PDA

View Full Version : Mage Pet Questions

Honest
05-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Had a few questions on mage pets.

Does the Damage shield on the fire pet count as pet damage?

At what level do pets dual wield two large 1 handed weapons, at lvl 25 right now he can only care a spear and a dagger?

Does anyone know if weapon delay effects pets? The wiki states that attack delay of pets is not affected by weapons.

Duoing with any other class will negate the pet exp penalty?

Thank you!

Honest
05-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Crap just noticed this was in the priest section. Any chance i can get a mod to move it to casters?

Danyelle
05-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Had a few questions on mage pets.

Does the Damage shield on the fire pet count as pet damage?

At what level do pets dual wield two large 1 handed weapons, at lvl 25 right now he can only care a spear and a dagger?

Does anyone know if weapon delay effects pets? The wiki states that attack delay of pets is not affected by weapons.

Duoing with any other class will negate the pet exp penalty?

Thank you!

1. No. But it doesn't count as your damage either. It's neutral. If a mob were to take nothing but the damage from your pet's DS it would not give you xp/faction hits and would insta-poof when it dies

2. Have you tried ensuring you have the highest level pet at 24? The weird thing about pets is they will equip two weapons at ANY level, however they won't use the off hand until they are the appropriate level for DW. Which makes it complicated unless you know exactly when he starts. Dunno why they do that. I don't recall them ever doing that on Live and I know they sure as hell don't now. But whatever. Also the summoned spear is two-hander.

3. It does not

4. Yes being in a group removes the xp penalty. The penalty for sharing xp with a duo partner, depending on their level and class, is significantly better than the nerfed pet xp. You do not have to be in the same zone, you simply MUST be grouped.

dcapotos
05-03-2012, 02:25 PM
4. Yes being in a group removes the xp penalty. The penalty for sharing xp with a duo partner, depending on their level and class, is significantly better than the nerfed pet xp. You do not have to be in the same zone, you simply MUST be grouped.

IIRC the recent pet xp changes made is so the penalty will still apply if the pet out damages the group.

Danyelle
05-03-2012, 02:31 PM
IIRC the recent pet xp changes made is so the penalty will still apply if the pet out damages the group.

Hmmm was that with that last patch? I've not really done any duoing since that patch went in but I did duo Bloodgills maybe a month ago? Worked fine then.

Odd i'll have to test that today unless someone else can confirm. lol

Honest
05-03-2012, 04:31 PM

well that sucks. I used to love to duo with another mage. just let the pets do all the work. Anyone confirm this?

Norok
05-08-2012, 01:02 PM

Wait... how does that work? What is in place to stop two people from just grouping and one going afk a zone away to get around the exp penalty?

dcapotos
05-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Wait... how does that work? What is in place to stop two people from just grouping and one going afk a zone away to get around the exp penalty?

Oct 23rd update: "Classic pet experience distribution." Oct 23 2011 Patch.

In order to receive full experience for a kill solo, you need to do more than 50% of the damage to the mob. If your pet out-damages you or the group, it will take 50% of the experience away from the kill. This is a major change from the previous system, in which you only needed to do a single point of damage to the mob in order to get full experience. If you are grouped, your group and you will get full xp from the kill.

sources
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Pet_Guide
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=441865&postcount=1