PDA

View Full Version : Mages Nerfed?

Tazren
08-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Obviously its been awhile but are MagesiIncredibly nerfed on this server? the pets seem to do alot less dmg then they did on classic everquest.

bhatz01
08-12-2012, 05:52 PM
The biggest "Nerf" is classic pet experience rule set. As far as damage, the max hit for pets is the same as in classic, whether they connect as much as they did, that's pure speculation.

maker
12-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Where can I find information about this experience rule set? Mainly I want to know if this effects charmed pets, and also if it takes effect when your grouped.

Phinger
12-12-2012, 12:43 PM
It does affect charm mobs. That's why most enchanters break charm at the end of the fight and finish off the enemy mob (and charm pet if low HP). That's why the goblin gazaughi ring is awesome. But if you're grouped at all, the penalty is removed. That's why cleric/enc is crazy good, you charm pet, give two weapons, haste, and the cleric can just ch him....you have a sick nasty dps machine at that point with the safety of a cleric watching your back.

maker
12-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Ah cool, good to know! Also one more question. If you are soloing, and the pet does do more than half of the damage, how much experience does he take exactly?

Phinger
12-12-2012, 03:49 PM
I don't know it offhand but its been discussed numerous times on the boards...try a search and see if you can't find it that way. Something like 50% i think.

ManticSquee
12-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Wiki says 50% exp loss if pet does more than half the damage.