PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter illusions

Rezek
05-24-2012, 01:09 PM
So what I'm wondering is if a enchanter gets race bonuses when in a illusion? Like does illusion iksar grant regen? I know going human kills your vision so I would think you get positives also. And how about XP penalties?

Sephiroth781
05-24-2012, 01:22 PM
So what I'm wondering is if a enchanter gets race bonuses when in a illusion? Like does illusion iksar grant regen? I know going human kills your vision so I would think you get positives also. And how about XP penalties?

As far as I remember only certain illusions grant bonuses. Most of the basic illusions (like Illusion: High Elf), don't provide the racial abilities, just the illusion that modifies faction.

Vermicelli
05-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Racial illusions don't grant any racial skills, elemental resistance bonuses, or experience bonuses (or in the case of the big dumb fatties, xp penalties ;)). As mentioned above, the main benefit of changing your appearance is to affect your faction. Additionally, becoming a dark elf grants ultravision, and changing into a troll will give +1 HP regeneration per tick. Unfortunately, the infinitely cooler looking Iksar illusion doesn't enhance your regeneration. Because of a graphical bug, transforming into a gnome will allow you to see thru some walls if you stick your nose into them. Heck yeah x-ray vision!

Rezek
05-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the info..to bad going halfling did not give the 5% xp ;)

colleekitty
05-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Other random illusion facts worth noting include the locals in Firiona Vie who don't take kindly to elemental illusions or wolf form. I've seen a few enchanter corpses in air illusion littered around the city.

Also, the crusader who patrols just outside of cabilis in field of bone will attack even while the enchanter is in iksar illusion. There could be other crusaders who might see through the illusion as well, so con as you go. I learned this the hard way. =)

Sephiroth781
05-25-2012, 01:22 AM
Other random illusion facts worth noting include the locals in Firiona Vie who don't take kindly to elemental illusions or wolf form. I've seen a few enchanter corpses in air illusion littered around the city.

Also, the crusader who patrols just outside of cabilis in field of bone will attack even while the enchanter is in iksar illusion. There could be other crusaders who might see through the illusion as well, so con as you go. I learned this the hard way. =)

I've noticed this is less of a problem with Enchanters that go Agnostic. Guards have a tendency to smell your religion irregardless of your illusion form.

Tverian
05-25-2012, 12:36 PM
the infinitely cooler looking Iksar illusion doesn't enhance your regeneration.

This bug needs a priority fix ASAP!

Rezek
05-26-2012, 02:45 AM
This bug needs a priority fix ASAP!

Agreed.

Heavydrop
07-26-2012, 12:25 AM
Racial illusions don't grant any racial skills, elemental resistance bonuses, or experience bonuses (or in the case of the big dumb fatties, xp penalties ;)). As mentioned above, the main benefit of changing your appearance is to affect your faction. Additionally, becoming a dark elf grants ultravision, and changing into a troll will give +1 HP regeneration per tick. Unfortunately, the infinitely cooler looking Iksar illusion doesn't enhance your regeneration. Because of a graphical bug, transforming into a gnome will allow you to see thru some walls if you stick your nose into them. Heck yeah x-ray vision!

Using Troll illusion does give you the racial ability to Slam.
Not sure if Ogre illusion gives you immunity to frontal stun, but I'm going
to try it out on my 20 chanter