PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: North Qeynos Newbie Mobs

Kazzdel
11-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Some of the mobs in the North Qeynos newbie area hit harder than one might expect mobs of their level to hit.

For example, my mage was being hit for a max damage of 7 from the level 1 "a grass snake." Other level 1 mobs (decaying skeletons, bats, gnoll pups) were hitting for 2 max.

The level 2 klicnik drones and fire beetles are also maxxing for 9 damage. The level 3 and 4 klicnik workers, however, only hit for 6 and 8, respectively.

While this stuff isn't a huge deal, it might help newer characters that start in Qeynos if this is investigated.

Thanks for your time in making such a great server.

entilza
11-10-2009, 07:24 PM
I doubt newbie mobs were hitting 2 for max.

One tip to determine what the max hit a mob will hit for is by sitting while being attacked.

Kazzdel
11-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Just sat while beating on a level 1 large rat in Qeynos, hit me for 2. Did the same w/ a level 1 grass snake, hit me for 7.

Again, this isn't a huge deal compared to many of the issues faced by the developers, but I thought it was a bug and wanted to make sure someone was aware.

SirSpankAlot360
11-15-2009, 01:14 PM
This has to do with AC and damage mitigation being bugged. It's affecting melee classes the worse.

Aeolwind
11-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Level 1's should max for 7
Level 2's should max for 8
Level 3's should max for 9
etc
etc

I'll see what I can get worked up in the way of someone that can do queries to make sure this is as it should be.

sever
11-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Pretty sure that's how it's supposed to go:

Level 1: 2
Level 2: 4
Level 3: 6
etc

briannick91
11-16-2009, 12:16 AM
level 1: 4
level 2: 8

stormlord
11-16-2009, 12:37 AM
Level 1's should max for 7
Level 2's should max for 8
Level 3's should max for 9
etc
etc

I'll see what I can get worked up in the way of someone that can do queries to make sure this is as it should be.

Is that an average? It would be boring if they all had the same max damage.

nilbog
04-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Combat was changed.. and will be changed since this report. Make new posts with new findings.

fischsemmel
02-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Combat was changed.. and will be changed since this report. Make new posts with new findings.

I'm necroing via forum search... but I don't feel too bad about it since you DID ask for new posts and didn't get any.

On my untwinked, level 2, erudite wizard, I was getting hit for 2 max (while sitting) from bats, decaying skeletons, gnoll pups, and rats in North Qeynos.

"a grass snake" was hitting for 4 max (while sitting).

All of the above NPCs were level 1.

Level 2 NPCs I tested: klicnik worker = 4. klicnik drone = 9. a fire beetle = 9.

Talk about a surprise for a level 2 noobie on the server, who kills one or two even cons all right, and then gets sent to his bind by the next one he attacks.

Also, are grass snakes even classic? There isn't even an NPC called "a grass snake" on allakhazam, in the kunark prima strategy guide, or in my memory. I remember (as do these other sources) "a moss snake." First cast I ever did with Ice Comet on my first wizard back on live was on a moss snake in west freeport, and it resisted :(