PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Line of sight

tsaC
12-13-2011, 08:46 PM
It's sad that I have to make these threads because the changes make so little sense in the first place... I feel like it's knocking my head against the wall...

Can a Nilbog/Rogean/Developer please explain why bards require line of sight on every song vs, yet every caster type has no line of sight check?

I don't mean to hurt feelings, but I get the feeling no one here has PVP'd? Truly it's not a problem, it's just a problem when you look at the past folks you've listened to for advice and realize the detriment you've done to your own server.

So before I go telling you how to make changes on your server which are clearly classic and supposedly what we're going for in some fashion, I'd like to hear your thoughts on why bard songs should require line of sight. Try to visualize the issue when spells land in dungeons where you're breaking LOS but because of how most dungeons are built you really can't escape the spell easilly - yet as a bard my songs are LOS checked by ditches, valleys, corners, trees, etc. This isn't even just a PVP in dungeons concern, it's an annoyance that no other class has to face and I'm failing to see the reason for it.

Uthgaard
12-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Can a Nilbog/Rogean/Developer please explain why bards require line of sight on every song vs, yet every caster type has no line of sight check?

Incorrect assumption creating the foundation for your question. Entire post is invalid.

Slave
12-13-2011, 10:46 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RDzKo27szaw/TeodtkRaRSI/AAAAAAAAAv0/XMuAhnRQJhg/s1600/tumblr_kut2d8sv2B1qatk68o1_400_Your_Argument_is_In valid-s400x478-66332-580.jpg

tsaC
12-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Incorrect assumption creating the foundation for your question. Entire post is invalid.

Please stop trolling my thread

Slave
12-13-2011, 11:38 PM
ANYWAYS~

So yeah casters don't need LOS for the end of their spells, but Bards do on R99. Let's get this shit fixed, because sound goes EVERYWHERE.

Null
12-14-2011, 01:18 AM
There is a hard LoS check and a soft LoS check on spells in PvP. The way that a soft LoS check works is that if you do not have LoS on your target at the end of the spell cast, it halves the range on the spell in question.

It isnt classic, but it is intended to be this way.

tsaC
12-14-2011, 01:24 AM
There is a hard LoS check and a soft LoS check on spells in PvP. The way that a soft LoS check works is that if you do not have LoS on your target at the end of the spell cast, it halves the range on the spell in question.

It isnt classic, but it is intended to be this way.

appreciate the response null but this really isn't what my post is about

Also, halving caster spell range is meaningless when you put it in the context of why you made the change. You didn't want casters to be useless in dungeons with corner ducking, but think of the dungeons you're pvping in as a caster, certainly you're not getting out of range of most spells even when its halved in guk/solb/perma/etc with the twisting and winding. Essentially you put in a false barrier, yet for bards you crippled them with no reasoning. Getting LOS checked even just PVEing in a dungeon is ridiculous and so frequent, and with PVPing lol good luck actually keeping a target in LOS for a song to hit. Cmon guys.

Daefuin
12-14-2011, 02:27 AM
stick to being the outdoor hero