PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Paineel Guards

Skeletonya
11-06-2009, 07:18 AM
The Paineel Guards give a Heritic faction hit when you kill them.

This wasnt implemented until 2002 / 2003.

Fix? :D Please?

Wenai
11-06-2009, 07:35 AM
Woo! I thought this was the case too but I forgot to find some patch notes or something. Anyway you could dig something up?

I corrected their loot, so they should be good to go, I just forgot to look into getting their factions changed. :p

Skeletonya
11-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Your a GOD Wenai!

A God!

*HUG*

Wenai
11-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Get me a post from alla, or get me patch notes saying where it was changed. :p

Skeletonya
11-06-2009, 07:56 AM
I checked all the patch notes. They never included it. Actually, I kind of remember that they didnt include it.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?zone=69&page=1&howmany=50#m105116752234730

As of the 4/23/2003 Patch, Killing Paineel guards to farm their platinum gives negative Paineel faction hits...my guildleader Onino is pretty sad to lose his favorite camp...

Just FYI...
----------------------------
Dreadlord Dyrkk Dyggler

Order of the Phoenix - Saryrn

Here another link to a comment I found....

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-1353.html

Hussar
07-05-2003, 07:03 PM
I've heard they nerfed paineel. It used to be that killing the skelly guards inside the city would not lower your faction. They are lvl 30ish, and drop a sword and shield each time. Recently though they changed it so you lose faction, so you can only kill so many before you have to farm the warrens for faction again, which slows down your pp per hour.

Wenai
11-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Ok.

Removed the faction hit, but they are still set up to assist. Not sure if they assisted or not but we will leave it as it.

This will take effect next time that the server is restarted.

Skeletonya
11-06-2009, 08:23 AM
Cool.

They did assist each other, so theyre spot on how it was then. Good job

guineapig
11-06-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm a little confused by this.
What is the server stance on keeping things as it was back in 1999?

It seems like something such as forgetting to put a faction on city guards was a mistake back in the day but it has been deemed okay to remove for the server.
But then things such as WTYH is going to be nerfed when back in Classic that wasn't changed till after Kunark. I highly doubt it was intended that Paineel guards had no faction hits.

Don't get me wrong, my chanter is only level 11 so I don't even have WTYH yet. But I'm curious as to how much we are really going to stick to what was, as opposed to what was intended to be.

Any clarification?

Morfnblorsh
11-06-2009, 12:08 PM
For myself, I take a step back to check whether or not the inconsistency in question wrongfully aids progression or the ability to get "major" gear.

Grabbing a few free plat off guards for those in the know, while it's still wrong :mad:, isn't going to effect "the world" much and can stay classic until the change inevitably comes and gets rid of it.

Abusing a bug or unrefined spell/ability that can allow people to duo/solo things that should not and were never intended to be killed by that few people on the other hand... nerfbat inc!

Hopefully the Devs are using the same principles, because it feels like the most common sense approach to me.

Wenai
11-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Any clarification?
It creates a balancing issue. Basically it is a situation where Whirl is completely broken at this point. With two enchanters, you can chain stun pretty much anything, and no one ever takes any damage, and stuff just dies.

Paineel guards is a situation where it was a common hunting ground for a lot of clerics and necromancers. Undead mobs with a guaranteed few pp every kill.

Morfnblorsh
11-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Mmmmm Wenai, your common sense is so tasty!

:p