off and i haven't been able to log back on since. I can get on to every other server except for this one. Anyone else having these problems? It also says that only 2 people are on the server at the moment.

mistersuits
04-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Yes the same thing happened to me, server basically unreachable...and I didn't grab the link of their message boards in game. :/

Ravun
04-11-2010, 08:17 PM
blahh well this is shitty...i hope one of them checks this forum.

mixxit
04-12-2010, 03:40 AM
http://acs.freshinc.co.uk/

grindle
04-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Sounds like it is gone for good :( i hope not was alot of fun

mixxit
04-12-2010, 04:51 PM
afraid so unless we can find someone to host for us

had a blast though and it killed some time :-) glad you all enjoyed it

Kraftwerk
04-12-2010, 06:57 PM
I had just gotten my Trakanon Idol, and clicked on the entrance to Old Sebilis when I got DC'd and unable to get back on....biggest...blue balls...ever.

mixxit
04-13-2010, 02:00 AM
Rescued by Flex - you da man!

Kraftwerk
04-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Is it really back up? This would make my day!

maultar
04-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Whats up with this server now tonight?

Ravun
04-14-2010, 10:30 PM
seerver's name changed to infinity's edge...read the link posted above by mixxit

maultar
04-17-2010, 01:11 AM
Why is this locked now tonight?

Ravun
11-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Anyone know of another eqemu server that is similar to what this server was like? I had a blast running around classic content with 4 bots just playing around in KC and velks lab. I think this server just had kunark and velious enabled and you could use 4 bots at a time. Another then that I think everything was pretty much classic (even tho having 4 bots is so far from classic.) Anyway, if anyone knows if a eqemu server with 0 or just a few expansions enabled that allows you to use multiple bots, please reply or shoot me a tell. :) thank you

guineapig
11-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Anyone know of another eqemu server that is similar to what this server was like? I had a blast running around classic content with 4 bots just playing around in KC and velks lab. I think this server just had kunark and velious enabled and you could use 4 bots at a time. Another then that I think everything was pretty much classic (even tho having 4 bots is so far from classic.) Anyway, if anyone knows if a eqemu server with 0 or just a few expansions enabled that allows you to use multiple bots, please reply or shoot me a tell. :) thank you

Just keep in mind:
Having only classic zones enabled does not necessarily make the content classic. You have to look at the quests and loot that are being dropped in these zones as well. Every bit of text, every item drop has been customized to try and replicate classic era EQ on this server. I only know of one other emu server where this has been attempted and that project has been in limbo forever.

If you are missing classic quests, if NPCs just sit there in silence when you hail them, if you are neting a blue per kill on blue con mobs, if trash mobs are dropping Defiant armor... then it's not a classic server.

If you're okay with this then there are probably plenty of options for you out there. Also, if you are just planning on running around with bots anyway, then it doesn't matter what server you play on, you can just avoid the new zones and don't go to PoP or Luclin.

Silvermink
11-29-2010, 02:03 PM
you like getting .1 of a blue per kill? damn :o

YES.

Makes that ding so much more gratifying.

Maurk
11-29-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm still waiting on the server that will emulate p1999, as It was in 2009.

guineapig
11-29-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm still waiting on the server that will emulate p1999, as It was in 2009.

When that comes out I'm totally doing tumpy tonics till 50 with stackable kiola nuts so I can be farming Seafuries on day 2 with no competition.

Ravun
11-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Yea I'm just looking for a server that allows multiple bots and doesn't have those made up items like ez server does.

stormlord
11-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Yea I'm just looking for a server that allows multiple bots and doesn't have those made up items like ez server does.I was surpised that I actually posted on page 4 of this thread. I got to reading it and forgot totally that I had ever posted in it. So I looked at the last page and saw your comment. I think that I should post again...

Due to some of my recent thinking I actually sympathize a small amount with you. I've found that when I solo I have time for other things alongside eq. For example, I can work on a hobby or clean the house or cook something without worrying about group members that need my attention. When you're solo, you can go afk when you want and plan ahead and play at your own pace. This has a big benefit. When I was playing DDO I also found that I could fully immerse myself when I was alone by taking my time when I was reading the quest and finding my way around. I could go at the pace I felt comfortable with. I didn't feel rushed. The only downside to all of it was that eventually I wanted to group with others because one reason I play MMOs is to play with others. The problem is that the moment I joined groups I lost the ability to play at my own pace and 'take in the scenery'. I felt rushed and to make a long(er) story short, it greatly discouraged me. That combined with the micro-transaction BS led me to leave the game so that I could focus on other things than complaining.

I still think single player rpgs are the holy grail if flexibility is what you're looking for. Not only can you pause them or save them (mostly at any time) you can also customize them with mods to mold them to your desires. They're the perfect getaway from life that won't ask too much of you. You can actually respond to your wife when she asks you what you're doing now. You can help with a mess one of the kids made. You don't have to ninja afk anymore. You don't have to worry about other players. You can worry about yourself, and ultimately, it's a far better compromise for people who do not want to be consumed by the game.

I've been tickled by the idea of rolling a necro so that I can do my hobby and play eq at same time. It's possible to do this with my other alts (other classes), but they're not nearly as convenient or optimized for this arrangement as necros. With a necro I can feign death even. That's like having a pause button.

How is all of this similar to what you say here? Well, I think that in some part of you you're discouraged by the demands other players make. You want to play the game at your pace and not be rushed by others. You also want to see what the whole game has to offer. By botting you're able to do that. Granted, your style of play is a lot more involved than mine. I am becoming very chummy with the idea that I can leave hte game at any time mostly when I"m soloing. If i was bottin I don't think it would be nearly as easy to leave when I want, but I can understand how botting would let someone do group content at their own pace and how that might benefit.

I just think that single player games do that best. I'm not being mean when I say this. I actually understand where you're coming from. I just don't think that every game should be this way. If a community of players want a game to consume them and to make it hard to have a life outside that also demands things of them, then I believe they should be granted their wish. If I want a game that allows me to build between two worlds and not feel too torn, then I should be allowed to as well. I just don't feel that every game has to offer the same goodies. It's a heck of a lot easier to load up oblivion and some mods anyway. And as I already stated, the game as it's here at project1999 may not be the best, but at least it offers some ability to solo.

I think hte real weakness of this game is that it has predefined classes. What I'd like to do is customize my class. Lets say I'm a cleric and I want feign death. In exchange for it I limit myself to chain armour rather than plate. That's a fair trade, right? Lets say I also want better direct damage spells. In exchange for that I lose a equal amount in my AE spell lineup. Fair trade, you say? I think so. Furthermore, I want the Spirit of Wolf spell. This is an entirely different spell line. The question is, what would be hte cost? Well, if the customization tool allows me to select ONE spell from the lineup, then that would reduce the cost somewhat. I'd also have to pay a cost to gain access to that line of spells so that I could use that one. How substantial? That depends on the judgment of the developers. My guess is that I would take a hit to one of my spell lines OR I'd have to pick and choose other things about my cleric to lose in favor of the Spirit of Wolf spell. This might seem much ado about nothing because we already have necro's, but I don't like how they smell and look. My opinion.