PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Vision not working?

Gaimcap
05-03-2010, 03:40 PM
So according to the description and from what I read about it on alla, Vision is supposed to grant you vision on whatever target you cast it on.... but for some reason It doesn't seem to do this for me.

It works on myself, but whenever I cast it on someone else I get "You try to cast a spell on Omet[Me], but they are protected."

Ogre Shaman if it matters, Thanks!

doacleric
05-03-2010, 07:47 PM
The spell is supposed to allow you to see through your targets eyes. I am honestly not sure if it ever worked on other players, but it should certainly work on other NPC's without agroing them. Does anyone remember? Its quite possible that the spell is currently flagged as detrimental, not allowing it to work on other players unless in a PvP environment.

Samuel
05-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Brought this up awhile ago, http://project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4399&highlight=assiduous

Last I checked it's still working the way I describe it.

Gorroth
05-23-2010, 05:14 AM
Bump, shaman/bard bind sight spells are still broken, can they be fixed?

As mentioned, the spell seems to be semi-detrimental on P99. It won't aggro a mob, but it can't be cast on PCs. It also doesn't ignore line of sight, even though it should.

Vision spells ignore LoS / Being casted on players / Huge casting range (http://web.archive.org/web/20011228004920/eq.castersrealm.com/spells/spell.asp?Id=1015)

GREAT USES IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT, By Arud bastad, 52nd level songstacker (7/25/2001)

2. Chain casting it while you are at the zone is also good when you are getting ready to venture into a dungeon. Also for looking around corners.

3. I can also guide someone through a dungeon if he doesnt know the zone too well.

CORPSE RETRIEVAL/SCOUTING, By Crescendo of xegony (1/28/2001)

When someone has died and doesn't know exactly where their corpse is (eg. Sol B, CT maze, etc.) try combining this song with Lyssa's Locating Lyric. 1. Target person and sing Lyssa's Locating Lyric (you will now have the corpse targeted). 2. Sing Lyssa's Solidarity of Vision when you think you're close to corpse. If it's within range, you will now be seeing through the corpses eyes. You can even F9 for different views. Hopefully you can ascertain the specific corpse location form it's surroundings, and this is also very handy to check if there are mobs camping the corpse. HAPPY CR =) Crescendo, L34 bard of Xegony

THIS IS A FUN SONG. NOTHING MORE, By Dominusi (1/28/2001)

This is a great song to kill time with. If you are waiting for other party members in a newbie zone, cast it on snakes and rats and watch thru thier eyes as they slaughter the newbies. Also fun to see how far across a zone you can see. If you cast on a target, then cast on another target while still looking thru thier eyes you can chain this song clear across the zone.

Kerrik
05-23-2010, 10:28 AM
I know that the Shaman spell Vision would bind to players, at least back around the time of Kunark (when I had an Iksar Shaman for my main). I would sometimes use that spell to watch what the puller was doing to anticipate what was incoming. I also sometimes used it to go on a virtual tour of some zones, hopping from mob to mob to player to try to explore.

Haynar
05-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Spent some time on this yesterday. Still havent figured out what is wrong with it. But not giving up yet.

Haynar

LazyFuj
05-23-2010, 06:26 PM
the spell sight graft also doesn't work either, maybe same problem? Sight graft lets you see through your pets eyes.

Gorroth
05-24-2010, 08:02 AM
I think someone reported that the wizard spell "bind sight" was working. Maybe it would be possible to duplicate part of the spell for vision/song/sight graft?

Edit: Nevermind, seems like bind sight is broken too.

Gorroth
06-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Bump, vision spells are half-fixed, still can't cast them on players and it doesn't ignore line of sight. =/

Thorjorkill
06-07-2010, 05:31 PM
The real root of the problem I think is DX. Vision in general in everquest was race based, and believe you me, there was a huge difference with vision dynamics between races. Go into befallen without a light source with a barbarian or human without a light source.

You were as good as blind. Vision spells were based off those characteristics, but when the ezmode patches with vision, light sources infra/ultra changes came, and then direct x, vision stuff went the way of the dodo.

Gorroth
06-08-2010, 04:01 AM
The thread is about the vision line of spell, the one that binds your sight to your target, not ultravision/acumen. =p

Haynar
06-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Bump, vision spells are half-fixed, still can't cast them on players and it doesn't ignore line of sight. =/
Bah.

At least I know what causes this issue and can fix it quick.

Haynar

Kinamur1999
06-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Bump*

Noticed they tweaked bind sight spells, checked today and Assiduous vision still isn't working.