PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Weird error message - item deleted.

Xenephex
05-27-2010, 03:38 PM
I was making metal bits in the forge nearest the bank in North Freeport. I accidentally dropped one small piece of ore on top of the other one in the forge, thus creating a stack - which I know the forge does not allow.

I tried to pick up one of them and it wouldn't let me, so I picked up both of them, put them in a bag and started over. After I pulled them out of the forge, I saw these message:

"Error: Server found no item in slot 255 (-> 30): Deleting Item!"
"Error: Server found no item in slot 30 (-> 4006): Deleting Item!"

When I put everything back in the forge and clicked combine, it did the combine, but then I saw two similar (but slightly different) messages. It did that 3 times (but did the combine) and then started telling me I couldn't combine those items in that container.

I closed the forge and opened it back up, but now it would give me a similar series of messages everytime I put the two pieces of ore in it (which were the last two I had on me). I could put other things in and it worked fine, but those two pieces of ore would trigger a series of messages every time I put them in the forge.

I managed to make the same thing happen in an oven, and finally realized that I could trigger the messages just by picking up one of my now magic pieces of ore. It turned out it was just ONE of the two pieces, and I was also able to make the messages happen by picking up either of the two dairy spoons I had made after the messages started occurring.

My curiosity growing, I tried selling one of the nebulous dairy spoons to a merchant. The dairy spoon was highlighted when I clicked on it (with no error message) and a price was offered, but when I actually clicked 'sell', I got the message:

"You seem to have misplaced that item."

I finally camped out and back in, and both of the pieces of ore were gone from my inventory (even though only one of them seemed to be generating the problem), and one of the dairy spoons was gone. The other dairy spoon now seemed to be normal and I was able to sell it to a vendor.

I hope someone can make some sense out of that. I will re-iterate that this whole thing seemed to start when I stacked two items in a tradeskill container, specifically a forge.

Extunarian
05-27-2010, 03:57 PM
I have been able to reproduce this error. I have some screen shots of me picking up the items and putting them back to show the error message, but OP already shows it.

I did this twice as I thought the first time was a fluke and didn't think about it until it happened again. Basically I turned gnoll fangs into the female warrior guild trainer in halas who rewards you with a minor item per tooth. One of the items she gives is 'a ration', which I stacked in my inventory as she doled them out (I had a lot of teeth).

Anyway I went to the nearest merchant and started selling the torches, lamps, and other jun she had given me, but when I tried to sell all the rations I had at once, the merchant said 'hold your horses, one at a time' or something along those lines. I backed out of the merchant screen and tried again, this time only selling one ration at a time, but the client printed in red letters
'you seem to have misplaced this item.'
At that point I once again closed the merchant screen and tried to unstack the rations, which is when I started to see the message:
"Error: Server found no item in slot 255 (-> 30): Deleting Item!"

This happened to me twice, under the exact same circumstances. I ended up just destroying the items the first time, and the second time I logged in/out and the items were gone.

Gorroth
05-28-2010, 02:40 AM
There's a known issue about stack of items being eaten by static tradeskill containers (forges, kilns, ovens, looms, etc.).

If you have the option, use an inventory container instead of a static one, they don't have the "stack" bug.