PDA

View Full Version : EQEmulator Server Move

Rogean
05-01-2010, 10:40 PM
EQEmulator has completed the host move. If you are having problems connecting to the loginserver, try flushing your DNS (ipconfig /flushdns). If that doesn't work, try this eqhost:

[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998
If that still doesn't work, try replacing login.eqemulator.net with 216.59.33.136.
_

Phallax
05-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Any chance on a swimming fix while we are going down? :)

Rogean
05-02-2010, 12:17 AM
If you read the message again, you'll notice this isn't game server related.

Volga
05-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Which DC / Provider are you co-locating with?

Rogean
05-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Why?

Phallax
05-02-2010, 12:54 AM
If you read the message again, you'll notice this isn't game server related.

Ah I just figured it make the server DC

Dally Llama
05-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Alright I am probably not as tech savvy as most of the people on here. If I am having trouble logging in (p1999 doesn't show up) what do I do and how do I do it? Thanks for all you guys do.

Malrubius
05-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Alright I am probably not as tech savvy as most of the people on here. If I am having trouble logging in (p1999 doesn't show up) what do I do and how do I do it? Thanks for all you guys do.

Translation of the OP for you. Try the following 3 things, one at a time, trying to access the game after each one, until it works...

1st attempt...
Open a command prompt (Start->Accessories->Command Prompt).
Type ipconfig /flushdns.

2nd attempt...
Edit the file eqhost.txt which is in the directory you installed Project 1999 to.
Change the text there to...
[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

3rd attempt...
In the same file as above,
Replace login.eqemulator.net with 216.59.33.136

Edit - I did not have to do any of these things.

zahlia
05-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Many thanks, Malrubius! I followed step 1 and Project 1999 now appears in the list of servers again.

mitic
05-02-2010, 05:43 PM
"1st attempt" worked for me, thanks

LazyFuj
05-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Would this transfer affect someone who can see the login server, hit connect and the screen goes black and just freezes? Keep in mind this has never happened before today. Can't login at all.

edit: The screen sort of minimizes to the top left corner, so its black and I can see half of my desktop.

Kadie
05-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Translation of the OP for you. Try the following 3 things, one at a time, trying to access the game after each one, until it works...

1st attempt...
Open a command prompt (Start->Accessories->Command Prompt).
Type ipconfig /flushdns.

2nd attempt...
Edit the file eqhost.txt which is in the directory you installed Project 1999 to.
Change the text there to...

3rd attempt...
In the same file as above,
Replace login.eqemulator.net with 216.59.33.136

Edit - I did not have to do any of these things.

Done all of the above several times, still having issues logging on and zoning :( At the present time I can't even log back in (which is awesome, as I just zoned to PoF :P)

Mady
05-06-2010, 02:45 PM
I was chugging along, died in HHP, it was late Sunday night and said I will get corpse Monday evening after work. (lvl 8, bound in FP...:rolleyes:). Got on Monday and started locking up.

At first I was logging in alright, but about 5 to 10 seconds after entering the world I would freeze. In trying to repair this, the freeze started just after hitting "enter world" at the character select screen.

Finally I deleted the file out of my computer, coppied the whole file from my wifes computer onto a memory stick and loaded that back on my computer.

That worked and I am up and running. Not sure what file was corrupted or what it was. Was wondering if it was something in Mondays patch that just didn't agree with my machine.

firefoxx512
05-09-2010, 12:03 AM
Would this transfer affect someone who can see the login server, hit connect and the screen goes black and just freezes? Keep in mind this has never happened before today. Can't login at all.

edit: The screen sort of minimizes to the top left corner, so its black and I can see half of my desktop.

I am having the exact same problem. Never had this before. I appreciate any help with the matter.