PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: necro pet 29+ doesn't dw without 2 weps

chuck norris
03-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Noticed pet dmg was low even with haste so tested with just one 1h wep only saw damage from that weapon and no regular hits. Thought it may just be 29 pet but as of 44 pet still no luck.

chuck norris
03-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Sorry if this is classic and/or duplicate post on bug.

Flowz
03-09-2012, 06:23 PM
pretty sure this is a EMU bug, i remember pets would be shit on other servers without 2 weapons not entirely sure on this tho.

Crazycloud
03-09-2012, 07:07 PM
EMU bug for sure. Mained mage back in classic days and didn't need to give weps to pet for DW.

Brinkman
03-09-2012, 11:16 PM
This is not a bug : P99 patch notes where it was removed ( because it was wrong )

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33579&highlight=Patch+Notes+dual+wield

From original EQ patch notes:

November 29th, 2000 3:00 AM -

"- Higher level Magician, Necromancer, and Shadowknight pets now have
the ability to dual-wield without being handed weapons. The calculation
used to determine whether or not this ability exists takes several
things into account, but for the most part 39th level and above summons
(higher for the Shadowknight) will have this ability. It is possible
that you could get a “good” 34th level pet that will, or a “bad” 39th
level pet that will not have this ability. "

So basically pets are given this ability 7 months after Kunark release. Which means sometime before velious lvl 34 + int caster pets should get auto Dual wield back. I do not believe the lvl 29 pets will get auto DW here, I think that happened after luclin release.

On p99 this was not in at release, then it was added, then removed again.

No pets had auto DW until Novemer 29, 2000. ( with the exception of Emmisarry of Thule, and Mage epic pet )

Crazycloud
03-10-2012, 12:53 AM
guess not! seems shit ton slower on emu.

Charmed pets are a different story tho. Should dual wield when charmed right?

Edit: Also i remember giving my mage pets 2 2handed swords and he would dual wield them. Anyone remember this around classic?

Brinkman
03-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Charmed pets are a different story tho. Should dual wield when charmed right?

Some do and some dont, Some you must give weapons and some they just wont period, there are lists out there in the forums, try searching. Pets SHOULD be dropping weapons you give them, but thats a huge code issue thats been confirmed by nilbog.

Edit: Also i remember giving my mage pets 2 2handed swords and he would dual wield them. Anyone remember this around classic?

I recall this as well, but there seems to be coding issues with what weapons pets will actually equip. Pets should be immune to most restrictions, like class or slot requirements, but that isnt happening here on p99