PDA

View Full Version : MONK vs. ROGUE vs. WARRIOR dps @ 60 w/ raid gear and epics

ShipIt
01-20-2012, 04:40 AM
How big of a difference is there?

Anyone mind posting results of raid parses?

Xatava
01-20-2012, 04:57 AM
rogue dps > monk dps > warrior dps

the disparity is very noticeable.

ShipIt
01-20-2012, 07:18 AM
How noticeable?

How much of a difference would you guess there is between the three?

Estu
01-20-2012, 11:02 AM
What happens to the comparison when warriors are berserking and how safe/reliable is it to keep them berserking?

Knuckle
01-20-2012, 11:18 AM
in PVP? Warrior has edge over monk/rogue, Monk has edge over rogue. Rogue has to be that much better. If you faggots are talking about PVE raid damage rogue is the clear winner.

Silentone
01-20-2012, 07:09 PM
in our guild we see rogues sitting on top...consistantly then monks and after that warriors

Versus
01-21-2012, 04:43 PM
I'd say there is generally ~20-30DPS difference. Which is a lot.

Gmal
01-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Our Rogues can pull 85 to 170 dps
Monk 80 100+
Warrior with epic full buffed 50 to 97 dps
Warrior berzerker MS Disc used though can hit 140+ dps thats 1 time an hour though.

Gmal
01-23-2012, 09:52 AM
double post!

Szeth
01-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Also, Gmal: Can you tell me which raids you would feel comfortable berserk DPSing on? I mean most any real target has an AE which will put you into low HP aggro.

We all know what happens when people (remember the pingpong match between 100 people at Fay a few weeks back?) go into low HP aggro mode on a raid.

Gmal
01-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Also, Gmal: Can you tell me which raids you would feel comfortable berserk DPSing on? I mean most any real target has an AE which will put you into low HP aggro.

We all know what happens when people (remember the pingpong match between 100 people at Fay a few weeks back?) go into low HP aggro mode on a raid.

I cannot tell since I dont know you to well if your being a smart ass here or asking a serious question.

Going berserk mode is strictly situational on any raid targets. Let me give you an example. If a mob has 3% left and half the raid is dead Im at low health and I think I can pull off a win by doing so then I will hit the MS disc to try and pull a win out of it. That is only if we have plenty of tanks on the raid.

This would be an example of me being comfortable going berserk and MS disc.

Its an ohh shit lets see if I can pull this off because we are dead anyway kind of deal.

but I am gonna take a gander at this and say your just trolling. correct?

Also to answer your question on what mob it would acceptable on would be Xygoz as its an AE silence no dmg.

And any mob I feel I have a better then 90% chance because of resist check to resist the AE. i.e. having a bard in group with max resists. Not saying I would always do this as 99% of the time Im in the tank lineup for any Encounter we do.

Arillious
01-24-2012, 04:37 PM
During late kunark on live, monks got access to greater +AC and DPS items and combined with block could tank as good as warriors and do close to the same damage as a rogue in exp groups. In late kunark, unless you were killing shit that hit super hard, there was no reason to have a warrior over a monk and very few reasons to have a rogue over a monk. This was one of the big reasons for the infamous monk AC nerf that put monks on par with casters damage mitigation wise.

I play on red which is still classic only and have only seen like 1 or 2 monks so not sure how close to live the blue server is in this regard.

Motec
01-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Whoever owns sabbath now...You are f*cking terrible.

Estu
01-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Our Rogues can pull 85 to 170 dps
Monk 80 100+
Warrior with epic full buffed 50 to 97 dps
Warrior berzerker MS Disc used though can hit 140+ dps thats 1 time an hour though.

Are the warrior numbers "to 97 dps" counting berserking? Forget about MS Disc.

Gmal
01-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Whoever owns sabbath now...You are f*cking terrible.

Classic troll response. Nice! I own sabbath got something to say, then say it. Coming at me with "Im terrible" is a 12 year old kid come back to something you lack understanding about.

Lets here it king shit Motec!

Gmal
01-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Are the warrior numbers "to 97 dps" counting berserking? Forget about MS Disc.

I cannot say for sure. Im just working off my memory of some of the dps parses Ive seen on raid targets. I believe Kelendil and Eabon have both gotten close to 100 dps with epics when not tanking. What they used for disc I am unsure of.

Personally myself with a pair of hard hitters I have spiked into the 140 dps range on normal blue mobs.

Szeth
01-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Damage per minute is way more relevant in EQ that DPS is anyways.

Gmal
01-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Damage per minute is way more relevant in EQ that DPS is anyways.

/boggles head

Bruman
01-25-2012, 05:30 PM
His point is that DPS in EQ is really inconsistent. For short fights especially, they're really unreliable. It's not like WoW where some classes may have a little ramp up time, but after that it's very consistent. EQ is much slower paced.

By going to DPM, you're not even counting extremely quick fights (like 30 second ones), because it didn't even last a whole minute. You're just looking at longer fights where the inconsistency can average out better.

Gmal
01-25-2012, 08:59 PM
His point is that DPS in EQ is really inconsistent. For short fights especially, they're really unreliable. It's not like WoW where some classes may have a little ramp up time, but after that it's very consistent. EQ is much slower paced.

By going to DPM, you're not even counting extremely quick fights (like 30 second ones), because it didn't even last a whole minute. You're just looking at longer fights where the inconsistency can average out better.

Yeah I get that but your dps overall for that minute = your dpm overall. Any raid target you hit that goes much over a minute long is ussually a wipe anyway because any raid target you hit is ussually going to have an ae associated with it that will own the raid. Raid target longevity doesnt come into play till we get into vellious with targets that have over 32k hps. This is where we seperate the men from the boys.

username1337
03-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Yeah I get that but your dps overall for that minute = your dpm overall. Any raid target you hit that goes much over a minute long is ussually a wipe anyway because any raid target you hit is ussually going to have an ae associated with it that will own the raid. Raid target longevity doesnt come into play till we get into vellious with targets that have over 32k hps. This is where we seperate the men from the boys.

The irony in this is beyond hilarious.