PDA

View Full Version : Root-dotting 49-60

Estu
05-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Since the pet EXP nerf I've found it somewhat simpler to root-dot on my shaman rather than to tank. In recent levels I've been soloing in the Emerald Jungle (I also group, but sometimes I need to solo), which has been nice because (1) there's pretty much no competition, (2) single non-caster pulls are plentiful, and (3) there are safe spots along the edge of the map. More and more of the monsters have been turning light blue, though, so I'm wondering where to go next. Any suggestions?

Norok
05-24-2012, 10:32 AM
If you are using root rot then you should move into higher Zone Experience Modifier locations.

Check out:
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Recommended_Levels_and_ZEM_List

Based on these numbers and your level it may be beneficial to look into The Hole, Sebilis, Karnors, or Skyfire. The Hole in particular as you do not need to run around much to kite per se and has a very high ZEM. Also as a bonus the drops of mercury are very valuable for dwarven cultural smiths.

Estu
05-24-2012, 10:51 AM
If you are using root rot then you should move into higher Zone Experience Modifier locations.

Check out:
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Recommended_Levels_and_ZEM_List

Based on these numbers and your level it may be beneficial to look into The Hole, Sebilis, Karnors, or Skyfire. The Hole in particular as you do not need to run around much to kite per se and has a very high ZEM. Also as a bonus the drops of mercury are very valuable for dwarven cultural smiths.

My issue with going into dungeons is the prevalence of spell-casters, the competition for monsters, and most importantly, the difficulty of getting single pulls (as I don't have any kind of lull or feign death spell, and probably don't have the mana to take down two monsters at once, not having JBBs). Skyfire might be worth looking into, though, if I can avoid the debuffers.

Norok
05-24-2012, 01:12 PM
The Hole is still good; invis past the first 6 of which some can be wizards. Then you should be able to grab singles in the open areas before the castle and the few roamers.

Estu
05-24-2012, 01:48 PM
The Hole is still good; invis past the first 6 of which some can be wizards. Then you should be able to grab singles in the open areas before the castle and the few roamers.

OK, I'll check the Hole out - thank you.

phobus
05-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Since you're already in EJ, I suggest you check out City of Mist. Can be crowded at peak times, but it's full of non-caster mobs that are easy to split or pull single. Plenty of safe areas, too.

Estu
05-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Since you're already in EJ, I suggest you check out City of Mist. Can be crowded at peak times, but it's full of non-caster mobs that are easy to split or pull single. Plenty of safe areas, too.

My experience from grouping in CoM is that half the mobs are light blue and the other half are 2+ per pull or cast spells. Are there really good areas for a solo level 49?

phobus
05-24-2012, 09:47 PM
The mobs get higher in level as you move through the zone. Heck, I know a Druid who root-rotted there a lot up to 60.

At 49, the stables will probably be competely light blue. You could try the temple, the houses behind each courtyard, or the mobs along the moat in front of the castle. You'll have to split some of the spawns, but you generally have plenty of room so root-parking one shouldn't be a problem.

Also, the only casters I've encounted thus far have been the Iksar ghosts that occasionally proc a lifetap, similar to spectres. Nothing to be concerned about even if you were tanking them.

Handull
05-29-2012, 08:14 PM
root/rotting in KC is easy. outdoor zone=harmo. at 49 you might want to stick to the zone in. but you can pull to the sides of the moat so you dont get trained. after a few levels, you can move to the box room. obviously root/rotting gets a lot better at 52, since thats the most efficient dot you get (the 53 dot is a waste for exping, imo). at 52/53 the box room should be good, except that the skele bezerkers will give u a hard time til as high as 56/57, the other mobs will be great exp and a chance at drops.

don't see why you couldn't root/rot something like perma pits, but its out of the way. root/rotting the undead tower basement (just the four skele mobs in basement) was how i spent most of my time at 59. was a consistent group of kills with a fast repop and no casters, the only hard part is getting down there solo to bind yourself, thats takes creativity.

i'd stay outa seb unless you are 55+ and really have a ton of resist gear. even at that, its gunna be rough with so many shaman/wiz mobs around.

you could solo the ent of HS. zone in fully buffed and with full mana, and either invis or IVU, and run straight for the stairs. again, dont try this at lvl 50, lol. you can get unlucky and take two HT's when you zone, so it can be rough, but otherwise nice exp and easy pulls.

you can also invis run around chardok root/rotting golems and janisaries at higher lvls, but you want to avoid the casters, esp the ones that summon

not so sure skyfire is a good idea, lol

Estu
05-29-2012, 09:35 PM
root/rotting in KC is easy. outdoor zone=harmo. at 49 you might want to stick to the zone in. but you can pull to the sides of the moat so you dont get trained. after a few levels, you can move to the box room. obviously root/rotting gets a lot better at 52, since thats the most efficient dot you get (the 53 dot is a waste for exping, imo). at 52/53 the box room should be good, except that the skele bezerkers will give u a hard time til as high as 56/57, the other mobs will be great exp and a chance at drops.

don't see why you couldn't root/rot something like perma pits, but its out of the way. root/rotting the undead tower basement (just the four skele mobs in basement) was how i spent most of my time at 59. was a consistent group of kills with a fast repop and no casters, the only hard part is getting down there solo to bind yourself, thats takes creativity.

i'd stay outa seb unless you are 55+ and really have a ton of resist gear. even at that, its gunna be rough with so many shaman/wiz mobs around.

you could solo the ent of HS. zone in fully buffed and with full mana, and either invis or IVU, and run straight for the stairs. again, dont try this at lvl 50, lol. you can get unlucky and take two HT's when you zone, so it can be rough, but otherwise nice exp and easy pulls.

you can also invis run around chardok root/rotting golems and janisaries at higher lvls, but you want to avoid the casters, esp the ones that summon

not so sure skyfire is a good idea, lol

Just to be clear, this question is about shaman root-dotting, not druid, so I don't have any kind of harmony/lull spells. Will check out permafrost, though, thanks.

SavageBeast15
05-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Nobles in High keep are very good exp til about 54. only a two pull so you could easily take them both at the same time to get them split at the beginning. Very fast respawns. If you want to you can captain boshinko and the bards if the 2 spawn is a bit too slow. As a druid I would have just enough time to kill one, med about how much mana it took to kill the first one back, then the other would spawn. Check into it, very good exp.

Estu
05-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Nobles in High keep are very good exp til about 54. only a two pull so you could easily take them both at the same time to get them split at the beginning. Very fast respawns. If you want to you can captain boshinko and the bards if the 2 spawn is a bit too slow. As a druid I would have just enough time to kill one, med about how much mana it took to kill the first one back, then the other would spawn. Check into it, very good exp.

Cool, I'll look into it. Thanks.

Asher
05-30-2012, 02:27 PM
I will second the perma pits. I did almost all of 59 for my shaman there.

Bring a DA idol, know the area well, lev/sow up, run past IGs jump in pit and sit and camp ASAP. IIRC they run around and circle for awhile. You should have time to successfully camp out and log back in safely.

All pits may not be 100% safe so you would probably want to have mana to root / camp or root/rot.

I only did this twice.

Asher

Handull
05-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Just to be clear, this question is about shaman root-dotting, not druid, so I don't have any kind of harmony/lull spells. Will check out permafrost, though, thanks.

lol, my bad...either way, many of the pulls in KC are two mobs at a time, so you can do many of them easily.

Kevlar
05-31-2012, 02:24 PM
I did the hunter/forager cycle a lot on my druid around that level. Though I had tracking and a pet dinosaur to help. Still TT is a step up in level from EJ. Plenty of dark blue cons and you might get lucky and stumble on a named.

I found casters extremely easy to root rot. I leveled up a ton on hags and chief goonda or owoomp. Just root them at max range and dot them up and step back. Or with hags I just root them dot them and sit around the corner.

mwatt
06-05-2012, 03:05 PM
I have two suggestions. First, I agree with the CoM recommendation. Temple would be perfect (outside the temple). You can also do the first three mobs inside of Arena (from the left side). In these places, you can will be able to get single pulls. You will have mainly blues until around 54, but CoM has a good modifier and even the light blues give not-horrible experience.

My other recommendation is Bloodgill Goblins in Lake of Ill Omen. On the negative side, this is underwater fighting and you fairly frequently will get a two-pull, though there are spots where you can garuantee a solo pull. On the positive side, they are easy and it is truly excellent experience. You will have mainly blues until 52. However, there are folks who recommend Bloogills to 54 because even the light blues give good experience and it is fairly easy once you have mastered the ins and outs of finding where they are (seek ye the bases of the pillars in the middle of the lake) and fighting underwater.