PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: Monday, February 20th, 2012

Rogean
02-20-2012, 08:30 AM
This patch contains new files. Please obtain the latest EQChanges V21 (http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv21.zip) from the setup guide, or obtain the latest files via the EQEmu Launcher (http://www.moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip).

PvP/Red Server
Plane of Fear is now open.
EXP Bonus scaling has been added. The Bonus will scale from 100% at Level 1 to 0% at Level 50. (100 - (Level * 2)).

Code
Kanras: Correct skill caps imported into client.
Kanras: Removed out of combat regen bonus for pets. (this does not apply to sit regen bonus)
Kanras: Warrior NPCs/pets will bash more frequently than kick.
Kanras: Merchants now separate items with different charges in their list. (Red)
Kanras: Removed extra tic from duration of most spells.
Kanras: Added weapon damage cap for sub-30 players.
Kanras: Pet haste cap scales with the level of the pet.
Kanras: Shaman pet can no longer accept weapons.
Null: Red: Added a 5% per attack reduction in channeling chance.
Null: Red: Changed PvP Spell damage from 80 -> 67%. This is reverting a previous change I made, forgive me!
Content
Nilbog: ice giants within permafrost drop less coin.
Nilbog: The spirit of wolf effect from Black Fur Boots is now self-only.
Nilbog: Peg Leg spawns lesser spirit upon death.
Nilbog: Only one Gorgul Paclock can be spawned at a time
Nilbog: Froham the Forgotten is less picky about capitalization
Nilbog: Daedet Losaren's 'The Donations' and 'Holy Armor Scroll' quests require indifferent or better faction.
Nilbog: Farios Elianos requires amiable or better faction for quest turn-ins. (Ranger Epic)
Nilbog: Slixin Klex will drop Dirt of Underfoot more often. (Magician Epic)
Nilbog: Essence of Fire no longer drops.
Nilbog: Added checks to prevent Trakanon Teeth cycles from breaking.
Nilbog: iksar betrayer spawn in Chardok changed to roaming phs, with more possibilities of spawning. (Monk Epic)
Nilbog: Verina Tomb and Vessel Drozlin are now 2-7 day spawns. (Enchanter Epic)
Nilbog: the evil eye of Lower Guk will spawn more frequently. (pve/pvp)
Nilbog: spectres of Oasis are harder to pull single. Fixed aggro text of spectres in Ocean of Tears.
Nilbog: Venril Sathir has a slightly greater chance of dropping 2 pairs of greaves.
Nilbog: Flaming Sword of Xuzl now has a flaming sword texture while it is spawned.
Nilbog: Butler Syncall is now a shadowknight.
Nilbog: Guard Valon's quests will now work properly.
Nilbog: clockwork alchemist and clockwork baker of akanon now spawn independently.
Kanras: All Hand to Hand weapons are now 1H Blunt weapons.
Kanras: All buffs go into the main buff window, including bard songs.
Kanras: Cultural smithing, cultural tailoring, and fine plate dying recipes.
Kanras: Updated Avatar to give 100 AGI.
Kanras: Updated Visions of Grandeur to longer duration, correct ATK bonus.
Kanras: Updated Clarity II to be available at level 54.
Kanras: Updated Boon of the Clear Mind to be available at level 52.

mreynert
02-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Kanras: All buffs go into the main buff window, including bard songs.

?!

So does this mean bard songs count towards the 15 effect limit and a bard twisting 4 songs drops you down to 11 maximum buffs/effects on raids?

Also no fix to bard epic, namely the guts? *sadface*

Shinko
?!

So does this mean bard songs count towards the 15 effect limit and a bard twisting 4 songs drops you down to 11 maximum buffs/effects on raids?

:(

Luethar
File cannot be found....

404 error on the patch file....

Lue.

Serin
02-20-2012, 08:39 AM
?!

What he said!

:(

Rogean
02-20-2012, 08:40 AM
File cannot be found....

404 error on the patch file....

Lue.

The server is still down and being patched.

Patience.

Mobb
02-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Big patch for red... The scaling effect is gona be nice and bring some people back. Nice patch rogean.

Lostprophets
02-20-2012, 08:46 AM
EXP Bonus scaling has been added. The Bonus will scale from 100% at Level 1 to 0% at Level 50. (100 - (Level * 2)).

More love for blue plz.

Motec
02-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Red is a failure and attracted the scum of the freeloading gaming world. Sigh at spending resources on it.

But awesome patch mostly otherwise.

falkun
02-20-2012, 08:56 AM
WTB Trak guts.

Jontaidoe
02-20-2012, 09:03 AM
good on you Rogean, i know us on red are stoked right now

Jontaidoe
02-20-2012, 09:04 AM
really stoked

Bruman
02-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Are there a lot more fixes that weren't listed or something? I had submitted (along with others) several bugs related to the monk epic, for example, that were noted as "fixed, pending update", but don't see it in the notes.

Rogean
02-20-2012, 09:14 AM
If a dev posted fixed pending update then chances are they fixed it but forgot to mention it in the changelog. It will be in the patch.

zahlia
02-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Are there a lot more fixes that weren't listed or something? I had submitted (along with others) several bugs related to the monk epic, for example, that were noted as "fixed, pending update", but don't see it in the notes.

I also hopin' dat patch notes not 'plete. Kanras saided dat Ragefire "0-3 day window and multiple spawns are possible per Naggy, pending update" (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60446) Mebbe patch has some secret s'prises innit dat not listed!

zahlia
02-20-2012, 09:18 AM
If a dev posted fixed pending update then chances are they fixed it but forgot to mention it in the changelog. It will be in the patch.

YIPPEEEEEE!

bizzum
02-20-2012, 09:19 AM
YIPPEEEEEE!

GO NINIK GET YOUR EPIC <3

gprater
Big patch for red... The scaling effect is gona be nice and bring some people back. Nice patch rogean.

Can someone simplify for the biologist, what does this mean> ?

thanks

skorge
Awesome work! Going to test shaman dots stacking once servers are up...it should be fixed pending update as well

Dentalplan
02-20-2012, 09:31 AM
No epic upgrades? Those went in 2 months after epics, iirc.

Otherwise looks like some excellent updates, thanks dev team as always.

Harkor
02-20-2012, 09:32 AM
woohoo! Hoping for some epic fixes.....tired of having to melee with the shaman epic.....when I could be using my hammer :)

Motec
02-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Who would ever use shaman epic or melee with it over smouldering cudgel, BSH etc?

webrunner5
02-20-2012, 09:37 AM
All Hand to Hand weapons are now 1H Blunt weapons???

Harkor
02-20-2012, 09:38 AM
because its a proc right now motec....not a right click

Dentalplan
02-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Who would ever use shaman epic or melee with it over smouldering cudgel, BSH etc?
People who want to use the DoT? It's a proc until the upgrade.

Motec
02-20-2012, 09:41 AM
I know, and as such, until upgrade it is a heap of shit and a complete waste of time with most good shamans either having it in bank, or only using it to sit afk with.

Motec
02-20-2012, 09:42 AM
And if you took the time to read my post, you'd realise I was quite aware of this, by comparing the shitty shaman epic proc, with good procs, from cudgel or bsh.

Rutaq
02-20-2012, 09:42 AM
Red is a failure and attracted the scum of the freeloading gaming world. Sigh at spending resources on it.

lol, really ? Have you ever played on the RED server ? For scum we are pretty nice actually :P

Lets just say the Project1999 servers attract creative and colorful players :P And Blue certainly has it's share and given the population difference I would guess that BLUE even has more.

The big difference on RED is that the PvP ruleset give us more flexibility to deal with the colorful players ourselves without the constraints of the BLUE ruleset.

... Annoying RMT player camping some rare spawn 24/7, kill them and take the spawn.

... Uber Guild dominating your Dragon, then level up some friends and crash their Raid.

RED isn't all bad, give it a try. I bet you will be surprise how many helpful folks play there.

Labanen
02-20-2012, 09:44 AM

thanks
Im a biologist too btw, but it means there is a 100 % exp bonus for lvl 1 that scales down for each level by 2 % (except from lvl 1 to lvl 2 where it drops from 100 to 96%), should lvl 1 bonus follow the formular it would be only 98 % :-)

Lostprophets
02-20-2012, 09:45 AM
Downloaded Patch v21 -- Unknown Characters at Character Select/Outdated Spell files.

Harkor
02-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Motec, your so ANGRY! Most good shamans raid with it :p As far as uses....I melee the 1st 10% of a mob with it...proc it....then swap to hammer.
Proc rates for the weapons your talking about:
Your cudgel has a proc-rate=shit....barb hammer has a great proc-rate...sham epic a decent proc-rate.

Motec
02-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Downloaded Patch v21 -- Unknown Characters at Character Select/Outdated Spell files.

Aunt Bedelia
02-20-2012, 09:49 AM

bizzum
02-20-2012, 09:50 AM

Same, installed 3 times to make sure.

Theldios
02-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Same, installed 3 times to make sure.

same

bizzum
02-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Motec, your so ANGRY! Most good shamans raid with it :p As far as uses....I melee the 1st 10% of a mob with it...proc it....then swap to hammer.
Your cudgel has a proc-rate=shit....barb hammer has a great proc-rate...sham epic a decent proc-rate.

By decent you mean like either first hit or like when the mobs at 20% and it cant even climb up past 44 for a tick =P Let just change it to a clickie and call it a day! =)

Kasilis
02-20-2012, 09:51 AM
need that crack now!!!

Banemorth
02-20-2012, 09:53 AM
same

Same any ideas on a fix?

bizzum
02-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Same any ideas on a fix?

Think we gotta wait for a diff spell file.

Banemorth
02-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Bah! Just started playing yesterday. Haven't played EQ in like seven years. So excited.

Motec
02-20-2012, 09:58 AM

You are terrible.

There are no individual proc rates on weapons, except anecdotally the paladin epic. Which procs its tits off. But once again, no testing thus far as p1999 has terrible paladins.

As such all weapons share the same proc rate, with the same scaling for proc rates based on dexterity. This was all taken from incorrect 2005 TSW information, but the gist of it is very simple. 1.0PPM at 105 dex and 1.75PPM at 255 dex. Offhand is exactly half.

The only thing you are experiencing is a proc per swing chance is higher on the BSH because of the higher delay. In the long run it all ends up equal. RNG is RNG. What you see is numbers, what you dont see is why, how, etc. You're also ignorant to the 20x in a row you JBB without a proc in favor of the twice in a row now and then when you think its amazing.

I can sit infront of a mob, duel slowed with cudgel casting a clicky nuke on cleric and proc between hits 4-5 times in a row. I dont have delusions of proc rates. I understand RNG.

Edit. Yes to scale easily, 0.005 PPM per dex; 0.0025 PPM per dex offhand.

2nd edit. Higher proc per swing chance is intended to be represented in the thought that if a weapon has a delay of 10, it hits 60 times per minute. At a proc rate of 2PPM its proc per swing is 0.033*. A weapon with a delay of 100 swings 6 times per minute, which means it has a 33.3333* proc per swing rate. Hence slowing yourself trying to OT hammer usually results in instant procs. But for jousting between casts of a JBB, etc, its kinda meh as its all equal anyway. A higher weapon damage for a higher melee hit is useful if you care about melee damage.

bizzum
02-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Which procs its tits off.

Thx for making me lol while I cant log on.

Labanen
02-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Bah! Just started playing yesterday. Haven't played EQ in like seven years. So excited.

welcome... beware of the forumtrolls. Besides that, both servers are pretty great.

Banemorth
02-20-2012, 10:01 AM
welcome... beware of the forumtrolls. Besides that, both servers are pretty great.

Thanks! I played an ass backwards Necro on Fennin Ro before I transferred to Morden Rasp when it opened.

Human Necromancer exalted with the Knights of Truth and the Ashen Order :p

Harkor
02-20-2012, 10:07 AM
You are terrible.

There are no individual proc rates on weapons, except anecdotally the paladin epic. Which procs its tits off. But once again, no testing thus far as p1999 has terrible paladins.

As such all weapons share the same proc rate, with the same scaling for proc rates based on dexterity. This was all taken from incorrect 2005 TSW information, but the gist of it is very simple. 1.0PPM at 105 dex and 1.75PPM at 255 dex. Offhand is exactly half.

The only thing you are experiencing is a proc per swing chance is higher on the BSH because of the higher delay. In the long run it all ends up equal. RNG is RNG. What you see is numbers, what you dont see is why, how, etc. You're also ignorant to the 20x in a row you JBB without a proc in favor of the twice in a row now and then when you think its amazing.

I can sit infront of a mob, duel slowed with cudgel casting a clicky nuke on cleric and proc between hits 4-5 times in a row. I dont have delusions of proc rates. I understand RNG.

Edit. Yes to scale easily, 0.005 PPM per dex; 0.0025 PPM per dex offhand.

Your so ignorant to how to play a shaman you need to stop talking....
The reason we don't JBB is because were canni-ing the entire time we use the hammer/epic....unlike clerics who....if they are meleeing aren't regening mana for shit...and you'ld be doing more damage medding and nuking anyways...so stop arguing with me and go fondle a koala.

bizzum
02-20-2012, 10:10 AM
The reason we don't JBB is because were canni-ing the entire time we use the hammer/epic....unlike clerics who....if they are meleeing aren't regening mana for shit...and you'ld be doing more damage medding and nuking anyways...so stop arguing with me and go fondle a koala.

I use JBB...

Harkor
02-20-2012, 10:12 AM
You also don't have a BSH

skorge
02-20-2012, 10:14 AM
confirmed shaman dots now stacking properly (stacking 2 poison dots together)

Motec
02-20-2012, 10:15 AM

Well you're terrible then as a JBB is more efficient than any possible combination of spell cast, canni, and every med tick hit excepting for one DoT. Just stop being shit at your class and accept a cleric knows more about you.

Not to mention, you're again wrong on my efficiency as well. And PS. I dont use mana. Shissars and donals. I can do more damage or be of more use meleeing with cudgel between donals boot clicks, or getting tash on so the dps dont destroy their dps using a jstick, than I ever could medding and nuking, even undead nukes of unicorn farts and bad shaman dreams.

Edit: With dots stacking, 12 canna casts then JBB is better. Thanks MS Excel.

Dentalplan
02-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Shaman epic now insta click with an extra 5 wisdom added

Harkor
02-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Well you're terrible then as a JBB is more efficient than any possible combination of spell cast, canni, and every med tick hit excepting for one DoT. Just stop being shit at your class and accept a cleric knows more about you.

Im done arguing with you....I've parsed it on many occasions , jbb is worse dps than meleeing with BSH PERIOD.

Amelinda
02-20-2012, 10:34 AM
?!

yes. bard songs now count towards the 15 effect limit and a bard twisting 4 songs would drop you to 11 maximum buffs/effects on raids EXACTLY. And that's classic. It's how it was at least until Velious...maybe even Luclin.

Do you have to be so negative about everything? it becomes really tiresome :(

WTB Trak guts.

Just because you haven't seen trak guts yet doesn't mean they don't have a chance to drop. they are a very rare drop. It took me from whenever epics were released until like 11-12-2000 when trak guts FINALLY dropped on my live server. I got the FIRST trak guts that dropped.

thanks

The patch scaled the XP so that you will level faster at lower levels on the red server.

No epic upgrades? Those went in 2 months after epics, iirc.

Otherwise looks like some excellent updates, thanks dev team as always.

Some of our timeline is a little slower. We don't have devs who are paid. ALL of the staff is totally volunteer. Things take consequently m ore time.

Motec
02-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Do you have to be so negative about everything? it becomes really tiresome :(

Give me a reason to be positive.

Gert Groinwounder
02-20-2012, 10:46 AM

Um, why? I was always able to give my pet 2 weapons on live. Used to carry 2 bags full (usually gnoll hide lariats) just for pet usage...

Tiggles
02-20-2012, 10:49 AM

Looks like they ninja nerfed fungi again

Palemoon
02-20-2012, 10:54 AM
yes. bard songs now count towards the 15 effect limit and a bard twisting 4 songs would drop you to 11 maximum buffs/effects on raids EXACTLY. And that's classic. It's how it was at least until Velious...maybe even Luclin.

even into Planes of Power

Barkingturtle
02-20-2012, 10:56 AM

Your diabetes haven't killed you yet.

Bruman
02-20-2012, 11:07 AM

You're getting to play an MMO that is very close to the classic experience of original EverQuest for free.

Tulvinous
02-20-2012, 11:29 AM
You're getting to play an MMO that is free.

Fixed... and how many times do we have to hear this repeated over and over again? Stop trying to push the idea like it matters that it's free.

Bruman
02-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Fixed... and how many times do we have to hear this repeated over and over again? Stop trying to push the idea like it matters that it's free.

Well, for starters, it's the first time I've ever mentioned it.

Second, the server is very close to the classic experience. There's differences, yes, and the raid scene is way off, but the mobs in the raid scene take up a very small percentage of the overall game.

Third, I was giving Motec something positive to think about. Things that you enjoy, and do willingly, being free is generally viewed at a benefit.

Fourth, you sound really angry and bitter. Google for kittens or unicorns or something.

Motec
02-20-2012, 11:36 AM
It's not free for me? I pay to play

Tulvinous
02-20-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm happy to hear it's the first time you have said it, but many others seem to feel the need to continuously bring it up like anyone cares. The fact is it has to be free, they can't charge us w/o getting dropped kicked by SoE.

Second, Third, and Fourth: They don’t apply to me.

Bruman
02-20-2012, 11:54 AM
They all apply to you "fixing" my post, and complaining that I said it was free.

I'm of the matter that if you provide a service, that you do the best job you can do, regardless of compensation or cost. I hate the "this job pays so little, why should I do a good job of it!" argument. The same goes for "such-and-such is free! That means you aren't allowed to criticize it!". But either way, it's a big positive of the server, legalities or no.

So care to comment why you think this is NOT close to a classic experience?

Nirgon
02-20-2012, 12:14 PM
The server is still down and being patched.

Patience.

You better be hailing Emperor Rogean.

bluejam
02-20-2012, 12:40 PM
This isn't receiving the attention it deserves. It's being exploited right now.

Szeth
02-20-2012, 01:04 PM
wait lol, no cast time?

Xatava
02-20-2012, 01:54 PM

hilarity ensues

Fountree
02-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Druid epic nerf classic? Bug post on it bumped for clarification...

Amplitude
02-20-2012, 02:15 PM
whats up with songs going to buff window, very confusing as a bard

nilbog
02-20-2012, 02:20 PM
whats up with songs going to buff window, very confusing as a bard

There was no song window until 2003. This is a good change which should slightly affect the difficulty of buffing for raid npcs.

JANUARY 9, 2003

We have added a new window to the interface along with new game functionality. The Songs window is a new buff window that holds up to 6 bard song buffs. This increases the potential maximum effects that a character can have to 21 (15 standard and the 6 new ones). The new window only holds certain bard songs (generally the 3-tick songs). Only beneficial songs will qualify for the new buff box, and not all of those. Any buff in the new Songs window is considered temporary and will not be saved when you zone.
Songs that qualify to go into the new window will go into that window first. Any qualifying songs over six will be rerouted to the main Effects window. Cancel Magic effects will see these new buff slots as buff slots #16-21.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20030109.html

kanras
02-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Shaman epic cast time has been fixed, pending update.

kanras
02-20-2012, 02:30 PM

Um, why? I was always able to give my pet 2 weapons on live. Used to carry 2 bags full (usually gnoll hide lariats) just for pet usage...

May 5, 2000:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.games.everquest/browse_thread/thread/f7cc5bacfcd0a982/f8e0501670d2a3b6?lnk=gst&q=shaman+pet+dual+wield#f8e0501670d2a3b6

Yes it does. The necro pet dual wields. The shaman pet does not
so the damage margin is a bit wider than 7 points.

July 26, 2000:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.games.everquest/browse_thread/thread/8bfec705fdf1259c/293be734f89d5077?lnk=gst&q=shaman+pet+dual+wield#293be734f89d5077

Umm, did I mention that it's the only pet that does not dual wield? That
alone reduces its damage by 40% as compared to any pet of the same
level.

March 1, 2001:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.games.everquest/browse_thread/thread/8965b30cb55c1eec/95799ee9690312cf?lnk=gst&q=%22shaman+pet%22+%22dual+wield%22#95799ee9690312 cf

They don't. Dogs don't dual wield :(

Too bad none of that pertains to shaman pets as our pets do not use weapons
at all just keep it nice and buffed and it will do it's job just fine.

achtung
02-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Linux broke'd again :(

Amelinda
02-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Dear Developers(Nilbog, Kanras, Haynar, Sundawg, Gnome, Configured and the new guy whose name i do not know yet.):

Thank you very much for your tireless work in constantly fixing issues with the game and ensuring that such a wonderful product is presented here for people to play and enjoy with their friends. Thank you for the knowledge that you share with us and your drive to make sure that the project is here and accurate for more old players to stumble upon and re-immerse themselves into the world of Norrath.

<3

Amelinda

~~~~

Dear Rogean:

Thank you for your time and effort and brilliant programming knowledge that you lend to the project. Thank you for every time that you listen to me when I know you are busy doing other things for your "real job", thank you for all of the effort that you personally put forth towards this server which is full of many thankless people. You (and the Devs) have a VERY thankless hobby but I want you to know that I really and truly appreciate every second you dedicate to EQEMU and project1999 especially.

Thank you very much! <3

Amelinda

Secrets
02-20-2012, 02:46 PM
Dear Developers(Nilbog, Kanras, Haynar, Sundawg, Gnome, Configured and the new guy whose name i do not know yet.):

Thank you very much for your tireless work in constantly fixing issues with the game and ensuring that such a wonderful product is presented here for people to play and enjoy with their friends. Thank you for the knowledge that you share with us and your drive to make sure that the project is here and accurate for more old players to stumble upon and re-immerse themselves into the world of Norrath.

<3

Amelinda

~~~~

Dear Rogean:

Thank you for your time and effort and brilliant programming knowledge that you lend to the project. Thank you for every time that you listen to me when I know you are busy doing other things for your "real job", thank you for all of the effort that you personally put forth towards this server which is full of many thankless people. You (and the Devs) have a VERY thankless hobby but I want you to know that I really and truly appreciate every second you dedicate to EQEMU and project1999 especially.

Thank you very much! <3

Amelinda

this, times 999999999999999999999

Harkor
02-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Please tell me the mana on the shaman epic was also changed to the correct 70...not 30

Kope
02-20-2012, 03:13 PM

<3

Amelinda

~~~~

Dear Rogean:

Thank you very much! <3

Amelinda

QFT

Seriously, you guys do a lot of work for a game I personally enjoy. Thank you all.

*Edit*

Well subtract the whole talking to Rogean thing :P.

mgellan
02-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Dear Developers...
Dear Rogean:

Thank you very much for your tireless work

Ditto!!

Regards,
Mg

Grozmok
02-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Yes!

Rock on!

\m/

SearyxTZ
02-20-2012, 03:40 PM
http://images.wikia.com/glee/images/a/a7/CLAP.gif

Silikten
02-20-2012, 03:43 PM

~~~~

Dear Rogean:

SavageHenry
02-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Cool patch (bros). Thanks dev's and guides for all that you do.

Grozmok
02-20-2012, 04:10 PM
As has been said, thanks for maintaining the server and putting up with all the retards.

Including me.

:D

Tulvinous
02-20-2012, 04:10 PM
http://i.somethingawful.com/u/garbageday/2011/Photoshop_Phriday/babies/Trochanter_01.gif

Silikten
02-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Damage spell reduction not working. the 80% to 67% one.

mwatt
02-20-2012, 04:43 PM
May 5, 2000:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.games.everquest/browse_thread/thread/f7cc5bacfcd0a982/f8e0501670d2a3b6?lnk=gst&q=shaman+pet+dual+wield#f8e0501670d2a3b6

July 26, 2000:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.games.everquest/browse_thread/thread/8bfec705fdf1259c/293be734f89d5077?lnk=gst&q=shaman+pet+dual+wield#293be734f89d5077

P.S.
I'm with the croud that think these developers are wonderful, Kanras included of course. We are mighty lucky to have them. I hope my comment is not received as a complaint or an expression of dissatisfaction - it is most emphatically not. Like Kanras, I am interested in getting as close to the real Classic experience as is possible.

March 1, 2001:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.games.everquest/browse_thread/thread/8965b30cb55c1eec/95799ee9690312cf?lnk=gst&q=%22shaman+pet%22+%22dual+wield%22#95799ee9690312 cf

Ah but Shaman pets did dual wield with weapons at some point. There are several posts scattered over the web referring to giving Shaman pets weapons to make them dual wield (so far I can't find one from 2001 though). Also I do remember them doing so on live. Finally, the fact that EQEmu allows this by default is also evidence of a sort.

So I guess the real issue is when Shaman pets did not accept weapons in order to dual wield. Kanras may well be right that they did not do so in the 2001 time frame. However, I'd be more comfortable with this knowing when they began accepting weapons if anyone can find a post to that effect. Again, I can say for certain that they did take weapons at one point. This post from 2004 is evidence:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=1&mid=109277926942522461&h=50
(look at two posts back to back from Urakmathis and Teleos)

mwatt
02-20-2012, 04:47 PM
P.S.
I'm with the croud that think these developers are wonderful, Kanras included of course. We are mighty lucky to have them. I hope my comment is not received as a complaint or an expression of dissatisfaction - it is most emphatically not. Like Kanras, I am interested in getting as close to the real Classic experience as is possible.

kanras
02-20-2012, 04:55 PM
They were able to accept weapons and dual wield later in the timeline (I doubt any time pre-luclin), and in 2005 they automatically dual wielded without pets.

Raavak
02-20-2012, 04:59 PM
They were able to accept weapons and dual wield later in the timeline (I doubt any time pre-luclin), and in 2005 they automatically dual wielded without weapons.

Butthead
02-20-2012, 06:03 PM
lol ppl cant handle red so they cry...
wen u kids guna grow up n stop sucking.

Salty
02-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Thx for the patch homies.

Motec
02-20-2012, 07:39 PM
This isn't receiving the attention it deserves. It's being exploited right now.

The funny thing is within 6?mins of server up, I was over in skyfire rounding up mobs for the greatest swarm in history.

But after about 60 only, and killing maybe 10, I zoned knowing the current shaman epic is now the most powerful item in the game combined with non targetted instant sow boots.

Any amount of mobs in the zone, as long as they dont summon, dead. Awesome exploiting there.

Odeseus
02-20-2012, 08:55 PM
I played a shaman on live from Kunark til Seeds of Destruction (I think). Shaman pets have always been pretty awful. Even SK pets were generally better, according to my memory. The only pets that were worse were the 1 druid bear pet they got at some point. Otherwise shaman pets were HORRIBLE. I think I remember shaman pets getting weapons around Luclin, definately by PoP. Although that doesn't really help anything here on P99.

mwatt
02-20-2012, 10:37 PM
RE: Kanras: Removed extra tic from duration of most spells.

I assume you left in the extra DoT granted when they adjusted dots to do 2/3 damage if the mob is coming at you. :)

Thanks again for a fantastic experience.

kanras
02-20-2012, 11:15 PM
RE: Kanras: Removed extra tic from duration of most spells.

I assume you left in the extra DoT granted when they adjusted dots to do 2/3 damage if the mob is coming at you. :)

Right. This extra tic was the result of some older stock EQEmu code, not the actual duration formula calculations.

Galelor
02-21-2012, 01:29 AM
Ah but Shaman pets did dual wield with weapons at some point. There are several posts scattered over the web referring to giving Shaman pets weapons to make them dual wield (so far I can't find one from 2001 though). Also I do remember them doing so on live. Finally, the fact that EQEmu allows this by default is also evidence of a sort.

So I guess the real issue is when Shaman pets did not accept weapons in order to dual wield. Kanras may well be right that they did not do so in the 2001 time frame. However, I'd be more comfortable with this knowing when they began accepting weapons if anyone can find a post to that effect. Again, I can say for certain that they did take weapons at one point. This post from 2004 is evidence:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=1&mid=109277926942522461&h=50
(look at two posts back to back from Urakmathis and Teleos)

While this is classic, it is sad days. That said, the shaman pets in p99 were destroying mobs. They use to be pretty sucky in live if you remember... I think someone already eluded to the fact that the only classic pet that is worse than a shaman pet is the druid bear pet...

You may be having a tough time finding research about old school shaman pets because the original shaman boards (the shaman crucible) are gone (I believe...) Samanna.net took over for the original shaman and pally boards, but all the historical data did not transfer over.

kensoto
02-21-2012, 01:33 AM
Anglestiches Appalling Screech, level 26 AE Fear song for bards - the duration is shorter now on mobs. During fear kites before the patch I was able to comfortable twist Fear song, haste, dot 1, dot 2 and then restart with fear song again. Now I'm finding that the mobs are breaking out of fear WAY Earlier than they used to. they're not resisting, and they're the same mobs I've been killing for days and days before the patch and I didnt have ths problem. Now 6 seconds after I hit them with fear they're turning around and hitting me and I never had ths problem before with the lower level mobs I fear kite.

Ssleeve
02-21-2012, 02:04 AM
Anglestiches Appalling Screech, level 26 AE Fear song for bards - the duration is shorter now on mobs. During fear kites before the patch I was able to comfortable twist Fear song, haste, dot 1, dot 2 and then restart with fear song again. Now I'm finding that the mobs are breaking out of fear WAY Earlier than they used to. they're not resisting, and they're the same mobs I've been killing for days and days before the patch and I didnt have ths problem. Now 6 seconds after I hit them with fear they're turning around and hitting me and I never had ths problem before with the lower level mobs I fear kite.

It's already been explained by kanras it was a stock EMU issue that you were getting that extra tic, it's now how it was suppose to be.

Edit: He explains it 2 posts above this, l2read.

Pyrocat
02-21-2012, 03:22 AM
lol ppl cant handle red so they cry...
wen u kids guna grow up n stop sucking.

trawling patch note threads for people to add to ignore, very efficient.

Drem
02-21-2012, 04:56 AM
thank you guys. getting more classic with every patch!

kensoto
02-21-2012, 05:08 AM
It's already been explained by kanras it was a stock EMU issue that you were getting that extra tic, it's now how it was suppose to be.

Edit: He explains it 2 posts above this, l2read.

I was in the middle of playing the game and cooking at the time and just wanted to throw it up there incase nobody else had and it was a bug. I dont' always have time to read through 10 pages worth of posts. l2not be a rude fruit loop. All you had to do was just point out the post. rude ass. I came back later just to see what was up when I had more time and I have to come back and read that unecessary insult. I read the patch notes too and I saw:

Kanras: Removed extra tic from duration of most spells. --- It didn't mention songs.

As I said, the only way to know it had to do with songs would be to read through each page of posts till i saw the post by kanras above and I was busy at that time with other things.

Edit- in a previous patch they modified pet dual wield and double attack rates to be "more like players" but they ended up making it so pets barely dual wielded at all anymore. So I posted it. And the next day it was fixed back the way it was. Maybe they noticed it on their own, maybe not, but I didn't see anyone else mention it at the time.

I was just posting my observations like I said. Was trying to be helpful. You can keep your stupid little smart ass comment to yourself, though as it doesn't help anyone :).

Ssleeve
02-21-2012, 05:25 AM
rude ass. stupid little smart ass comment

Relax, it's going to be ok.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/12100000/michael-forever-michael-jackson-12150657-480-360.gif

DoucLangur
02-21-2012, 09:32 AM

Amelinda has a new sexy avatar?

Harkor
02-21-2012, 12:35 PM
"Nilbog: iksar betrayer spawn in Chardok changed to roaming phs, with more possibilities of spawning. (Monk Epic)
"
Nilbog does this mean any roamer or only roamers by orig betrayer spawn?

Raavak
02-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Amelinda has a new sexy avatar?

Is that Katey Sagal?

Rogean
02-21-2012, 02:35 PM
"Nilbog: iksar betrayer spawn in Chardok changed to roaming phs, with more possibilities of spawning. (Monk Epic)
"
Kanras does this mean any roamer or only roamers by orig betrayer spawn?

Why are you asking kanras a question about a change that is clearly marked by nilbog?

sbvera13
02-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Kanras: Warrior NPCs/pets will bash more frequently than kick.

What's the justification for this change? It's murdering my ability to solo as a player of 2 hybrid casters. I'm getting stunned about once every 5-6 seconds, and it's hard to keep more then 1 or 2 songs up while meleeing mobs. This is at lvl 10, when mobs should not be that hard yet. I'd like to know the source so I can test it.

Also, anyone recomend any tools for parsing combat logs?

Kender
02-21-2012, 02:57 PM
What's the justification for this change? It's murdering my ability to solo as a player of 2 hybrid casters. I'm getting stunned about once every 5-6 seconds, and it's hard to keep more then 1 or 2 songs up while meleeing mobs. This is at lvl 10, when mobs should not be that hard yet. I'd like to know the source so I can test it.

Also, anyone recomend any tools for parsing combat logs?

non ogre sk and pallies are experiencubg this as well. hard to cast spells. almost impossible with 3-4 mobs attacking you. as for fleeing... good luck with that too. run 2 steps, get stunned. run 2 more, get stunned.

sbvera13
02-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Yes any spellcasting character would be badly affected I imagine. Melee hybrids especially since they don't kite much. Considering the difficulty getting groups as a hybrid, having at least the option to solo is essential. This is definitely a quit-the-server change for me.

Either that, or remove the hybrid exp penalty so I can get groups on the classes I enjoy. There are just too many min-maxxers here that believe the hype about hybrids and won't invite them.

edit: see here http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=64157 for a description of why this affects hybrids so much. This was a strategy I developed on live with my first character ever, a ranger name Rhyswolf on Morell-Thule, before Kunark came out. I also used it as an SK to maintain very high aggro when tanking. I'm completely certain that the change is not classic, or is at least taken too far, because this strategy is not viable now. I'll collect logs if I can figure out how :\

Grozmok
02-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Is this the reason why I couldn't cast last night in Unrest when I had three mobs on me?

kanras
02-21-2012, 03:38 PM
All classic through Luclin logs that I have access to put bash:kick ratio somewhere between 2:1 and 3:1. The stock EQEmu code had it at 1:3 before this patch.

Rogean
02-21-2012, 03:51 PM
You can also go onto the eqmac server and test it out, last time I messed around there, I got stunned a crapload by mobs bashing me.

sbvera13
02-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Do those logs account for level? I don't have any old school logs obviously, but seeing as I was able to solo sub-20 back in classic and can't now, I have to assume, with a high degree of confidence, that it's overdone atm at least at those levels.

Thanks for answering though.

Harkor
02-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Camped chardok pipe for 6 hours today killing 3 roamers....no betrayer :(

Aviann
02-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Everquest is more challenging now. Mobs are bashing like they are supposed to. Nobody wants a hybrid, even though hybrids can take those bashing mobs off of you. Let's cry together moar

kanras
02-21-2012, 06:07 PM
Do those logs account for level? I don't have any old school logs obviously, but seeing as I was able to solo sub-20 back in classic and can't now, I have to assume, with a high degree of confidence, that it's overdone atm at least at those levels.

Thanks for answering though.

Seafuries are the lowest level mobs I have classic logs for, but they're showing the same ratio as level 60 warrior mobs. No true lowbie mob logs though.

Motec
02-22-2012, 04:17 AM
Anecdotally, the bash is too severe. I fondly remember being able to cast roots on LDC's as a 60 on live. Here? I spent nearly a minute trying to root 2 of them on me as a 60 cleric, max defence using a 2.5sec cast root.

Doesnt affect me, but apologies from kanras to every person not 60 who can now no longer cast a spell and every bard in the game now. Bump those shaman threads with "ogre" now boys :)

Nyze
02-22-2012, 04:22 AM
Kanras: Updated Visions of Grandeur to longer duration, correct ATK bonus.

OMG THANK YOU HURRRAY!!!!

ardikus
02-22-2012, 08:09 AM
Fear was nerfed pretty hard in this patch. My intimidate only last at most 12 seconds since the patch, whereas before it lasted upwards of 20 seconds

kensoto
02-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Relax, it's going to be ok.

You're the middle guy :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zvTRQr7ns8

don't worry there's a chad for you buddy

Asher
02-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Why are you asking kanras a question about a change that is clearly marked by nilbog?

And while we are on the subject of Chardok not being accurate; original Chardok didn't have half the mobs that are currently in it. I think there was one roamer going up and down both zone in and out. They didn't line the hall with mobs until the revamp. The tunnel going down deeper into chardok was where the pipe dropping mob used to be. I have no idea how it is here but I assume the tunnel is also lined with mobs leading down. Original Chardok had 3 mobs that roamed up and down that tunnel and any of the three could be the mob that dropped the pipe.

One day when I am bored I will look for details on the original Chardok because I have a feeling ours is way off.

Asher

Morsakin
02-22-2012, 02:57 PM
All classic through Luclin logs that I have access to put bash:kick ratio somewhere between 2:1 and 3:1. The stock EQEmu code had it at 1:3 before this patch.

Edit: NM, didn't read into it enough because I was at work.

Slave
02-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Thank you for the changes. The Red server seems nearly playable now, just waiting on Teams.

Odeseus
02-22-2012, 06:03 PM
I hear alot of people bitching about the changes to bash and interrupts. I always thought I channeled through WAAAAAAY too well here compared to on live. As a mage, I channel a full pet cast more times than not. That is a HUGE cast time and a MAGE (cloth wearing pansy) should not be able to channel that easily. I've seen wizards and druids channel through getting hit by like 3 or 4 mobs while kiting. They almost never got interrupted.

Don't get me wrong, I love it when I do channel and don't get owned but it doesn't match up to my memories of live. On live, I was a troll (remember, not ogre) shaman. I had a JBB but never found it that useful on live. If I was tanking, I only could finish a cast like 25% of the time. It really wasn't that game changing for soloing. You couldn't use it much for root/rotting because nukes on live used to break root almost always, or at least like 75% of the time. So I'd have to re-root every time.

I really only remember using it alot in groups to do decent DPS without spending a ton of mana or getting a ton of agro (DoTs were insane agro on live vs. nukes). Really made ogres more powerful and desirable but made the JBB less overpowering in solo situations. I remember it being a cool tool, but not a MUST HAVE.

But stuns were quite common when you were within melee range, at least on non-tanks. Changed after channeling AAs and defensive AAs, but that is beyond p99.

RiffDaemon
02-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah, I remember going to Blackburrow with a noobie Shammy and timing my spellcasts to avoid the bashes. Think that started at level 5 or 6 with the gnolls there. I remember the bashing to be pretty frequent.

kaev
02-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Gonna agree with Odeseus and RiffDaemon. On Live back in the day my Paladin definitely had to time spellcasts between mob bashes from the day he started casting at L9. (It really sucked early on having to also time between swings of my 2hander before they changed the stupid way melee swings interacted with spellcasts.)

mwatt
02-24-2012, 06:23 AM
Couple of issues it seems to me.

1) Something has changed about sit aggro. If I put a dot on a green mob, and sit down very far away - out of range of any mobs, I get attacked by green mobs near the NPC I have dotted. Is this is intentional? I didn't see it mientioned. It IS different. So far I have seen this in Droga, but haven't tested elsewhere.

2) I agree that bashes were too low. The bash changes is more like my memories of live. The amount of STUNs though, does not jibe with my memory. Even green mobs are stunning my chars several times per fight. I'm talking about true, full stuns here, not bash interrupts.

Hovis
02-24-2012, 11:52 AM
is the con system a bit messed up ?

also was there an experience limit put in? i believe its 5% a kill max now

Spitty
02-26-2012, 05:35 AM
Sorry to see the shaman pet fix go in, but it is correct. I seem to recall the change to equipping weapons happening in early Velious. I do remember hitting the Ry'Gorr camp in EW for pet weapons on the way to soloing the entrance guards in Kael, and I stopped soloing there long before Luclin was released. I can't find any evidence to support the date of change though, so this is anecdotal crap at best.

I'm glad DoT stacking was implemented in the same patch to offset the pet change, though.

Also, to go back ten pages, Motec is right. Using the JBB effectively in combination with things like DoT stacking and/or a slow weapon with a damage proc is clearly more dps than swinging away like an idiot.

Lagaidh
03-06-2012, 09:14 AM
I too remember a lot of bash interrupts in my Live days as a paladin. However, what mwatt says a few posts up worries me. I remember a lot of interrupts, but being stunned quite infrequently.

I'll throw in the caveat that I have not yet logged in to experience this patch. I did want to echo a couple sentiments in thread though. I am another player that thought I channeled through way too many casts on this server (ostensibly prior to this patch). Of course, I liked that =) I'll be somewhat sad to see it changed.

What I'll still be absolutely giddy for, however, is logging in to play.

Daldaen
03-06-2012, 06:17 PM

I saw this, but I think more needs to be done:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020904.html

Changed Specter pets so they're able to equip items and armor.

Does the Necromancer specter pet take weapons, last I checked it did... but I haven't grouped with a necro in awhile.

Flunklesnarkin
03-10-2012, 05:54 PM
In regards to shaman pet weapons.

I was able to find some hearty discussions on how to increase your shaman pets dps with dual wield weapons from 2003.

you can use this as a starting point

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/classes.html?class=9&mid=1070418683609

to track back to a forum discussion that no longer exists... however if you use the internet archive way back machine deal

you can turn

http://forums.interealms.com/shaman/showthread.php?threadid=16724

into something readable... there are further links on there as well but i'd imagine they no longer exist either so make good use of the internet archive deal at

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

but either way it does appear shaman pets should be able to use weapons in classic (or at least sometime in 2003 I'd imagine they would have posted something in the patch notes if they nerfed it back then)... but if its overpowered or not i leave to the discretion of the dev's here.

Velkator
03-13-2012, 08:47 PM
And all this on my birthday btw. Thanks and love you guys! :) :D