PDA

View Full Version : Need help with play guide Please help!

bcaldwe0
05-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Hey guys I downloaded everquest titanium via bit torrent as project1999 website recommended. I am confused about step 4 where it says to go into the everquest directory and change the eqhost.tx file. I dont see either the everquest directory or the eqhost.tx file in the everquest titanium that i downloaded. So what do I do....Obviously I am not an expert with computers, any help would be appreciated.....

Am i supposed to burn the cd's in the titanium file? LOL

bcaldwe0
05-06-2010, 11:04 PM
ok lol supposed to use the daemon tools hopefully this works and ill cya guys in game =)

mgellan
05-06-2010, 11:22 PM
Did you try just running SETUP.EXE in the root of the Titanium folder? Or is it just an ISO? A little more info would help us diagnose the issue...

Regards,
Mg

bcaldwe0
05-07-2010, 12:33 AM
it was an iso but I got it downloaded now I am attempting to change the eqhost.txt but when i go to save the changes it notepad says access denied. How do I get around that?

doacleric
05-07-2010, 12:37 AM
You might want to use a computer/account that gives you write permissions to the hard drive, lol

mgellan
05-07-2010, 12:38 AM
it was an iso but I got it downloaded now I am attempting to change the eqhost.txt but when i go to save the changes it notepad says access denied. How do I get around that?

Uhm, have you installed it on the hard drive or are you trying to change it on the CD/DVD?

Regards,
Mg

bcaldwe0
05-07-2010, 12:43 AM
Umm stupid question: the c drive is the hard drive correct (lol) if so then yes it is on the hard drive

mgellan
05-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Umm stupid question: the c drive is the hard drive correct (lol) if so then yes it is on the hard drive

Yup thats the hard drive. Right click on the file select Properties and on the General tab look for attributes and unclick Read-only. Are you using Windows XP Vista or 7?

Regards,
Mg

Daliant17447
05-10-2010, 01:24 PM

Save the file in a different place, desktop for example. Then copy and paste it into your EQ folder and overwrite