PDA

View Full Version : sometimes u take it way to classic

mitic
12-13-2011, 04:27 PM
ya know, back in 1999 there was no allakazham, no eqatlas, spellbooks in front of your faces while meddin and much more

staff is tryin to relive this experience but what they forget about is that people know like everything about this game after more than a decade

so how on earth can this

You use the words exploit, bug, and unlegit.

But, what you mean is, you disagree with the classic mechanics of npcs proccing sword of runes on non-summoned npcs.

That is an entirely separate discussion. Go, discuss. There are threads. If you can't find one; make it.

be ingame when the only "benefit" it gives is to make it possible for no lifers to level up to 50 within 3 weeks. was this classic too?

most of those working, going to school etc are around lvl 20 by now and by the time sword of runes gets reverted they will have a hard time to lvl up to 50 while those already being lvl 50 farmed the hell out of the highend content with sonic bat pets equiped with the sword of thousand truths (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3w211lay5U&feature=related) aka the sword of runes.

mourning
12-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Peons for equality of red server 2011.

I support this mans message.

Dont ruin the morale of your peons, for they are the 99%.

nilbog
12-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Sword of Runes procs on non-summoned creatures because it was continuously mentioned as something we had wrong. It was bug reported with patch note evidence provided.

If now, that we have fixed it, everyone agrees that it shouldn't have been implemented to begin with:

-Discuss it amongst yourselves.
-Make a poll? See if everyone wants it changed.

-Get over it.

or,

-Blame the developers and have nothing changed.

Daefuin
12-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Nagafen treasure satchels, Kedge Robes, and Guk loot aren't going to make people so uber you can't kill them. Planes won't even be open for a few more months - plenty of time for everyone to level and gear up v

Tldr: You're level 11 stfu, guk loot will have no effect on long term competition on servet

mitic
12-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Nagafen treasure satchels, Kedge Robes, and Guk loot aren't going to make people so uber you can't kill them. Planes won't even be open for a few more months - plenty of time for everyone to level and gear up v

Tldr: You're level 11 stfu, guk loot will have no effect on long term competition on servet

i dont give a fuck about my level but i do, in fact, care about the integrity of the server.

servers are build on their playerbase. right now, with the current server history, a realy bad taste comes with it

mourning
12-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Nilbog :

The way it works now IS classic and what should be in, it makes the swords a useful item that a mage can summon, cool feature.

The proc rate was set on pets too high, and it was thoroughly abused by most everybody that is now high level. Even abused to kill raid mobs.

What the problem is, is while the fix is a good idea in theory, it really penalizes the majority of the server who are just hitting level 29 and can just start to use the swords on their own pets.

These are the people who reported the bug, not the ones who have abused it for the last 3 weeks. The poopsockers knew it would play out this way, and chose to use it in a way that it will be nerfed when it "trickles down" further disadvantaging the common "Peon".

It either needs to stay in for now, or fix it and give something to the non poopsockers (exp bonus maybe?)

mourning
12-13-2011, 05:00 PM
A server wide bonus for a few days or perhaps some "hotzone" bonuses for all zones under level 40.

Knuckle
12-13-2011, 05:11 PM
If blaming the developers will keep the swords in their current state im all for it, why the fuck should they get to level to 50 if i cant use it?

Nizzarr
12-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Total times sonic bat procced on nagafen: 0

Total times any sword procced on phinigel : 0

Next?

mitic
12-13-2011, 05:15 PM

you love this game way to much to leave the current sword of runes in game as it is now

mitic
12-13-2011, 05:20 PM

Next?

ya, i guess this is why all fightlogs in screenshots about a every recent boss kill are unreadable photoshoped

Doors
12-13-2011, 05:21 PM
It's basically impossible to have a classic PVP server given the experience of the playerbase and the fact that everything is known already about classic era EQ.

With that said, I still don't think nerfs should go out just because people are unhappy they forgot to roll mages. Stealth trolls all over this place just trying to get their own agenda accomplished. See wands, nerf to wand recharges, etc.

Lazortag
12-13-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm pretty sure the recent naggy kill has nothing to do with sword of runes.

I have no idea how many were there and I have no idea if any exploits were used, but if you really think a sonic bat could reliably kill naggy with sword of runes and not get feared, you're crazy. The bat should get feared every single time since Naggy is at least 13 levels higher than it. If an exploit was used (not saying that's what happened), it most likely has to do with pets not being affected by dragon roar.

Albane
12-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Thank you for fixing this bug. It does suck for everyone who could have taken advantage of it to level faster, but better late than never.

As for Nagafen, I am sure the extra 10,000 damage from swords didn't hurt. But it was the fire pet bug that made the kill possible. Hopefully, the next time Nagafen is killed, it will be by a group of 25+ players who had to farm FR gear and use strategy.

solid
12-13-2011, 05:40 PM
yea SO WHAT !OBAMA A COMMIE AND YOUR WORRIED ABOUT THIS

mitic
12-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Thank you for fixing this bug. It does suck for everyone who could have taken advantage of it to level faster, but better late than never.
they havent "fixed" it, they reduced the proc rate.
Fixed procrate on sword of runes and bonethunder staff, pending update.

Hopefully, the next time Nagafen is killed, it will be by a group of 25+ players who had to farm FR gear and use strategy.

this is exactly what iam talkin about. red was supposed to be harder to play than blue with pvp involved. right now its quite the contrary with lonesome lvl 50ies sticking together killing dragons with some pets.

mitic
12-13-2011, 05:50 PM
and even when the sword will be completely changed back (see, i didnt use the word fixed), those abusers will still have other stuff they found (and not reported) to abuse out of the server. and this, this alone pisses me completely off.

see the newly brought up eye of zoom issue (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57565).. this is just plain wrong gdi. ban them assholes already ffs

they are on low profile now as we see on those threads, wonder why?

Zalaerian
12-13-2011, 06:13 PM
As for Nagafen, I am sure the extra 10,000 damage from swords didn't hurt. But it was the fire pet bug that made the kill possible. Hopefully, the next time Nagafen is killed, it will be by a group of 25+ players who had to farm FR gear and use strategy.

If you need 25+ to kill Naggy your doing it wrong pal

Brinkman
12-13-2011, 06:14 PM

Next?

So swords did proc on nagafen?

mitic
12-13-2011, 06:18 PM
If you need 25+ to kill Naggy your doing it wrong pal

without planes gear? i beg to differ

Brinkman
12-13-2011, 06:18 PM
I view this as a simple thing

Fix the proc rate on the swords, leave them in as the are otherwise, its classic.

Punish those who knew about this bug, and abused it. There are chat logs, encounter logs etc. Use them.

There is no difference in this situation vs you guys De- lvling that fellow for saving up a quest item for 6 months farming a rare spawn before kunark and getting 2-3 lvls in a few minutes. And your reason there? " He shoulda know it was too much exp and reported it". Same should be applied here. Period.

Lazortag
12-13-2011, 06:26 PM
without planes gear? i beg to differ

Without exploits you can easily kill Naggy in classic with ~20 people if a few of them are Bards. GRM + Elemental Rhythms + Guardian Rhythms = gg to pretty much any dragon.

Zalaerian
12-13-2011, 06:26 PM
There is no difference in this situation vs you guys De- lvling that fellow for saving up a quest item for 6 months farming a rare spawn before kunark and getting 2-3 lvls in a few minutes. And your reason there? " He shoulda know it was too much exp and reported it". Same should be applied here. Period.

Dum ban imo...dude sounds pretty smart imoimo

MethodSZ
12-13-2011, 07:00 PM

Next?

Total times i believe you: 0

Peppers
12-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Sword of Runes procs on non-summoned creatures because it was continuously mentioned as something we had wrong. It was bug reported with patch note evidence provided.If now, that we have fixed it, everyone agrees that it shouldn't have been implemented to begin with:

-Discuss it amongst yourselves.
-Make a poll? See if everyone wants it changed.

-Get over it.

or,

You are dumb as FUCK and cannot be trusted to administer a pvp server correcty.

MethodSZ
12-13-2011, 07:47 PM

o shit

Daefuin
12-13-2011, 07:51 PM
What does being a pvp server have to do with a pve change that is in effect on both servers? Fyi fixed pending update. Peppers confirmed dumb

Zalaerian
12-13-2011, 07:56 PM

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/4620/1318486865076.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/1318486865076.jpg/)

gloinz
12-13-2011, 08:20 PM

correctly

Peppers
12-13-2011, 08:20 PM
What does being a pvp server have to do with a pve change that is in effect on both servers? Fyi fixed pending update. Peppers confirmed dumb

If you weren't consistently on the bottom of the pvp ladder, then you wouldn't have had to ask.

Salty
12-13-2011, 08:26 PM
evil eye confirmed too rare

Srs Not Ames
12-13-2011, 09:08 PM

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa391/synner313/tumblr_ld8hkq0IQB1qzilcq.gif

Uthgaard
12-13-2011, 09:12 PM

You are dumb as FUCK and cannot be trusted to spell correctly correctly.

Humerox
12-13-2011, 09:23 PM
So...there are a few people that got the benefit of leveling a little faster.

So what?

It's not going to make a difference in the long run. The thing that's sad is that people abuse and exploit instead of reporting issues. The rest of us will eventually catch up, though.

mourning
12-13-2011, 09:51 PM
You are dumb as FUCK and cannot be trusted to spell correctly correctly.

HaHa

gaard the tard
12-15-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm a piss ant, worthless crybaby who will quit when i don't get my way, then come crawling back on my knees sucking dick and coddling balls better than reika to ask for a VIP title and green name because I actually believe respect is given not earned.
I know exactly nothing about pvp and will attempt to cover up this fact by pointing out grammar mistakes and posts that are not in what i believe to be the wrong sub-section. This hasn't worked yet and everyone still knows i'm an ignorant moran. Despite this, I still continue to post in the pvp section as if I belong or having anything worthy to contribute.
I will watch as my peers are hand-delivered organized, well thought out, time-tested pvp facts - gleaned from years of pvp experience by hundreds of a community - only to promptly ignore it. I don't realize how dumb we look after being told over and over, yet were still too incompetent to act even with months of notice. I will watch as my peer leader suggests being told a "few" times is not enough, and totally miss the irony.
In short, I'm also dumb as FUCK and cannot be trusted to administer a pvp server correctly. I'm now stuck because everyone on the blue server already figured this out when i was actually someone there.

Uthgaard,

Despite what you said being 100% confirmed true - and i should add your name and avatar make you look dumb also - but this server is still awesome! You havn't totally ruined it ... yet.

Uthgaard
12-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Why you mad though?

gaard the tard
12-15-2011, 09:40 PM
u mad and bad?

Uthgaard
12-15-2011, 09:55 PM
You mad and banned?

Autotune
12-15-2011, 09:59 PM
You mad and banned?

you have the best of admirers

Szeth
12-15-2011, 10:12 PM
Troll Uthgaard has his place for sure. He is the light in the dark against the Others of RnF

gaard the tard
12-15-2011, 11:30 PM
I heard after you came crawling back whimpering, Rogean has your nuts in a jar on his desk as trophy.

That true?

Uthgaard
12-16-2011, 12:38 AM
LOL. Hate to break it to you but I've had the VIP/Contributor heading isn't new. It was Rogean's idea like, 4 months ago. Thanks for trolling, but you can't even get that right. Please pull forward.

gaard the tard
12-16-2011, 12:40 AM
i suppose you think everyone believes you.

Are they whole? or did he skin them to embarrass you even more?

Uthgaard
12-16-2011, 12:47 AM
Why so mad peppers?

gaard the tard
12-16-2011, 01:18 AM
Whats it feel like to throw a fit when you can't have your way? What's it feel like to have to crawl back on hands and knees? What's it feel like being nutless, embarrased and emasculated in front of the very community that you tried so hard to convince you were an internet tough guy?

Uthgaard
12-16-2011, 01:33 AM
Why are you asking me? You've managed to do all of those things in this very thread.

Raging out in the biggest font the forum will allow you, misspelling it horribly and getting mocked by everyone, getting banned, and coming back for more.

The most laughable part is your anger is directed at me. I didn't ban you, peppers. Get over your mancrush.

gaard the tard
12-16-2011, 01:41 AM
uthgaard: if you don't ban everyone that angers me, i will quit!

Rogean: CYA!

Uthgaard: can i come back?

Rogean: Sure, just put your nuts in here.

Rogean : good boy.

gaard the tard
12-16-2011, 01:51 AM
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9487/ballsd.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/440/ballsd.jpg/)

Waffen
12-16-2011, 02:12 AM
he mad

mitic
12-16-2011, 04:51 AM
Can all of you fags stop derailing my important and well thought out thread please? uthgaard is history, we have way more important stuff to discuss omgz

Kaahbal
12-16-2011, 05:10 AM
I like How ppl state That charmed bats were used On naggy, But That no1 Have noticed by the screenshot that nihilum walled naggy by the door to avoid all AE effects On players and On pets.

Outside banishment line :P

We Gonna need perma rooted dragons again?