PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Whirl Til You Hurl bug with Screenshot Confirmation

Daefuin
12-15-2011, 01:53 PM
This screenshot clearly shows the bug in action. While whirl is actually on me and I am spelling spells I get the "You can't cast spells while stunned!" messages.

When whirl wears off you can see the "You are unstunned." message. I still cannot cast spells though as evidence by the "You haven't recovered yet." spam.

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/2581/whirl.jpg

Darwoth
12-15-2011, 02:03 PM
whatever the bard stun is does same thing, annoying.

Lazortag
12-15-2011, 02:19 PM
The Bard mez does the same thing, but it's also only lasting one second, so it's broken in both directions.

I think this is an emu-wide problem and it would be awesome to get a fix here. The bug also occurs with fears/stuns/mezzes that mobs cast on you so it's not just a pvp bug.

Truth
12-15-2011, 02:24 PM
This is basically working as intended. SpinStunEffect has always done this. The only trick is to duck the stun and then when its over unduck and you can actually cast.

mourning
12-15-2011, 04:22 PM
I was trying it on myself, This is how it used to be way back on live...

If you notice after it wears off you get a "you are dizzy" messsage, which happens after any spinstun, basically YOU ARE DIZZY and cant cast yet.

Pretty sure that is working as classic and as intended.

Nirgon
12-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Also, and I hope this gets attention:

Preface: I was brutally owned by being whirl spammed last night in a fight I initiated with an enchanter in the Neriak bank. <-- There's the admission, whatever you want to call it lol.

Problem: Whirl has a longer duration than recast. There's a reason it did not land on live. This spell does need to be fixed and have its resist rate completely owned down. I could not land this spell on naked players when I played enchanters on live. This spell, as well as the Dizzy Draught (w/e) allow you to completely stunlock a player. I have a pair of 7mr bracers, 9mr neck, skull of jhen'tra and have greater shielding up. I was not dispelled even once during this fight.

Solution scenarios (as far as I'm concerned):
A: (Player vs me) Avoid any pvp with enchanters like the plague, get out of the zone immediately. (Me vs other players) Bring an enchanter whenever possible to kill other players as I will be able to keep them completely immobolized and unable to gate, use clickies or cast otherwise. Posts probably begin popping up about this regarding they had magic resist / this is not how it worked on live.

B: Situation A does not occur, spell resist check is restored to classic values.

C: I get trolled by players and told to stfu.

Hopeful and realistic expectations are in the favor of a combination of B and C. This ability is *very* game breaking and a plague upon past boxes where an enchanter would just whirl spam someone while melees beat them down in end game. If you weren't able to get out of reach of the whirl or otherwise get away from the enchanter you were guaranteed a death with no chance of escape. I wait with baited breath and lfg for enchanters to pvp w/ in the meantime :).

Albane
12-16-2011, 12:24 PM
This is basically working as intended. SpinStunEffect has always done this. The only trick is to duck the stun and then when its over unduck and you can actually cast.

You are drunk if you consider this to be "working as intended". An obvious bug like this needs to be fixed, or remove the spells that cause the problem.

As a bard, i would rather see our single target mez (last 1 second at most when it lands) completely removed, if it is causing people to be unable to perform any action for 12 seconds, while I can still melee and DoT them. If enchanters can do this with an almost unresistable stun, it needs to be fixed or removed.

Nirgon
12-16-2011, 12:42 PM
The problem again, the recast is shorter than the duration. It's a game breaker that shouldn't exist and I think a quick fix that I would think could squeeze in Sunday.

mourning
12-16-2011, 02:54 PM
You are drunk if you consider this to be "working as intended". An obvious bug like this needs to be fixed, or remove the spells that cause the problem.

As a bard, i would rather see our single target mez (last 1 second at most when it lands) completely removed, if it is causing people to be unable to perform any action for 12 seconds, while I can still melee and DoT them. If enchanters can do this with an almost unresistable stun, it needs to be fixed or removed.

Unresistable is just wrong...

Would say about 50% resist rate right now across all the targets i have used it on around level 30. Though, i do not know their magic resists, i assume it isnt super high, and this was with tash on. I've had a cleric resist 5 in a row stripped and tashed.

Doors
12-16-2011, 08:45 PM
This spell, like charm and fear, needs to not work in PvP. Coupled with mez you can lock someone down in an infinite CC chain. Theres a reason it didn't work on live.

Caravelle1
12-18-2011, 05:58 AM
this spell is the ONLY thing I have going for me as a solo pvP chanter.

I mez, and recast whirl until it hits yes. If I hit the whirl a second time I usually have enough dps if my nuke doesnt resist to kill the target. if my whirl is resisted once between the first whirl cast, they get the ability to move again.

It's a little overpowered but not by much. The stun effect is classic, but the 6 second afterstun is not. So a good compromise would be to just remove the afterstun, not remove the whole spell.

Bkab
12-18-2011, 06:26 AM
is sharlen not trolling for once?!

Nirgon
12-19-2011, 12:27 PM
This needs its resist rate fixed, its way off from classic bros.

Coming to you from a wizard player advocating harvest and blue crystal staff removal, don't hate.

mitic
12-19-2011, 12:30 PM
just search for whirl till you hurl on this forum and ull find 2 pages about this spell

anything else to say?

Nizzarr
12-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Whirl lasted like half a second on live(SZ era) and was never ever used by enchanters. It also was easily resisted, like every other enchanter spells

Nirgon
12-21-2011, 05:12 PM
easily resisted

Moreso than any other spell in the game iirc. This is very out of whack and needs to be fixed, it is a huge problemo.