PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: run speed issue

zt004
04-26-2010, 05:09 PM
I recently installed windows 7 on my laptop and reinstalled EQ. Now whenever I log on any of my characters, their run speed is snared. Only when my shaman casts SoW does run speed then go back to what a normal run would be without SoW. Everything ran fine when I was using Vista. The only other change I made was installing the kunark UI.

The issue is very similar, if not the same, as this post:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5422&highlight=movement+slow

I read through all of the suggested fixes here, but none of them correct the issue. The characters are not encumbered, ducking, walking, or anything that would normally impair in-game movement.

Any ideas?

Azureblaze
04-26-2010, 05:41 PM
My friend says he has the same problem with a dual Core.

I'm on Windows 7 X64 with a Core2duo and don't have any issues.

I keep my system fairly updated though and run EQ as admin, and don't use EQW.

zt004
04-26-2010, 07:31 PM
I reinstalled EQ all over again, files, etc. and still have the run speed problem.

I also messed around a little bit and it ONLY happens on the Project1999 server, and doesn't happen on EZ, etc.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this permanent snare sort of effect?

doacleric
04-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Are you sure you aren't encumbered? :)

Azureblaze
04-27-2010, 04:29 AM
My friend fixed his problem by turning one of his cores off. Just FYI. Google it and try it to see it helps you.

zt004
04-27-2010, 08:37 AM
This is what needs to be done to fix the issue:

Right click EQ icon. Properties. Compatibility tab. Run this program with compatibility for Windows XP Service Pack 3. Run this program as administrator.

Then go to power options by right clicking battery in the bottom right hand corner of tool bar. Click on High Performance and change settings. Click change advanced settings. Go to Process Power Management and set the minimum and maximum (for plugged in AND battery) to 100%.

Run EQ.

Open Task Manager. Go to processes tab and find eqgame.exe. Right click it and go to "Set Affinity." Change the affinity from both cores to just Core 0.

That should do it. No more run speed snare.

zt004
04-28-2010, 04:35 PM
The aforementioned fix worked temporarily, for about two days.

I am once again taking suggestions on how to fix perma-snared characters.

lyyfeleech
04-28-2010, 11:56 PM
rename your eqclient.ini and launch game. Lemme know if that fixes it. Had same problem on a different emu a while back.

Nen
04-29-2010, 12:00 AM
What a weird problem...