PDA

View Full Version : Just started a Halfling Cleric - never done this before

trollitc
03-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Hey all,

On a lark, I decided to start a Halfling Cleric. He's only 2nd level, and I've not played this class at all back when I was playing originally or now here on 1999.

What general advice could you give for the first 15-20 levels?

I'm only able to play once or twice a week, so don't plan on seeing him shoot up to level 50 anytime soon.

Thanks!

Estu
03-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Level 1-10: run to EC (you'll have to go through Kithikor - hug the wall to avoid high level monsters), get bound in Freeport, get buffs from high level druids, shamans, magicians in the tunnel and blast through the first ten levels or so. Most important buffs to get are SoW, DS, and regen.

Level 11: At this point you should start thinking about going to Unrest. Get a port to Butcherblock or Greater Faydark, get bound in Greater Faydark, run to Unrest, group up. You can stay in Unrest for a long time, through level 20 at least.

Consult the P99 Wiki for maps. If you're low on money for spells, kill decaying skeletons in North Ro and sell stacks of bone chips for 5-10pp a stack in EC.

trollitc
03-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Thanks Estu! Sounds like a plan.

ArumTP
03-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Slum through EC until 14. This can be done by hunting generally hunting orcs as a group, soloing giant scarabs/spiders/young kodiaks/undead at ring on the western edge. At 14 then go to unrest, so you can bind and reasonably kill yard trash. Soloing in unrest can be reasonably be done once the bugs stop argoing with every pull you make (not sure on level?). Level 24, it even gets easier to solo there with improved undead DD.