PDA

View Full Version : Rogue sneak pull

username17
09-19-2012, 03:35 PM
This didn't seem to make it into the patch notes, but Rogue sneak pulling has been fixed (aka nerfed).

I dropped sneak/hide, clicked my Mrylo gaunts, used the actions window to re-sneak or re-hide and I get the following message:
You begin to hide...
You can't use that command right now...

Just a FYI so we don't have lots of dead rogues out there.

godbox
09-20-2012, 01:42 AM
that sucks if true. anyone else confirm?
guess i wont have a hard time finding mrylok gaunts now tho lol just a fashion item i guess

Tecmos Deception
09-20-2012, 09:59 AM
WTB travel time on thrown/archery weapons.

OMGWTF420
09-20-2012, 12:25 PM
pulling with mrylo gaunts was an exploit so they fixed it(dont know why it wasnt in patch notes) Sneak pulling, as its intended (with range weps., staying out of los of other mobs) should still work fine. you SHOULD NEVER have been able to hide while casting sorry to burst your bubble

godbox
09-20-2012, 01:55 PM
how do u sneak pull with range weps (new to non caster classes)

Treats
09-20-2012, 08:59 PM
how do u sneak pull with range weps (new to non caster classes)

You cannot really reliably do it here, projectile weapons are almost instantaneous.

Couple this with Sneak disengaging if you hit the target and you will probably end up dying more times than not trying to pull this off.

Tecmos Deception
09-21-2012, 08:38 AM
On live thrown weapons and arrows had a travel time. So you could fire something off at a mob from a distance, and then until the projectile got all the way to the target, you were still NOT in combat... so you could hide+sneak without it just being an evade attempt. Then when the projectile did hit the target, it would come alone because you were hidden/sneaking.

I think. Didn't actually rogue on live.